Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Plenty of fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jetplague
Msg: 2
Plenty of fishPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Results have been zero for me. Lots of women telling me I'm cute and a great guy....but no offers. Looks like you get what you pay for.
 markus
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 5/31/2005 10:30:53 PM
Plentyoffish is the second biggest dating site in canada, if you can't find someone here you won't find them anywhere....
 Colinbooya
Msg: 4
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/1/2005 1:24:20 PM
My life has changed since i checked it out, POF rules!
 piecesof8
Msg: 5
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/2/2005 7:43:53 PM
Well don't count it out because it hasn't yielded results for you. There are other free sites out there. And I get tons of responses and I'm in the US. To each his own. POF is a great site.
Dan
 T_i_g_g_e_r
Msg: 6
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/2/2005 9:39:23 PM
Worked for me
 rayne_69
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/2/2005 11:18:17 PM
me too!

it does work :)
 Buttterfly_kisses
Msg: 8
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/2/2005 11:39:20 PM
it's worked for me....(if ya read this sweety, BIG KISS!)
 antares1222
Msg: 9
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/3/2005 6:49:11 PM
I'm in the US and I've been on pay sites as well as this one. I get plenty of responses, but the quality of responses on this site is poor compared to that of pay sites. I received inappropriate messages on sites like match and yahoo, but there seemed to be a lot more possibly legitimate people on those sites. 90% of messages I get on this site are rude/ sexually oriented/ incoherent/etc. On pay sites, at least half of my messages seemed worthwhile.
 ruth78
Msg: 10
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/5/2005 1:23:01 PM
i think this site's great, i've made lots of new friends on here and think the people on these forums are cool too because most of them have got problems we've all been through or are going through right now, so we help each other.
i think if people don't like it here, instead of slagging it off, they should just delete their profile and leave and go somewhere else.
if you don't like it at all, why are you still on here?
 salamander000
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/5/2005 2:00:37 PM
dull? let me in on your secret(s) Most of the dating sites I have looked at (besides this one) the applicants are dull and generic (not to mention geriatric~ Heck,Hello Kitty ads are more exciting than most sites!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 12
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/5/2005 2:03:08 PM
I think most sites, pay or free, are only good for people under 35 or people looking to hook up for casual sex. Period.

I stay with POF because of the forums.
 spiceygamble
Msg: 13
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/5/2005 2:41:47 PM
I've made a point of checking around.
(nice job, by the way plentyoffish!!)
Been single, had a few profiles.
You have to really check around for the right kind of site for what you're looking for.
True as fox pointed out-many...and I do mean many sites are full of young kids or older lonely parents. If you're looking to ruffle a few feathers sexually,
those sites are a big messy pond of horney people.
If you want to meet quality people there, you'll find they've picked up a bit of attitude along the way or they've gone elsewhere.

We all want certain things, some of us have an oppertunity to find it here, for free-
thanks fishgang, much appreciated.
 pwalsh67
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/6/2005 8:38:09 AM
I like this site...I get very few responses but that's due to a number of factors, and hey the price is right. :)

-Patrick
 enoonmai
Msg: 17
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/9/2005 6:14:50 PM

Plentyoffish is the second biggest dating site in canada, if you can't find someone here you won't find them anywhere....

I wouldn't say that!
 hermangdog
Msg: 18
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/10/2005 5:56:43 PM
I think it is all timing. It is possible to meet someone anywhere at anytime and being on a site like this just increases your odds. Just don't expect too much out of it or get frustrated if there are no results immediately.
 Handsomesque
Msg: 19
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/10/2005 11:56:31 PM
Every girl I've messaged has either:

a) not replied because they weren't interested, whatever.
b) replied, and then when I replied back said nothing, again, whatever.
c) replied, several times, to the point where we arranged to meet, and then stood me up.

and then I ran out of local girls who interested me...
 enoonmai
Msg: 20
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/11/2005 4:21:12 AM
[qutoe]Every girl I've messaged has either:

a) not replied because they weren't interested, whatever.
b) replied, and then when I replied back said nothing, again, whatever.
c) replied, several times, to the point where we arranged to meet, and then stood me up.

and then I ran out of local girls who interested me...

MEGA DITTO!!!
 dae
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/11/2005 6:44:20 AM
I think the real problem is that the internet is too easy to use, so people don't go out as much to meet others, but it is true the bar scene isn't any fun; there are lots of people but no one wants to give any one a real chance, they always think they can do better than what is available in their area, pretty soon there is no one left to choose from; no matter what site you go on it's all like that. I love the forums, most stes don't have that, all we can do is keep Music and POF
 woutgrp
Msg: 22
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/12/2005 8:04:48 PM
just joined a few weeks ago and i'm pretty busy now...hadn't had a date in 6 mths prior to this....just hang in
 carribeanking7
Msg: 23
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/16/2005 3:51:59 AM
No problems here....
a fairbit(60%) of my mail get replied
some of the ladies even initiated the mail
met many in person
the forums are good
 theBaroness
Msg: 24
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/16/2005 10:55:58 AM
I met my boyfriend three days after joining POF. We're aiming to get married by next March.

Pax Christi,

the Baroness
 Garf
Msg: 25
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/19/2005 12:09:54 PM
I've only had 2 mails not get replied to, which is pretty good considering my pic.

PoF is huge, easy to navigate, and I've met a lot of people here. So much easier than trying to meet someone at a bar. I hate meeting people at bars, so I don't do that, but you know what I mean.

I just deleted my account at Webdate, because it was completely inadequate. 90% of the members are guys, and the girls all ignore 90% of the guys that are on there to begin with.

The forums here are pretty awesome though. Thanks to Moist for introducing me to them. (she doesn't know it, but she did.)
 ChronicTom
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/19/2005 12:41:06 PM
Average_gurl...

well I think you might be missing the main benefit of POF, and thats these forums... its through the forums that you get to express yourself as you truly are... I know that most of the people I've talked to is through the forums... yes there are people that come on looking for just sex, but they are the ones that have very few posts in the boards... and it becomes obvious after a couple of posts wether a person is looking to get to know people or just looking ot hook up...

Although I havent 'met' anyone through here yet, I did run across someone I already knew but never had the chance to talk to...

and for those who are whining about sending emails to people and not getting any responses, do you think there might be a possibilty its because of the emails you've sent???

If your here expecting to have the first (or even tenth) person you talk to to be the ONE, then you are probably not going ot be very happy... think about it this way... if you go to a bar, there are likely at least a hundred people there, and how many 'responses' do you get there?? besides offers for casual sex that is....

just my two cents... lol
 ChronicTom
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/19/2005 12:48:59 PM
and on the same note... if you check, you'll find that there are over a million posts on the boards... sorta makes a person wonder how it is that someone could meet no-one if you were actually trying?? you obviouslly know where the boards are if your reading this... lol
 undercover blonde
Msg: 28
Plenty of fish
Posted: 6/21/2005 9:24:32 AM
I was flooded with mail when I first signed up, now I don't get many, but I stay for the forums. I have met a couple of nice people from here, and have 1 that I am trying to get up the nerve to email .... all in all this site is the best I have ever encountered.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Plenty of fish