Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Country folk      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 malct
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Country folkPage 1 of 1    
Hi all
What's your thoughts regarding people who live in town/city area's to people who live in the country.

I live in a very small village!!! to small to even mention on my profile, so i have had to put my closest town.

My own thoughs are , country people are way behind the times compared to city people, call it street cred or lack off, but i do think it will have an effect if a country lad takes out a city girl and what they are use to, Or is it me just been crazy.

Sitting in a village put or hitting the town clubbing

Malc
 cheekyjules
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:58:59 AM
I live in the small town of warwick and I would say people here can be a little more ignorant than in citys...
We are surrounded by lots of country side and alot of people here tend to have some old fashioned ideas on alot of the politics today.

For instance, you would not see a lady in a burkha round here so she may be stared at if she happend to shop in town, if you went to the city people would not glance twice.
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 10:02:08 AM
It can be very tough adjusting... I come from the Valleys in North Wales... very calm and quiet and remote... the nearest town was 12 miles away and in the winter.. the snow could cut us off for a week or more... I think someone from the city would find that pretty hard to cope with...

I moved to the south 8 years ago... still live in a village which like you OP unless your from this area no one would have heard of it... but Brighton is just 13 miles from me... have only been there roughly 10 times in 8 years... why? cause it frightens me to death... so busy and so many people... London.. forget it... been there once and didn't enjoy it at all... the underground was a nightmare with a buggy and baby and so confusing and packed all the time.. people pushing you this way and that...

could I live in the City? no chance...

I guess you mean pub lol... definately for me the village pub without question
 the cats pyjamas
Msg: 4
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 10:07:48 AM
country people are way behind the times compared to city people,

How very dare you!

We village folk do have electricity now-a-days! We have access to education, newspapers and TV's to keep up to date with world affairs etc. Some of us even have that new fangled tinternet magic !!

Was that a question? (no question mark)

Village pub is a far better option for a date, or just to enjoy a night out, at least a good old chinwag would be easier.

TimR_
Msg: 5
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 10:09:49 AM
I came from a small village in west wales that for at least 16 years i lived there had no shop and it definitley had no pub nearest town was 4 miles away bus service EVERY FRIDAY ( 10am & 3pm) from there i moved to stockport then london and now in essex and yes there was a major difference ....
Did i find it hard to adapt to citylife
Not really ....Just always make sure that you can escape .....

As for the dating aspect Country life = sheep were easy
City Life = No bloody sheep
seriously it depends on the other persons outlook as well if you date a serious townie ( no offence meant ) then yes it's going to cause problems but if as i have found most often that you do attract the more adventurous types that don't mind the smell of country air :)....... On that note .... position vacant lol :)
 Dissplaced Celt
Msg: 6
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 12:33:55 PM
Rather depends on what your after doesn't it.

I was raised in a very rural area, lived in London for years, and am now in a very rural area agian.

Did i have trouble adjusting, maybe, but i must admit i feel that city folk have lost touch with that matters in life, busy chasing money, success, and the trappings that mean little (huge generalisation i know). living in the middle of violence and dissharmony. From my viewpoint, county folk have it sussed.....

tho i do appreciate that it aint for all

I'll get me coat.
 bette noir
Msg: 7
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 12:58:25 PM
I have had the best of both worlds. Raised in Newquay, Cornwall... surf city, as some call it.. in my bday it was mods and rockers, and a few hippies thrown in for good measure. I was the mod type lol...
I now live near Oxford, in a village but only 6 miles from the city centre, so I'm neither a country bumpkin or a city slicker.... now I am confused
 2bDiscovered
Msg: 8
Country folk
Posted: 5/1/2008 2:29:05 PM
Well being that i am also in a small town in the lakes i can see where your coming from. I love the hustle and bustle of the city, i love going to Manchester or further afield shopping etc but still like to come home to the slower pace. Being a gemini tho i have split personality traits ( hahaha what out ) so i can enjoy the benefits of both, but would prefer to live in a quiet little village not sooo far away from a little bit of bustle.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Country folk