Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why women get bored with sex - my theory.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 perthbornboy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why women get bored with sex - my theory.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I just wanted to ask why,as a woman, you have gotten or do get bored with sex with the same guy.

I always wondered this because i had never been with any girl that got bored,so i thought it was a myth,but my current g/f has opened my eyes to something that i hope can even help some guys reading this.

When we first got together she said dont be surprised if we barely have sex after three to six months.Well a year later there is still passion and she quite often is the one who gets the ball rolling.I asked her the other day why she hasnt gotten bored yet and she said because i never beg for it like her ex`s have,She said when a guy begs for it then a girl feel obligated so it is like a chore and thus becomes boring.Ive never begged for sex,nor ever paid for it,im far from a stud or male model and i do have a healthy sexual appetite but i could never imagine pleading with someone for sex.i cant get into it if they aren't in to it.

So let me know if im right and i would like to know any other reasons women get bored with it.
 Marius66
Msg: 2
Why women get bored with sex - my theory.
Posted: 5/6/2008 3:32:56 AM

I asked her the other day why she hasnt gotten bored yet and she said because i never beg for it like her ex`s have,She said when a guy begs for it then a girl feel obligated so it is like a chore and thus becomes boring.

Hahahaha......so you blokes in WA gotta beg for it......should be begging for more wins in the footy

Have ta call BS on this thread mate.....don't know many blokes that would have to beg for sex. Me thinks your girl is feeding you what you want to hear or your full of crap...hehehe
 Leeanne
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 3:46:47 AM
I don't think anyone ever gets bored with SEX - they get bored with YOU! If someone has a hard time getting excited about an encounter they once found thrilling - I would say the edge has fallen off the relationship all together! There are more problems other than in the bedroom!
 baviaans kloof
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:11:33 AM
you may be on to something with your theory...

having it constantly available isn't good either. maybe if you guys said no occassionally then we would want it more often, just because we can't!!!

i got turned down by a bloke... (shock, horror!!!) well.... it wasn't a nice experience at all, but it did give me a bit of insight into what i had being doing for years.

anyway, he will be out of hospital soon and i'll try again, hopefully he's now learnt his lesson and will be a little bit more receptive to my suggestions...
 Bellydanza
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:26:52 AM
Uhm, you have a gf who is having regular sex with you but you're online looking for women??? Explain that one.

Frankly I think you just created this forum so you could brag about your sexual prowess. You come across as very arrogant which is a complete turn off to me. Most guys who brag haven't been able to live up to their hype with me.

Women don't get bored with sex, we get bored with the men we're having it with. Case closed.
 jst_a_mskgn_grl
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2008 4:56:11 AM
well, first, I would have to be in a realtionship where I was able to get bored...

BUT,

I can truthfully say that in the beginning, it's always great. There is passion and newness, making it exciting. After a while, the man rushes things and not enough attention is given towards the womans needs. Let's face it, women need foreplay and the older we get, the more we need.

But, I also think the older men get, the more in tune they are with a womans needs and the more they know, the better everything is. When that happens, women aren't finding it too boring or even to be a chore.
 simplelady66
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:20:53 AM
It isn't that I get bored, I get indifferent.

If it becomes a "chore", then where is the fun in that. If it is all about him, and the act, not the feelings that should be behind it, then I am nothing other than a toy.
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:25:09 AM
*shakes head*

Yet another one with a girlfriend who is here looking for "long term" and doesn't have a picture. Uh huh. What a winner.

And yeah, when what I need and want stops mattering it's going to get boring really quickly.
 nocatchyname
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:42:12 AM
in his defense, read past the long term/single part of the profile.

I don't know why women get bored, but I know I get bored when she doesn't put forth any effort, and it's always same old same old. So it's not the sex itself, but the person.
 hala-steve
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:49:09 AM
man shall not live by bread alone...
 American_Iconoclast
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:01:29 AM
People dont get bored with sex, it one of the most compelling urges human beings have, right behind survival and hunger.

They get bored with lazy, apathetic partners.
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:12:43 AM
As a species like any other we are programmed to procreate, which is why that initial 'surge' of desire is there, and also why it wanes to a slightly lesser degree after a certain time.
Okay, there's the biological reasons why...

As to the rest, it is up to both people to keep the interest alive. If a person doesn't treat you well, the desire fades in a hurry. If the only time they show physical affection toward you is because they're looking to tear off a piece, that becomes obvious too and can also cause desire to lessen, as we may feel like that's the only time we are really wanted.

If the whole act follows a script ie: grab boobs for one minute, proceed south and immediately enter, do not stop to kiss or do anything other than the 'deed', it eventually becomes off-putting, even if he's the nicest guy ever.

If the only times that sex is allowed are when the game isn't on, after he's had time to relax, at night in bed, when he doesn't have a 'headache', or kept to the third Thursday of the month, guess what - it gets boring.

These things can and do often leave women feeling like wtf just happened here? The first three to six months he couldn't get enough of me, and now it's reduced to this???

I would imagine it can be much the same for men, but I maintain that it is up to both parties to ensure that initial spark turns into a long burning fire.

hnh
 galonthemt
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:20:44 AM
Now ladies.......we are being guilty of doing what we accuse the men of. NOT READING A PROFILE. He does state he found his princess.

Boredom sets in when romance leaves.

Men want sex.....women want to make love.............
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:20:52 AM

in his defense, read past the long term/single part of the profile.
.....I did. BUT if you read the FIRST part of his profile, he did not choose the Not single/Not looking

I get bored when she doesn't put forth any effort, and it's always same old same old.
.....I guess she may feel the same about you.
I was with my ex for 8 years and never got bored because I loved him so much at that time and for him to just touch me was enough to get the ball rolling, except when he was pissed and the alcohol took over his brain and his manhood.
 meteor 54
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:21:48 AM

I would imagine it can be much the same for men, but I maintain that it is up to both parties to ensure that initial spark turns into a long burning fire.

That HUGS! Speaketh with much wisdom!
[keep a fire extinguisher handy!]
 Spoken For
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:36:58 AM

I just wanted to ask why,as a woman, you have gotten or do get bored with sex with the same guy.

It's never happened.
 Urbanessa
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:53:23 AM
Women get bored with sex?
Men beg their spouses for sex?

What planet are you living on?
 Fun FL girl
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:55:34 AM
if you are with someone, who is selfish and concerned for only his needs, then it becomes real boring! I also think it is a mark of immaturity when a guy has to "beg" for sex.

my .02

98quira
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:56:52 AM
I agree about the begging thing. but i also think if one is tired, stressed, on the pill, has had kids... other things in life become more important. Women generally have less drive than men anyway in my opinion. But yes begging is irritating and makes you feel like giving in even less. Just like if someone begged you to spend all day with them you wouldnt want to
 happyrebel
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:57:01 AM
The OP is talking about boredom within the first year-WTF? Sorry..I was married for 23 yrs and it wasn't until about year 15 that the boredom set in. By then we had small children and they certainly changed our sex life! Seeing as how a lot of marriages don't even last 15 yrs, I consider myself fortunate.

HR
 98quira
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:59:49 AM
Oh and definately if the guy gives up on foreplay or any pleasure for the gf then yes its boring, depressing and painful.. oh, the lack of lubrication
 Aluria
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 7:11:24 AM
It's called keep the imagination, fantasy, and foreplay going on and things should stay happy and content...no beggin or getting bored.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 7:20:39 AM
True. Many men will become an instant "penis machine" the minute they stop asking for it, bringing it up, trying to scheme the next time it's gonna happen.

Women are more than capable of taking it when they want it (if she's got a sex drive at all, I'd sit back and put your feet up).

Oh, and yeah whatever turned her on in the beginning, don't change it. Trick is to find out what that is, and make sure you stay on it.

I might get bored.. but it would be with the guy.. not with the sex.

That's VERY true, Limeshines. It's never the sex, it's almost always the guy. I can improvise, but if I'm always doing all the work, then what's he there for? lol
 Limeshines
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/6/2008 7:25:27 AM
I'm cool with sex all the time... woohoo

I might get bored.. but it would be with the guy.. not with the sex

Sex is about relationships with me.. if I adore him the sex will be good
 SueCat51
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2008 8:46:56 AM
For a variety of reasons:

#1 - same time/same place
#2 - they are bored with you
#3 - it's the ol slam, bam, thank you mam. Geez - what happened to foreplay?
#4 - it's all about you
#5 - it's like a re-run. It always end up being the same ol thing
#6 - it's become a chore
#7 - unhappiness outside of the bedroom
#8 - lack of romance
#9 - it stinks! Perhaps one of you has bad BO or bad breath
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why women get bored with sex - my theory.