Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > The Bountiful "P-O-Fishing Hole"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Remy123
Msg: 1
The Bountiful "P-O-Fishing Hole"Page 1 of 1    
Curiosity killed the cat. POF killed the male race and/ or species. No empathy is requested here, I merely wish to accentuate the bastion of possibility that exists considering this topic:
We live in a modernized world where computers have ultimately become another source of matchmaking. Word of mouth has spread the infinite advertising capabilities of this outlet. Can't find a date? Can't find a mate? Check out "Plenty of Fish." It all sounds too good to be possibly true, and furthermore, I think in ways it is. Signing up is easy. We all can find 10 minutes or less to register our names to the database that allows us to post the sometimes mostly needless or invented information about "ourselves" on this website. If you are of the male species, you are at a slight disadvantage. You are expected to almost always make first contact and break the ice with a potential candidate for courtship. We know what to expect from what we can read in the ladies' profiles. However, I sense some untruth, or bailing out from the truth...even distortion of the truth from some, if not a majority of the population using this website to create dating opportunities for themselves! The moral of the story is, let's be a bit more honest outright on our profiles, gentleman, and the latter but not less respected ladies! Some people take this POFing very seriously, while others find it synonymous to a video game. Either way wouldn't we all be better off with some moderated consideration for what to expect, what to find, and what to reveal if/when we meet our potential suitors? Thanks, that'll be all. =)
-Remy- javascript:smilie('')
 maxkix
Msg: 2
The Bountiful P-O-Fishing Hole
Posted: 5/15/2008 8:19:49 PM
COOL! I Like what you said...
 margot40
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/18/2008 5:53:27 AM
Well, I do hope the fishing hole doesn't P-O . . . I'm having too much fun here and making some great friends. I've had more contacts since removing my profile. Will I ever find a partner here? Not likely at my age. I really thought it was easier for you youngsters. But then, when or where was it ever easy?
 troheat21
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:57:00 PM
i see with you i am conecting to a lager source global surch for infanet friends the more i make the beter i will spell and i do have 360 dont you
 Jennlea3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:31:21 PM
Thanks Remy123, I wish more people would take this site serious, or at least be honest and upfront . I hate the deception, and out right lies some make to just set a person up for the unexpected. Maybe we all should clarify what " friendship " mean to one another. I know for a fact that some people use that word interchangeably with bed partner. That's not my intention. Isn't friendship really being friends anymore, or am I so old and out dated that I have lost all conception of the English language ?
 troheat21
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:20:30 PM
"Take a leave and come with me. Finally we've taken up direction. And we believe, more than we see. We've found solution in confusion. Living the only life we know. I'm taking my journey back through time and this time is mine cause this time I've got so much time. Taking my journey back, I've got things in line, for my life this time, won't turn back this time."
 booboo44
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/9/2008 8:08:16 AM
Honesty? What is honesty? Everybody has a personal rep of themselves displaying enthusiastically on the first stages of dating. It happens in real life as well, not just online. So honesty can be quite subjective. Lemme give you some examples.

Should a man say "Hey, to be honest, I will be sweet talking your ears and taking you to fabulous outings for a good two or three months, but after that I'll turn into a football sunday slob who wants hot food and you readily available at my whim" ?
Or should a girl say " Hey, I'm all sweet and gorgeous looking right now, but in two or three months (exactly the amount of time you'll take to turn into a remote control thumb exercising moron) I will let myself go a bit, and nag you about how you don't love me like you used to" ?

Kind of a killjoy huh.

Now let's go a little further.

Should a man say " Hey I appear to be an intellectual, laid back dude who likes to take it easy, but in reality I'm a broke azz underambitious loser who pretends it doesn't matter by saying I'm an artist, and I will try to sponge off you as much sex and hot meals as you can possibly tolerate" ?
And what about the girl responds "It's okay, I appear so cool and understanding, but that's only because I have very low standards for myself, but since I'm dating so low you better stay in line 'cause if you try and play me I will call your momma, embarrass you at work and key your car"?

Doesn't seem viable huh. Didn't think so.

Your concern is valid, Remy, and you write very well. But I think we can only rely on our intelligence, perception and good character assesment...always assuming that things are buttered up quite a bit.

troheat21
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:56:19 PM
Ok fist I am not going down like that you are wrong by saying that if you think its all ways like. that I because you refused to look out side of that and made up you mind that was how you felt thing had to be in truth it like what this is all about find some one that fits into what you think is right divorce comes to easy the grass is ways greener on the other side
I will personally speak for all men on this one we are not dogs in tell you make us feel like one. people this is not how the world has to be that’s why we are all looking for some thing some of us not knowing what we are looking for that’s when the cat and dog come out what we all need is to find God and his promise. Yea we all don’t why we have let time go with out any true beliefs love true love has to …………
:modhammer: :modhammer:
 rhiannon74
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/10/2008 10:32:35 PM
jennlea,
i have to agree with you and what you said about the word 'friendship' on here. on my profile, i am very explicit with the fact that i am ONLY interested in finding friends on here. i even go on to say that i am NOT interested in cyber or phone sex or 'hooking up,' yet, somehow, im a **** because i get ims from men who are only interested in the things i said i am NOT interested in. i know that this is a singles' site, and someone like me should probably not be looking for friends here, necessarily, but when i signed up for this site, i WAS looking for more than a friend. times have changed, and so have i, yet i dont think that those are reasons for me to delete my profile. this is a place where i am able to connect with people my age from my area, and i dont think that there are any 'rules' that say i have to be actively looking for a 'life partner' in order to be here. i just wish that people WOULD be honest and assume that the things that are said on our profiles are ALSO honest, but that would be too perfect for a too perfect world that none of us live in...lol. good luck to all of us for whatever has brought us to this little neck of this vast sea of the world wide web!
 booboo44
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/12/2008 8:26:27 AM
Um..Troheat, are you literary challenged? Or have you been drowning your sorrows in bourbon?
Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > The Bountiful "P-O-Fishing Hole"