Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > hidden profile yet others can view me!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 welshcariad
Msg: 1
hidden profile yet others can view me!!Page 1 of 1    
Help! I hid my profile for safety reasons ( somebody staliking me) and yet the viewed-me bar shows that guys can still see my profile!
 Gobrait
Msg: 2
hidden profile yet others can view me!!
Posted: 6/16/2008 5:07:32 PM
Interesting, I hid my profile on Friday (June 13/08) and see that people are still viewing my profile. One just emailed me to want contact. I was surprised. I have even put in my profile that it is hidden for the summer. That only my favourites can contact me. I wish hiding profiles was more effective. There's a good reason why we don't want to be viewed or contacted. Lack of privacy!!!!

Thanks.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/16/2008 5:29:16 PM
I wish hiding profiles was more effective.

It only hides you from Searches. You are visible and can be messaged via the Forums because you have posted here.

Related Links:Profiles: Being Invisible/Hidden
Profiles: Stop monitoring Users loging in
 jLoveDub88
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/28/2010 2:36:56 PM
Hi there :) i like the fact that this site is free,
but Outsiders who are Not necessarily on this site,
can view my profile, And they can check my personal preferences
when it comes to relationship status.
I dont like the fact that there is a Complete lack of Privacy
there seems to be a total disregard for the User's SAFETY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For example what if someone who barely knows me,
sees my profile pic on the membership page
clicks in and has a look at my Personal preferences!!!!!!!!!!
People this is Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dangerous,
because not only do strangers see your personal info, or your pics
but they get to view alot of other personal info including your sexuality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just do not think it's fair!!!!!!!
I would definitely ask in the interest of the users privacy and SAFETY
that the administrators replace the current setting and the security functions
when people sign up.
Our personal information is Our business no one-elses!!.
 .Selena.
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/28/2010 3:16:57 PM
^^ What does it matter if people who aren't members of pof can see your profile, you do realize EVERYONE on here can see it right? I don't know you and I can see your profile. I don't know what you're complaining about because it doesn't make sense. You want pof to hide profiles from people who aren't members, but anyone can sign up and see your profile anyway. Do you want pof to be just for you and your friends so strangers can't see your profile?

For example what if someone who barely knows me,
sees my profile pic on the membership page
clicks in and has a look at my Personal preferences!!!!!!!!!!

People this is Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Dangerous,
because not only do strangers see your personal info, or your pics
but they get to view alot of other personal info including your sexuality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the whole point of a dating site. People who barely know you will click your profile and contact you if they like what they read. How do you expect a dating site to work if you don't want strangers reading your profile??

Which is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so confused..
 lisa02169
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2011 6:17:07 PM
I think the user may not want people to know his/her sexiual preference. I guess your option would be not to post a picture but including one in letter.
 Novmoon71
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/24/2012 8:35:01 PM
If my profile is hidden and I still go on and look at profiles, will it show that I looked at a person's particuliar profile?
 SweetAlohaLuv
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2014 7:02:25 AM
Yes they will! It's not like match where you are totally hidden. Important to do if you don't want them to see that you've viewed: you have to go to "edit profile" then click on "mail settings" and you'll see that one of the options is whether or not users can see if you've viewed their profile. Choose "no" so that they can't tell. Pof doesn't make it easy for you to hide and if you contact or favorite anyone, even if you choose this options they will always be able to view your profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > hidden profile yet others can view me!!