Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He got my name tattooed on his chest!!!! -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 **chellanik**
Msg: 1
view profile
History
He got my name tattooed on his chest!!!! - Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ok, I've been with this guy for about 6 months. When i first met him he told me that he was divorced and that his ex-wife and kids were in Pennsylvania.. Well that part was true, but it was just for spring break... I found out about a month later he was very much married and she lived right down the road from me.!! Then he told me he was in the process of a divorce. LIE. i found out a few months later. by this time i had been with him for about 4 months, living together, and totally in love with him. he straight up left me twice to go back to her, said he missed his kids. and then i kicked him out a month ago because of his wife. (he told me i needed to stay out of his business) Fine it was over. ............... He showed up last night at my door with my name tattooed to his chest..... So sorry.......... wants another chance............. It will never happen again........ All the shit that i would tell any of my friends to grow up and face reality.......... so why can't i? ............ Can he change???? Do i give him a chance???
 bearbilly68
Msg: 2
view profile
History
He got my name tattooed on his chest!!!! -
Posted: 9/27/2008 10:41:11 PM
Is this the type of thing you really want to be exposing those 2 beautiful little girls to? Do better by them for god's sake.
 Ron9
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/27/2008 10:43:35 PM
One question begs to be ask.

Is it a permanent tattoo? (ok only partly a joke)

Based on what you said ..... I would guess NO - I doubt the same crap will not show up again and ...... again. Tattoo or no tattoo
 D_lily
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/27/2008 10:51:47 PM
Suggest tattoo removal, he hasn't thought enough of you to be honest with you. From what information you gave us he is not very stable either. Now, if you want drama, go for it.

Best Wishes
 Thunderstorms62
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/27/2008 11:15:35 PM
How many lies does this guy have to tell you.........
before you realize he's a Jerk?
YOU should have been gone after the first one!
Damn Hon, like another poster suggested........don't you and your girls
deserve better?
 christi66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2008 11:38:10 PM
I have always asked my friends do you really want to teach your daughter to have a relationship like that ? do you really want them to think its normal ? ask yourself that .
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 12:41:04 AM
You deserve better.
So do your daughters.

Tattoo removal is painful.
Serves him right.
 GOLDBERGG
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/28/2008 12:55:19 AM
RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!check if he is off his meds and if he is baker act him fast.....
 Closing Shop
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:18:26 AM
My favorite quote from the OP's profile:

"AND PLEASE, NO DRAMA!!!"

I really hope that this post and the profile are jokes. On the scary chance these are legit, I'm seriously concerned for your two children, OP, and not because of the danger this guy presents but because of the danger your total lack of good judgment presents. The issues you've laid out go beyond the scope of forum assistance, you should print out your post and take it to a professional therapist.
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:55:40 AM
Tattoos can have another tattoo put over them ... I have seen this done many times ... So what if got a tattoo of your name ... How about him showing some action rather than a tattoo ...

Or better yet he seems like a jerk so how about you move on and forget him ...

AnglFlyn
 Ismene1
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/28/2008 3:31:51 AM
OP: When I read your post, I thought you were much younger. I don't think you are using very good judgement. You have two lovely children, and you are a lovely looking woman. Why would you put up with this guy for a minute? He sounds like a loser, easily. He lies to you. He goes back and forth between you and his wife and family. Surely you can do better than this. You say you are 'in love.' There's really a big difference between being infatuated/being in love and really loving someone. A true, loving relationship is mutual and people treat each other with respect and honesty. This guy is neither respectful to you nor honest with you. The tatoo thing is just manipulation. I think, for yourself and your girls, you need to do some maturing. Walk away from this guy and find someone better.
 mz taken
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 3:35:28 AM
answers to your last two questions:
hell no
&
hell no
 Pers14
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/28/2008 4:46:49 AM
What a loser. If this guy showed up at my door, showing me his chest tattoo and crying for another chance, I'd laugh in his face and shut the door. Why are you even wondering about messing around with this guy? He lied about so much and you still let him live with you, while he went ping-ponging back in forth between you two women? Gross. Gather up your pride and do not talk to him, forget about him, and move on. Let the wife have him, and hopefully she'll dump him too.
 NativeMetalGrl
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:00:08 AM
Okay.. why did you not leave or throw his sorry butt out the first time you found out he lied?!
I made that same mistake and I hung on thru by bf's lies for 2 years when I shoulda left the first time he lied.. (just a month into our relationship).
At least you didn't have to endure 2 years, but.. DO NOT take him back..
If you do, he'll only get worse because, at that point, there won't be any consequences for his actions.
In his mind, he can do whatever he wants cause you'll always forgive him.
He's probably only showing up at your door cause the wife got wise to his bs and dumped him..
Don't do it! There are a million other guys out there and y ou should heal up from this and start fresh with someone who won't lie to you.
you deserve better.
 Navigator6
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:38:55 AM

How many lies does this guy have to tell you.........
before you realize he's a Jerk?
YOU should have been gone after the first one!
Damn Hon, like another poster suggested........don't you and your girls
deserve better?

DITTO.

I'd like to also add that by OP's own admission, she's NOT over this guy. So, WHY is she on a dating site looking for another partner?? How fair is that to potential suitors? I'm a firm believer in finishing one thing BEFORE starting another. If she still has an emotional attachment to a cheating liar, or anyone for that matter, she has NO BUSINESS advertising herself as being "available". She may be physically available, but certainly isn't emotionally available.

IMO, that's incredibly selfish & unfair to everyone involved.
 lovelymisfit
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/28/2008 8:44:19 AM
Hiya OP.
Your in REAL trouble if you havent already worked this out???
Come on.......we are in the real world!!! You definately know this guy and what he is all about......You just explained that to us. So why would you even consider giving him another go? He will continue to go back and forth..........and you know it.
I agree with most in this thread..........Get rid of him!
Who gives a shit that he has your name tattoed on his chest. That means nothing.
You and your girls DO DESERVE BETTER!!
Keep strong and dont give in to his "poor me" attitude
 billpnj
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 8:59:30 AM
As Goldbergg said "RUN"
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:06:27 AM
You're a beautiful woman - don't sell yourself short, you can do better

indehills
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:06:57 AM

Can he change????

Simply put: No. Men will go to great lengths not to lose a mistress (you).

That being said, I HIGHLY doubt the tattoo was real. If it IS real, then you don't want someone stupid enough to have his mistress' name tattooed on his chest while he's still married. He's either got serious mental or maturity problems if he did that.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:07:28 AM

All the shit that i would tell any of my friends to grow up and face reality.......... so why can't i?
Aaah, you have discovered the reality of life. It's easy to say, it's harder to do! Talk is cheap, actions are a lot more expensive, especially when it is you that has to pay for them!

Now it's time for you to put that emotional money where your rhetorical mouth has been.
Can he change???? Do i give him a chance???
You cannot change anyone, and most people find it very hard to change.
This guy's a retard who's lost his marbles, not a valient knight on a white steed.
Beatles posts, so I don't have to.
I'd like to also add that by OP's own admission, she's NOT over this guy. So, WHY is she on a dating site looking for another partner?? How fair is that to potential suitors? I'm a firm believer in finishing one thing BEFORE starting another. If she still has an emotional attachment to a cheating liar, or anyone for that matter, she has NO BUSINESS advertising herself as being "available". She may be physically available, but certainly isn't emotionally available.
He is 100% right in saying this.

How would you feel if someone who was dating you, was not emotionally available? Put yourself in the man's place who might date you...
 jazmella
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:08:24 AM
As a wise TV show ad once said, "Don't try to change him, EXCHANGE HIM!". There really isn't much more that needs to be said. This guy doesn't sound like a winner, from what you're telling us. You deserve a lot better. And the fact that he's telling you to stay out of his business? Meanwhile he's trying to win you back and be a part of your life? What the hell? Ditch this guy before the drama escalates beyond return.
 SueisWho
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:34:00 AM
Stray Cat said it straight and simple...

Are you strong, OP? Stop giving this guy your personal power....

carolann0308
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 1:02:17 PM
Are you Nucking Futs lady? He is married, a liar and he has a family, so do you. Is this the kind of example you want to set for them? You moved a married man in with your babies and allowed him to return twice?
Will he change? Sure one day he may get a divorce and be available, but he will always be a liar and a cheat. Don't kid yourself into believing that you are extra special so he took a chance and went against his better judgement. He sought you out as an easy mark. The tattoo? That means he's also a moron.
You are only 30, very pretty and deserve a man that is kind trustworthy and SINGLE.
 bullielover62
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/28/2008 1:06:17 PM

Stray Cat said it straight and simple...

Are you strong, OP? Stop giving this guy your personal power....

And then whoissue backed it up with yet another great post.

OP, you have two beautiful daughters who are learning how to be treated by a man by watching you.

WATCH YOURSELF and take your power back girlfriend.

WTF does having a tattoo of another woman's name on a man's chest say except S T O O P I D ???
 gb300
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/28/2008 1:13:49 PM
Why cant you (get rid of him)? Well maybe you like the drama too. I'm not putting you down here. Sometimes drama or attention, even a very bad kind of attention is intoxicating.
He obviously cant commit to you and only wants you now because he doesnt have you. Its a greed thing, not love. And his skewed pride because you seem to be able to live without him (you kicked him out).
Gather up your self esteem hon, and as others have said, think of your girls. If you wont do better for yourself, at least give them a fighting chance to see how real men can be.
Good luck dear..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He got my name tattooed on his chest!!!! -