Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men who ride Harleys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 38Nascar
Msg: 1
Men who ride HarleysPage 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
There is just something about a man who rides a Harley. A certain sex appeal that I can't see in men who don't ride. I've passed up some quality men because they didn't ride. Am I wrong to want that Bad Boy? (Of course he has to have a good boy in there somewhere too.) Maybe it's the adventurous personality I'm attracted to....what do you think?
 7times
Msg: 2
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:21 AM
nothing wrong with it... As they say we all have what we like or find attractive in another.. I say good for you but I might be bias. lol
 flightattendant_troy
Msg: 3
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:44:31 AM
i know what you mean. I've passed up quality women because they didn't BASE jump. You for example, I wouldn't give you the time of day. But I'm sure you are a very nice person. I'm just looking for a girl with an edge that wants to settle down.
 in_the_wind
Msg: 4
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:51:07 AM
It's not really the man that rides a Harley but the Harley & man together that is such a turn on. It's so nice to be snuggled up behind that special someone, with the wind in your face, the sun on your back & feeling that bike between your legs rumbling down the road. Being single for a few years now, & loving life, I have thought about buying a bike for myself. In the wind is an awesome place to be ! ! ! I know men name their bikes womens names, but I think I'll name mine Sancho...LOL....
 38Nascar
Msg: 5
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:51:33 AM
Hi Troy....explain what you mean by Base jump....That's a new one to me...LOL
 38Nascar
Msg: 6
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:55:28 AM
In The Wind.....I agree it's the combination of the man and his bike, I ride too. I don't have my own bike anymore due to my split. But you are right ...there is just something about sitting behind your man giving him the "reach around" and holding on...LOL
 7times
Msg: 7
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:58 AM
umm,, the reach around.... still talking about riding I assume.. lol
 38Nascar
Msg: 8
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:47 AM
7times, you bad boy......yep...then again it could lead to another Reach around.......
 sportstergirl
Msg: 9
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:53 AM
I ride my own HD and have a hard time finding a guy that rides. I'm into long distance riding and going all weekend. Most guys have a HD for the image, the looking cool and wanna be bad a**. Just because they have a bike doesn't mean I'll be interseted. They must be able to go the distance.
So if you really enjoy riding, than get you own bike. Than you don't have to depand on a man to go when you want to go.
sorry that's just my 2 cents.

oh yeah 7times has a dirty little mind
 scottymac
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:52 AM
Ugh... this subject makes me wanna gag honestly. I ride and have been doing so for over 16 years now. I have pretty much ridden anything you can think of with two wheels, Harley included. I currently ride a big fast sportbike that will top out around 190mph. HOWEVER, I get women like this who find out I ride and the first thing out of their mouth is "Oh, do you ride a Harley!?!" ME: "Uh, no. I ride a sportbike." THEM: "Oh...." Me thinking to myself: "Whatever..."

I've been around bikers for years... all types. I have found that there's basically two types of bikers: hardcore scooter trash who's lives revolve around their bike and then you have the "poseurs" who wear a tie all week and a squeaky new leather jacket on the weekends. The one thing most of them have in common is they are "sheeple" who buy in to that Harley "mystique"... the legend if you will. HD marketing loves these people because they would buy a pile of bovine fecal matter as long as it had "officially licensed by Harley Davidson" stamped on it. There are a very few of us within the biker community who actually don't give a shit what you ride. We love our bikes for the freedom and the fun it affords us. Our lives don't revolve around it. We don't "Live to ride and ride to live". It's simply another aspect of our lives, not our complete life. Does that make us any less of a man? Pfffft... not in my humble opinion.

Anyway, go ahead and chase that Harley man. You got about a 20% chance of him actually being someone worth a shit. Other than that, you better get used to him drinking regularly and ogling every saggy tit that gets flashed at a bike rally. Oh yeah, BTW... did I tell you I'm divorced because of this kind of shit? No, I didn't do this crap. Rather my ex-wife wound up cheating with someone from my riding club. Yeah, Harley guys are great. I'm still a biker, but I pretty much hate bikers as a whole now.

Cheers!
 38Nascar
Msg: 11
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:06 AM
hi Sportstergirl......You go girl! I love riding my own bike too and I do plan on getting another one in the future. I like distance riding too. Keep the rubber side up girl.
 robert_paulson
Msg: 12
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:00:36 AM
This thread should not be called " Men who ride Harleys" It should be called " Are you a tirebiter".
 38Nascar
Msg: 13
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:15:03 AM
GRRRRRRR....hate when that happens
 sportstergirl
Msg: 14
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:33:48 AM
Ump it's rubber side down and shiney side up
 38Nascar
Msg: 15
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:36:20 AM
Sportstergirl I knew that....had a blonde moment....sorry..........
 Ruby Red
Msg: 16
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:51:56 AM
Just something about that guy on a Harley.....or at least a big bike. The jackets, the swagger as you follow em around, the tatoos on the shoulder of Harley Davidson, etc. Then they turn out to be real treasures underneath on top of all that! They are more liberal, don't stereo type, are tolerant, and kind. Hell, Harley/Biker guys have a lot to offer. Give em a try! They do not disappoint!!
 last real woman
Msg: 17
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:00:39 AM
O.M.G you are so shallow!!!! ther are good men out there with bmw's ,mecedes, and porch's
geesh give them a chance!
 flightattendant_troy
Msg: 18
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:25:41 AM
Cops ride Harleys, but you will notice that their mufflers work. The only thing different about these so-called bikers are their mufflers. So basically, what you are after is the badass sound of a broken muffler. If that's the case, I used to have an 83 Chevy Vandura you would have married me to get a ride on.
 Destryridesagain
Msg: 19
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:43 AM

O.M.G you are so shallow!!!! ther are good men out there with bmw's ,mecedes, and porch's
geesh give them a chance!

"lol...hahaha!!!..

I dont think it matters really what you ride,as long as you're rideing...
As for the ones that think "If it aint a Harley it aint sh!t"...lol..Well i'll put it this way...
I'll put my rice burnner up against you're tee shirt any day...lol..
Most people that have been rideing for any length of time,will tell you it dont matter what you ride...It's all good...

Keep the rubber side down...
 azviktor
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:35:22 AM
THERE IS A PLEASURE IN RIDING, NOT JUST THE DESTINATION, BUT THE TRIP GETTING THERE IS THE REAL FUN.BACK ROADS, LOTS OF STOPS TO REST OR REFUEL, GIVES YOU TIME TO TAKE IN THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU, YOU DON'T GET IN A CAR. IT'S LIKE TAKING THE TIME TO GET YOUR LOVER TO CLIMAX, IT'S THE TRIP GETTING THERE THAT IS THE JOY. I HAVE FOUND THAT THE WOMEN WHO ENJOY RIDING ARE DIVERSE AND ENJOY GOING OUT WITH ME BECAUSE I HAVE THE PASSION OF RIDING WHICH CARRIES OVER INTO OTHER THINGS I DO. THEY THEMSELVES MAYBE EXPERIENCED RIDERS WHO KNOW THE FUN OF TRAVELING ON A BIKE OR WHO ARE LOOKING FOR SOME NEW PASSION IN THEIR LIVES, REGARDLESS ,THEY USUALLY ENJOY BEING WITH ME ESPECIALLY WHEN WE GO RIDING. IT IS A TIME WHEN WE SHARE SPECIAL MOMENTS. JUST US ON THAT BIKE. MY SIX YEAR OLD BOY HAS A PASSION FOR RIDING ALSO THAT WE SHARE, IT'S JUST SPECIAL TO US. I'VE BEEN RIDING BIKES SINCE I WAS A KID, 35+ YEARS, RIDDEN ALL TYPES OF BIKES. OWN MORE THAN 1 TYPE AT MOST TIMES. FROM DIRT TO QUADS TO WINGS, BUT SINCE 16 I HAVE ALWAYS OWNED A HARLEY, THEY MAY HAVE NOT ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING, BUT THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL IN EVEN GETTING ONE BACK ON THE ROAD , EVEN IF IT TAKES A FEW YEARS. I'M NOT A BAD BOY BIKER TYPE, NOR AM I A WEEKENDER, THEY ARE JUST PART OF ME. ANYONE WANT TO RIDE?
 jonesger123
Msg: 21
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:47:59 AM
don't fight it. It's even worse when the roles are reversed, I've stayed with a bad girl just because of that same appeal. I'm a sucker so now I just insist they also have a steady job. Some do!
 38Nascar
Msg: 22
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:50:53 AM
To set the record straight, ALL riding is cool. I just have a preference for the look a Harley has. No one is right or wrong here...we all are entitled to our opinions. I respect that.
 hartmcgin
Msg: 23
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:55 PM
Scottymac - Sounds like you said it all.......... right on, dude. In my profile one pic shows me on my 01 Road King, yes I fell for the Harley Dream. $400 a month bike, that had parts made from other countries. Ever see those girls who wear t-shirts that say "I'd rather push a Harley, then Ride a Honda. Where was one of those ladies when my computer went out in the middle of Idaho. First year the chrome on my primary and tranny covers cracked and peeled. Know what they told me at Harley, oh you got one of those bike, where the parts were made in China. I now ride a 97' Vulcan 1500, I bought for $5k with 12K miles on it. Looks like a harley, sounds better then most harleys, more h/p, and rides just as nice or better. And the best thing is it's paid for!!!.......... Another good thing is most women don't know it not a harley til after a good ride, then it's doesn't matter, because it was just as fun. Just think all that for about a third of what a harley cost. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Harley, but then again i've loved all my motorcycles. Riding just too much fun.................. So ladies if you really what a fun date, get a guy that rides and it doesn't have to be a Harley...........
 Still_Sexy_At_60_
Msg: 24
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:19 PM
I AGREE WITH YOU..I MET MY GUY HERE ON THE SITE 4 MONTHS AGO..HE RIDES A HARLEY AND WE ENJOY IT ALOT.I WOULD BE DATING HIM EVEN IF HE DIDNT RIDE AT ALL....I PERSONALLY NEVER LOOKED AT HIM BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHO HE IS..BUT I HAVE HEARD ALOT OF OTHER GIRLS SAY THEY WOULD LOVE TO DATE A MAN WHO RIDES A BIKE..ALSO HE NOTICED THERE WERE GALS ON THE SITE WHO ONLY WANTED TO DATE GUYS WITH BIKES...JUST A PREFERENCE...BUT BIKERS ARE MOSTLY SOFT SPOKEN AND KIND......MY GUY IS FOR SURE...
 bluerun
Msg: 25
Men who ride Harleys
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:04:24 PM
Whenever I see people on a motorcycle, I cringe. To be on one takes some real consideration, it's a lifestyle choice. There is more than one way to experience the freedom a motorcycle brings.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Men who ride Harleys