Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why don't men call after sex? umm Why don't women call after sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lost Guru
Msg: 1
Why don't men call after sex? umm Why don't women call after sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have heard this same complaint so many times and I would like to understand the reason behind it. Why is it such a crime when a man does not call the woman after sex? Is it a crime if the woman does not call the man after sex? Why do women make these problems and than blame men for it? Would it be a problem at all if the woman and man didn’t care at all of who called who after sex? What would a woman think of a man if he complained to her because she didn’t call him after sex?

Again, why do men have to do all the work and if we don’t, we get criticized for it but the woman is allowed to not do any work as in making phone calls etc?
 stitch_26
Msg: 2
Why don't men call after sex? umm Why don't women call after sex?
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:15:51 PM
Hmm ... Dont know for sure what answer your looking for on this one, but I for one am looking forward to the response.

But lets try this one.... I would have to say that if there is no calling after sex;

1. one of / or both people were not entirely thrilled with the activity

OR

2. maybe these two people bumped uglies before solid communication was established. Kinda jumped into things?? I mean if i've slept with you im certainly not going to feel "weird" about talking to you, you've already seen mr. winky. That being said there is always the other side of it maybe it was a little too soon and we dont know how to talk to one another yet....then you might have the he/she didnt call yet ... dunno really ... just call what ya got to loose
 RustySurfer10
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:27:53 PM
Hell, makes it that much better if she doesn't call afterwards!

I'm kidding...but seriously...sometimes people just want a hook-up and nothing more...so the call afterward would be well...pointless
 piscescoda
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:33:12 PM
I don't call you after sex because I don't want to talk to you. It was ass, get over it. Not every chick has the whole stupid emotional attachment.
 EtherealWine
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:39:40 PM
Just my humble opinion.....it must've not been good enough to call back on that one, or something may have rubbed the wrong way? no pun intended.

It would be the cowards way out, then again why make it possibly worse by calling to say: "Well you know it wasn't what I had hoped for" or worse yet:"fill in the blanks". It reminds me of the thread: "Why won't he/she call me after he/she said they would after the first date". Some people just don't communicate well, other lies about something, still others are blunt and say it as it is. There never will be a 100% good way to express a dislike for someone or something. Life still goes on, so continue on your path to finding the one that will call back. Good Luck.
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:40:51 PM
ummmm....because they're sleeping?

why do men have to do all the work
If you consider a phone call to be work, the sex musta killed you!
 Lost Guru
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:45:45 PM
ummmm....because they're sleeping?

why do men have to do all the work
If you consider a phone call to be work, the sex musta killed you!

You are not getting my point. A lot of women expect the guy to do the feed back. The guy is expected to be the first one that communicates after sex or what ever. If he doesn't, women get all insecure about it. But these same women don’t expect to be the first ones that makes contact with the guy they had sex with. Meaning the woman does not expect the guy to feel insecure or the same way she does when she does not contact him either?

Than many women express this situation as its all the men’s fault and the man did something wrong when she is doing the EXACT SAME. That’s what I want to understand.
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:05:10 AM
Well since you're serious....

I do expect men to do the ground work....not because I get insecure or because I think he can't feel insecure, but because if he really wants me, he'll make the effort.

If he won't make the effort, then he's not worth it.
 belgarion
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:09:00 AM
When you come to the realization that men are men, and women are women. Only then young grasshopper will you have the answers you seek!!!
 Lost Guru
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:11:52 AM
Well since you're serious....

I do expect men to do the ground work....not because I get insecure or because I think he can't feel insecure, but because if he really wants me, he'll make the effort.

That’s a bit chauvinistic don’t you think? In other words just because you are a woman it means you have that extra privilege to not do any ground work and the poor male has to do it all because he is biologically a male?

You think women are superior to men and men should be doing the ground work or running around because women are worth more than men and women are a better catch for a man than a man is for a woman?

Men are human beings to. We are not your slaves. As you say it, a man is not worth it if he does not do any work to make something special happen. Does that also mean a woman is not worth it if she doesn’t do any work to make something special happen? why the double standard? It just makes you look stupid having no logic like that.
 HeavenlyTurtle
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:24:46 AM

When you come to the realization that men are men, and women are women. Only then young grasshopper will you have the answers you seek!!!

Best answer I've seen!

HT
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:29:15 AM
Don't ask if you don't want the answer...young grasshopper.

Did I say it was logical???? I said it is what I expect.
I hardly think expecting a man to make a phone call is considered 'slavery'.

Oh, and thank you for telling me what I think. How foolish of me to assume that I (a mere woman) would know what I think. I should have waited for the Guru to tell me what I think. I will know my place next time oh holy one!

It makes one look stupid when they jump to conclusions!
 Lost Guru
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:37:51 AM
Deborah

hmmm okay. So you are allowed to have these double standards for no logical reason? Interesting. It makes one look stupid when they have no logic for the things they do. You have no logic to the reason because you know a man is right when he says those types of things. There is no excuse to save you out of the guilt. Does a man ever get a logical answer from a woman with these types of dating issues? I hear a lot of women say that men are bad at communication. At least we have logic, that’s what I call communication.
 _Thisisme_
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:50:39 AM
I actually wasn't feeling any guilt. I also wasn't aware that expecting a man to call me was considered 'a dating issue'.

Choose not to do the calling if you wish, just don't expect much if you don't.
Tough life isn't it?
 Lost Guru
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:56:57 AM
Expecting the man to call is not a dating issue. BUT it is an issue when women think its wrong when men don’t call but they don’t think its wrong when the woman does not call.

Any double standard is an issue. Just because it's in your favor, you think no one should care about it and it should all be hushed up. But if it was a certain unfairness towards your gender, chances are, men would never hear the end of it.

It is feeling guilt when you totally deny the real issue of your actions. Meaning you don’t want to take responsibility for your own actions, instead blame it on men some how. I see that behavior in a lot of women these days.
 RustySurfer10
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:57:57 AM
"Tough life isn't it?"

Not really...
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/24/2006 1:00:47 AM
Men: Because they're asleep.
Women: Because they don't want to want the men up.
 Far_King_Romeo
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/24/2006 1:04:48 AM
RE: ~Deborah~

Yeah right, the same could be said about the woman as well..
I think what the OP is trying to say is that it is a 2 way street.. Why can't a woman do it
as well? We all have this mentallity that the ONUS is on the man to make the first move..
Why do guys have to be the intiator all the time.. If a woman likes a guy why can't she call
and be the intiator?
 Lost Guru
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/24/2006 1:07:29 AM
RE: ~Deborah~

Yeah right, the same could be said about the woman as well..
I think what the OP is trying to say is that it is a 2 way street.. Why can't a woman do it
as well? We all have this mentallity that the ONUS is on the man to make the first move..
Why do guys have to be the intiator all the time.. If a woman likes a guy why can't she call
and be the intiator?

Thanks, at last someone makes a logical reply.
 HeavenlyTurtle
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/24/2006 1:58:28 AM

What would a woman think of a man if he complained to her because she didn’t call him after sex?

Would that happen in the real world? For generations gone by, men have done the pursuing, the calling, the paying, the complimenting, now all of a sudden you guys want to be treated like girls? Why? I just don't get it. *Wanders off shaking her head in confusion*

HT
 Far_King_Romeo
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/24/2006 1:59:00 AM
Here's another spin on things..
Women do do this by the way.. and I have my Phone No on a card..
I was at a party and decided to try something.. There was about 15 women at this party
that were still single.. I gave them all a card and said ring me sometime.. Amazing thing
was that 8 rang back.. The problem was that I don't remember what any of them looked
like but I went out on a date with all of them anyway.. and 3 are still good friends with me
today.. So why did they ring back.. I asked them and they said because of the confidence
shown to be so bold.. Interesting...
 Lost Guru
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:05:26 AM
You don’t have to be a man or woman to be chained down on these rules. We are both human. I just think many women are chauvinistic when they think just because they are biologically a female, it means the male has to serve them and do all the running around or the ground work to make something happen. For many years feminist/women have complained that males treat women as slaves. Don’t you think its treating men as slaves when you expect them to do all the work to make something happen? Common where is the logic here?

A male is labeled as a controlling, chauvinistic, slave driver, if he expects the woman to do all the house work so why cant a woman be labeled as a controlling, chauvinistic, slave driver for expecting the male to do ALL THE WORK to make a relationship happen?
 lincoln Park
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:12:57 AM
Sounds like someone is talking from experience
 hapeenurse
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:31:29 AM
chances are , if he doesn't call me after sex then I'm probably happier for it!
it avoids the whole akward conversation of telling him the sex was horrible and it won't be repeated!
 Lost Guru
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:34:01 AM
chances are , if he doesn't call me after sex then I'm probably happier for it!
it avoids the whole akward conversation of telling him the sex was horrible and it won't be repeated!

Thanks for your opinion but my question is for the woman WHO DO complain about men who dont call them after sex. If they have a right to complain about it, I guess the male who they had sex with has a right to complain about that same woman not calling them first.

Fair play ladies :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why don't men call after sex? umm Why don't women call after sex?