Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: LOG IN PROBLEMS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 suecott1
Msg: 1
FAQ: LOG IN PROBLEMSPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I Have a girlfriend that is a member of plenty of fish, Her pc broke and she hid her profile until she got her pc fixed.

Now she is trying to sign back on to plenty of fish and the sign on screen keeps coming back tell her to go to tools to do certain things.

She came to my pc and tried to log on and it does the same thing. I can get on under my name, but she cant sign on under her name.

so she tried to make another profile but it tells her she is already a member. What is wrong and how can we get her back on pof.
 JustAChildLikeMe
Msg: 2
Posted: 9/14/2006 3:59:40 PM
If her PC is telling her to go to TOOLS and do certain things perhaps she should doing those things. Obviously, if her PC has been fixed some of the previous settings have been changed.

Just a start perhaps, I am sure someone on here with PC expertise will post soon with some other advice as well.

JMHO.
 suecott1
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:19:06 PM
thank your for your imput.. we did do everything they told us to do.. I just tried to sign her on and it woulnt work,, but i was able to sign in under my profile? on the same computer.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/15/2006 12:44:14 AM

Internet Explorer
      Go to < Tools > ---> < Internet Options >

On the "Security" Tab ...

... click to highlight: Internet, followed by clicking on the < Default Level >
      Do the samething for Local Intranet, Trusted Sites, and Restricted Sites

Click [ OK ] when done. Try logging into POF again.

Go to < Tools > ---> < Internet Options >

On the "Privacy" Tab...

... click on [ Sites ] and make sure that neither www.plentyoffish.com/ nor http://forums.plentyoffish.com/ are "blocked". If so, remove them.

On the same "Privacy" Tab... click on [ Settings ] and enter:

www.plentyoffish.com/ into the "Address of Website to allow:" Field.

Then click [ Add ] and hit the [ Close ] Button.

Shut down, and then open your Internet Exlorer Browser, then try to
      access the Account again.

Temporary Internet Files and Browser Cache(s) are best deleted before
      the above steps have been completed first. Manually delete all Cookies
      afterwards.

A nice, clean re-boot wouldn't hurt either.

Note:Many E-Mail and Forum Login Problems can be resolved
      by changing your Password.

Mozilla Firefox
      Make sure your Cookies are Enabled.

To delete your Cookie and Temporary Internet Files,
      go to < Tools > ---> < Options... >

Click on the "Privacy" Icon ...

... on the "Cookies" Tab, click on < Clear Cookies Now >
      and on the "Cache" Tab, click on < Clear Cache Now >

Go to < Tools > ---> < Options... >

Click on the "Content" Icon ...

... make sure if the < Block Popup Windows > Box is checked, to the
      far right click on < Allowed Sites >, ensure www.plentyoffish.com/ and http://forums.plentyoffish.com/ Status' are set to "Allowed".

Go to < Tools > ---> < Options... >

Click on the "Content" Icon ...

... make sure the < Load Images > Box is checked, to the far right click
      on < Exceptions >, ensure pics.plentyofsite.com/ is not blocked.

Note:Many E-Mail and Forum Login Problems can be resolved
      by changing your Password.

(Rev. November 9, 2008)
 Hugs2u
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/15/2006 4:04:40 AM
That message happened to me a couple of times . would tell me to go to tools etc.. It was a duh moment I was putting in my wrong password. Forgot which password I had for this site. So she may want to make sure she is using the right password.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/15/2006 11:02:01 PM

Internet Explorer Security Settings

1.On the Tools Menu, click Internet Options.

2.Click the Security Tab

3.Click the Custom Level... Button

If your Custom Settings Menu shows Medium or Lower,
you do not need to change your Security Settings.

If set to High, change to Medium

4.Click on the General Tab and then the Settings Button.

5.Ensure that Automatically is selected.

6.Click OK to exit the Settings Dialog and then OK
once more to exit the Internet Options Dialog.

Related Links:

Browsers: Can't Connect/Login to Plentyoffish
Firefox: Modify Parameters in Securities Option
Browsers: Internet Options
Plentyoffish: Resolving "Login" Issues
Browsers: Cannot see Plentyoffish Images
Browsers: How to Enable Cookies
Plentyoffish: Login Page to change Cookie Settings
E-Mail: Rejects User Name & Password for Login
Plentyoffish: Forum Logins & Passwords
 Hugs2u
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/16/2006 5:10:09 AM
I use windows xp IE
this is how the message comes up if you use the wrong password it shows up in red.

"You can put your email address in the username field if the username doesn't work
Make sure security settings are not set to high, if you are having problems logging in, also make sure your computer accepts all cookies.
Go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy and set the bar to low in Internet Explorer"
 Ticketoride
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/16/2006 9:23:06 AM
Has Internet Explorer 6.xx with the most current updates been installed?

Roughly how old is your Version of Windows XP, is your Computer from a Vendor such as COMPAQ, DELL, HP, etc. (OEM), Laptop, Desktop, age, Model and make?

The easiest way to answer this would be to get these Infos from your Computer in this Fashion:

If you would, open up your Windows < System Information > Program, left-click to high-light "System Summary".

Next, go to your < Edit > Menu and click >Select All< .
The Infos in the right side of the Window will have been high-lighted.

Next, go to your < Edit > Menu and click >Copy< .

Make a new POF Message in this Thread, then click >Paste< .

Don't post the Message quite yet.

Still with your Windows < System Information > Program 'open', left-click the [+] Box to expand the Sub-Category, then high-light "Summary".

And again ... go to your < Edit > Menu and click >Copy< .

And also again, click >Paste< to add to the new Message Post.

Then post it.
 Hugs2u
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/16/2006 10:21:39 AM
Here is the info I hope this helps . I just got the computer in April this year. New from Dell.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name
System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation
System Model Dell DE051
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2527 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A00, 8/15/2005
76477-OEM-0011903-00102

Version 6.0.2900.2180
Build 62900.2180
Application Path C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/16/2006 11:12:23 AM
Thanks for the Info.
Nothing out of the ordinairy.
Completely current.

To the original Poster, if this Message was in Fact in your particular Case not brought about by a wrong Username and/or Password, try another Browser such as Mozilla's Firefox.

See how that goes ...
 suecott1
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/16/2006 1:36:57 PM
Why can i get on POF under my name on her computer, and i can get on my POF on my computer, but Startingover///////////// cant get on either computer.

I will sign off and try and sign her in and we constantly get the same message.???? i dont think it is the computer i think it is POF, but we cant contact them to either delete her or fix her?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/16/2006 9:24:44 PM
Change your Password if its the same as your Online one.

Delete the Profile here: Account Deletions

Then create a new one.

Alternately, wait until this Matter has come to the Attention of the Admin to see what he can do to resolve it.
 Pandy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2006 10:06:37 PM
perhaps admin can give the user special permission to create a new interim profile as the old one can't be deleted if it can't be accessed?

Do keep in mind that creating multiple profiles without such permission constitutes a violation of terms of service, and can result in permanent suspension of privledges (just a general FYI to readers) :)
 Ticketoride
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/16/2006 10:18:17 PM
Also, you can have your Password E-mailed to you here: Cannot Login
 alphabet angel
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/8/2007 8:12:22 AM
i dont understand why this is happening but i have had to make a new profile in order to be able to post in here in the hope of getting this issue sorted out..

i have done EVERYTHING mentioned in this forum topic and my original profile will not allow me to sign in and it also tells me that my email address is not on the list

what can i do??

i want my original name and profile with my testimonials

please help
 Ticketoride
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/8/2007 9:43:07 AM
it also tells me that my email address is not on the list

Then your Password can not be E-Mailed to you.

Also, have a look at this Thread: Spyware - Popups, Homepage Changing
At least some of these Problems are caused by "Browser Hijacking" related Issues.

E-Mail the Admin, perhaps he can send your old Password to your Temporary Interim Account.
 Sasquatch2
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:29:35 PM
O.k., I finally mangaed to log onto the forums after 4 hours, but am STILL getting the

"the document contains no data" message , when I try to log into my fishmail.

I have tried your suggestion Ticket, as well as advice from other tech and mozilla boards.

IE, Opera and Safari for Windows are all giving me the same message trying to get here (on the site).

I can only get here using my bookmarks, the usual cached link in my dropdown address bar returns the 'no data' message as well.

Any other advice?

Can't send mail
 markus
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 12:28:17 AM
I haven't got a clue what document contains no data is all about.

As for login problems i'm hoping they are fixed now.
 Sasquatch2
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/14/2007 1:21:08 AM
Is there a problem with the network servers?

Still having the same problems.

Appreciate the link, which I read earlier, but I can't GET INTO my fishmail in the first place.

EDIT: Got your message Ticket, will upgrade to the 1.5 version and get back to you.

I sometimes make it as far as the login, but get the same 'no data' return after entering my username and password.

I enabled the browser error pages in configuration, and now get this message:

Net Reset Error

Offline Error
The document contains no data.

The address (URL) is not a valid format and cannot be read. A typical address will start with "http://", followed by an address, (e.g. www.netscape.com), followed by a path to the content (or just "/"). A common cause for the problem is using backslashes(\) instead of forward slashes (/).

The file specified by the address (URL) cannot be found. Check that the file exists and that you have sufficient permissions to view it.

The address (URL) does not correspond to a known site and could not be loaded. This could be due to a misspelling in the address or because the site does not exist. If the address is known to be valid, or if the problem occurs for many sites, it may be an issue with your proxy service (if you use one) or the directory name service lookup. In such cases you should consult your system documentation, administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) as appropriate for further assistance.

The address (URL) starts with a protocol that is not recognized by the browser. A protocol is the part at the front of the address, such as http: or ftp: which tells the browser how to connect to the site. In this instance, the protocol is unknown so loading cannot continue. Check that the address is correct before retrying.

The browser was unable to connect to the specified site, even though it exists. This may be because the site does not accept connections from your computer, the service may be down, or the site does not support the service or port that you tried to connect to.

The browser timed out while trying to connect to the specified site. The site may be experiencing high loads that are slowing it down, or network problems are preventing data from being received from it in a timely manner. If the site is likely to be busy, consider waiting a few moments before retrying the request.

The browser has stopped a connection because the site is redirecting requests to itself in a manner which prevents it from ever completing.

The site responded to the network request in an unexpected manner. This may be due to address (URL) using the wrong protocol for the specified port, or a non-standard configuration on the site which is running different services than expected.

The link to the site was dropped unexpectedly while negotiating a connection or transferring data. This may be due to a network fault somewhere between the site and your computer. If the problem persists, consult your system documentation, administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) as appropriate for further assistance.

The browser is currently offline and cannot connect to the requested site. Place your browser in online mode before trying again.

Try again

gemini55
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 7:53:52 AM
I too have been at pof for some time and now a freind is trying to log on and cant. he is on for one day then it boots Him off. We have tried everything and still cannot remain on site. ket us know what to do.. Thanks
 markus
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2007 7:58:53 AM
I've reversed the changes I made, so should be back to having login problems but at least you can send email.
 Sasquatch2
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/14/2007 4:19:52 PM
Don't know what exactly was causing the problem, but I'm back to normal, or at least my computer and this site is!

Thanks Ticket!

The upgrade works a treat!
 chinarose855
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:16:49 AM
Hello, friends, who may kindly help to resolve my “login in” problem?
I joined PDF and I like it very much, but yesterday, my roommate logined in PDF via my computuer, now both of our profiles can not be found, we are very anxious because there are emails we don`t still check.
My computer accepts all cookies, and security settings are not set to high. Now I am at a net cafe, and I have done everthing what I can, and I still can not log in back.
Why is this? Have we broken any of the rules of the site? So I can't understand what's going on.
How can two persons use one computer to login in PDF and also can avoid such problems?
Thank you to anyone who check into my login problem! Hope to get your help very soon!
Regards! Rose
 Jim97219
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Login problem
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:08:02 AM
This is a brand-new problem that started a couple of days ago. Until now, I've had zero problems getting in.
When I enter my user name then password, I get this page
http://www.plentyoffish.com/inbox.aspx?Guid=&SID=#in telling me "Make sure security settings are not set to (sic) high, if you are having problems logging in, also make sure your computer accepts all cookies.
Go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy and set the bar to low in Internet Explorer."
So I make sure my security settings are set to low and that my computer accepts all cookies. I then try to log in and get the same message. I rebooted my computer and got the same message. Any ideas?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 25
Login problem
Posted: 8/17/2008 3:20:27 PM
When I enter my user name then password, I get this page http://www.plentyoffish.com/inbox.aspx?Guid=&SID=#

Uninstall your GoogleT5 Browser Search Bar.

Related Links:Browsers: Ads, Registration Page, Google T5 Bar
Browsers: How to Enable Cookies
Browsers: Login Page to change Cookie Settings
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: LOG IN PROBLEMS