Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Crazy ex girlfriend that won't leave me alone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fun2ime
Msg: 1
Crazy ex girlfriend that won't leave me alonePage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok here is my story, my fiance left me on august 17th and then on september 11 she emailed me saying that she can't get over me bla bla bla. She keeps on buggin me basically saying she made a mistake and would do anything to make up for it.

I had lost feelings for her like a few weeks after the break up, and now she's pretty much become a stalker. What should I do? I really don't want to go to all the throuble to get a court order to keep her away.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Crazy ex girlfriend that won't leave me alone
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:13:23 PM
there are plenty of places to hide the body. Trouble is if I tell you, they won't be secret anymore, now will they?

Fry
 SteveHD
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:15:16 PM
I like to think of my stalker ex-g-friends as my own personal fan clubs....

Just wait it out. Stand your ground and let her know you're not interested then break contact...all of it.
 a1na2
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:16:34 PM
You were engaged and it only took a few weeks to get over her ?!!!!!

IMO that seems very quick considering you asked her to spend the rest of her life with you.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:20:28 PM

What should I do?

Take her back, marry her, get divorced, come start a thread about how you were duped.
 fun2ime
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:21:57 PM
Well I have been hurt by girls my whole life, so I guess I'm used to it. It does not take me long to get over somebody, even though we were engaged for 9 months.

I did consider getting back with her, but since she was with a other guy during our break-up that kind of disgusted me.
 Loz Hunter
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:27:34 PM
So thats that then, 25 days against the rest of your life...... interesting..... Why did you ask her to marry you???
 fun2ime
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:32:35 PM
I never did, we always used to talk about it. Eventually we just considered ourselves engaged.
 fish-n-4you
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:35:40 PM
Seems like every girl you date wants back in your life.

Or is this the same one? --> http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5520362.aspx
 fun2ime
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/19/2006 12:41:48 PM
LoL, believe it or not that is a old girlfriend. We dated in 2003 I did not hear from her for a long time, then this july she calls me up. That was totally unexpected, this situation I did expect because she was really obsessed with me.

I mean I still have her 100+ love letters and what not. We started dating in december last year, she fell hard and fast. It took me a good three months to develop feelings for her.
 BBW Shel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2006 1:15:55 PM
WOW funny I should come upon this particular fourm....... I just had the dame thing happen only I had been married for 5 yrs. It has been 6 months now and for the most part life does go on. I guess u could say I was in the stocking form for about a month or so but finally I realized what the hell am I doing lol he left me which I might add was a blow to my eago they think the grass is greener on the other side and when they find that u are not affected by it they tend to move on at some point. U have to ignore ignore ignore and she will get the picture baby U left me! good luck
 Da Hitman
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/19/2006 1:17:17 PM
Sounds like fun2ime's got a girlfriend... nah, nah, nah, nahnah.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2006 1:24:26 PM
I went through this a couple of months ago and then I made the mistake of speaking his name outloud to my roommate about a month after the last contact. That was all it took. These types have radar, I swear to God. Never speak their names outloud. Don't even think of them when all alone, in the dark, in the middle of a blizzard, while on a ship in the Bermuda Triangle. They sense it. They feel it. They are like alien creatures that home in on our thoughts. An exorcism might work. Other than that ~ you're screwed until she gets tired of the chase. Could be a day, could be months.
 Serenity73157
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/19/2006 2:22:23 PM
Change your email address, phone number anything else she has. Have you told her you don't have any feelings for her anymore? If not DO IT. I'm sure that will make her see the big picture.
 noukky
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/19/2006 3:45:07 PM
Wow !! i never thought i'd read this...A woman stalking a man??? Just turn around and slap her silly...Oh no don't do that ,you;ll end up in prison for attacking her...Women can be very stupid at times...My lawyer told me this a long time ago about my ex harassing me : Just ignore him!!!!!! It worked!!! I can't believe people come back after a break up realizing they made a mistake..You did it once sweerheart...She'll do it again in the future make no mistake.......
 geriberry
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/19/2006 4:06:10 PM
Tell her you have no feelings for her and dont want to get back with her, then block her number on your phone or dont respond in anyway to her, get an answerphone for the landline or disconnect it out of the wall, or turn both phone off for a week or so only turning them back on to make a call, she will soon leave you alone
 kidshelleen51
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/19/2006 4:22:03 PM
Ok here is my story, my fiance left me on august 17th ...............................
I had lost feelings for her like a few weeks after the break up,

You're a man that loves deep and hard.

Maybe I should say short and often?

You were engaged to her and yet it only took a few weeks to get over here? You are a man of tremendous passion and feelings. Please do all humanity a great favor and don't get engaged again until you understand the meaning of love.

Oh wait I get it now, you are one of those guys that fall in love with every girl they meet. Want to buy some engagement rings cheap? I'll get you a quantity discount.

I mean I still have her 100+ love letters and what not. We started dating in december last year, she fell hard and fast.

C'mon, he is irresistable. WOMEN WANT FUN2IME
 fun2ime
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/19/2006 4:58:42 PM
So by your logic kidshelleen51, I should be feeling sorry for myself for longer? I believe I explained why I can get over somebody that fast. Believe me if you grew up the way I did, you would get used to girls disappointing you.
 classact504
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/19/2006 5:07:16 PM
I was once a crazy ex gf that wouldn't give up. I lost all pride and begged pleaded and cried for months. Finally I woke up one day and reallzied it was not him I wanted but what I thougth we had together.

Guess what....when I quit calling and emailing he suddenly decided he wanted me back.

It's a little to late I'm a little too gone as Toby says
 ssfriend
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:01:41 PM
here is a question for everyone... i started dating a guy in july 2004 he moved in with me at the end of august that same year. then we got married july 2005. we had alot of problems but iam too nice of a person i guess cause i just stayed. well kinda. i did leave him several times after we were married and we seperated a couple of times before we got married. so anyways.. i left him for the last time on april 17 2006 9 months after we got married. i told him i wanted a divorce. things had gotten really bad in our marriage and even to a point abusive. he never hit me but he had put his hands around my neck several times and pushed me and broke 2 of my cell phones out of anger when i wanted to leave him. there is more to this story but it would take me all day to type it.. so.... a long story short. we got a divorce it was final in september. he is now engaged and so am i to a great older guy by the way im 31 now my ex is 28 and my new one is 40. so what i want to know is... why do i think about my ex all the time and sometimes i even have to stop my self from wnated to call him to see if maybe we hook up... all this is crazy.. did i just move on too fast and didnt give myself time to get over this??? im scared i will end up messing up the relationship that iam in now because of the feeling i still have for my ex... i need help here...
 ssfriend
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:02:14 PM
here is a question for everyone... i started dating a guy in july 2004 he moved in with me at the end of august that same year. then we got married july 2005. we had alot of problems but iam too nice of a person i guess cause i just stayed. well kinda. i did leave him several times after we were married and we seperated a couple of times before we got married. so anyways.. i left him for the last time on april 17 2006 9 months after we got married. i told him i wanted a divorce. things had gotten really bad in our marriage and even to a point abusive. he never hit me but he had put his hands around my neck several times and pushed me and broke 2 of my cell phones out of anger when i wanted to leave him. there is more to this story but it would take me all day to type it.. so.... a long story short. we got a divorce it was final in september. he is now engaged and so am i to a great older guy by the way im 31 now my ex is 28 and my new one is 40. so what i want to know is... why do i think about my ex all the time and sometimes i even have to stop my self from wnated to call him to see if maybe we hook up... all this is crazy.. did i just move on too fast and didnt give myself time to get over this??? im scared i will end up messing up the relationship that iam in now because of the feeling i still have for my ex... i need help here... and i am a female...
 ssfriend
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:03:29 PM
here is a question for everyone... i started dating a guy in july 2004 he moved in with me at the end of august that same year. then we got married july 2005. we had alot of problems but iam too nice of a person i guess cause i just stayed. well kinda. i did leave him several times after we were married and we seperated a couple of times before we got married. so anyways.. i left him for the last time on april 17 2006 9 months after we got married. i told him i wanted a divorce. things had gotten really bad in our marriage and even to a point abusive. he never hit me but he had put his hands around my neck several times and pushed me and broke 2 of my cell phones out of anger when i wanted to leave him. there is more to this story but it would take me all day to type it.. so.... a long story short. we got a divorce it was final in september. he is now engaged and so am i to a great older guy by the way im 31 now my ex is 28 and my new one is 40. so what i want to know is... why do i think about my ex all the time and sometimes i even have to stop my self from wnated to call him to see if maybe we hook up... all this is crazy.. did i just move on too fast and didnt give myself time to get over this??? im scared i will end up messing up the relationship that iam in now because of the feeling i still have for my ex... i need help here... and i am a female.just in case anyone was wondering..
 classact504
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:03:35 PM
ssfriend you need to break your engagement. it is not fair to the new fellow.
 kidshelleen51
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/19/2006 7:32:24 PM

So by your logic kidshelleen51, I should be feeling sorry for myself for longer

No, don't feel sorry for yourself, not for a minute. It's just that in reading your post I thought it was written by a 19 yr old not someone 29. It sounds like puppy love. If I'm engaged to a women it's more like this:
You came to me like the dawn through the night Just shinin' like the sun
Out of my dreams and into my life You are the one, you are the one
Said I loved you but I lied, Cause this is more than love I feel inside
Said I loved you but I was wrong, Cause love could never ever feel so strong

I'm not getting over that in a couple weeks. Then you say you never actually proposed it just kind of came to pass that you were engaged. Man, you're 29, what are you thinking? I don't want to rag on you and it sucks if she was cheating, hurts too. But I don't think you have a good handle on what love is in the first place because I don't think that either one of you were in love, maybe infatuation.

You've got to set boundaries for yourself and others. And better understand commitment so you'll recognize it better when you find someone committed to you. And don't be saying the L word until you really mean it.

You may need to explain to this girl that any chance the two of you had together was ruined. She needs to learn from it and move on and so do you. I wish you well my friend.
 your_dreamboat
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/19/2006 10:07:33 PM
Have you ever seen how they get rid of people in the movie "Fargo"? There is your answer.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Crazy ex girlfriend that won't leave me alone