Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can a man tell when a woman has just had sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Savanna1
Msg: 1
Can a man tell when a woman has just had sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just wondering.............

I've noticed that after I have been "amourous" (especially in the mornings!!) the number of men who stare, stop me, make a comment or try to chat me up soars!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have a male colleague - in fact many male colleagues who would always wink or smile or say "somebody got it this morning" - whenever I had had sex before work.... and they were NEVER wrong!! LOL

Why is this? How is this?

Men can you tell when a woman has just had sex? Is it the way she looks?... smells?...smiles? ;o)

Thanks Guys for your comments xx
 ChristianRider
Msg: 2
Yeah,
Posted: 2/20/2007 12:15:05 AM
I can usually smell it. Don't get me wrong I won't talk to you in less I think your cute, but if indeed I do think your cute and I can smell it - then I'm that much more likely to talk to you. The guys in general who comment do so because they think/know you put out.

It could also be a pheromone thing, some of us can smell that too, even if we don't realize it.

I know, I know - guys are dogs. Don't get me wrong not all guys think this way, and I don't believe in sex before marriage.

You might want to take a shower and change your clothes before going to the office.
 Savanna1
Msg: 3
Yeah,
Posted: 2/20/2007 12:28:50 AM
Thanks lol

I wasnt talking about moments later... or going out without showering... I meant generally, throughout the day...after a beautiful shower and dry cleaned clothes... deodorant.. perfume...lol

Hours later... men tooting car horns as they drive past... builders whistling and stuff like that... men at tube stations and taxis, men walking past you in the street staring and trying to make eye contact more than usual or saying something complimentaryas they pass... through the whole day - when you've made love that particular morning...it's usually more frequent.. well - thats my observation...

But thanks for you comments - they made me laugh...and pheromones..yeah! I think you're on to something there!
 fantasm
Msg: 4
Can a man tell when a woman has just had sex?
Posted: 2/20/2007 12:31:40 AM
Yes, many men can tell...

It's the scent of it... We can smell the odours, the fluids...
And as the other poster says it's also the pheromones I'm sure...

BTW a shower and change of clothes doesn't hide it... It takes abouyt 20-24 hours to fade...
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/20/2007 2:14:34 AM

Men can you tell when a woman has just had sex?

Sure they can! I do it all the time. Whenever I have sex with a woman I tell anyone who cares to listen to the story.
 smith2267
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/20/2007 3:56:17 AM
Hmm, I wonder if the same thing happens after a woman masturbates.
 paddle my own canoe
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2007 4:18:31 AM
Yes. If they are grumpy and look at every guy that walks by and send you and 29 over guys email every day. They have't been laid for a while.
If they send you polite email it means they are leaving their options open, because they have met someone, but haven't got it yet.
 Cmot_Dribbler
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 4:32:15 AM
It can be more than just pheremones too.
When some girls have sex, they have an almost aura about them, it's in the way they move, their eyes, can even be there speech.
Like with your coworkers, after getting to know someone you can pick up signs in their behavior that just let you know.
And it's probably not just men, women probably notice too, but are not as attracted to the thought of sexually active women as men are.
 Eric48
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/20/2007 4:36:00 AM
Savanna1;

I'd say any factors beyond coincidental about guys knowing that you'd had sex recently, stem purely from visual clues and subtle signals your giving off.

Such as, a certain air of confidence, smile, radiant glow, manner of dress and adornment ... as well as any body language you might be transmitting through the way you sashay or "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" hip-swagger.

Pheromones do indeed exist in the plant and animal world, and there has been much scientific research done in the field of human pheromones. However they have yet to develop a control study that offers definitive proof that a human male can detect the current physiological state of a female.

And since most of the men you referred to in your example were too far away to have picked up on any left over or stray pheromones ... I think it's unlikely.

Females on the other hand, (and perhaps the best proof as to the existence of human pheromones) in a closed office environment for example, will begin to modulate and eventually synchronization their menstrual cycle.

colt8301
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/20/2007 4:37:19 AM
maybe, only if she is like flustered and overly happy. It's kind of tough in some instances. Normally though it's someone who is just too chipper. I don't know about smell though, normally looks and the way she carries herself.
 windrunner001
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/20/2007 5:57:50 AM
myself I can ussaly read the arua,however just took a pyhc class where they claimed a man could smell the difference between other women and their wife ,so what's another sniff .No volenteers in class though.Best clue is the bra on the outside of the dress! LOL
 SaucyM
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:19:00 AM
I remember a long time ago, after going with out 'it' for a few months.... when I finally did, I was at work talking to one of my friends when a male colleague keep looking at me and smiling 'knowingly'...I asked him what he was smiling about about. He said...'you got that glow that dont come in bottles'...I had to laugh.

The same way I find that when I'm on my monthly cycle...men hit on me even more my girlfriends say the same thing too...strange!

BTW guys...what does it smell like??

I guess, our bodies glow, our walk is different and may be we smile more...I sure hope it doesnt smell
 moon_fish
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:31:15 AM
I can smell it too. Must be something we men do by instinct to know when the female is accepting sex or something like that, but yea I can smell it too
 Strawberritart
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:35:47 AM
What does it actually smell like?
 Tw33kz0r
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:50:43 AM
maybe the smile that goes from ear to ear makes you seem more friendly :P it might not be that they can tell that you've had sex, but your mood would be great, and people gravitate to happy people, hoping to share in the good mood. it might be as simple as that
 no_1_bby
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:00:55 AM
I have referred to this as the *JFF* look.. there is a glow, an aura, a subtle scent... not to mention that face splitting grin!! Hehehe..
 Nightwing66
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:05:54 AM

Such as, a certain air of confidence, smile, radiant glow, manner of dress and adornment ... as well as any body language you might be transmitting through the way you sashay or "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" hip-swagger
 sexysamantha78
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:10:50 AM
Can anyone tell me what the smell is like - several people in here have mentioned that people have smell to them- is it a horrid foul smelling acrid smell? or is it like roses???
 Nightwing66
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:19:19 AM
Imagine that first warm-up from a workout, plus 15 minutes @ the beach getting caught in a spring rain shower, then being rolled in cinnamon dust & dried off w/ newborn bunnies.

That's about it...but not quite as yummy.
 Savanna1
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:42:27 AM
magicalaroundhere - v funny! LOL x
 valencia~
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:46:50 AM
If the sex includes getting hickeys all over your neck, then I'm sure everyone can tell.

Be gone
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:50:38 AM
she walks funny! and has a goofy look on her face.
 Butterfly92
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:19:35 AM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY !!!!!! I'm sure he can ...... if you make it obvious ........and I'm very sure he can't ........ if you know and want to be discreet. Some people just want the whole world to know. Tooooooooooooooooooo funny !!!! You gotta love it !!!!!
 smith2267
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:45:10 AM
I still want to know if guys can tell if a woman has recently masturbated.
Is it the recent orgasm itself that is detectable? Or did it have to involve a man?
 all about laughs
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/20/2007 8:57:35 AM
And here I thought it was her hair looking like "Something Like Mary"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can a man tell when a woman has just had sex?