Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > "I love to cuddle." Guys, when you say that, what do you mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BobbinAlong
Msg: 1
"I love to cuddle." Guys, when you say that, what do you mean?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm wondering if maybe "cuddling" means different things to men than it does to women.

Curious as what you guys say you think cuddling means. If you say you "love to cuddle" describe the situation you'd be in, and what you'd be doing. And does it always lead to sex? Or do you use it to try to steer it that way? Or sometimes just enjoy cuddling for the intimacy of touch itself? Would you enjoy cuddling with someone if you knew it definitely would not lead to sex that time?

~Bobbin (who would gold medal in cuddling if it were an Olympic event)
 ubkobalt
Msg: 2
I love to cuddle. Guys, when you say that, what do you mean?
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:16:28 PM
This thread may help.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts6749871.aspx

Cuddling is awesome. Personally, I'm hoping for sex, but she sets the boundries. If she's not interested in that at that time, I'm ok with that, and I'll respect her wishes, and I won't be disappointed at all. Why? Cuddling is awesome too.

Also, UrbanX needs to join this thread.
 CloneAlone
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:22:10 PM
I don't know if I would say I 'love' to cuddle, but I do enjoy it!
Does it always lead to sex, I hope so. Do I use it to steer things toward sex, no. (I'd just come straight out and suggest we get naked). Enjoy it for itself, yes!
Example situation: On the couch watching a movie. I'm sitting, she lays down, her feet end up in my lap. Without thinking, I'm rubbing her feet/ankles/calves. Pretty soon she starts to wiggle around and I come out of my movie coma to ask if she is okay. Yes she replies, you were tickling my feet!! oops. So she turns around and puts her head in my lap. Back in the tv coma now that she has settled down, I'm subconsciously running my hand up and down her arm, finally finding her hair which I'm stroking. Running my fingers through her hair, teasing it out, twirling it around with . . . . . . . .crap, I think I just tied her hair around my finger. Umm, sweetie. . . . . . . .

Oh yeah, cuddling good!

Clone
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:59:20 PM
one of my best friends is a woman, very beautiful as well. we have never had sex, though we have discussed it on occassion. when we are both single, we do many things together, and that includes cuddling. we both have a need for that close physical contact, and it never has led to sex. we have even slept together, but no sex, we are friends. so yes it can happen. now if i am cuddling a S/O, then i would probably try to steer it to sex, but all she needs to say is "not tonight" and then it will just be that cuddling for contact thing again. i crave contact, i used to love when my big lab would sleep on the couch next to me with her head in my lap...same thing, IMO
 good_kind
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:04:17 PM
When I say I love to cudfdle it has nothing to do with sex. To me it's more about the closeness. If it leads to sex then that is just a bonus, but I don't think or hope that it will get to that.

Guy
 lane splitter
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:07:41 PM
If I ever said that, it means I fell and am suffering from a head injury, thinking I am a small boy in my state of confusion. I'll be glad to hold you, but cuddling is what girls do to puppies and teddy bears, mothers do to children, and Mr. Jackson does to other people's kids.
 BIrvine
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:26:54 PM
Cuddling is great! If I say I want to cuddle then I want to cuddle. Some guys I'm sure hopes it leads to more, but the closeness of two people is also really great.
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:38:03 PM
Oh. I love a good cuddle. Just watching them rub titties together and feeling each other all over, maybe kissing a little bit....ohhhhhhh! Makes all three of them more comfortable when they climb into the sack with me.
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:38:29 PM
one is enough.... well sometimes.
 Shyandsweetguy
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:44:12 PM
To me I have no problem cuddleing . In fact if all that she wanted was to cuddle and do nothing more then that I would have no problem I would just enjoy the fact that she wanted to be close to me. Hell I have spent time with girls just cuddling and nothing more and found the night to be amazing just by sharing something close and intimite (sp?) with her.
 arri
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:56:37 PM
Cuddling? Men? I have a feeling most would prefer to say "Bend over" ...
 Bhoda
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:07:53 PM
Spending that cuddling time is great. It has more to do with closeness than it does sex. That is personal.
 e-wok
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:29:09 PM
I like it....only when a good movie is on and we have popcorn and
pizza...and tequila. But I don't like it at night when I want to sleep....I need
my arms to flail around in when the bad dreams inevitably come. Seriously, I
need my arms and don't want to wake up in the middle of the night
freaking believing I had a stroke and lost the use of my left arm...or
maybe the circulation was cut long enough to foster gangrene growth.
 Macky42
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:29:23 PM
What about cuddling after sex? I'm up for that.
I would cuddle if there was a good movie on and food available.
 Nick87
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:25:29 AM
i personally enjoy cuddling. Most men would agree if it leads to sex great! But if not thats cool too. i just like to show affection, & cuddling is a great way to do that.
 Smjle
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:36:11 AM
It's a polite way of asking for sex or at least hoping it helps leads to sex. And of course, it provides an opening and makes it less awkward to try and take your clothes off.
 867love
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/11/2007 4:10:35 AM
he may go for it, however a guy is never going to admit this -under penalty of having his ass kicked by all his male friends. if any guy admits to you that he wants to cuddle, please set him straight by kicking him square in the nuts... -E. Cartman
 mimosa
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 5:59:21 AM
I thought Id sneak in here. Yep cuddling means I definitely want sex and I'm sensual means I want a lot of it. I just love original men.
 michaels_girl
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:31:28 AM
Sorry not a guy but I may be able to shed some light on this lol

My bf also likes to cuddle. Sometimes it leads to more, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on the evening I guess. But to answer your question - no cuddling doesnt always have to lead to sex, but it is great when it does
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:43:20 AM
Most guys will tell you that, and it really means "I will say whatever I think you want to hear if it leads to your being naked and horizontal later."

Nos800id
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2007 7:35:02 AM
I sleep better when i'm cuddled up with the woman I Love... So for me it doesn't mean I want to get busy it means time to go to sleep.
 uballe
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:15:15 AM
Cuddling doesn't have to lead to sex, but it certainly serves well as foreplay if used as such. Personally, I'm just affectionate and really enjoy hugging, holding, and kissing someone I'm both attracted and comfortable with (if either isn't present, I wont be comfortable enough to). One way or the other though, cuddling is what I'd consider intimacy, regardless of intercourse. This should be reserved for someone that deserves it.
 SPARKYtheTOWNmarshal
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:27:12 AM
I keep on hearing that "cuddling" mean different things to men than it does to women, I don't agree, it depends on each and every person, there are women who cannot cuddle without wanting it lead to to sex, and there are men who cannot cuddle without wanting it lead to to sex...The is way too much generalization of men on these forums...
 belgarion
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/11/2007 9:42:37 AM

When the time comes that I mention this, cause I do, it's simply the fact that I do. No ulteriour motives, okay well sometimes, but generally it's just nice to curl up with someone you care deeply about. It's like when she says to me, ' I need a hug '. If she wanted more I'm sure she would let me know in no uncertain terms. Like when cooking together in the kitchen, she comes up behind me and gives me a hug. Other times she comes up behind me aand I 'm expecting a hug, and she reaches a little lower for a prize!!!!!!!
 SlyKnight
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/11/2007 10:05:51 AM
Cuddling is great. It's enjoyable purely on it's own.

As for leading to sex, well... as a bloke I want just about everything to lead to sex, cuddling or not :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > "I love to cuddle." Guys, when you say that, what do you mean?