Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > If a girl says she's busy...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 amenhotep71
Msg: 1
If a girl says she's busy...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
You've dated a few times, say, and the guy leaves you a message about getting together later in the week...

If a girl responds that she's busy on the day/days in question ...would you want a guy 1.to call again later on, 2.wait for you to call him or make next contact, or 3.call it a day with you?

I think most guys would pack it in...do women expect them to followup?
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 2
If a girl says she's busy...
Posted: 6/26/2007 5:01:57 PM
After a few dates she says she busy on one day? What is the issue? What am I missing? Women have these silly little things called lives too!

Now if she did it like half a dozen times in a row after a few dates, yeah...that's a clue.

If she did it twice while trying to set up a first meet, sure move on.

However, because she can't see you on one day?

Our own galaxy isn't even the center of the universe, therefore logic dictates that obviously you are not either...

Cheers!
 no_1_bby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 5:19:07 PM
Onesimpleneed.. omg you're f*ckin' brilliant!!

Our own galaxy isn't even the center of the universe, therefore logic dictates that obviously you are not either...

I have rescheduled a date with my girlfriend (someone I've known for 25 yrs I might add) about 6 times now in the last 2 or 3 mo. Sh*t happens. If a guy I had gone out with a few times (let's say 4 for arguements sake) called me to set up a date for later that week and I wasn't available, presumably he would know a bit about how insanely chaotic my life is and would understand that I might not be available everytime he wanted to go out. If I couldn't make that night he was suggesting, I would offer an alternative date, and we'd keep discussing it until it was resolved. Certainly not worth him giving up on.

If it was a first date I would do the same thing, and if it didn't work out, then it didn't work out.
 velvetkitten
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/26/2007 5:27:25 PM
I would say if her message was that short... not including days she is avalible... she could be avoiding or is moody for some reason. But if she really likes you... she should include info in the message about dates that she has free.
 Capitolcurves
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/26/2007 5:27:55 PM
I, speaking for myself personally, would want the guy to call back later on. Or then again maybe I should say, that I would make the next contact if I was the one who was not available.

The thing is, it is not necessarily a "hint" unless the person has given you the same excuses repeatedly. I would not give up, give it another shot and see what happens, she could have had legitimate plans that she could not or did not want to change, does not mean she doesn't want to meet with you.
 braindrain22
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/26/2007 6:54:22 PM
When people are interested they always give you the "I'm busy but we could do something after that"... If you didn't get that line then you're toast. Keep looking and if she calls then fine, but move on.

I love the "centre of the universe" line though.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:03:40 PM
Well technically if she calls you and leaves a message to say she's busy, it's your turn to call. If a guy called me and left a message and I call him back and leave a message for him the ball is now in his court and chances are I probably wouldn't call him again unless he missed me again and left a message. If you really like the girl, call her back. Don't suggest a particular day for a date on the phone but get her to call you or talk to you on msn so you can arrange a day where you're both free to hang out. It's a lot easier to do that when you're both on the phone rather than leaving messages saying 'are you free on this day? call me' so she calls you and says 'no, what about this day, call me' and you're going back and forth, back and forth for days. Women do have lives of their own and just because they're busy on the one day you suggest, doesn't mean she's not interested.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:08:01 PM
If someone's interested then communicating for something as simple as setting up a time to meet up is easy. You're sweating the small stuff. People find a way and the means to do what they really want to do.
 CallmeJewels
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:23:17 PM
I would suggest an alternate date...but know that probably is not the norm.

Ask her out again...only way you will know the answer to your question.
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/26/2007 7:26:11 PM
Busy once or twice might actually mean she has a very active life.
Busy more than twice in a short period of time means not interested.

Harsh? Maybe. But it's reality.
 RocklanderInFL
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:13:20 PM

When people are interested they always give you the "I'm busy but we could do something after that"... If you didn't get that line then you're toast. Keep looking and if she calls then fine, but move on.

I was just about to post that. If a woman gives you a counter offer, that's good. If she doesn't add anything after "I'll be busy all day," then just chalk it up that she lost interest.
 Winebuddy
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:25:37 PM
you need to work smarter next time, meaning, ask her, would you like me to call you later? or would you like to give me a call when your free. That will take your guess work out of it.
 wdiwtbt
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:29:31 PM
Ask her again. I know I'm really buy and travel a lot. I have noticed if I tell a guy I am busy a certian night, that seems to be it... which I don't understand. I make it really clear that I have a busy lifestyle, I mean if I called someone and they said they were busy I would be ok with it.

Just because they can't meet you one or twice doesn't mean anything... but more than that... yeah move on.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 8:39:17 PM
Bottom line is, it's about mutual interest. Who calls first, doesn't how says what...doesn't really mean anything. If there's mutual interest it will be expressed, if it's not it's not there.
Keep in mind, it's only a few dates. Either or both of you may still be talking to or meeting others. Nothing wrong with that.
Thing is when you do find someone where the interest is mutual, the other contacts...just taper off.
I manage a ton of info on my job and do it well. When it comes to men/romance and someone I'm interested in....well beyond juggling maybe a first meet...I can't do it.
My interest, personally tends to be focused, but that's just me. I can't be interested, really interested and be replying to emails or doing the first meet type thing with more than one. If the interest isn't established and mutual, then I'll juggle the contacts, emails, phone calls...but rather not..it does get exhausting.
Thankfully, I'm permanently off the market!
 dutchpirate
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 9:17:02 PM
Ask her if it's possible to work out or set a date that she knows she's free so that both your priorities are already set to each other that day. If she shys away from that idea, she's probably not interested.
 windjile
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/26/2007 9:25:09 PM
If it's 1 day then just call her again some other time. You don't want to seem clingy/needy. If it's day after day, let it go, move on with your life.
 diamond72
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:01:10 PM
If she is this busy, you need to call her when she her planner in front of her. I am typically busy- I like to look forward to events. If she can't find her planner- she is not interested.
 Hottypatotty
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/27/2007 1:03:52 AM
Sorry to be the one to tell you this but when anyone says they are busy and don't have time to call you means " they are not into you at all "
If they can't give you a quick call just to let you know that they really want to talk to you but they haven't had time and can't wait to tell you about their hectic schedule then it's most likely because your not on their mind.

anyone I am interested would not have to wait very long for a reply, that's for sure
 This Journey
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2007 4:40:21 AM
...it means whatever she is doing you are not included ...and, if she is always busy ...then you should realize that an invitation will never be yours
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/27/2007 5:31:01 AM

a girl responds that she's busy on the day/days in question

Too busy for you sunshine, but not for the new hunky guy she just met
 opgirl
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/27/2007 5:59:21 AM
Maybe you should just look at it as she's busy??? I know I can't and don't drop plans with others for a last minute date. Try calling again, but actually talk to her, and see if you can find a day together that you are both free.
 bailame
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:09:02 AM

You've dated a few times, say, and the guy leaves you a message about getting together later in the week...

Honey, you are one lucky fellow. I can't even get one date with a man on this site. Feel lucky and blessed you at least get to go out with a lady even a few times. I'd switch situations with you in a heartbeat.
 amenhotep71
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:41:04 AM

Too busy for you sunshine, but not for the new hunky guy she just met

That cuts deep man, but probably true.

Though I'm going to delude myself into thinking she's legitimately busy and try her toward the end of the week... she should have only been l**d like once or twice by then and hopefully still remember me...right?
 Dobie girl
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:52:14 AM
The best thing to do is to ask, but she may not tell the truth. If I were you, I would ask twice, if she refuses the second time, tell her to call you when she's not busy , then write her off. If she's REALLY interested she will find the time for you.
 hadenough74
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2007 8:00:44 AM
It doesn't necessarily mean that she's blowing you off or not interested. I happen to work 70+ hours a week for ten months of the year and it's difficult to set up personal time when you have major commitments to deal with. It does not mean that I don't have time to devote to someone it just means that setting up a 'date' where I can actually go out looking presentable is difficult. Only the man I want to spend the rest of my life with is going to be able to get me to slow down. Until I know you're him I'm not going to sacrifice my job.

I've come across a lot of men who feel I shouldn't have a life of my own, or that I should jump to their tune. "Meet me on this day, or I'm not interested." What the heck is that rubbish? If you're not willing to do the legwork to meet the girl of your dreams then why bother putting yourself out there?

The right girl isn't going to fall at your feet. It's a matter of working on it until you can get to that place. If the girl is worth the effort, make it and keep contact until you can come to a mutual agreement on when you can get together. If she isn't then call it quits and move on.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > If a girl says she's busy...