Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ross PK
Msg: 1
Are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was wondering, are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?

If so do they not care if they don't find the man attractive? Or do they find nearly any man attractive?

Thanks.
 rjpeagles
Msg: 2
Are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?
Posted: 9/8/2007 1:49:49 PM
I think there already is a term or two for a woman or man who will have sex with just about anybody.

Nymphomaniacs, in laymen terms, have an insatiable sex drive. You can be monogamous and have an insatiable sex drive. Ever notice the guy at work who's always dragging but still has a smile on his face? He's married to a nymphomaniac.
 lttaa
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/8/2007 1:56:28 PM
I would never have sex with a man!
 Lick it Up
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:02:40 PM
I was wondering, are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?

Well, that would be impossible, seeing that nymphomaniacs don't like having sex with men, nymphomaniacs have uncontrollable sexual desire for women...what you are seeking is a woman whom has Satyriasis, which is an uncontrollable sexual desire for men. Unless of course if they also have Satyriasis...then I guess they could...but, plain nymphomaniacs do not fancy men.

Leeanne
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:26:17 PM
^^^^^WHAT?!?!?! I hope that's a joke!!!
A nymphomaniac is - a woman with an 'abnormally excessive and uncontrollable sexual desire'! It does NOT mean she hates sex with men!!! Geeze!! If anything she would desire men more than an average woman!!! Monogomy is certainly a part of their life! A highly intuned sex drive does not mean someone has no morals!!!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 2:43:47 PM
Nymphomania is a mental illness

but if you like lunachics...go for it. Of course you might actually have to visit a psych ward to find any...hey, you could take advantage of the schizophrenics too!

sheesh
 Lick it Up
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/8/2007 5:17:59 PM
WHAT?!?!?! I hope that's a joke!!!

Hey man, that's what the dictionary said....I don't cross horns with the damn dictionary...I thought it was hinky...but....it's the dictionary...I'm not gonna argue with it...

EDIT: deffinition of Nymphomania: Abnormal, Uncontrollable sexual desire in a female.

Now, said that way...it makes it sound like it's a person who has sexual desires in females...

Now, if they are trying to say that it's a female who has strong sexual desires....

why don't they just say...

A female who has Abnormal, Uncontrollable sexual desire...

The way that it is said in the dictionary...sounds as though it is refering to a person, male or female who has a desire in a female....so....and it is nymphomania...which is clearly a condition and cannot be a person....so....you make the call.

no_1_bby
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 5:36:20 PM
According to Dictionary.com:

nym·pho·ma·ni·a (nmf-mn-, -mny)
n.

A disorder in which a woman exhibits extreme or obsessive desire for sexual stimulation or gratification.

While the definition says extreme or obsessive desire for sexual gratification, that does not mean she will indescriminately sleep around with anyone/everything that comes across her path. Someone with a sexual addiction does not care with whom, when, or where.. and probably a few other things.
 Lick it Up
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/8/2007 5:40:36 PM
A disorder in which a woman exhibits extreme or obsessive desire for sexual stimulation or gratification.

And the actual hard bound edition of 'the dictionary' couldn't say that because...why?

EDIT: Rhetorical question! Don't Answer.

christi66
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 7:37:30 PM
nym·pho·ma·ni·a (nmf-mn-, -mny)
n.

1: Main Entry: nym·pho·ma·nia
Pronunciation: "nim(p)-f&-'mA-nE-&, -ny&
Function: noun
: excessive sexual desire by a female

nym·pho·ma·ni·a (nĭm'fə-mā'nē-ə, -mān'yə) Pronunciation Key
n. Excessive sexual desire in and behavior by a female

However you look it up it boils down to excessive behavior of wanting sex , in in the 1900's many books where written about older men dying because of their young wives they took and could not handle because of the extreme behavior of their young wives wanting excessive sex and where called nymphomaniacs . But back then they also .. ( you are going to die if you have never read up on sexuality of the 1900's ) women where sent off to the doctor for therapy and diff devices where used upon the women to relive this pressure and YES it was dildos and vibrators !
 ~Hydro~
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/8/2007 7:47:45 PM
Ha ha...this is a funny thread.

Yes OP a nymphomaniac just may even have sex with you believe it or not!

Double Cabin
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:22:03 PM
I'm pretty sure a nympho would be a bit put off at the prospect of jugglin' jollies with Taliban or Muhajadeen...unless they also get off on cofinement.

Camera Guy, very funny.
 hardlybarbie
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:23:38 PM
I have come to believe that nymphomania appears in the lives of MANY women between the ages of 30 and 40ish.....and can be treated with a good dose of a monogomous(sp) relationship....hence why we are here....looking..:)..or a very good vibrator.

a lil nonsence kaka by,.ME
 ~curlygirl~
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:32:25 PM
sorry to burst your bubble, Lick it Up, but everyone else got their definitions right regarding nymphomania. satyriasis is the male equivalent, a.k.a. the average, living, breathing, red-blooded male. lol ; )
 *champrins*
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:45:08 PM
You can be pretty sure those who argue over dictionary definitions AREN'T nymphos? I'd be scared they wanted to straighten the pillows and iron the bedpread while I wanted to let go and enjoy good sex..

To address the opening post. I have a high sex drive. I enjoy GOOD sex, as opposed to poke it in and hope for the best. I prefer sex 3-4 times per day. BUT......

I know what good sex is and some guy just trying to 'get there' is a total complete TURN OFF.

What some people term as nympho can be seen as a slut who will hump with anyone any time and just go for it. A b*tch on heat type woman.

The reality is, those women long term might NOT prefer sex often. They often use it as a commodity to swap for something else they want/need.

For people who enjoy GOOD sex and often, its a little like enjoying choc brownies. You KNOW which ones are the good ones, so there is no way you will settle for a peanut butter sandwich or a no brand brownie. I think it makes me more selective, not less. And I dont have to go there to prove anything to anyone or myself. But with the right person who turns me on and vice versa, why the heck would you ration it?

If its on rations....my guess is...its not that great. In that case I would have to admit there is no connection with this person. In which case I wouldnt be there in the first place anyway?

For me its all or nothing. And both are ok.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:59:29 PM
Not from what I've seen, Ross. They stick to a type of man. But almost any man in that type will do.

If so do they not care if they don't find the man attractive? Or do they find nearly any man attractive?
Attraction can be relative. Some men find only thin women attractive. Some men find only BBW women attractive. So it is with women, an nymphomaniacs.

If you're looking for a nymphomaniac, your best bet is one that has dated men like yourself. Mind you, that's equally true of most women, in my honest opinion.
 skyjumpinghoney
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/8/2007 9:11:59 PM
no. some of us like having a whole of sex with the same guy.
 yetishadow
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/8/2007 10:09:35 PM
In short, the answer is yes.

Insomuch as this is an outrageous aberration of the brain’s ability to process information corresponding to sexual attraction that is fueled by a compulsion fixation. Rather, than the ill subject having responded to genuine or reasonable stimulus that drives her behavior.

In effect, it is an emotionally driven desire to have sex whenever an opportunity can be created without the ability to restrain from capitulating to fulfillment of the impulse.
 mgkkain
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2007 10:42:41 PM
Actualy if you read it the way it's read it states nymphomania is a high sex drive in a woman, Hence women that have a very high sex drive they can me gay straight or bi, even though they probaly in most cases at least a little bi sexual. I don't see why someone with a high sex drive would be considered sick it's not there fault there body craves it more then other people as far as the first question I would have to assume that the women in most cases would at least have to find the man semi attractive even though I am sure they might be more willing to settle then say someone that has a normal appetite for sex.
 skyjumpinghoney
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:08:54 PM
are we talking about nymphos or whores, guys...there are women who love sex and a lot of it with just one person. whores sleep with everyone and everything. nymphomania is not a disorder or sickness unless you're one of the ones not getting any or just no good at it.
 interorl7
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/8/2007 11:54:56 PM
Amazing how people take one thing and make it something else, lol.

It is no wonder the confusion, if a woman will have sex with any man, she might be a nymphomaniac or not, but just because a woman is a 'nymphomaniac' you CAN NOT assume that she will have sex with any man, lmao... now for a true story...

the guy at work who's always dragging but still has a smile on his face? He's married to a nymphomaniac

I was at a party, all the ladies where in the kitchen, all the guys were out by the pool. The host of the party was 'dog' tired, he said, "you don't understand, she wants it all the time, I am beat, I can't keep up" To a guy, the rest of us would have traded places with him in a heart beat and could not imagine being so lucky as to have her for a partner. As far as we or our girlfriends/wives knew she was not sleeping with anyone else, but still by definition a nympho.

That party was before college, in my first couple of years of college, had a girlfriend, for a year and a half, she woke me up every morning with me either inside of her or giving me head. (She had this ‘game’ she played to see if she could get me to cum without waking up, needless to say I woke with a smile on my face every day and I think we both won that game!) Even when I had a low grade fever (as long as I was not too sick) we would have sex a minimum of three times a day, and that was with at least two or three ejaculations each session, probably why I never worried about 'coming' too soon as I knew the second or third time I was probably not going to cum anyway. That continued for a year and a half and I never felt like it was 'too' much just seemed natural to both of us and we both loved it. Some might consider us both nymphomaniacs, and if so we were only with each other, so I guess some nymphomaniacs (in my experience) are interested in monogamy.

Being older, I still have the same sex drive (was thinking that it would ‘slow’ down, but glad that it has not) and never get tired of it, but have noticed the the sessions are allot more passionate and honestly feel the energy with a dedicated partner...nothing better than that. Sometimes once is enough, sometimes 3 - 4 times, the decision point is basically if she and/or I have had enough for that session...

If that makes me a nympho, so be it, but based on my experience I am right up there with the women my age and over 35, so guess we are all nymphos....
 sorrry
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:21:19 AM
Hydro-guy...LOL!!!

Lick it Up...
Sorry Bro...LMFAO!!!

Ya gotta love your comeback in defense to what you posted about nympho's wanting to have sex with WOMEN when you copied and pasted this:
"EDIT: deffinition of Nymphomania: Abnormal, Uncontrollable sexual desire in a female."

Now, read that AGAIN...
Abnormal, Uncontrollable sexual desire in a female.
NOT WITH A FEMALE...
OMFG!!!

This is so simple folks:
A Nympho is a woman who CAN NOT control her desire to screw! It is a sickness...
In lay mans terms a female sex addict.

LOL, Lay man...I just got that and I wrote it. LOL!!

Yorkie_Rich
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/9/2007 12:48:37 AM
Me thinks the OP has got mixed up between a whore & a nymphomaniac.

Yes a nymphomaniac obviously loves lots of sex , but it dosen't mean she will sleep with anyone to get it.
 Spence56
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/9/2007 3:30:35 AM
Huh...I was wondering if nymphomaniacs were interested in getting off with almost any THING...??? (Looks like somebody got a new dictionary for Christmas and is having trouble reading and understanding it!!)
 WarmthNpassion
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2007 4:36:35 AM
Well, first off finding a true nymphomaniac is very rare. There are many women that really, really, really love sex but they are not nymphomaniacs. To me, when a woman needs to have over 4 hours of intercourse a day, that’s a nymphomaniac. They still enjoy oral sex but need very long sessions of intercourse. I have dated a lot and only found a handful that would fit into that category. Of the ones I know, they would not be with just anyone. The guy still has to have something that the lady finds exciting and attractive. Pleasing one of these “man-eaters” is not an easy task so they have a tendency to keep looking for that one man that can do it all for them. They still have that little girl inside that wants that one man that is everything, a sort of “Disneyland” in one package. Gosh, I know one beauty that actually had 6 engagement rings from different men all at the same time. She was in love with falling in love. (No, one of them was not my ring.) My advice is that you avoid them unless you are okay with sharing them with other men or plan to install a hydraulic erection system.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are nymphomaniacs interested in having sex with almost any man?