Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you call immigration If you have broken up with your Loved one      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drewefx
Msg: 1
Would you call immigration If you have broken up with your Loved one and they are illegally in CanadPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I read this in the paper where these guys get them selves a Canadian girl and live in and then either 1 Get their papers and then separate or 2 Havent gotten their papers separate and the girls call immigration on them and they are up for deportation. Truly i think its just nonsense for someone to call Immigration while its all broken relationships. What you guys think?
 carolann0308
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Would you call immigration If you have broken up with your Loved one and they are illegally in Canad
Posted: 12/19/2007 4:51:13 PM
EVERYONE wants to be Canadian!!!! Definately drop a dime.
People pull this crap in every country. What's the point in calling? Because you were gullible enough to get someone a green card.
 merkitty
Msg: 3
Would you call immigration If you have broken up with your Loved one and they are illegally in Canad
Posted: 12/19/2007 4:54:57 PM
I think it doesn't matter, as long as the person is leaving you alone. If they are being a threat, then yes I would try to deport them.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:02:16 PM
~OP~ Karma my friend. What you reap, shall return. I think I'd leave it alone and get on with my life. Then again, I'm not a fan of Karma biting my azz down the road.....I prefer knowing my position to live and let live allows me certain safety from drama later. Do what you feel is appropriate. Personally, I couldn't care about someone one day and turn around and purposely screw with their life the next. But that's just me.
 english lass
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:07:54 PM
i guess it depends on why.. although it shouldn't, i mean legal is legal.. would she have called the cops on them if they were pimps/drug distributors/shoplifters/other kind of criminals.. they're all against the law, right? just like being an illegal alien.. (and shouldn't her being a party to their illegal activities somehow make her an accessory of something? - just throwing that out there..)

however, even tho' not legally correct.. if she was just doing it to spite them.. if they had family here and were employed and were trying to get the paperwork together to become a legal immigrant...thennnnnnn, i dunno.. lol, like my decisive answers?

.. all i can say is, that if i'd gone along with them being illegal immigrants before when i was dating them, then spite is a pretty poor reason for turning someone in...preferably it would be because she felt it was wrong for someone to do something illegal, but it doesn't sound like it in this case...

if it were me, i'd leave it alone i think
 TheReason_
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:08:34 PM
There's enough women in Canada, possibly MILLIONS, why bother importing one. And if you do, why would you do it illegally, and then if you did that, why would you turn her in all of a sudden because you break up.

Sour grapes, and pretty freakin petty if you ask me.

clorin
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 6:37:16 PM
Girls are not the only one that does this. Guys do it too. I know of one guy that did this to a girl in canada... after he beat the living crap out of her. she is getting the guy convicted. Yes... he is on POF.
 timeforacoolchange
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/19/2007 6:43:24 PM
Were they illegal because of the break up? Not sure how the laws are applied but if they are/were illegally in the country in the first place that demonstrates a disregard for the law, would you want to be involved with someone like that? Let your conscience be your guide as to pulling the trigger...
 dashriprock223
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/19/2007 9:00:37 PM
So when were you thinking of moving to Canada???
 RedCassandra
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 10:29:23 PM
When you return home from snitching you could also go and toilet-paper her house and scratch her car... boil a bunny or leave a horse head in her bed...

Dude, are you serious???

Herding Cats
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/19/2007 10:35:20 PM

I read this in the paper where these guys get them selves a Canadian girl and live in and then either 1 Get their papers and then separate

In this first case it doesn't usually matter to immigration whether the ex reports them or not. If he/she sponsored the person to come to Canada, he/she is financially responsible for them for a certain period of time. To my knowledge this includes paying back Social Service benefits if they split up and the ex goes on welfare (public assistance).

Careful who ya bring home, eh?
 Luv Karla
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:27:01 PM
No,I would never do such a thing.

Once I am no longer with a partner,I couldn't give a rat's as­s what they do with their life.lol
 as~is
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:44:43 PM
crappy to do it just because of the break-up, unless maybe the reason for the break-up was discovering you were being used by the illegal. Important NOT to knowingly date an illegal in the first place. What are your standards with your federal laws. Break the ones you don't agree with, but arbitrarily call in the mounties when someone ticks you off?

If you don't like the law, work to change it, but don't be a part of the breaking of it. Here, if you knowingly house the illegal for any length of time, you'd be facing some hefty charges once you turned the illegal in.
 oldsoul
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/12/2008 2:45:55 PM
If I accepted this person in my life knowing full well that he was here illegally before we broke up, then I certainly wouldn't call immigration on him after the fact.

First of all, that would be pure hypocrisy on my part. And second, I'm not a vengeful person (at all ) nor do I hold grudges or wish harm on people just because we no longer see eye to eye or whatever the case may be.

JMO
 Aurora772
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/12/2008 6:18:11 PM
OP, relationships are complicated enough without getting the immigration folks involved! I steer clear of anyone illegal, especially women that whisper, "Me love you long time!"
 DarLite
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2008 7:20:46 PM
Good for you AURORA........I am proudly Canadian and "Me love you a long time!" just doesnt' cut it when they are just looking for someone to trick into getting their citizenship.

About 10 years ago I was approached by a Chinese co-worker who promised me $10,000 if I would marry his brother so he could gain his citizenship. I said it sounded like $10,000 worth of trouble.
 MOAB4U
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:18:57 PM
I definitely would call immigration. Maybe I have???? I am Canadian , love Canada and will always do what's right for a CANADIAN and CANADA. You are an illegal then you are not doing right by this Canadian or CANADA.

There are people now who have been luckily enough to receive legal status that I wish goverment would boot out of Canada and promptly deport them back to their original country.

Immigration in the last 20 years into CANADA has allowed many people of dubious character and dubious loyalty into our fair country. Many have brought their hatred into Canada and educated their children with the same nefarious mind frame. See the gangs? See the violence? See the terrorists hiding? Exactly.
 dreamer1958
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:40:45 PM
we have the same thing going on here in Aussie, a lot of women from asia chasing Aussie men trying for a back door into the country, people from the African continent and former soviet block also play a role in this regard.

though some of these are very legitimate romances, i always wonder how many are scams
 MOAB4U
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/12/2008 8:45:37 PM
Oz is precious. Perth is the best, love that City man. Loved Swanbourne beach, used to live in Cottlesloe .
 Commonsens
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/4/2008 4:46:18 AM
it all depend on the WHY of the relationship.

If it was a real and genuine relationship, but simply didn't worked out; of course not!

but if it was a set up, a manipulation in order to gain immigration: then it is a crime and should be reported for what it is (and punished)

Trust me; I been had by a professional manipulator and simulator from Venezuela in order for her to get immigration (and other things); it has gone up to the marriage, in order to gain spouse status and other.
But when she acted strangely, that I started to notice lies so when she first asked for sponsorship, I got wise: I set up simple conditions. if she accepted, I was protected; if she refused, then it means that it was only a scam...and she did refused! But that was not the first or only proof that I had that it was a fake (tima); even before the marriage...but I was too blind by love. (and by her fake breast? LOl)

When she finally realized that she will not get what she want with me and that everyone started to knew her in Montreal; it took her 30 days to setup a scenario for her next story and get another pigeon in Calgary; where she is doing it all over again as we speak...or try to.

it is just a matter of time before she get caught and that she pay for her frauds and crime.
 Wolfie65
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:25:19 AM
Call immigration?

Dunno how this works in Canada, but in the US, it is easier to reach the Pope.
You want to 'call immigration' on someone outside of a Hollyweird movie?
Good luck.....
 Next Time Round
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:46:42 AM
Dunno how this works in Canada, but in the US, it is easier to reach the Pope.

2 Funny. Probably the same here too. There's 'rat lines' set up for everything under the sun, but how effective using any of these are - and whether one should bother in the first place - are two different things. I think it's just sour grapes to call an Immigration line on anybody because you married them and they left you after they got their papers. Sure it's a metaphorical slap upside your head to realize you've been played. However, in some cases a person could have benefited beforehand from such a slap, and at least it will prevent him or her from repeating their mistake.

The only time I would personally call Immigration or any other 'rat line' is if my actions had allowed - in any manner - the person to commit an act of international terrorism or any other aggregious thing that's bigger than what it seems on the surface. Even if the guy or girl was simply doing it to hook up for drug or financial based crimes I wouldn't bother. Then it would be a case of "yeah, whatever," welcome to the real world.

I think the vast majority of people who do this are simply looking for a better life: free health care, an opportunity to earn money to send to their families back home, welfare, housing etc. They too have some notion that the streets are paved with gold, which is nonsense regardless of how much better off they may be. I've met enough highly skilled & educated people who entered Canada the proper way, to know that a 'doctor' in one country equals a taxi driver or pizza delivery person here.
 wild heart
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:34:20 AM
If you are going to call after, then you should have called before.

If you believe something is wrong - it's wrong. Doing it after only shows that you are trying to get some sort of revenge.
 Commonsens
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:46:34 AM
easy to say Wild heart;

Those people will make you believe things, an/or will stale you to play the time table game.
Unless exceptions (like the person here offered 10k$); you never know until it is too late.

Not reporting a crime is endorsing it and make it easier for this person or any other to commit more crime; as no one do anything about it. Better a bit late then never.

Who knows, maybe the next victim will be you? Won't you be glad is someone before you had reported it? mmmm!

Justice above all, and i have no problems to put my arse on the line to make it right.
 lone56wolf
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:50:46 AM
If you have been harbouring an illegal alien for God knows how long before things went sour and the bi*ch streak shows, don't you think Immigration would be asking some questions about why you waited so long? Really, it's easier to get a feather in the hat for nailing the one who concealed than it is to nail the illegal. In the end, it's the feather that matters. Justice or karma.... You decide.

Steve
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you call immigration If you have broken up with your Loved one and they are illegally in Canad