Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Married people on POF...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Married people on POF...Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Okay, I see this...

Sounds to me like he's married.....

...all of the time. I will admit from whatI read the experience on POF is different for men than it is for women. Do people here really spend that much time fending off the advances of married people, or encounter married person after married person?
Of people that I have met I am pretty certain that none of them were married... I think.
 Nordic33708
Msg: 2
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:15:36 PM
Sometimes it seems like a phrase someone use when they have nothing else to say but still want to "contribute" to the discussion.

I've never encountered a married person that I've met here. But then again, I am very picky about who I meet and don't meet many at all so maybe that's the reason.
 cupatea2010
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 2:20:22 PM
I have found married men as simpering..whiney..."please understand my situation"..begging for an ear on how depressed he is to be in a unloved..unsatisfied relationship. I don't respond to them anymore because once you do ...they are relentless.the back and forth...why I should listen to his story and understand?

It's a waste of time because there is no place for a relationship to go ...other than being his mistress...and free counseling sessions.
 coffeenette
Msg: 4
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 2:26:44 PM
I never met a married man on here, but I did get emails from married men on other sites in the past. What people mean when they say ' he sounds like he's married' is that he's behaving like he was leading a double life, being in a committed relationship and trying to hook up on the side.. People like that are not a rarity here, I believe.
 WesternRose
Msg: 5
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 3:06:48 PM
Had one this morning....Marital Status read : Prefer not to Say.
He had IM me....and wanted to chat... I asked him straight out, are you married?, are you separated? living separately?, intending on divorce or separation?

His answer over and over was that He has not been with her in a year.

big deal... I didn't have sex with my EX for the last 7.5 years of our marriage...I was still married...and we were still in the same house...and living separately.

I told this guy that there was no reason for us to be in contact. I am not interested in a relationship with a married man.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 6
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 6:47:15 PM
Married men? On POF?

Say it ain't so!!!!!

Men wouldn't use POF to cheat on their wives. It's all a lie.

A LIE I tell you!!!!
 albino_dino
Msg: 7
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:17:07 PM
MARRIED, is the term to designate someone who is already involved in another relationship.

Legally married just makes the scenario more yukky for some people.

I will gladly hand over the Separated, Married and 'In Other Relationship' to those people who enjoy it.

sheilarodri
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:23:57 PM
OMG yes. Here is the classic I'm separated, except they forget to mention they didn't tell the wife that they are separated. So now one of the first questions I ask all potential dates are you single and available to date? This is not a multiple choice question its a yes or no.
 Nordic33708
Msg: 9
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:32:28 PM
I guess I must have been pretty clueless. I've always referred to the guys who never come through as flakes. I have that posted on my profile now.

Maybe this explains it? If so many men are married, no wonder they seem flaky.
I've been talking to a guy now and then in another medium. Two nights ago I suggested meeting. He immediately send me a number to call him so we could set something up. I called, got his voicemail. I recorded a message, never heard back.

Case #2 has it in his profile that if added as a match and no response within 24 hours he will take you off his list. Fair enough, I add him at his request and mail him. Sure enough he responds back quickly. We exchange a few mails throughout the day. I suggest taking it to e-mail. He mails me and ask me to tell my life story. I say that will take all day, I start with a little something.....no response. Sure it hasn't been 24 hours from that one but still. So I log back on site, sure enough, there he is. But not replying to my mail. Okay....so what now? I guess his married. LOL
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:50:43 PM
I couldn't agree more with albino dino....
Take em all, the whole lot of them.

Yes there are lots of married guys on here posing as single or seperated.
I have been contacted by a some of them and burned by one in particular.
He was an academy award winning actor. He has it down pat now, he was an expert at hiding it and manipulating. He came across as extremely sincere and caring.
Don't believe a word.
They will lie and lie and lie some more.
A big red flag......When it comes time to give up the digits or meet IRL they disappear off the face of the earth. Or they give you the mobile # and then never answer the phone or they can only talk when they are out and about. You don't realize it at first until you think about it.......they are never at home when they call you back.

I am sure there are lots of married women on here too.

Buyer beware.
 Radio_Gal
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 8:12:08 AM
I totally agree with u on this there are so many guys that say they r " married" or " have a wife" they dont acually do they just have a serious girlfriend who wont let up the chains or there bored of having sex with the same person all the time so they just try and get some on the side.... ugh not cool!~
 HappyGilmore2
Msg: 12
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 10:11:41 AM

I am sure there are lots of married women on here too.

Just as many.
 SWSpice
Msg: 13
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 12:55:10 PM
Check out the Married....why not be friends.. thread under Ask A Girl forum. A married guy on here just to meet friends. Yeah, me thinks he's looking for an ego boost.
 Fightdirector
Msg: 14
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:13:56 PM

Do people here really spend that much time fending off the advances of married people, or encounter married person after married person?

I have only met two women in person since putting up a profile in February of 2005 - and both turned out to be married - with profiles saying they were "single". In both cases, I found out by meeting the husband while I was with the woman - and both the husbands apparently didn't know their wives were seeing other men through an Internet site.

So, in my case, I can say that "100% of the women I have met in person through POF turned out to be married".

jlp1972
Msg: 15
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:15:47 PM
Unfortunately, trust me here alot are
 ~blue eyes~
Msg: 16
Married people on POF...
Posted: 2/8/2008 1:45:42 PM
I have had 4 wives or girlfriends call me asking me who I am. And I had never even met any of the guys, just brief email chats here and there. So I would say that it happends often.
The last one called last month and I hadn't spoken to the guy or anyone else really since I met my guy on here at the end of Sept.

People should really be more careful if they don't want to get caught.
 u2eh
Msg: 17
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/24/2011 1:07:52 PM
I've met a couple of them- what are the odds of that?

They don't say anything till they've met you,....talk to you for awhile at first- then meet, then tell you. What a waste of time!
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 18
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/24/2011 1:54:16 PM
I was chatting on-line ( POF ) with a local guy who pushed and pushed to meet him, but something told me to stave off his advances. I was right.
He finally admitted to me he was living with his wife and kids and STILL wanted to meet me.

He must be bloody joking!!

His messages became quite rude because of my rejection to the point where I simply blocked him. He then came back with different nicknames to simply insult me again and again! I continued to block him till he became fed-up!
 WaywardWynde
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/24/2011 2:29:37 PM
I think there are FAR fewer married men out there than the story goes (I sometimes get grilled senseless by women trying to make sure I'm not married, even though I suggest we can meet anytime they want).

I also think there are far MORE married women out there than the story goes (LOTS simply disappear when mention is made of getting together for a cuppa or a glassa).

Don't know that it's all that different In Real Life, married looking for a different flower in a different field to play with. Some do it, most don't.

BTW, a woman friend told me a woman who insists on meeting for "a quiet dinner" without ever talking with the guy on the phone is most frequently married. To weed out those, it is best to suggest meeting at some public place close to where she lives in the bright light of day.
 Coma White
Msg: 20
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/25/2011 12:21:52 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the women I've talked to recently were married or had boyfriends. I met one and her husband was at the club we met at. Luckily I had some friends along with me. The other lady I met was from a town 4 hours away, and she disappeared completely after the date from my POF, Facebook, MSN, etc.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/25/2011 1:02:33 PM
rehashing a one page 3 year old thread?
Sheesh.
Personally, I think if a guy gives any indication that he's busy...for WHATEVER REASON...the "he's married" card is played.
And it's played a lot.

He didn't return my call for 24 hours...He's married.
He changed plans...He's married.
I don't have his last name...He's married.

Sorry, but having an actual LIFE does not mean you're married.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:28:51 PM
Sorry but having an actual WIFE does mean you're married.
I dated a widower, um yeah, turns out she was still alive and still his wife.
I dated a man divorced for 2 years, um yeah, married but separated for less than a year.
I really hate to ask for someone's full legal name, social security#, home address and phone number to do a background check after 2 emails.
 FunkTheMillenium
Msg: 23
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/28/2011 4:08:35 PM
most dont have to be even married, just having psycho ex's that are still in the picture can be enough that are trying to worm their way back into the person's life again ur trying to see.
 MsMicki
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/28/2011 6:47:52 PM

I think there are FAR fewer married men out there than the story goes (I sometimes get grilled senseless by women trying to make sure I'm not married, even though I suggest we can meet anytime they want).

I also think there are far MORE married women out there than the story goes (LOTS simply disappear when mention is made of getting together for a cuppa or a glassa).

Oh look, there it is again....
Dude, is there not one thread here that you can post in that doesn't have you implying
that women are no good?
You remind me of a 3rd grade boy with the "Girls are Gross" mentality.
Why does every thing have to be divided into genders?
There are obviously way too many married folks ~ men and women ~ out trying to get a piece on the side.
Maybe you can pull another stat out of your ass and prove your "thinkings".
 Welsh474
Msg: 25
Married people on POF...
Posted: 1/28/2011 8:26:54 PM
WWW ".....who insists on meeting for a "quiet dinner' without ever talking with the guy on the phone is most frequently married." I have to disagree with this as I don't like to do the 40 emails back and forth over 3 weeks followed by 2 weeks of telephone conversations. I like to meet rather quickly for coffee followed up with a lunch/brunch date shortly after. By rather quickly I mean a week or so of emails, maybe one phone call. My reason for this is I only want contact with one person at a time and why wait around to meet in person. I have found that those that want endless emails, IM's and phone calls only with no move to an actual meeting are the ones that are married, bored or aren't planning on EVER meeting you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Married people on POF...