Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Headboard banging against wall?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiber
Msg: 1
Headboard banging against wall? Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There was no good place to post this, I'll put it here.

I'm tired of my headboard banging especially with a neighbor on the other side of the wall. I've tried putting a pillow behind it but it needs continual adjustment.

I guess it's time to just remove the headboard and sell it and go without. Maybe just put a tapestry on the wall and use extra large pillows instead. Would that be pretty cheesy or what?

Ladies, what if you walked into a date's bedroom and instead of a headboard, a tapestry...or, you see a pillow behind the headboard? Thoughts? This post might lead to a lot of laughs...
 burnleybabe
Msg: 2
Headboard banging against wall?
Posted: 4/8/2008 4:26:22 PM
Go sans-headboard...I do. Had the same prob.

You could glue some foam to the headboard....but you might get some strange comments
 incendium
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/8/2008 4:29:42 PM
Go sans bedroom.....
 burnleybabe
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/8/2008 4:32:32 PM

Yes! Sleep on a murphy bed! No headboard issues there!
 Leagueofextraordinarymen
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/8/2008 4:33:09 PM
I know how you feel , I'm tired of women using my headboard as a scratching post.
 *Carpe_diem*
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/8/2008 4:38:33 PM
Keep the headboard... if they complain tell them there are people that pay to do what they are getting for free and next time they come over you will hand them a bill..

Seriously, either move the bed further away from the wall or get a different headboard. You can't use cuffs and such without one Also try putting spacers under the frame feet to get the headboard off the floor and it will help some.
 clasact
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:14:31 PM
No,no,no...no tapestry! Keep the headboard dude. Only a guy would think to LOSE the headboard. Does it really bother you THAT much, or is the beat bothering the neighbors that much? ~lauugghhhinngg~ Maybe try a different room sometime.
 CLASSIELAD777
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:41:01 PM
Headboard...... What about those that start SCREAMING !!!!!!!! Bob
 Thilium
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:43:44 PM
Maybe you should stop pinching them so hard Bob
 NCRosebud
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:45:51 PM
OP you don't say that your neighbors have complained....they may actually be getting a charge out of it! The noise may be getting them in the mood and helping their sex life!

Rose Mary
 no_1_bby
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 5:59:15 PM
Forget the headboard, I have a high 4 poster canopy... I've had the whole freakin' bed rocking at times!! And the squeaking.. oi...

Depending what kind of headboard you have, try putting a couple of blocks of wood between the wall and headboard, along with some padding of some sort... I use craft foam as spacers to tighten up my bed frame, and you can just staple gun it onto the blocks of wood.. or glue. Can't do the blocks if you have a brass or iron headboard (or something that is open work like that)... they'd show. If you have a headboard that is open like that, you can anchor the headboard to the wall using thin wire or high test fishing line... strap that puppy to the wall and it shouldn't move at all then.
 marahnna
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:13:18 PM
This is too funny.

I haven't had a headboard on my bed for years, so I haven't really had to worry about it. My old boyfriend had his own house with a small yard, so there were no worries about the neighbors hearing things. If you want to keep the headboard, I'd recommend pulling the bed a few inches away from the wall and putting something under each bedpost to keep it from sliding when you're... erm... entertaining visitors.
 L-Bo
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:36:03 PM
Get a different bed! Or try it from side to side instead of head to foot.

"If the bed ain't rockin', you're doing something wrong!!!!"
 mogrl42
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:41:19 PM
get on the floor..................
 PURE-Energy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:46:19 PM
Thread: Headboard banging against wall?

Headboard banging against wall? Maybe you should go and tell that person TO STOP Throwing balls
against the walls?? You know you can call 9-11 if this person is Distributing your peace,eh??

OK, so i can't post this because my comment was to short..
 Queen*Doreen
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:49:45 PM
ooofirefighter ! Would you rather your back being used as a scratching post ???
 Cinderella2008
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:53:35 PM
Keep the headboard for crying out loud. Pull it further away from the wall or place your bed between two corners so the headboard doesn't have a flat wall to bang on. I swear, if it isn't a headboard banging the wall, then it's the whole bed squeeking. If all else fails, toss a bunch of pillows on the floor and get after it......hehehehehe
 galonthemt
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:59:08 PM
Did you ever think to move the bed a little furthur from the wall or angle it in the corner..,, you need the headboard for..............the handcuffs...............
 Lily3
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2008 7:05:38 PM
Ok - easy solution

Take headboard off bed
Screw headboard to wall at right height
Touch up paint over screws
THen push bed up agianst Headboard
But put a spacer block on the floor in front of the wheel to the wall ( to stop bed from moving and banging girlfriends head against headboard )

Figured this out after a then six year old daughter came down to breakfast saying " Mom I couldn't sleep -something was banging on the wall all night long"

And hey - all the design shows on TLC attahc the Headboard to the wall not the bed
 packagedealx3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:15:28 PM
Unless you need to use the headboard for gripping purposes, can't you just have sex using the bed like the sides are head and foot? I started to say sideways approach but that sounded like a sexual position instead of orientation to the bed.

I have a king-sized bed and mine is in the corner with the foot of the bed facing the door but the side of the bed is where I sit to watch television that sits on the opposite wall, if this makes any sense. I have three of those backrests sitting against the wall so my kids and I can pile on and do movie night, having the bed flush against the wall creates more space in the room and it is a pretty kewl set-up in terms of adult interaction.

The guy who invents a bed that doesn't move no matter what you are doing on it will be richer than shit.
 jaemey
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:17:06 PM
definetly keep the headboard. Just like others suggested.... move it out a few inches from the wall, but also (and i am surprised no one has mentioned this), if u have a headboard that works for this - buy some of those furniture pads. I have 2 on each end of my headboard. You can't see them and if the headboard does end up banging still, the noise isn't quite so bad.
I personally like a little headboard banging sometimes.....
 eazk
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:42:34 PM
Mount it to the wall...right next to the marine cleats you have mounted next to the bed to tie off the trapeze lines...and mount it low enough that it doesn't impact the overhanging mirror.

clasact
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:50:25 PM
^^^^^ I was JUST about to say that "eazk"
Great Minds Think Alike. ........~ did I just say that?~
 Renaissance Mun
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:57:00 PM
I'd find out who my neighbors were before doing anything. You might have a several hotties on the other side and above and below. If so, I'd encourage your girl to scream your name out while the banging is going on. Better: tape a woman screaming your name out and just put it on your stereo and get some kind of mechanic device to bang your headboard against the wall. Turn both on for about 5 or 6 hours at a time ... then walk out of your place, smile really big, and wave at all your female neighbors. One caveat: Just remember that they'll expect the same treatment.
 TheLimey
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 6:56:08 AM
How ****ing difficult is it to move the damn bed? This isn't rocket science..
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Headboard banging against wall?