Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does anyone else feel rejected if they get ignored?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sxc_sammy
Msg: 1
Does anyone else feel rejected if they get ignored?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I really feel that ignoring someone is downright rude! I'm not talking about that first message, I mean we must all ignore people sometimes, I get quite a few messages some days and just don't have the time to get back to every person. But when you've met with someone, chatted AFTER the meeting and agreed to give an exclusive relationship a try, I think that ignoring someone is pretty rude...

Does anyone else think that ignoring someone is okay in some situations?!
 dont poke the bear
Msg: 2
Does anyone else feel rejected if they get ignored?
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:35:08 AM
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what do you mean by ignore?

If you mean that the person never talks to you again, then yes that it is rude, and childish.

If, however, you mean that you call/text/email someone and they do not immediately get back to you that is different. People have lives and can't/don't live by your time clock. It may not be that they are ignoring you but are busy.

Take care and good luck,

A
 secretsquirrel45
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:37:25 AM
hey sxc sammy,
I agree. people are rude most of the time really so I've found. Even if you don't like someone after you meet, or maybe found someone else you like more, at least be big enough to say so. In the case of maybe finding someone new, most fear what they've found may not last so they leave the first person open and just say that they've been busy or whtever if and when time comes. You have to be stronger than that. I myself am having a hard time with this one: knowing when people are telling me the truth about wanting a relationship or just wanting to have sex or if they are already in a relationship just looking for extra curicular activities without saying so. I'm slowly finding my way though after being out of the dating game for so long. I've decided to step back a while and just take a look at what I am about myself before I attempt another fraudulent date. LOL! Good luck to you. Let me know if we can chat. Jess
 Diana619
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/17/2008 5:51:38 AM
Perhaps he is upset with the fact that you still have an active profile on a dating site, after telling him that you were "exclusive" with him.
 isspringhere
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:43 AM
Yes Yes and Yes again, it is very rude to be ignored or to ignore someone. Even if I'm not interested in someone that emails me, I still reply back stating so and wish them well in their search. Whatever happened to consideration among the human race?? It is especially rude or hurtful when being ignored after chatting or emailing for a bit or even after meeting. I mean when they disappear off the radar. If they lost interest, they could at least be considerate enough to at least say so, am I right??? Anyway...........I'll get off my soapbox.......................................
 StarreGazer
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:45:57 AM
Feel rejected? Being ignored IS being rejected. But then, being rejected is all part of the selection process, so when it happens... NEXT!
 lindylooboo
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:50:26 AM
What annoys me the most is you get a message saying hello how are you, so you type back that your good or your fine and then ask them how they are, then they dont reply. Why bother
 MuirToLove
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/17/2008 8:36:22 AM
While I think it may be bad manners not to give a reason as to why the sudden stop, it really doesn't bother me.
 just looking here
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/21/2008 9:35:49 AM
not sure on right forum but anyway, met a guy, went out, got on so well, actually fell in love, very quick, then he stopped txting, wont reply to my e-mails, now i feel used, yes it hurts and i cant move on, think about him all the time, if he just ended it then i could move on, any advice would be much appreciated
 spearheadfish
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/21/2008 9:54:54 AM
u take control and close the door u believe him to have the keys to,take back the keys to ur heart.op as another poster wrote"to be ignored is to be rejected"so now do what seems right to u about it.
 Arnessa
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/21/2008 10:12:23 AM
I used to get hurt when ignored...especially when I found out the guy I like was browsing a dating site while ignoring me. But you know, one day I just realized what the heck, so freaking what, and then nowadays I just always tell myself he can go fish all he wants, he will never find anybody like there. :)

Of course this might sound like a bitter girl rationalization, but hey. I am special, I am a "top apple", he can have me - heart and soul, and if he chooses to fool around with rotten apples then maybe I am really not the one he is looking for. And no matter how much I like him, there is nothing I can do about that. :)
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:09:40 AM
Ignoring someone IS rude. If a person cant be man/woman enough to be honest with you, their not worth your time and effort though. As long as you didn't go pyscho on him when you met him and scare him off, it IS ignorant.
 flowerjenny
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:06:12 PM
hey, i got a good one for you! started talking to a bloke on here and mentioned where i worked, n he turned up there, shared a coffee and a chat, a bit of flirting, lol, ok quite heavy flirting,i like you and you like me kind of thing, resulting in a goodbye kiss, yep tongues n all, n him pressing himself against me, tellin me he really wanted to (you know the word!) i told him to text me n we would meet again, and i have heard nothing since! totally spun out, it went well, he certainly meant what he said about wanting to.... lol i know.. banana in the pocket was very apparant!! so i emailed him, to ask what happened! lol, n yes nearly turned into a bunny boiler and e mailed again a couple of times, i can handle being told he isnt interested, but being ignored is so frustrating and so bloody rude wouldn you say! I am just left wondering how many other women he has done it to, i can normally spot the liars and gameplayers a mile off, this time looks like a was suckered a louster!!!
 StarreGazer
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:30:38 PM

Msg: 9 -- i cant move on, think about him all the time, if he just ended it then i could move on, any advice would be much appreciated

Simple. End it yourself. You KNOW there is no future in THIS relationship. End it on your own. In situations of doubt, the "NEXT" button is your BEST friend. So MOVE ON!!!!

NEXT!!!!

Terminate the relationship in your own mind.

Extricate yourself from any entanglements the relationship may seem to impose upon you.

Circulate yourself among folk whom you think have the same goals as you.

Make this a MANTRA regarding ANY UNFULFILLING OR IMPOSING relationship:

TERMINATE, EXTRICATE, CIRCULATE!!!!

ALL three of these are encompassed in the liberating "NEXT" button. I never hesitate to use it, and when I do, the decision is FINAL and IRREVOCABLE.

Now, what does this MEAN? Quite SIMPLY, it MEANS that you NEVER go back to an "Old Flame". If you have chosen to end a relationship, or if a SO has CHOSEN to end it with you, THERE MUST BE A FINAL DECISION. That MEANS "NEXT", with NO ifs, ands, or buts. OK, that MEANS the RELATIONSHIP has ENDED **PERMANENTLY**, NEVER to be resumed. This MUST be done for your OWN personal emotional health.

At this time, it is time to search for a NEW relationship, with a NEW person. For your emotional health, this MUST be a RIGID standard for you.
 rasputing
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:36:21 PM
iget ingnored all the time so get used to it like i do but youget used to it and keep trying
rasputing
 StarreGazer
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:37:48 PM

Msg: 9 -- yes it hurts and i cant move on, think about him all the time, if he just ended it then i could move on, any advice would be much appreciated

I hate to sound crude, but I think you need to refer to my post on "Msg: 15". Rather than make a duplicate post, I refer you to THAT post instead. Read it.
 Suziebell08
Msg: 17
 jf468
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:40:02 PM
IMO it is rude to stop contact with a person without any notice. If 2 people had simply exchanged some emails or went on 1-2 dates, then a simple text / email message stating "this isn't going to work out" or we aren't compatible" is fine. No need to give a detailed explanation at that point.
 larry1212
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:43:32 PM
Your advise is correct , If someone lets you go you must move on !!! Don't think if I did this differently of that differently or I will wait maybe they will come to there senses and come back , Would you really want them back ???

even though it is hard to do move on, time will heal all broken hearts.. never give up the good fight !!
 sugra66
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:47:27 PM
Its one of my pet hates - text messages being ignored - drives me mad
Msg: 21
Exclusive?
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:51:41 PM
I'd think if you're exclusive it makes it even easier to tell the other person wants to end it.

You can feel any way you want, ofcourse. I agree that being ignored IS being rejected, but it happens ALL the time. You just have different standards for when rejecting someone is acceptable.

I don't find it rude to ignore someone after you've spoken. When I stop talking to someone "abruptly" it is because they have said or done something I have told them I find unacceptable... Did you do that to him?
He isn't required to explain his opinions to you everytime you offend him, after a while you're allowed to just give up trying to talk to someone.
 Solarpanel
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:52:54 PM
Everyone feels rejected to an extent at any time they feel ignored - the trick is to minimise the affect it has on you. Acknowledge your reaction but don't buy into it with an emotional follow-up.

An example I can think of is a guy at work who's forever shouting to people when they're on the phone or in conversation with someone else and people then ignore him because of his rudeness. It's amazing how many times he's done this and hasn't learned to restrain himself.

He feels 'rejected'. My advice to anyone who's getting ignored or rejected is to increase the amount of times they get ignored or rejected in order to become immune to the emotional follow-up. You'll then stop feeling bad.

People don't apply for jobs they should go for because they're afraid of their own emotional reaction; they read things into what's 'not said' because they've not learned how to stop their own emotional reactions and they focus on what hasn't happened and get negative about it (because their expectations are too high) and get all angry about 'other people'.

We're all in the same boat here.

I try never to ignore a lady who gets in touch with me but it doesn't bother me if I get ignored/rejected because it's happened so often.

We mustn't make other people's behaviour or lack of behaviour responsible for how we feel.
 Yma67
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:55:39 PM
This is following the idea that you two talked about long term and have met, not just a simple don't have to read hello emial or respond.

Some people are just spineless and it's easier to ignore you then have to face you and face what they did. It's wrong and shows poor character, but it happens. Just say good riddance to bad rubbish and flush that turd away.
Go out and find yourself someone worthy of your honesty and commitment, they are out there I promise.
 northeast25
Msg: 24
Exclusive?
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:11:16 PM
What I find the most annoying is when a person actually agrees to go out on a date. But when you try to set up plans with that person, he or she suddenly stops answering your calls and emails.

I don't find it rude to ignore someone after you've spoken. When I stop talking to someone "abruptly" it is because they have said or done something I have told them I find unacceptable... Did you do that to him?
He isn't required to explain his opinions to you everytime you offend him, after a while you're allowed to just give up trying to talk to someone.

If a woman ignores a man ( or vice versa ), it's not necessary because he did or said something that was rude. There are many possible reasons why a woman lose could interest in a man. Maybe she felt they weren't compatible. Maybe she wasn't physically attracted to him when they met. Maybe she just wanted to remain single.
 HDynasty81
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:11:37 PM
Seeing as being ignored is a form of rejection, yes.

That's how some are, they're too afraid to tell you they're not interested and feel it's easier to cower away and think they're doing you a favor or something.

Dust yourself off and try again, I always say.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does anyone else feel rejected if they get ignored?