Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The Last Mimsey...Pushing the Wrong Religion?
 hackm
Msg: 226 (view)

The Last Mimsey...Pushing the Wrong Religion?
Posted: 5/13/2007 8:27:32 PM

Thanks,and I know that they will truly see the bad and the good in any movie only if I raise them that way. Remember,we don't have to show our children how to be bad,only how to be good.

Unfortunately, we teach them both.

If you let on to your children that the messages were of another religion and it worried you, they may be learning that people who believe in other religions are in some way wrong. It may lead to bigotry. Which is you showing them how to be bad.
 hackm
Msg: 3 (view)

googled
Posted: 5/13/2007 7:57:17 PM
Not wrong at all. Maybe a bit touchy.

I've google'd people. I think most people have done it. If anything it just means that she was still thinking about you, even when you were done talking. Maybe she just missed you.

And honesty. She told you. You can tell that she's less likely to be the sneaky type.
 hackm
Msg: 223 (view)

The Last Mimsey...Pushing the Wrong Religion?
Posted: 5/13/2007 7:36:12 PM
If you're worried that a film with religious undertones may sway your children, then you have much faith in your God but not enough in your Children. In the end, they will believe in what is right to them.
 hackm
Msg: 34 (view)

Should I try to find her father?
Posted: 5/13/2007 6:55:05 PM
My Wife's Father abandoned her when she was young. She was out of wedlock and unwanted. She knows to this day that he doesn't want to talk to her. She sent him a letter through co-workers of his, but it was unanswered.

Once in awhile she mentions that she wishes she could talk to him. Since he is a minor celebrity, she often cries thinking about how she will see his obituary on the news before she will ever talk to him. It doesn't cripple her. She's not an unhappy person. But she could be happier.

No matter how bad "Dad" is, every kid wants to atleast talk to them. I believe My Wife thinks that maybe if she talked to her Father, he might enjoy her company, maybe love her. But at least she would have closure. She could completely move on.

So, whatever you do, at least make sure you know where the Father is as your daughter gets older.
 hackm
Msg: 8 (view)

Need A MOM's opinoin
Posted: 5/13/2007 6:30:29 PM
You said you're an honest, straight forward guy, so I'm going to give it to you. I'm not a Mom. I'm a young man with a young daughter. A former 'brother' of three abused Foster Children; observant human; rebellious teenager not long ago, in my own right.

It's time to make BIG changes. In order.

Your daughters' parents aren't together, that's difficult enough. Mom sounds weird--and no offence--Dad sounds like a seedy character, WYLD, as you say. Perhaps she's genetically doomed. Perhaps a divorce and her Mother's strictness unlocked those tendencies. It sounds like she's 14, too young to leave, but has no place like home.

You're not her parents anymore. Mom screwed her up. Maybe you did too, maybe you didn't. You could lock her in a closet for three weeks as punishment and she would go right back to where she is. All the parenting 'tricks' won't work anymore, she too old for them. She needs a supporter.

As opposed to what EVERYONE will tell you -- if Mom was so strict then it's probably time to STOP punishing her. If she truly is intelligent, she'll more likely respond to support. As in, "Daughter, I don't know why you need to go out and party. But you are a smart girl, you must have your reasons. Try to be in by __, I'll understand if you can't. Can you call me? Dad worries."

It sounds fairly clear that she's been messed up.

1. Monitor her for depression. Take her to the Doctor if she shows signs of grief. She may end up prescribed with an antidepressants. Antidepressants can be bad unto themselves, but better than ecstasy and whatever else she may be doing. (And get her birth control pills, who would take ecstasy and not have sex at least once? I don't believe her.). If she plays sweet there, pull the Doctor aside and give him the dirt.

If it isn't depression, then it could be too late. She may have to learn on her own, after a rape, an overdose, or something worse. I doubt you want this.

2. A lot of counselling. For her. Someone to vent with. If you take her to the Doctor for symptoms of depression OHIP will cover some--maybe all--of the counselling.

If the counselling won't help her enough, then she's pretty much doomed where she is. She's got friends that have set her on the path to being a drug addict, prostitute, dancer or any number of things. You want that for her, Dad?

3. Move out of the city. Out of the province. Not "if you can". You must, even if you can't. For her.

If you've moved, and she's met new bad friends, it means that she's virtually helpless. She'll have to learn the hard way.

Fortunately, I'm sure these three steps would work for her.

Unfortunately, it will probably be step three which breaks the camels back.

hackm
Msg: 21 (view)

URGENT! ADVICE ASAP PLEASE
Posted: 11/9/2006 4:29:49 AM
Or how can I make it work?

If you love someone you will never tire of their appearance. They are more beautiful each day as you learn what makes them tick and comprehend their intricacies. Because you appreciate her more -- or less -- as you solve the puzzle.

If what I said makes no sense to you; inform her you are too young to understand love or how to treat a woman. Remind her that you feel as though you love her and want to be her friend, but can't commit.
 hackm
Msg: 118 (view)

would you share your toothbrush??
Posted: 11/9/2006 4:22:02 AM
I'm married and I would only if it was temporary.
"Oh crap I dropped my toothbrush and we don't have any new ones. I'll pick one up when I go out this afternoon... Can I use yours?".
"Okay."
 hackm
Msg: 56 (view)

What time does your kids goes to bed?
Posted: 11/9/2006 3:11:29 AM
I write until seven in the morning; the evening is most productive. My 14 month old daughter tries her best to stay up every night, as long as possible. She's too young to allow herself to be put down until she damn well pleases, but she often falls asleep before two in the morning.

She comes from a long line of night owls.
 hackm
Msg: 222 (view)

Child support... how much??
Posted: 11/9/2006 2:59:14 AM
According to the BC calculator page, if I lived there, and got divourced.. I would pay nearly $5,000 per month for one child, including no additionals. That's insane.
 hackm
Msg: 125 (view)

What men expect of women
Posted: 9/20/2006 12:14:18 AM
since when do i HAVE to be some womans comical entertainment ?

Exactly, you have people with personality, then you have people who work out to compensate.
 hackm
Msg: 52 (view)

if you could get your virginity back?
Posted: 9/19/2006 9:37:37 PM
hapeenurse: (sorry but 2 virgins was just even more akward and fumbly than sex normally is!)

You inadvertently posed a fascinating question. It would be very interesting to know how many of us lost our virginity with other virgins, or not, and how the experience went in either circumstance.
 hackm
Msg: 39 (view)

What is Drama?
Posted: 9/19/2006 12:59:58 PM
A play which is written in the five act structure, and typically ends in tragedy.
 hackm
Msg: 258 (view)

The things you miss most about being in a relationship...
Posted: 9/19/2006 12:19:22 PM

My answer is still...... BLOWJOBS!!!!!!!

You're in the wrong thread, you're looking for the one titled: "The things that you lose while in a relationship..."
 hackm
Msg: 15 (view)

question about kids
Posted: 9/19/2006 12:08:04 PM
You two folks are misled. Having children in "this day and age" is fine. It's one of the safest eras in human history. We have to worry about bombs, (not nearly to the degree as the 70s). However we have no worry at all of the high levels of murder in the Old West and the Dark ages. Murder isn't legal like it was in many semi-ancient cultures. We have TV and print media to inform us of attacks, unlike with the Vikings, who went anywhere without warning and raped and killed everything..

The murder rates are quite low right now, and things are doing fine. Stop being so melodramatic.
 hackm
Msg: 15 (view)

Can you rekindle a relationship after many years apart?
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:51:54 AM
It would really depend on a detailed account of what ended the relationship.
 hackm
Msg: 37 (view)

Repeat Behaviour - anyone got any ideas how to weed them out
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:47:02 AM
I didn't mean you were bitter and insecure. I was generalizing about men on here, as a strict observer.

"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her."

I hope you know that you won't find that. Some of it exists, certainly, but only during the very early stages. This is a day and age where people are too selfish for relationships. There are legions of men on here talking about needing special contracts and the "3 Date Rule". They are only available to the woman who is willing to dwindle down their expectations to nill, so they can suitably assimilate into a bachelors life, without being a bother.
 hackm
Msg: 20 (view)

Being shy
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:38:35 AM

Just wondering what r some ways to get over shyness? See i'm only shy at first but its getting the courage to start up conversation that i'm stuggling with. Any idea's?

When you read this post, take all of your clothes off, run outside, around the corner, hop a fence, go through a schoolyard during lunch hour, through the female locker room at the gym, and run back home.
 hackm
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2006 11:30:52 AM
I feel sorry for all the nice guys out there as I know you do exist.....but how come none of you live in my city?

Your story sounds unfortunate, even moreso than the original poster. I don't know if many nice guys do exist, if POF is a telling sign, I don't think there are. This place is full of bitterness and insecurity, most are both.
 hackm
Msg: 24 (view)

Sex Yes! giving up being single no way!
Posted: 9/19/2006 11:16:52 AM
I'll just go out and find sex when I want it, and let someone else pick up dirty socks and undershorts off the floor.

The bitterness runs strong with you. Have you forgotten love, or have you never felt it?

I think when the OP is correct, is the point in time where you have lost ability to feel emotion, or you can admit that no member of the opposite sex could want you.
 hackm
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2006 11:12:27 AM
This man was obviously not ready for a relationship . . atleast not one with you.

There was someone he had his "eye on". And I guess he was getting close to the ultimate prize, so you were expendable. Liken yourself to a "second best" choice, in his life.
 hackm

Posted: 9/19/2006 10:57:56 AM
I believe dating has gotten too easy.

Except for the few who have been in a marriage most of their life and believe it's where they're best, everyone else is slightly-moderately-very addicted to dating new people and having new sex.
 hackm
Msg: 6 (view)

question about kids
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:48:01 AM
It isn't showing very much responsibility on her part just to say, "Hey, let's have a kid" without thinking about anything else.

OP: Make sure to also ask her WHY. WHY NOW. When it sounds as though you two have no good job between you, or anything.

A child changes every aspect of your life.

OP: And for the first 2 years they take 25 hours per day to care for.
 hackm

question about kids
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:43:08 AM
I would suggest marriage first.

I would suggest that you aren't ready for it, if you're talking about "enjoying life together without a kid."

I would also suggest a good job first. My daughter costs $300-$1,000 per month, depending on the month.
 hackm
Msg: 21 (view)

Sex Yes! giving up being single no way!
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:35:14 AM

Me thinks if you do not care for the B.S. that accompanies a relationship, then perhaps you should change your profile to read "just in it for the sex" rather than "Long Term".

lmao. He's a troll.
 hackm
Msg: 14 (view)

me and boyfriend problems..
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:29:10 AM
maybe if you learned to spell and used complete sentences he not would not want to screw around on you.

I love that ^ guy.

OP: You need to stop looking in peoples email. Yeah, the guy was wrong, but it doesn't make snooping right.

And it makes you just as untrustworthy.
 hackm
Msg: 36 (view)

Why would my wife say she does not have any fantasies?
Posted: 9/19/2006 10:21:17 AM
i know maybe you dont want to hear this, but perhaps she had a sex partner before she met you and she lived out all her fantasies with him. that's why she no longer has any

this quote worries me.

lol.
 hackm
Msg: 10 (view)

What's up with alot of wealthy guys?
Posted: 9/19/2006 6:18:14 AM
Being that prostitution is legal in Canada, many on this site can't relate, since it's a Canadian site.
 hackm
Msg: 37 (view)

Please tell my why on earth a thin girl would want to date an obese man
Posted: 9/18/2006 2:18:17 AM
Please tell my why on earth a thin girl would want to date an obese man

God forbid someone have a thyroid condition or something of the sort. Obese women have no problem, because you are concerned about being in shape as much as it seemed, means you're insecure. In this day and age I would have to assume you would choose food, over thin, if you were happy.

And if you're asking this question, in the way you did, you're obviously upset because a fat man didn't want you.
 hackm
Msg: 23 (view)

what does it take to get a guy to call back and actually be honest??
Posted: 9/18/2006 2:07:51 AM

what does it take to get a guy to call back and actually be honest??

John the Baptist.
 hackm
Msg: 18 (view)

Any advice on what I should do?
Posted: 9/18/2006 1:45:00 AM
I've been on POF for a little while now and I think its awsome,There is someone in particular I seem to be stuck on..I have had small talk with him but not much of a bite on his part..any advice?

1. Tell him that you're easy.
2. Tell him that you live with someone who is easy.
3. Tell him that you are desperate for les sausage.
4. Read someone elses advice.
 hackm
Msg: 48 (view)

Why do men start relationships they are not ready for...
Posted: 9/18/2006 1:10:58 AM
Why did he tell me he wasn't ready for a relationship?

There was something wrong with you, in his eyes, and he is a prick. So there's something wrong with him, in everyones eyes.
 hackm
Msg: 11 (view)

wanting to raise a family
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:56:09 AM
If you really want to make a baby, you should use my sperm .. I can ship it to you overnight UPS, and you can just insert it with a Turkey baster

And the media has always portrayed Film Producers as gentle people.

The OP needs to do avoid sperm delivery services, for certain.
 hackm
Msg: 12 (view)

Dating female officers
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:42:07 AM
I was wondering if the same worked in reverse?

In a way, it probably is reverse, 101smiles. A woman who is in a position of authority probably wants to come home and get under. Get out your whip, leash and clothes pins.
 hackm
Msg: 43 (view)

Top 10: Traits Of A Great Girlfriend
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:38:37 AM
What do you think about these 10 traits of a great girlfriend?

If you expect all ten, you'll lose the whole woman. If askmen.com gave the right advice they would cease to exist.
 hackm
Msg: 436 (view)

Mail order brides
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:32:21 AM

What do you think of Mail Order brides?

I think I want to have relations with someone who's not reporting their findings to Mother Russia.
 hackm
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2006 12:18:20 AM
.. how immature you are ..

My favourite part was dumn ass.

Below: Yes, that too. When our number one hobby was rockclimping, I believe that was when we decided to have children.
 hackm
Msg: 198 (view)

why do men always have to look at other women!!
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:15:31 AM
Hasn't anyone given the definitive answer yet?

Why do men look at other women?

Because they're bored with you.
 hackm
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2006 12:10:09 AM
Every person i talk to doesn't want children, well not right now. What can I do to get my mine off of having a family?

1. Take up smoking.
2. Develop a drug addiction.
3. Have alot of safe sex. (this one is ironic)
4. Borrow someone elses kid.
 hackm
Msg: 10 (view)

Dating female officers
Posted: 9/18/2006 12:02:20 AM
The bonus is that they come equipped with handcuffs....

The downside is... they come equipped with a gun....

And maybe a penis, socially speaking.
 hackm

cucumbers
Posted: 9/17/2006 11:29:02 PM
Funniest. Thing. Ever.

You can give them to softedge.. or um.. yeah.
 hackm
Msg: 248 (view)

How long should good sex last?
Posted: 9/17/2006 10:52:14 PM
Until she's rolling down my drive-way in a wheelchair.

Naked. With waxed paper stuck to her, and an open jar of mayo on the armrest.
 hackm
Msg: 104 (view)

Would you let your partner read your diary?
Posted: 9/17/2006 10:11:33 PM
I'm troubled by the fact that several people on here think that once you're in a relationship, you should never ever have a private thought again

Respectfully, I was one of those people, and my opinion will never change. It is an issue of sharing, of respect, and of kindred spirits. To rise above the normal together, to become a single unit, and to complete the circle of comprehension between your souls. Be them unthinkable, vile, breathless, horrible, or beautiful thoughts in a diary .. someone who loves you should be desperate to experience them with you to completely understand every aspect of you. If they aren't desperate to realize you wholly, I would generally have the opinion that they didn't care for you, not nearly enough.

Maybe I'm an idealist.. but I am one of the few people married on the forums, atleast who also aren't looking for sex.
 hackm
Msg: 22 (view)

if you could get your virginity back?
Posted: 9/17/2006 8:51:56 PM
Well, if I got it back, obviously I would lose it to jgw72.
 hackm
Msg: 66 (view)

do u ever get embarassed when...
Posted: 9/17/2006 8:48:30 PM
My Wife enjoys buying the condoms, because she has to purchase "Magnum", and often female clerks appear jealous.
 hackm
Msg: 412 (view)

Death and Diabeties
Posted: 9/17/2006 6:58:50 PM
I hate to see this disease at work,
but I admit I have seen its hurt,
not long ago, a few summers infact,
my late uncle explained his tact,
years on the road in the music scene,
the Sax behind Cash's "J & J Minus Me",
feeling ill he chose to remain behind,
drove a cab as he walked the line,
no sight, one limb of four remained,
a touch made him scream in pain,
and it wasn't long from then, friends,
no matter what, every story ends.
 hackm
Msg: 64 (view)

BOILS
Posted: 9/17/2006 6:35:46 PM
Okay, whoever said 'bugs', shut up about bugs.

Boils are infected hair follicles, which everyone has had atleast one, but they usually clear up on their own. It is caused by staph. I've had a few and I just look at them as pimples that last a bit longer, because the few I've had go away in two-three weeks, and never become larger than a dime.

For those who get worse boils, it is more than likely your immune system, caused by either dysfunction or past antibiotic abuse (potentially forming stronger staph).
 hackm

Do you believe the Herpes statistics?
Posted: 9/17/2006 6:26:50 PM
... and they have bare raw sex, always have always will.... another girlfriend has had it 20 years married 8 years, two children and nothing...and they have great sex!

Are you a pornographer?
 hackm
Msg: 1557 (view)

FIRST LINE LAST LINE .
Posted: 9/17/2006 5:49:49 PM
for i'm salaciously awaiting your kiss,
hoping it won't come to this
the emotions in my thoughts
are more hatred than bliss.

It's your cold fingers that I feel
holding me back away,
pointing me towards my faults
planting seeds of shame,

I should never have came
to this horrid place,
Now I think of suicide or worse,
at the glimpse of your face.
 hackm
Msg: 26 (view)

Terrorist threats pale compared to global warming disruptions
Posted: 9/17/2006 5:28:51 PM
It sounds like an excellent plan, to keep emissions as low as possible, but am I the only one who hasn't jumped on this bandwagon?

The earth is recovering from an ice age, which won't be recovered from until the polar regions are tropical (source: the Siberian Mammoth with tropical plants in its mouth, undigested), and our emissions speed this process of warming. It is fine to be concerned by sea levels, but as before the last ice age, many low lying coastal areas were underwater and will be again. New York won't be submerged in an instant, water levels will rise an inch or less each decade, and therefore humans will always have warning.

And it is annoying that people think humans will live forever, it is clear we won't, not you, nor I, nor the mammal. Enjoy the moments and keep the emissions down, but don't go grey over it, because you will be dead before the sea level rose above a soda can sat on the shoreline.
 hackm
Msg: 45 (view)

Where do you see yourself in 5 beers?
Posted: 9/17/2006 4:11:55 PM
If I ever see myself in 5 beers then I've had LSD.

Show ALL Forums