Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: a thought for rewriting my profile
 dashance
Msg: 3 (view)

a thought for rewriting my profile
Posted: 8/24/2009 2:40:12 PM
yes it helps,... thanks muchly! LOL!!!

And for the thread-readers,.... I decided to just delete the last paragraph. It seemed simpler than to rewrite. It was more jocular than anything anyways. And other suggestions were also followecd, although I dont necc. agree that everything must be "searchable". But thank you indeed! Suggestions and advice from others are still welcome, please keep them coming!
 dashance
Msg: 1 (view)

a thought for rewriting my profile
Posted: 8/24/2009 1:32:10 PM
hmm, okay,... well, yes I have been a member for quite a long time, most of that being inacctive and all for various reasons. Anyways being the challenge that profile writing is, I spent a fairly difficult time coming out with something that included some length,... considering that there is a need for depth. Anyways, I'm not exactly dissatisfied with the content that I've got (being that its honest and loyal to myself),.... its that I'm dissatisfied with the responses I get. I almost always get a gal that I post to to read it,... its just that I'll often not get too much for responses,... minding the fact that I am NOT a mass-mailer either! I'll keep my posts to the ladies from 3-5 when I do get online. Just that for when I rewrite my profile,.... what adjustments should I take in to mind? A part of the reason for the inacctivity of my acct. is the fact there's been little in the way of responses from the ladies,... the negative reinforcement thing,... Anyhow, your advice,... shall we?
 dashance
Msg: 110 (view)

Have you ever loved someone enough to let them go?
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:26:52 PM
Lol!!! Yeah,... funny how we do seem to dwell on our pasts though! GOOD I'm NOT the only one doing it!!! Yeah, I met a Wonderful Beautiful Woman almost twenty years ago. I was so smitten, and she was quite accomodating. I did fault myself though, I was freshly back to my home town after my first carreer of three years and was unemployed and taking upgrading courses at college. I ended up leaving town to further my education,... I learned a year or two later that she was the youngest Aunt of the buddy I left town with.... thus my knowledge that at least I think she's been married and had children.
Now,....?! Well, 13 years of the same job, and am ready for another carreer shift,... if it happened again? Well,... I think I have the potential to spite carreer for love. We can't take the physical with us when we depart the hereafter,... what about love? Guess thats where FAITH comes in!!!!
Second time was due to the fact that I just had to repect my future children (I still have those thoughts). Children have so much going against them as it is... why give them a harder life still? Sure I find it hard to abide by a smoker,... But NOT AROUND MY CHILDREN!!! I know the stat.s Even having one smoking parent increases the likelyhood of chidren becoming smokers. Yeah, THATS' great for a family, mine or my children! (sarcastic)
 dashance
Msg: 71 (view)

Going out with a Bang! (Last camping event of Summer 2007)
Posted: 9/13/2007 7:17:33 PM
Hey folks! Hmmm.... Ha! Well, I'm gonna have to cancel for Sat. night, but I'm still good for friday eve essentially,... See what time I can scadoodle off from work! Uhm,... yes! Sounds like there'll be plenty of firewood then, so I won't bother,... Guess I'd better get packin'!
 dashance
Msg: 47 (view)

Going out with a Bang! (Last camping event of Summer 2007)
Posted: 9/5/2007 4:46:15 PM
Just a very short update folks, as I just came back from Indian graves Campground which has the same conditions regarding format, rules etc. it is $15/night with a max. of two 'units' (tents,5th wheels, vehicles etc) per site. Not to discourage any, just since the last few posts' mentiond soloists,... and since I am one also! I'd expect that we are all out here, and 'there' for the meeting of new friends et.al. so maybe just show up being prepared for everything,... I've no problem sharing my gear and tent etc,... I also have the abilty and flexibility to give a ride. SO... that said,...need I say more? See you all out there!...?
 dashance
Msg: 21 (view)

camping
Posted: 8/27/2007 4:10:28 PM
Let me get this right,... pay for camping in the forest reserve??? I've gone camping in that particular reserve fairly often in the past,... never had to pay for it! I don't really consider RVing with a Sat. dish, and and hot water camping either. Tailgating I can accept. Anyhoo, I just might check things out,... but as to whether I'll stick around,...hehehe,... guess that'll depend on just how the "party" goes! So,... tenatively in,... gotta get the camping in,...
 dashance
Msg: 141 (view)

is it ok to wear a ring worn by another woman?
Posted: 5/26/2007 12:46:39 PM
Words can and are bandied about quite a bit, essentially to manipulate the audience/listener.
The ring is a symbolic, yes. For a relationship everlasting? It can be taken that way, yes. But there are so many perambulations it's really suprising. One thing I did take note of though. SIX pages of forum, and not one post regarding veracity of the ring as a gift.
Personally, I would be asking my future throb, to wear MY ring. A ring is more than symbolic gesture, it also has numismatic value too of course. Someone mentioned Rings of state. Crown jewels, etc. belong to the state not the person wearing them. To wear is an honour. The choice is voluntary, the value of the honour is up to the honouree. To decide on whether or not to accept the honour based on whether it has been worn before and by whom is really showing how much the honouree is really a Cad! In other words, not deserving of the oportunity to wear the ring.
If these men actually gave these rings away,... that is their folly! But for a woman to not return what is not their's,.... that would be theft.
If questioned, I would state that "I did not 'give' the said object,.... I asked if they'd wear my article.' It'd be easy enough to prove if the event was recorded. LOL!!! How romantic!!!

What brings all this on? Well, rings are quite disposable to the fair-folk. Single ladies wearing wedding bands to disuade eligeble bachelors. Married woman taking off their bands 'cause they're feeling randy,... Face it, there are cretins on both sides of the issue. If however, my future throb desires for us to shop for a ring that would be fine with me to! There isn't yet a 'ring of state' as my resources are presently vested in other modes of value.
 dashance
Msg: 23 (view)

Have you been recycled?
Posted: 5/26/2007 11:37:16 AM
A lot to be said for perspectives I'd say. It is a great fealing to be full of life and vigor. That is a state of mind, and the state of your mind is always in flux. I think that both arguments to the question are valid. BUT, since we can only judge for ourselves (with any consequences), what ever answer you provide yourself is correct. Getting the opinions of others is simply acquiring clarity.
Simply put,...live your life the best that you can, and try to put a 'positive' spin on things.
Lol! Something I recall of a quote to a healer,..."heal thyself" lol! Tough medecine isn't it?
 dashance

when does someone you are dating consider it a relationship?
Posted: 5/13/2007 1:14:59 PM
Hey, just had a thought revueing the thread! Considering the topic,... maybe it would actually be better to use the term (yes, more awkward) LOVER. Because strictly speaking, going by definition, your best friend (same gender, nonsexual) could be a boy/girl friend. Not among guys, but I've heard plenty of ladies use "girlfriend" in reference to a good friend of the same gender.
Yeah, it may ad to the awkwardness,.... but then doen't that add nore to the situation so that you can read their body laguage better? As in to determine the persons charactor and integrity in the response? It would cut the crap in those who play games and split hairs!
 dashance
Msg: 5 (view)

when does someone you are dating consider it a relationship?
Posted: 5/12/2007 5:43:48 PM
Well, just my opinion. I think you should have hthat silly conversation, but keep it light. As above it really is a situational basis. Depending on those involved. The one time that I had the ocassion to be asked,.... well, I never logged on as I was seeing that someone. So of course I couldn't delete the profile. I do recall a spot that will say when the last time the user had logged in. If it's been a dormant profile, don't worry your little heads. But Yeah, I can't see the other side of it to. Lots of members claim to be online strictly for the forums, I really don't know about that,... just another way of being selective without rudeness? That could be another reason for not deleteing a profile. But then has the profile been edited to reflect the new reality? If not then your beef is definately legitemate. In that case you know what to do if amends are not made! Good fortune!
I do personally like to say somethin' silly,.... maybe actually use the term in an affectionate way. "hey girlfriend howsabout us getting together for...." ya know? Both genders could do that.
 dashance
Msg: 50 (view)

That pesky chemistry thing!
Posted: 4/26/2007 5:03:05 PM
Pesky! No doubt,... I find the chemistry all ther friggin' time... Sux to be the only one to see it tho'! Open yer mouth and either bring reality crashing down around you (lol), trip on a cliche or something and get people laughin' at ya, or whats worst, the "oh, no! Not another...." in their expression.
So many years an still with the faith of "seek and ye shall find", but after 30 years? Anyhoo, gotta keep laughin'!

What is the difference between making a concession, and settling?

I believe it is called lemonade!
 dashance
Msg: 4 (view)

Sleeping in a strange bed
Posted: 4/15/2007 4:54:19 PM
I hear you MC,...guess it may depend on an individual (since I am not on the road), but as I have worked in a camp situation in the past, I can say that you eventually get used to it. Especially if it is just simply another bed that you end up using on a basis. Sort of like sleeping over at a b/g friends place while making up your minds to movein together. Eventually the lack of sleep is what gets you the sleep! I found that it took me two nights before finding my comfort. Even when I move to a new home that would happen. Haha, guess you don't go camping then eh? THAT is always an experience, especially if you are really ruffing it and going light. As in no luxurious mats and all.

LOLOLOL! But of course if its someone elses' bed, then the sleep comes later anyways, and by that time,... well, you're all feeling good and are just set to snooze the best zzz's in your life!
 dashance
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating men who have never been married
Posted: 11/4/2006 9:27:29 AM
Frankly,... if you think long enough you can claim ANYONE is selfish,... "she got pregnant when she was '-age-' because she "WANTED" to have a child. He got married 'cause he needed a heir to the throne. SIK got it right,... we are all individuals regardless to our age, gender and status. It may be human nature to pigeon-hole people and make generalisations.
Simply put,... find a process of deciding who you will date, and go with it. Just remember that it is your future that you're dealing with and make sure that you can live with your own 'mistakes'. It is seldom that you can reverse a mistake so be carefull that you are not too extreme with this process. IE: Don't we all have a few regrets?
 dashance
Msg: 95 (view)

Ladies, how would you react if a man gave this to you?
Posted: 7/30/2006 1:55:12 AM
Okay,... so I was gonna say some stuff, but I'll lighten up... what can I say,... I've had a few tonight,... but I will say this,... with sarcasm,... "Former doormat?"
 dashance
Msg: 1 (view)

Since you ARE a fish (POF), what kind of fish are you and why?
Posted: 7/28/2006 6:05:54 PM
Got this thought when I was posting to another thread,... I mentioned that I wasn't a Baracuda, or a grouper,... made me thing what other fish would better resemble me,.... or the other way around that is! I am still working on it,... but what about YOU?
 dashance

kid's say the darnest things! Art Linkletter must be rolling in his grave!
Posted: 7/28/2006 6:00:24 PM
I and my family were at a friends home down the road who help build our home. I was about 12, and the hosts family included a 5yr old girl. At some point in the evening I was interupted by the girl.... "Steve,....IF, if I grow up.... will you marry me?",.... Man did I catch flack for laughing to soon!
And to think that now she would be thirty! Maybe I shoulda thought twice,... I had a crush on her Ma!
 dashance
Msg: 9 (view)

Infatuation or Love
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:51:48 PM
Sometimes guys can be numbskulls. Myself included,... sometimes we'll not realise how good it is. But we are so in tune with the ideals that we hold for our mate. Knowing when and where to compromise,...
In truth I do think infatuation has really been given a bad rap,... I can recall so many persons from my past that I could be accused of being iffatuated with,... but if I reminisce; I still feel strong for them. But that's life isn't it? Who's to say what could happen if....? Some could get hitched, others charged,... and given that,... should ya bother trying? I'm not anymore, but I'm still on the market for new fishies! No, I'm not a 'Cuda, nor a grouper,...

I think Mr.matters,... that you are only partly correct,... Some people stay together for the sake of the children,...or simply because their religion forbids divorce,... so I think depth is needed. Some may say together because of the consequences,... of the finacial repercussions, and who knows what else. But that is my ideal too though,.... I would choose to mate fer life. I do recall that out of a successfull couple that lasts oh a great many years,... that there is always one that loves more than the other,... that the partner is more or less acquissant, going with the flow. So is it that we are hoving difficulties because we all are wanting to be the more loving partner?
 dashance
Msg: 6 (view)

Infatuation or Love
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:15:36 PM
ABitoffun, I think it'd depend on how long your relationship has been,... I do believe that in general guys tend not to say that soon enough for a womans liking. So if you think it's too soon, you can think a few things,... is he clingy? Do you know his history, maybe a couple of insecurities on his part there.
I do think tho', that if you moved on, after getting PO'd,... it was infatuation. If it was love, you would put some work into the relationship. Because eventually a relationship is work,.... what, you wanted children? You want a house with a backyard? And so many other things,... work cannot be avoided in a relationship,.... so maybe that has bearing on the difference of infatuation and love. What are you willing to do to turn an infatuation into love? (oops? hijacting not intended)
 dashance
Msg: 5 (view)

Infatuation or Love
Posted: 7/27/2006 8:05:52 PM
Good retort! And I wish I had that ready in a debate I had back in high-school Psych.. After all, just who says that an infatuation cannot turn into love? I can only recall the word infatuation being utilised with some degree of negative context, or at the very least as humourous. Way back then I did have a strong interest in a gal which I felt for over a year,... it was never manifested, and despite a communication which was denied, it did still persist. That was hardly passing either. Infatuation?
Well, Love can be felt between persons of many relations without being construed as ...so many other things,... unhealthy,... Anyways, I've only understood infatuation as being something one would feel for a potential partner. Not necc. the most concise,...! input anyone?
 dashance
Msg: 2 (view)

Infatuation or Love
Posted: 7/27/2006 7:48:09 PM
Well, for one thing a person of 45 should have gone through enough experiences to know what both "infatuation" and "love" are. But as a generality infatuation is a passing fancy, something that will not last beyond much time and trial. Love is just so complex, that to some degree it defies defining.
Telling them apart? Well, for starters,... infatuation is most commonly based on shallow, sexual factors. Love is something that really takes longer due to the nature that there must be mutuality involved. Infatuation is predominantly a solo-emotion. Oh,... so much can be said,... I'll let others expound on this,... should be fun to read.
 dashance
Msg: 96 (view)

July 22nd Firepit Party!!
Posted: 7/23/2006 3:54:33 PM
Wholly smokes!!! What did I miss???
I had too many things happening,... Next time will have to do!
 dashance
Msg: 47 (view)

What is your EXIT PLAN?
Posted: 7/15/2006 8:40:25 PM
Sun Tzu made one mistake!
He wrote a ****ing book!

I'm not talking about my "exit plan".
There are spies all over the place.

Just for your info. the "plan" doesn't predict the relationships end.
Just how it would if it did. Its, its...
.....ah heck I'm not writing a book!
 dashance
Msg: 9 (view)

should i expect special treatment?
Posted: 7/15/2006 6:33:30 PM
If your "friend" that you're going on vacation with is a lover,.... Then I sugest paying the same as everyone else,...maybe even getting a diff. place. Be wary,...if it is your best-friend,... well, you know what a mans most common fantasy is,... Maybe you should pay cash instead,.... unless "that" gets you going!
 dashance
Msg: 56 (view)

What was the best kiss you ever had?
Posted: 7/15/2006 6:17:16 PM
When she initiated it unexpectedly, right, in front, of her parents,... it was her BD, and I was dropping off a gift in my grubbies on my way to work,.... man that was good!!! Too bad, in hind-sight I figured she was testing her folks out! Nothing better than to have your relationship being accepted by "society at large"! Kind of similar to that feeling maybe, when the pastor says "you may now kiss the bride",... just a guess!
 dashance
Msg: 32 (view)

Why are you still unattached?
Posted: 7/13/2006 9:37:47 PM
oooooooooooookaaaay! well... guess that I'd have o say that I'm jus' a bit overprotective around the kids.
 dashance
Msg: 2 (view)

July 22nd Firepit Party!!
Posted: 7/11/2006 7:58:47 PM
I'm in, luv firepit parties!~ This'll be different from goin' up the mountain tho eh? Haha, this aint BC!
 dashance
Msg: 8 (view)

Telephone Fraud
Posted: 7/11/2006 7:52:05 PM
Actually AltaGirlie; financial institutions (your bank) also need your SIN number. They will deny you services,... I've found that out the hard way.

I've also found that non-employers (movie production companies) will refuse payment if you do not provide a SIN #. about 3 yrs ago I did a spot of extra work in movies and etc., but for A particular gig, I provided a bogus #, and they called me from Vancouver and threatened non-payment. And I'm certain I (and others) can thank the Prov. Gov. for that as the prov. gov't has grants for the filming industry to encourage those companies to come here. They will deny the companies the grant if they do not provide the gov't with the SIN#'s of the persons under CONTRACT, which practically all persons involved in the movies be they actors or extras.

Guess I got off topic a little,... oh well!

CSIS --- Canadian Secret Intelligence Service
 dashance
Msg: 36 (view)

Never felt this much embarassment
Posted: 7/9/2006 8:27:39 AM
Well,...giving the gal MY number, is my favourite method,....but do you think that works better? Not really,... I've had it work once maybe twice,... I just prefer that, than to dialing what I think is her number only to find that she gave me the number to... the city pound, the cop-shop,... I generally make an interchange of exchanging numbers actually,... but hey, one can't give up,... You just need to let the mood swing when you're feeling down. haha or pop another prozac.
As for the specific situation,.. well, the responses are all over the field, so just take what feels right, and go from there. I do think that yo could try starting fresh, and try admiting something like "I should have offered my number" or some such,... but go into it expecting nothing,... that way you can walk awayfrom it this time without hurt feelings.
It may be better to just forget about her, and move on.
 dashance
Msg: 6 (view)

How Do We Do It???
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:50:37 AM
Hey Jolie,... I think it kinda depends on what your definition of what a "friend" is,... as opposed to an acquaintance, or guest (what have you)...
I don't tend to call everyone my friend unless we've hungout a bit,... but it is a word that gets bandied about a lot.
 dashance
Msg: 19 (view)

Agressive females (when she makes the first move)
Posted: 7/8/2006 11:17:03 PM
I luv it when they wanna get on top! oops wrong question,...
No,.... I do like assertive Ladies! On top of the fact that they can speak up on their attraction,... they can also broach their sensitive subjects better. How they like prefer things and so on. It means I don't have to worry quite so much about finding the exact verbiage to prevent misunderstandings (or innocently pissing her off--it happens)

Take the hint ladies!!!
 dashance
Msg: 39 (view)

Would You Go To A Wedding Dateless?
Posted: 7/8/2006 10:43:13 PM
Just because you get a form-lettered invite mentioning and date, doesn't mean you must have one. In fact when my sister got married I was in a new relationship (2 months). The sister thought it'd be better as my coming on my own and so I did. (what ever),.... but as someone already mentioned previously, there'll always be those old biddies asking about when you are getting hitched.
 dashance
Msg: 78 (view)

Labour Day Weekend party
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:55:40 PM
As much as I'd luv ta,... I just can't do it, all my timeoff is already booked. That's gotta be an 8hr drive from Calgary, depending on the driver....
 dashance
Msg: 72 (view)

Labour Day Weekend party
Posted: 7/7/2006 4:27:26 PM
ha! Think PST! ie its cheaper AB,...How much you goona bring? That'd be a lotza added weight eh! Bet there'd bet moomshine on the boil up there! I'd luv ta go! Clearwater is so beautiful! Been a long time,...
 dashance
Msg: 8 (view)

Should I be honest?
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:40:51 PM
Hi girls! being that I am a guy, I'll say that I really do appreciate the LADIES out there that are sweet enough to even respond when that is the case. Tact is a necc. tho', please make sure that you won't be misunderstood; granted, there is no complete guarantee. If you are not going to be honest then at least use enough tact so that you appear that way.
 dashance
Msg: 59 (view)

why do guys leave the toilet seat up??
Posted: 7/3/2006 9:55:16 PM
hahaha! I know the feeling,... I was the youngest,...and always got the blame for others stuff,... kinda like blaming the dog. The folks built their own home,... put a stupid electric register (metal) under the bathroom window, beside the toilet think they replaced that 3-4 times including after I moved out at 15. It was not a happy home for me,... I learned to be very quiet! Including the pee factor haha! Hit the edge of the water where it meets the porcelain, it's quieter and splashes very much less---considering those fem.complaints that rust must be from the humidity.
 dashance
Msg: 32 (view)

Houseboating... Shushwaps....July 8-15
Posted: 7/3/2006 9:08:01 PM
Mesg. eighteen made a request in which I gave the only reply that would help any others reading. Sound really travels on the water, and being that I am from the area, I know just how much the Residents get pissed regarding houseboating revelers. Also the main reason about the police boat.

I wasn''t slamming you, I googled a map of the lake because I always get the "north arms" mixed up and the first map had the mispelling in the same way as the thread...

So have a good time,... !
 dashance
Msg: 120 (view)

Self pity seems to be a trend with younger men
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:50:47 PM
Sounds like a lot of self-analysis in this thread. But hey there are ways to buck yerself up mates! Force a smile,... it won't be long 'til it passes to a natural smile,... then it'll hit ya between yer ears. And when that happens, suddenly you are more confident and other little traits come out,...

Yeah easier to say than do, patience is a virtue,.... keep on plugging and don't give up,... thats another point in being a Man!
 dashance
Msg: 46 (view)

how do you deal with lizard mouth?
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:30:41 PM
Two issues on the OP, the bit about hurtin' feelings regarding the kiss, and then whether he is actually a 'keeper' or not.
Frankly I'm suprised at all the self-appointed experts on kissing! One persons trash is another persons treasure. I learned to kiss back in grade four from a gal in gr 5, and have ever since been told that I was a great kisser. Then twentyfive years=/- later a gal I was seeing didn't take to my STYLE,... I was suprised, it was not a deal-breaker, I explained that I've garnered high appraisals before. We adjusted for each other. It was a great relationship that lasted quite a while. So really it's more about the communication than anything else! Everyone has a style. Of course one will be rough around the edges when they are inexperienced.

Here's an excercise fer you folks who've progressed a few stages though,....Remember taking CPR? (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation{haha}) not the chest compressions of course.... but to try breathing sessions for each other.... it of course will be a bit of a challenge,... Can you adjust to a comfortable rate? How long can you keep it going? Can to manage it without cracking up laughing? can you let go of the control to let your lover do the breathing? Can you apply the required volume of air?

Okay, I'm not trying to hijack the thread,... it was related to show that there is a lot to kissing, and that just because YOU do not appreciate a certain style of kiss, does not mean that the person "can't kiss",... if you are not sure about how attracted you are to a person, that will affect your ability to find a compromise in kissing style---- it takes two tongues (?hahaha)

So get out there and practice!!!!! On your pillows if you must! or your forearm! or what ever! HAhaha!
 dashance

Wondering Who escaped from BC
Posted: 7/2/2006 6:21:23 PM
Didn't escape, not really,.... I know someday my ashes will get back! LOL!!! From Drunkin' Duncan on the Island,... also lived in Campbell River/Nanaimo/tofino/Victoria/Denman island/Salmon Arm Not all in that order,.... I've been here in Cowtown since '91,...hahaha and I've only visited edmonchuck twice for overnighters!
I'd luv to move back, but I like it here too, and I've got a semi-cozy situation going....
 dashance
Msg: 25 (view)

what is rent costing now adays?
Posted: 7/2/2006 6:01:57 PM
I think in part that it really would depend on what part of town you are in BORED and just what is nearby. You say in the boonies of down south,...you may want to price it at a point where that will be the attraction,... you don't want it empty if you can avoid it. As a generality the average for the City as a whole the going rate is $450/mo. Sounds like you and I are in a similar situation, with a little variance. I'm an owner and charge my shared accom. roomies $375/mo. Mainly because thats enough to float my boat, and the sit. I want to have a stable sit. one of my dudes has been around for 3 years and then some.
A singlebedroom Apt. these days has got to be $700/mo average by now, or more.
 dashance
Msg: 29 (view)

Houseboating... Shushwaps....July 8-15
Posted: 7/2/2006 5:21:32 PM
Being from the Shuswap (the correct spelling),... take it from me,... you will want to find beaches where there are no cottages around, or even on the other side. SO that will be somewhat difficult in the evenings. The residents of such get irate over the noise. The rental agency will have plenty of info for you to. Another reminder, there is a Police boat on the Lake so watch yourselves,...ie the booze/PFD's on etc.

have a good time!
 dashance

why do guys leave the toilet seat up??
Posted: 7/2/2006 4:51:15 PM
I've always made it a practice of keeping lid closed simply for the sake of guests,... never know if a roomy has the folks over,... or whoever. The pets wont drink from the toilet if the Blu is being used.
Haha!!! Maybe the lid is there to hide the biz of those too lazy to flush!!! F! I hate that!!! At least unless it's a #1 in the middle of the night in an ensuite.

Frankly if I come across a toilet with a cover preventing me from doing my #1,... chances are it'll be found in the bath-tub, unless I just am unfamiliar with the residents.

Besides Turkish Loos do not have lids,... just a hole in the floor and two imprints for the tourists to place their feet when they squat. The TP is a luxury. So all you ladies who wants a man to take em travelling....? Surely there are more important issues to comunicate on.
 dashance
Msg: 154 (view)

Canada Day Party!!!!
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:31:32 AM
Thanx fer the party, it rocked! guess brunch is already happening for those doin' it. haha, yeah I like to sleep in when I can! Later! Steve
 dashance
Msg: 94 (view)

Caledonia Occupation
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:04:43 PM
hehe, Polly's gonna "not" like this one, but, well....folks gotta quit getting confused about who's native and non-native. If yer born here yer a native Canadian,... just because you don't know how your family is decended shouldn't give "special priviledges". The So called Six-nations were previously at odds with each other and with other tribes. Rights to land were acquired through conquest and menas of might. The same had happened when the Europeans came to "America". This is all forgone history,....
Forget history and it shall repeat itself,.... so what are you trying to do? Help Al Qaida? If we really want to profess ourselves as better people than our forbears, lets be better! I am personally affronted to find that there are reserves in our country that have problems with clean drinking water to say the least. Yet at the same time, to think that tribal politics are so corrupt that Children continue to drop out of school and have addictions to sniffing gasoline of all things! Politics do seem quite corrupt in all segments of society, but especially so in the Native reserve system. So lets change these things,... but is a road-block the answer? NO!!! A road-block is only going to create flaring tempers and beyond. I personally know of persons who claim that they will run any road-block in there path,... so what then? That's not going to acheive any planned end result... It is a pure pipe-dream if anyone thinks they can send "those white-skins" packing back to Europe. It's not going to happen! The only solution is to take a stake in "our" society, and put some work into making the situation better for oneself and each other. And if OUr politions in general (tribal or national) were not so currupt throughout canadian history,... we more than likely would not even need worry about who is and who is not "native" and to what degree!
If we are supposedly to face our maker some time and to speak in defense of ourselves,.... what matter is it, who our forbears were or what they did, accomplished, and what they passed on. Our duty is to speak on our own actions, and we will be dealt with accordingly by that "god" that we believe in.
Well, is blockading a road protesting peacefully? I don't think so! We have history for that.enough said. I'm finish my vent!
 dashance
Msg: 31 (view)

tell me what u guys think
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:26:26 PM
If this is all happening within the last couple of days? I think it's just a lot of stressover the selling and purchase of homes! One of the biggest causes of stress in a persons life period! You and your WIFE (anytime children are involved a GF becomes a wife-- legal implications) both lost your cools from the stress.
I agree with the above statements about getting grandma to take the kids and spending some special time with your spouse. Think about all those good times and how you want them to keep happening. A relationship is work, there are times you have to work at it. If the two of you need some counciling then do it.
Communication is so important that you should always be maintaining it. Sometimes it does feel good to let off steam and just "lose it", but it'd be much better if you did THAT with a punching bag.
Hope you can work things out. Sometimes it is better for the children to have the folks apart, but it is always better if that could be avoided, so hang in there bud, so devote yer time to your lady and not to POF!
 dashance
Msg: 142 (view)

What do you ladies consider financially stable?
Posted: 6/5/2006 4:03:06 PM
Actually Hazeleyes,... a good portion of you ladies do project expectations beyond what you mentioned above. Reading your profile I see that you are not one of them. But a lot of gals out there do not see what a "good man brings to the table",... as he is living within his means and has his investments engaged. My first words to a prospective date is not going to be "Hi there,...my financial report is...blah blah blah", That'd get the wrong gals completely. I have never been a freeloader and (although they do exist) I know there's a very small portion of guys like that.
It is virtually a forgone era when a wife could be a stay-at-home mom, without any economic impact on the family as a whole. Yet so many ladies out there seem to want that. After their early carreer retirement that is. It's not that I guy would not want to be that kind of provider,... it's just that that is virtually not possible. Only about 1% of a high-school graduating class will be successfull enough to be considered very well off,...like almost a millionaire?
 dashance
Msg: 138 (view)

What do you ladies consider financially stable?
Posted: 6/4/2006 9:56:41 PM
Iwarrior,...well spoken and thank you! pretty much shut her up too! (allong with Caribs complements). Am actually supprised the thread had come allong so far! I think Rainbowfishh here has a relatively healthy attitude,... one that I would find acceptable,... anyways so long folks!
 dashance
Msg: 49 (view)

He Loves Everything About You, Except Your Cat
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:50:27 PM
Well, speaking towards a pets opinion of peaple.... they are just individuals also,... they can make 'mistakes', be a***holes etc. etc. Being a dog-lover, I have found that most dogs have taken a shine to me, but at the same time theres' occassions where they just hate me like crazy. And thus I'd say that you really can only take them so far.
If i was faced with a SO with a Cat (which I am not generally fond of), I would try to get along. But if it hated the F out of me,... then the Lady would have a big decision to make. As much as that I don't really care for cats, I have been caught being cozy/friendly with the good ones!

But hey,...pets are just like humans when it comes to loyalty,... when was the last time you took precedence to the pet when it was in heat? HAHAHAa! neahaaah! No,... they'll ignore you and come back on their own time. And in this regard Cats are even worse than dogs, simply because they are so much more independant. My 2 cents!

Besides the lady is supposed to procreate with the man, not the pet! ("Go forth and procreate") No I'm not a B-thumper
 dashance
Msg: 10 (view)

How can someone look married...
Posted: 6/4/2006 12:34:12 PM
^^^^ yeah! And that's only the half of it! If yer a guy they think you are gay or, there is something wrong with you (even from other guys). As for the ring thing,... I really get kinda twisted with that issue. A lot of single ladies will wear a ring to maintain a level of control,... (so she can be receptive with the males only of her choice), Also, well, alot of married ladies will take their rings off too,... don't believe it but that is according to Tesh.com... woman are no different from men when it comes to fidelity. And hey, guys can find it just as challenging as the ladies in regards to questioning anothers status. You ladies are smart! If I asked if you were married, you'd know I was interested would you not? How many of you would respond with tact and respect? I think every guy can recount a few times where he was treated like a lech. (agreed, both sides need to act with tact and respect).
 dashance
Msg: 23 (view)

do caucasion people find east indian people attractive
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:56:46 PM
Yes! Caucasians find East Indians attractive in a simply put statement! But it is a complicated isssue... differences in culture become an issue. What differences? Well, aside from religion,... there is a level regarding the caste systems of each (come on there is one in the west too). There are also those regarding marital arrangements too! I'm sure there are a host that I've not mentioned, but I'm keeping this brief.

Show ALL Forums