Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: men/ladies, what kinds of cologne/aftershave do you like best?
 ms cheevious
Msg: 203 (view)

men/ladies, what kinds of cologne/aftershave do you like best?
Posted: 11/10/2013 4:43:43 PM
Lagerfeld

message this short can not be posted...whateva
 ms cheevious
Msg: 184 (view)

Russia's Decision To Supply Syria With The S-300
Posted: 9/6/2013 5:01:41 AM

Putin is not to be trifled with. Anybody who calls England a little island that nobody listens to....
has balls the size of grapefruits. He makes Obama look like a very stupid child.

YES, he does, but he speaks the truth. I love it when he comes out every few days to b*tch slap our mack daddy in the White House.
 ms cheevious
Msg: 74 (view)

Punchlines
Posted: 12/27/2012 10:24:40 AM
"me and the Ole lady been having trouble lately in the bedroom department, and the Therapist suggested I do something sexy to a tractor."
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 158 (view)

My onlline Conversations contacts above inbox are not showing anymore?
Posted: 10/28/2012 10:45:15 AM

I sent an email to POF via the help box to ask why I could no longer see who was online in my conversation line & also asked if this was now available only to upgraded ( paying) members.

I'm a paying member. I don't have it either.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 175 (view)

Casual blowjobs
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:14:20 AM

look here mr. scotty. your just jealous she never showed up to meet you bc she had to work alot! SORRY she has a life and you dont.

how would you know if she gives good blow jobs? she never even met you before. your a low life piece of trash who just needs to seriously back off!

Why are you answering to this scottue guy in 3rd person?? Did you sign in with the wrong profile?
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 8 (view)

Rules from Halloween horror movies
Posted: 3/25/2012 4:52:54 AM
If you happen to end up in a Halloween or horror movie, it is worthwhile to remember a few simple rules to help keep yourself healthy, happy and safe.

1 - When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER check to see if it's really dead.

2 - Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.

3 - Do not search the basement, especially if the power has gone out.

4 - If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language which they should not know, shoot them immediately. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run. However, it will probably take several rounds to kill them, so be prepared. This also applies to kids who speak with somebody else's voice.

5 - When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off or go alone. Hit the first person that says, "Let's split up."

6 - As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell. It's just not that fun.

7 - Never stand in, on, or above a grave, tomb, or crypt. This would apply to any other house of the dead as well.

8 - If you're searching for something which caused a loud noise and find out that it's just the cat, GET OUT OF THERE ANYWAY!

9 - If appliances start operating by themselves, do not check for short circuits; just get out.

10 - Do not take ANYTHING from the dead.

11 - If you find a town which looks deserted, there's probably a good reason for it. Don't stop and look around.

12 - Don't fool with recombining DNA technology unless you're sure you know what you're doing.

13 - If you're running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down at least twice, more if you are female. Also note that, despite the fact that you are running and the monster is merely shambling along, it's still moving fast enough to catch up with you.

14 - If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic behavior such as hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes, increasing hairiness, and so on, kill them immediately.

15 - Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are listed here: Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog (you're in trouble if you recognize this one), anywhere in Texas where chain saws are sold, the Bermuda Triangle, or any small town in Maine.

16 - If your car runs out of gas at night on a lonely road, do not go to the nearby deserted-looking house to phone for help. If you think that it is strange you ran out of gas because you thought you had most of a tank, shoot yourself instead. You are going to die anyway, and most likely be eaten.

17 - Beware of strangers bearing tools. For example: chain saws, staple guns, hedge trimmers, electric carving knives, combines, lawn mowers, butane torches, soldering irons, band saws, or any devices made from deceased companions.

18 - If you find that your house is built upon a cemetery, now is the time to move in with the in-laws. This also applies to houses that had previous inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some horrible fashion, or had inhabitants who performed satanic practices.

19 - Dress appropriately. When investigating a noise downstairs in an old house, women should not wear a flimsy negligee. And carry a flashlight, not a candle. Make that two flashlights!

20 - Do not mention the names of demons around open flames, as these can flare suddenly. Be especially careful of fireplaces in this regard.

21 - Do not go looking for witches in the Maryland countryside.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 9 (view)

Apache Helicopter Crash in Afghanistan
Posted: 3/25/2012 3:52:16 AM
+1

FULLY concur with 6stringsandotherthings above. GREAT post!!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 29 (view)

New ID voter law?
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:03:13 PM

i wasn't thinking about california and the immigrants...i was thinking about detroit and other poor urban areas. believe me they all were born and probably will die there because they can't get out because of lack of education, poverty and other socio-economic problems. yes they should an id with a pic, but a lot don't. don't tell me they can't vote. if prisoners in maine and vermont can vote so can these people.

oh HELLLL yeah...these are EXACTLY the type individuals I want voting to decide the leader of the most powerful country in the world...dumbasses who can't figure out how to get out of their own damn neighborhood.

If someone is so ignorant, and lacking education that they can't get an ID on their own, then whatever befalls them, happens.

+ 1
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 1364 (view)

VIEWED ME NOW A PAY FEATURE - POST ALL COMMENTS HERE
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:45:20 AM

I've just noticed the addition

"his feature is available for FREE if you get 2 women to signup, all you have to do is send them your special link below and if 2 women signup you get access to this feature."

I just noticed this too.

Doesn't this sort of ENCOURAGE people to create fake profiles in order to meet the requirements? And why does it have to be WOMEN??

edit - less than 5 minutes after I posted, I see the new addition is now gone. It appears this thread is being closely monitored.

Markus, please DO reconsider your decision making "viewed me" a pay feature. I like your site, and I don't mind paying 22 cents a day for upgrade, but the "viewed me" feature is a huge draw for your fan base, paying and nonpayers.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 1141 (view)

Post a JOKE
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:40:58 AM
The Louisiana State Police had received numerous reports of illegal****ights being held in the area around Abbeville and had sent their famous Detective Boudreaux from Thibodeaux to investigate.

Boudreaux promptly began his investigation and then reported to his Commander the next morning.

"Dey is tree main groups involve in dis rooster Fightin", he began.

"Good work! Who are they?" the Commander asked.

Boudreaux replied confidently, "De Texas Aggies, de local Cajuns, and de Mafia from N'awlins".

Puzzled, the Commander asked, "Now Boudreaux, how did you find all that out in one night?"

"Well," he replied, "I went down and done seen dat rooster fight in person. And I knowed immedjiately dat dem Aggies was involved when a Duck was entered in the fight."

The Commander nodded, "I'll buy that. But what about the others?"

Boudreaux nodded knowingly, "Well, I knowed de Cajuns was involved when sum body bet on de duck!"

"Ah, I see, I see....." sighed the sergeant, "And how did you figure the Mafia was involved?"

"De duck won."
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 12 (view)

Who do YOU think you are? (genealogy)
Posted: 3/3/2012 3:01:44 PM
Nope, no surprises.

I'm a mutt, but amongst that mix...my Mom is German, Dad is 1/2 Native American (Apache).

That probably accounts for my sweet, kind, and gentle nature.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 11 (view)

I am a jerk
Posted: 3/3/2012 2:37:41 PM
You are NOT a jerk.

5 or 6 years ago I would have picked her up.....

Its been a lot longer than that since I've picked up a hitchhiker. I hardly see them anymore.

She was just standing on the side of the road, in the dark..... in the RAIN? Wouldn't look right to me....I'd see red flags all over this situation.

Was she dressed for the weather?

Apparently, she didn't have a cellphone?? That IS strange.

FWIW, I think you did the RIGHT thing, and that your conscience bothered you and this -

" I would have picked her up simply because I knew she would be safe"
.....is telling of your good character. So many others would not have given it a second thought.

Should you encounter this situation again, I would suggest doing exactly what you did, keep driving, DON'T pick them up. Rather, contact the local police department. Let them send a car out to investigate.

message 11 - OP: She was probably picked up later by some guy who took a chainsaw to her, after sodomizing her with an axe handle for hours. You'll probably burn in Hell after committing suicide over this. I don't give a f**k, really. Belly up to the bar, take your guilt like a man (probably a stretch for you), and f**king deal with it. What do you want? Absolution? Understanding? Sympathy? I'm fresh f**king out. You made a choice, now deal with it. Instead of internalizing what you did and looking inward at the POS you truly are, you chose to start a thread on a dating site about it. Incredible.

Dude...was all THAT necessary??? Try to get a grip.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 16 (view)

Tall Dark and Handsome means what to you?
Posted: 3/2/2012 8:17:59 PM
Sam Ellliot

OT: Sean Connery, anyone?

Yes, him too!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 340 (view)

Virginia Law: Mandatory Vaginal probes
Posted: 2/29/2012 4:05:35 PM

How bout those who get pregnant think about it before they engage in acts that may lead to pregnancy?

In a PERFECT world, EVERYONE practices responsible boinking.

In a perfect world, there is also no hunger, war, cruelty............ or cellulite.

This is why I think everyone should be temporarily sterilized until they are out on their own and no longer living in mom and dad's house or basement. Also they should pay out of their pockets to go to parenting classes, and have mental health tests, and substance abuse tests done before the are allowed to attempt to procreate.

++1!!

Who pays for this steralization, drug testing, mental health tests, and substance abuse tests??? The teen? And mandatory steralization? Temporary steralization? shakes head...

*I* wouldn't have a problem with MY tax dollars going towards this.

How bout we limit abortion to those who took preventative actions to avoid pregnancy but ended up pregnant in spite of them?

Should we then deny abortion to those women who were raped or victim's of incest???

You can't have it both ways. If pro-lifers believe life begins at conception, how can you justify killing SOME babies merely due to the circumstances of their conception? ALL human life is sacred, regardless of HOW it got started....right? Therefore, pro-lifers should agree that there are NO special set of circumstances which would allow termination of a pregnancy.

those who are anti abortion HAVE to adopt EVERY unwanted child that comes from an unwanted pregnancy. Regardless of race, medical condition, or circumstances of birth.
Seems fair to me.

Seems fair to me also.

Furthermore he seems to advocate killing people who disagree with him. I am deeply moved by his profound respect for human life, and the dignity he shows his fellow man.

Eventually, loose cannons "out" their TRUE selves when they get too 'lathered' and begin spouting crazy talk. I think he can wave bye-bye to his credibility from here on out.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 120 (view)

A Good Way to Handle Nasty Emails From Men
Posted: 2/27/2012 11:51:22 AM

told me to f**k off because i didnt reply to his email ! As I was busy eating my tea and washing the pots !!! Beware off him

^^^^^I've heard of tea so strong a spoon would stand up in it, but I always thought it was just a figure of speech!

I believe there was supposed to be a crumpet involved in here somewhere.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 1132 (view)

Post a Joke
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:26:35 PM
A cruise on the Pacific goes all wrong, the ship sinks, and there are only 3 survivors - Mike, Tom and Debbie.

They manage to swim to a small island and they live there for a couple of years doing what's natural for men and women to do.

After several years of casual sex, all the time, Debbie felt absolutely horrible about what she was doing.

She felt having sex with both Mike and Tom was so immoral and bad that she killed herself.

It was tragic, but Mike and Tom managed to get through it.

After a while, Mike and Tom's resistance to nature's urgings waned, and the inevitable happened.

Well, a couple more years went by and Mike and Tom began to feel absolutely horrible about what they were doing....................

...................so they buried Debbie.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 42 (view)

Obama to address contraceptive policy
Posted: 2/13/2012 6:00:13 AM

An example - How in the HELL can you think about sex when you are sitting in the desert, starving, covered in dirt, flies and open sores, and everyone around you is sick and dying? Are there special beer goggles that would make someone in that situation look over at the person next to them and say "YO bayyybeeee, I wanna tap that nasty, skinny, dusty ass"
=========================================
.......It would take a much greater understanding of how animals are wired for you to understand the concept, which clearly you do not have.

Please explain this "concept" of which you speak...as it applies to HUMANS.

If these individuals are "wired" in such a way that the need for sexual gratification overrides their ability to think and reason, perhaps a new wiring harness is in order.

Any HUMAN who would bring a helpless, innocent child into the world, KNOWING its fate will be to die a slow death of sickness and starvation, should be denied the opportunity to procreate.

Malnutrition adversely effects brain function. Perhaps the solution to this problem would be issue everyone a multivitamin, and tell them to hold it firmly between their knees.

Though I must congratulate you on your ability to mock people that are dieing due to lack of food while the rest of world wonders what is on TV

Nope, I'm not mocking anything/one. I'm not aware of any storks delivering babies to the desert , so obviously, there is some good ole fashioned grab assin goin on amongst the inhabitants. If they can find that kind of energy, they need to be doing something productive in another arena.

You want to see "mocking". Watch the Sam Kinison clip about this very subject.

it takes a big set to pull that one off.

Perhaps if you hope-hope, pray-pray, the easter bunny will bring you a big set too. I have a few extras around here. I'd be happy to lend them to you until you find your own. It might improve your disposition.

ON topic - In order for contraceptives to be effective...they have to be doing more than collecting dust in the medicine cabinet. At this point, its too late to care who shot John. Now we need to find out why John was shot, and how to keep him from being shot again. 15 million children dying EACH year from malnutrition is not acceptable.

Contraceptives are NOT that expensive. They have been available to the "poor" for many, many years. If folks refuse to use them, it doesn't really matter who pays for them, does it? Tie their mandatory use to receipt of government bennies, and you will see their use go up.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 22 (view)

Obama to address contraceptive policy
Posted: 2/11/2012 6:39:45 PM

That is a great point, now only if the government could come up with some type of legislation that would reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies

How 'bout involuntary sterilization if they are too stupid or lazy to use birth control, and are on the government dime? How would that work for ya?

Can't FEED em? Don't BREED em! Simple, really.

or maybe have a service that poor people could use to get educated about sex.

They don't NEED to get educated about SEX. I think they've got that part figured out....

Educate them on birth control? You'd have to have lived under a rock all your life to not know what causes babies.

If you don't want kids, can't afford condoms, etc . . then DONT HAVE SEX

On that same note - Have ya ever noticed......no matter where in the world you go, no matter what manner of dire human condition, there are ALWAYS newborns.

An example - How in the HELL can you think about sex when you are sitting in the desert, starving, covered in dirt, flies and open sores, and everyone around you is sick and dying? Are there special beer goggles that would make someone in that situation look over at the person next to them and say "YO bayyybeeee, I wanna tap that nasty, skinny, dusty ass"

and

The mentality portrayed and enacted by the federal government, Repuds and Demrats alike, is one of "its not your fault, we'll take care of you" . . . and that message has sunk in and is being taken to heart by way too many people.

Exactly! You grow up in abject poverty, your miserable existence totally dependent on support from others. Instead of growing a set and moving away from that situation ASAP making something of yourself, you stay and repeat the cycle - and so it goes, generation after generation after generation....

I have no sympathy for people like this.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 290 (view)

Not giving sex away without the relationship
Posted: 2/11/2012 12:13:12 PM
It means she has GPS.

In this case, it DOESN'T mean Global Positioning System.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 53 (view)

Paying on my Birthday
Posted: 2/11/2012 12:05:14 PM

So I go out on a second date with this guy on my birthday. Just went for happy hour and neither one of us drank alcohol so the bill was rather small.
When the check arrives he states "Oh this isnt bad. This one can be on you" and proceeds to slide it my way.
I have NO problem paying for things, but on my BIRTHDAY?! It rubbed me the wrong way.
What are your thoughts? Thanks

Who paid for the 1st date?

Did he know it was your birthday?

Yes he did. Thats why I was surprised he picked this particular day to do it.

You didn't mention if he acknowledged your birthday during the date, brought you a card, etc.

If you told him about your birthdate days or weeks prior, its quite possible he simply forgot.

There are some people out there who could care less about birthday's, yours, their own, even their own mother's.

I'm like that. I have forgotten my own birthday. Had to be reminded by others.

Friends, I wish them a happy, happy and all that, take some of them out for lunch or dinner, do the card and gift thang...but I don't treat them like they are Queen/King for the day.

The wording of the OP's date suggests he was planning to pay for a bigger 3rd date.

That's how I interpreted it also.

OP, don't make a snap judgement on the guy based on this incident. Give him the benefit of the doubt and go on the 3rd date. Don't mention your feelings about the 2nd date.

If y'all are still with each other for your next birthday, you can poke him in the ribs about him having made you pay on your last one.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 392 (view)

Do women have to many options?
Posted: 2/8/2012 5:48:53 PM
There is no such thing as having TOO MANY options..........
 ms cheevious
Msg: 1129 (view)

Post a Joke
Posted: 2/5/2012 8:37:47 AM
the OTHER side of Valentine's Day -

Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss
But I only slept with you, because I was pissed.
I thought that I could love no other
Until, that is, I met your brother.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
sugar is sweet, and so are you.

But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead,
the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.
Of loving beauty you float with grace,
If only you could hide your face.
Kind, intelligent, loving and hot,
This describes everything you are not.
I want to feel your sweet embrace,
But don't take that paper bag off of your face.
I love your smile, your face, and your eyes --
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!
My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife --
Marrying you screwed up my life.
I see your face when I am dreaming,
That's why I always wake up screaming.
My love, you take my breath away --
What have you stepped in to smell this way?
My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "Go To Hell."
What inspired this amorous rhyme? --
Two parts vodka, one part lime!

===============================================
===============================================
Valentine's Day Poem...Redneck style!

Collards are green,
my dog's name is Blue
and I'm so lucky
to have a sweet thang like you.

Yore hair is like cornsilk
a-flappin in the breeze.
Softer than Blue's
and without all them fleas.

You move like the bass,
which excite me in May.
You ain't got no scales
but I luv you anyway.

Yo're as satisfy'n as okry
jist a-fry'n in the pan.
Yo're as fragrant as "snuff"
right out of the can.

You have some'a yore teeth
for which I am proud.
I hold my head high
when we're in a crowd.

On special occasions,
when you shave under yore arms,
well, I'm in hawg heaven
and awed by yore charms.

Still them fellers at work,
they all want to know,
what I did to deserve
such a purdy, young doe.

Like a good roll of duct tape
yo're there fer yore man,
to patch up life's troubles
and fix what you can.

Yo're as cute as a junebug
a-buzzin' overhead.
You ain't mean like those far ants
I found in my bed.

Cut from the best cloth
like a plaid flannel shirt,
you spark up my life
more than a fresh load of dirt.

When you hold me real tight
like a padded gunrack,
my life is complete.
Ain't nuttin' I lack.

Yore complexion, it's perfection,
like the best vinyl sidin'
despite all the years,
yore age, it keeps hidin'.

Me "n" you's like a moon pie
with a RC cold drank,
we go together
like a skunk goes with stank.

Some men, they buy chocolate
for a Valentine's Day,
they git it at Wal-Mart,
it's romantic that way.

Some men git roses
on that special day
from the cooler at Krogers,
that's impressive, I say.

Some men buy fine diamonds
from a flea market booth.
"Diamonds are forever",
they explain, suave and couth.
But for this man, honey, these won't do.
Cause yo're too special,
you sweet thang you.

I got you a gift,
without taste nor odor,
more useful than diamonds....
IT'S A NEW TROLL'N MOTOR!!!

ms cheevious
Msg: 15 (view)

Is it actually possible to find a man who...
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:55:11 AM

I'm kinda hoping the priest won't be giving me my last rites as he's performing the marriage ceremony......

Hopefully you last til just through the "til death do you part"/ "I DOs" before you kick the bucket.

If so, you will beat the Kardashian wedding of the century for longevity...but just barely!

I'm sure there is a prize for that somewhere....
 ms cheevious
Msg: 10 (view)

Would you go back to an Ex you really cared about?
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:39:41 AM
HELL NO!! They are exes for a REASON.

If I launch em...they STAY launched!

off topic:
DivineB, great new pic! You look...Divine!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 13 (view)

Is it actually possible to find a man who...
Posted: 2/5/2012 5:49:41 AM

Having standards, that include pride in taking care of oneself......
It's not the size of a man's wallet that impresses me.....
I attract successful, famous men...but, maybe it's because I know how to take care of myself.....
and I don't rely on any man to pay my bills....
My wallet is never empty.......
successful businessmen seem to gravitate towards me......

Where are the "real men"?

You may want to figure out how to right your profile pics, get rid of some of the scheissedreck in the background, and discover white strips if you want to convince us you're the classy broad you claim to be.

A few ponderables -

You doth brag too much. [public service announcement]...........
ANY woman who doesn't resemble a cross between Richard Simmons and a trout can "snag" a rich, successful, famous man, even if only for dinner and dessert.....[/ public service announcement]

Successful, famous men become successful and famous because they know how to "read" people, assess their strengths and weaknesses, and proceed accordingly. Some profiles just scream "I talk mucho smack-age, but I'm really a cheap, easy lay".

successful businessmen seem to gravitate towards me, but they're married
To a successful businessman just passing through a major tourist area, its easier and much cheaper to procure the services of certain individuals for the cost of a dinner, rather than go through an "escort" service.

or the fact that you've forgotten that if it's a date, then 'old-school' values apply...meaning that the man pays for the date.
BUT any self-respecting gentleman would NEVER allow a lady to pay the check! Just saying...
.......and I don't rely on any man to pay my bills

If you think that a man should NEVER allow a lady to pay the check, then yes, you ARE asking him to pay your "bills".

and I have offered to pay for the dinner/movie.

I'm sure you threw a LOT of sincerity behind that offer.

I will be happy to wait for Mr Perfect...God's "hand-selected" one who has values, has morals, and values spending time with me.

This might be your best bet. You might want to give your god a nudge to remind him you are expecting him to issue you your elusive Mr. Perfect.

If the attitude and rudeness you've displayed on this thread to another poster is typical of your behavior, you will be waiting for your Mr. P for a LONG time.

In regards to #4, or they expect to move in right away because they want me to support them.

THESE are NOT successful men.

JUST WOW!!
^^^^^^^Did he ask you out? The guy was trying to help you.
He may smoke some, drink occasionally and be "to young" for you but it doesn't mean he is an idiot.
I think he flattered you myself.
Why slam him?

I agree! WTF was THAT all about???

easygoingguy1974 - And if and when I ever actually do meet a LADY I will be more than happy to foot the bill as long as we are in an actual relationship. Not just some random stranger I picked up on the internet. Sorry but no thanks. And if a free dinner is all she is interested in, I am sure she has plenty of other free meal offers from men that only want her for sex. LOL
As far as "old school". I consider going out with someone I have not met, or only known for a short while as going out with a new person, possible friendship. I dont buy dinners for my friends and my friends dont buy for me. We each pay our own way.
Im too old for women that play games and expect a man to pay for everything. I am looking for a companion not a mooch. I have 2 kids, my own hobbies, and 2 business' that I support. Really not interested in a woman younger or older than me that can not take care of herself financially and needs a man to buy her dinner. Be one thing down the road after we are in a committed relationship, but until then I have no desire to buy someone dinner that has other guys buying her dinner at the same time.

GREAT counter-strike! You're a smart man!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 18 (view)

Rosehip Oil
Posted: 2/4/2012 6:53:29 PM
I use squalane made from shark liver (or olives), or emu oil.

Smear on, massage in..wipe off excess.

I have also heard that the tears of orphans do wonders as well.

What is the harvesting process?

Do we tell them a very sad story, holding a drip pan under their chins.....or squeeze them until they cry?

It's much easier to squeeze an orphan for tears than a shark or emu for liver oil.

The emus are ok with it, but the sharks cop an attitude!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 96 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 2/4/2012 1:16:22 PM

So, disregarding fashion changes that raise/lower hemlines every year, how high is acceptable in a woman just past 50? Given that she's got pretty good legs from what the men say.

Depends on your target audience.

If you are doing it for YOU..then why ask us? Anything YOU think acceptable...is acceptable.

If you are baiting your hook, pay attention to the opinions of the caliber of fish you are seeking.

This has always bothered me because I'm tall, and skirt lengths are cut for a woman 4 or 5 inches shorter than me - makes everything I wear above the knee.

Nope, plenty of places sell clothes tailored to the taller figure - some even SPECIALIZE in clothes for tall (and ultra tall) women.

A good rule of thumb (if you are tall)..... the higher the hemline, the closer to your thigh the dress or skirt should fit. The lower hemlines are for the more "swingy" styles.

We are the same age and height. Remember how close fitting our 'barely there' micro mini's were? They HAD to be..else we'd be showin off the goods - especially when struttin in our 4-5" platforms! (insert zorro snap here)

...I was just flipping through the rule book on cleavage and it says at least an inch above the nipple would be acceptable, any less would be "showing off"

Reminds me of a Golden Girls episode.

Blanch said she was going to sit in a long, hot, steamy bath...the water just covering the top of her perky bosom.

Sophia shot back , "You are only going to sit in an inch of water??"

Used to love to wear long flowing 'hippie' skirts

Those are still amongst my faves.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 40 (view)

if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?
Posted: 2/2/2012 5:58:20 PM

I also like LOTS of memory foam
============================
I've tried this and it does'nt work..... First, it's hard as he!! to chew...

Sprinkle with tenderizer and cut it up into much smaller pieces.

and I still can't remember where I put my spare set of car keys.

Get the clapper.
Notice - I said get the clapPER...........NOT get the CLAP.
Get the latter and you won't have to worry about anyone seeing your bedROOM, much less your bedSHEETS for a long, long time. No for you!!

and for those 2 who threw up a little in their mouth because i mentioned bedsheets like crackers there's a story about that.

Thank you for sharing those stories. I feel MUCH better now.

I like flannel sheets...

Me too, but they are too hot to sleep in.
I'm 90 miles from the Gulf. We only have 15 minutes of cold temps a year. It dropped down into the 20's about a month ago. I think that was it for the season. Owlgore's global warming, no doubt.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 27 (view)

if you're SINGLE and SEXUALLY ACTIVE how often should you wash or launder your bedsheets?
Posted: 2/1/2012 5:55:40 AM

I just threw up a little in my mouth......

me too. (shudder)

i wonder what part made him UPCHUCK a little in his mouth?????

Oh, I dunno, maybe the comment below v v v , and that someone old enough to know better asked when snail trails and dried jellyfish should be laundered. Its what did it for me. Pure NASTY!

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY SHEETS LIKE CRACKERS YET!!! LOL

I hope you have SEVERAL mattress protectors on your bed.

wvwaterfall...thanks! you saved me a lot of typing :) now i can just say : ditto what he said!

+1

If I'm dating someone or feel it's going to be a first with them, I have fresh sheets that day...and after he leaves my place, I would change my sheets again.

ditto

At any given time, I normally have at least 10 sets of bed sheets (400-600 thread count) so it's never an issue...

I prefer jersey knit sheets. Its like sleeping on your favorite t-shirts.
I also like LOTS of memory foam. (I hope I'm ALLOWED to post that without grandstanding hissy fits from the forum fuehrers)
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 21 (view)

Jack Lalanne Face exercises...
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:02:32 PM

I do face exercises and swear by them

ditto!

I have a little gizmo gadget for flex exercises, and I've created my own resistance training exercises for eyelids and marionette and jaw lines.

Another good exercise, get a nerf type ball..round or football shape, doesn't matter - as long as it is densely constructed, not soft and easily flattened.
Prop it between your chin and base of throat. Lower head towards chest, or just use your lower jaw muscles. The idea is to press against and contract the ball. You will feel the burn. Great for jowls and double chins.

There was a product on the market years ago to do the same thing, but it was costly. A nerf ball at Walmart or wherever, is just a few $$.

When the ball gets too soft or no longer offers sufficient resistance/challenge, it's easy to replace. (kinda sounds like a man, doesn't it?? )

j/k guyz...chillax

I follow carole maggios facerciser, it's brilliant.

I had one of her very early books - maybe from the 80's?

It was OK, I guess, but I couldn't get into her "imagine you are doing this" movements. I guess I should look to see what she looks like now. If she's still looking mahhvelouss dahhling, mayhaps I should rethink make believe..
 ms cheevious
Msg: 71 (view)

Beauty Tips and Secrets
Posted: 1/28/2012 3:33:24 PM
1. Hydroxy and salicylic acids

2. Copper and tin peptides. Great for skin and hair!

Don't waste your time and $$$ on the miniscule amount blended into name brand, high end lotions, potions and creams.

I use a site in Washington state which sells the straight peptides. Very reputable. They offer them in different strengths. You can dilute/blend as necessary, then gradually work up to higher concentrations. I've been using them for many years.

Do you want your hair to grow at a faster rate? Please see link...I've been doing this for 4 weeks and see a difference already!

http://hairthereandeverywhere-jessica.blogspot.com/2010/05/monistat-for-hair-growth.html

ok woman....THIS is just crazy enough that I'm gonna try it!

God only knows what I'll end up with...but at least it won't be YEAST!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 28 (view)

Can food change your mood?
Posted: 1/28/2012 3:09:00 PM
Hell yeah!

Plant me in front of an excellent buffet and watch my frown turn upside down!
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 361 (view)

Marines Urinating On Dead Taliban Fighter
Posted: 1/26/2012 6:39:35 PM

If I, who is as human and fallible as the next man, can retain my professionalism and humanity during the height of the horrors of war, so can my others brothers and sisters in arms.

Dude! You can't even post in the FORUMS without going off into a foaming rant!!

How in the HELL do you expect us to believe you held it together in COMBAT???

..that is..IF you were actually ever IN a combat situation..(besides the forums)...

Nor do I think you want such loose cannons guarding you while you sleep.

uh..yeah...I'll choose the "loose cannon" ANNNNNNNNNNY day over the alternative.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 360 (view)

Posted: 1/26/2012 6:27:39 PM
Forums have been 'loopy' for the past couple days....finally got a window of opportunity to reply post -

US video ‘behind’ French troops deaths
An Afghan soldier who shot dead four French troops has said he did it because of a recent video showing US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban insurgents, security sources told AFP.

The attack on the soldiers, who were unarmed, came on Friday at a base in eastern Afghanistan and left 15 other French troops wounded, eight of them seriously.
=================

Didn't read the article, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Afghan soldier's loyalties are questionable. I'm surprised he is still alive.

Once again, there's no doubt about where the rogue Afghan soldiers loyalties lie. It's not like he sprayed bullets around in an effort to make friends.

I doubt our errant Marines had visions of future friendships on their minds when they tinkled on the taliban either.

The point of the article is that he used the actions of the undisciplined marines to justify it.

Yeah, but don't believe everything you read. It could have just as easily been a case of - dood was checking his inbox on PoF, saw all unread/deleted in his sent messages folder..got pissed OFF (as opposed to pissed ON)... signed into the forums... didn't get the idea to use "justification" til he read this thread.

Or, here's a thought...perhaps he was a taliban rebel infiltrator whose mission was to slaughter these UNarmed personnel all along...the "justification" just added a measure of dramatic flair.

So all those marines have done is inspire the forces they're fighting against

I'm not aware of any times the taliban moped around, listless and uninspired. They don't need a gentle nudge in the right direction to get them into shootin, lootin, rape, pillage and plunder mode.

while inserting unnecessary complications into any peace or handover negotiations

Actually, I think the taliban (after a taliban spokesman praised the attacker) indicated the piss poor performance of our Marines would NOT hamper the peace negotiations. See? Even the taliban understands that all is fair in love and war.

Not to mention ruining their own lives

I doubt their lives will be ruined by THIS incident. What they have experienced in combat will have a much greater, adverse impact on their mental and physical health than the hoopla created by whipping out their weiners.

and besmirching the US's international reputation. Again.

Like the world "loves" us already. Personally, I think we should pull our troops out of everywhere, and tell the world to kiss our ass. Someone requests our assistance to further their cause, or settle disputes? "Nope..ain't gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent. Have a good day. Hugs and kisses..." If they insist, we bomb the f*ck out of both sides, call it a day and go home.

Presumably the Afghan soldier is still alive though because the discipline of the French soldiers who captured him prevented them from sinking to his level with some crude retaliatory gesture?

I've tried to find more information on this story online. Not much out there. From what I've read so far, it appears the French and Afghan troops were conducting an off base, joint training exercise. The French were Unarmed, the Afghans apparently WERE. (I can't believe that ANY military over there would be UNarmed, EVER...but, I digress)...

I think he is still alive because the French were UNarmed, NOT because the surviving Frenchmen decided to conduct themselves as gentlemen. Attacker probably ran out of bullets, and got hauled off by fellow Afghans before anyone else could get to him. I believe he is in Afghan custody now. Gosh, I hope he doesn't accidently get the opportunity to "escape".

I'll betcha EVERY one of those French soldiers would have given their left nut to have had a (as one poster in this thread described) -"backwoods bubbas with their jacked up pickup trucks, gun wracks, ignorant, illiterate, hip-hop rappin' sagging-ass pants ... most who can't get a job and if they do get one, they can't keep it without constant surveillance" ARMED and on site when this incident went down. The casualty count would have been significantly LESS, and the PoF uberPC would have a reason to start another "those damn knuckle draggin backwoods bubbas beschmirched us AGAIN" thread.

Different ROE or not, the article you cite has a US serviceman firing on unarmed people who are trying to evacuate an injured man.

The servicemen fired on and disabled the TRACTOR. No additional personnel were injured in the execution of that objective.
Do you realize how much EASIER it would have been to just blow the whole frickin bunch AND the tractor to smithereens?

The Geneva Convention kind of frowns on things like that, and that's without even considering they were teenagers.

Teenagers can make you JUST as dead as say....an old bat like me.

And I would say the same if it had been my daughter ... who BTW served honorably as an officer in the Middle East.

You only know what your daughter wants you to know. Most times, what happens over there, stays over there, unless some dumbass videotapes it.

my daughter was proud to serve and she never would have tolerated any such behavior in the troops she commanded.

What branch of service? What specialty? Did/does she have the same mindset as you regarding members of the "Bubba-like" military?

There is a HUGE difference between operating INside the wire vs OUTside of it. Unless she was downrange, in the midst of the ass kickin party...you really don't KNOW what she would have "tolerated".

ALSO, most of the braggarts are the ones who spent their tour of duty INside the wire. Those who experienced the 'real deal' generally don't want to talk about it. Self-adulation is hollow if your soldiers have no faith, trust or confidence in you or your leadership.

and my patients adore me...

aren't most of your patients mental??

That puts me in immediate contact with ex-military personnel who served there and did not lower themselves to such inappropriate behavior.

Again, unless you were THERE, you have no clue how these individuals performed under pressure. Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see. You've heard that before.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 17 (view)

Jack Lalanne Face exercises...
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:27:19 PM

You can not "tighten" muscle, nor will making the muscle stronger change the appearance of your face.

eh....call it what you want.

Facial exercises targeting muscle groups will change the contours and appearance of your face.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 349 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2012 4:56:25 AM
From the Washington Examiner:

Marine's career threatened by controversial rules of engagement

Marine Corps 1st Lt. Joshua Waddell, 25, in Sangin, Afghanistan, is executive officer with the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Corps Regiment, from Twentynine Palms, Calif. (Courtesy photo)Joshua Waddell, a first lieutenant in the U.S. Marines, appeared on his way to a stellar career as an American military officer. The son of a retired Navy SEAL commander, Waddell was awarded a Bronze Star during his first tour of duty in Afghanistan and had returned for a second.
Then he made a decision in combat that military experts say has severely jeopardized his future in the corps.

But some military experts say the black mark on Waddell's record was undeserved, that he and other young American officers are being put in a difficult, if not impossible, situation by unreasonable rules of engagement foisted upon the military by politically sensitive commanders in the Pentagon.

The facts in Waddell's case are spelled out in Marine Corps documents. But how those facts should be interpreted is a matter of heated dispute.

On Nov. 1, Waddell, a 25-year-old executive officer with 3rd Battallion, 7th Marine Corps Regiment, was monitoring a surveillance camera in Sangin, Afghanistan, when he spotted a man who had been identified as a bomb maker working with area insurgents. Two days earlier, a sergeant from India Company had lost both legs and a hand when a bomb detonated in their area of operation. The man spotted on the camera was believed to be responsible.

After receiving permission from his battalion commanders, Waddell ordered Marine snipers to open fire on the man, and he was hit. A group of Afghans rushed to the man, put him on a tractor and attempted to flee. Waddell ordered the snipers to hit the engine block of the tractor, disabling it so the man believed to be a bomb maker would not escape. The tractor was hit but no civilians were injured.

Then, about three weeks later, the civilians who helped remove the wounded man from the area were found to be teenagers.

As a result, Waddell was demoted from executive officer, and the battalion commander, Lt. Col. Seth Folsom, determined he had violated rules of engagement that governed when Marines could fire, and at whom. Folsom said Wadell "is not recommended for promotion" and "in violation of [combat rules] during an engagement." The report stated that "noncombatant local nationals" were in the area of direct fire and that "the engagement resulted in a damaged local national vehicle."

A Marine brigadier general who reviewed the case was sympathetic to Waddell, whom he described as a "superb and heroic combat leader. But the general said the decision on whether Waddell should be promoted was "the commander's prerogative," noting that the battalion commander on the scene had lost "confidence in [Waddell's] abilities."

Marine Maj. Shawn Haney, spokesman for Marine Corps Manpower and Reserve Affairs, said Waddell's fitness report will go before a review board at the time of any promotion "and everything is under scrutiny, so Waddell will have a chance to defend himself against the accusations." Still, Haney conceded, Waddell's fitness reports play a "significant role in future promotions."

The upshot is that Waddell's career has been effectively blunted, his chance for promotion blocked.

Waddell is just one of hundreds of cases of troops who have suffered under stringent rules of engagement, said Jeff Addicott, a former senior legal adviser to U.S. Army Special Forces.

"We have hamstrung our military with unrealistic ROEs that do more harm to our soldiers than the enemy, and now a Marine's career is on the line because he disabled a tractor," Addicott said. "In many ways our military is frozen in fear of violating absurd self-imposed rules on the battlefield, How can you tell if it's a teenager or a man, a farmer or an enemy when you're fighting an insurgency?"

A Marine stationed in Afghanistan who does not know Waddell, but who has operated under the same rules, said, "The rules of engagement are meant to placate [President Hamid] Karzai's government at our expense. They say it's about winning the hearts and minds, but it's not working. We're not putting fear into the enemy, only our troops."

Waddell's father, Mark Waddell, who served more than 25 years in the military and retired as a commander of a Navy SEAL team, said his son and other Americans fighting in Afghanistan are being victimized by these rules.

"I feel what's happened to my son is a complete betrayal, and he isn't the only one," said Waddell, of Fort Worth, Texas. "Josh is a hero. We expect them to go out and make instantaneous combat decisions, then we Monday-morning quarterback their decisions. It's an outrage."

All you armchair PC "warriors" should be turning cartwheels over this situation..

In case y'all didn't get the memo...war is already a royal pain in the ass. When f*cked up ROE is added to the mix.... it damn near ruins the party.

US video ‘behind’ French troops deaths
An Afghan soldier who shot dead four French troops has said he did it because of a recent video showing US Marines urinating on the dead bodies of Taliban insurgents, security sources told AFP.

Didn't read the article, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the Afghan soldier's loyalties are questionable. I'm surprised he is still alive.

The attack on the soldiers, who were unarmed, came on Friday at a base in eastern Afghanistan and left 15 other French troops wounded, eight of them seriously.

Attacking the UNarmed is par for the course, no? Appears they operate under different ROE.

Ms Cheevious
Msg: 23 (view)

Proper etiquette for turning down a woman I like
Posted: 1/2/2012 6:13:43 AM
Here is my take on the situation -

when 'A' cancelled our second date by stating that she needed some time to herself. After a few days had passed, I assumed that she wasn't interested--

Woman A met HER man B at approximately the same time she met you, aka man A. She kept you on the hook while she pursued man B... the "needed time to herself" bit.

Man B didn't work out, and now woman A is returning to the fall back guy, man A. Hence, her sudden reappearance and renewed interest.

I didn't tell her anything in response except to ask her to get back to me when she had a better idea regarding her schedule and availability--

If she hasn't gotten back with you YET, perhaps man C, D and E are in the scenario... You see where I'm going with this?

You don't owe her a long, drawn out explanation of your change of heart. Y'all didn't commit to each other. SHE left YOU flapping in the breeze while she enjoyed her "me time". Surely she didn't expect you to sit around twiddling your thumbs.

Next time she contacts you, be honest and tell her you've met someone else. She doesn't really have a leg to stand on if she decides to throw a hissy fit. As they say, doo-doo occurs....and then you die...in 353 days, according to the Mayan calendar.

maybe I ought to have asked to speak to her right then on the phone (we usually exchange texts to work around her busy schedule).

FYI - NO ONE is that freaking busy to not have the time for a quick phone call. Hell, it takes me longer to slam out a text message than to hit "dial".
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 51 (view)

Casino Bus driver gone wild.../UPDATE
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:08:12 PM

Wow, I'd just crack open my cooler and offer him a beer. With a beer in one hand, the steering whell in another he'd have a hard time talking on a cell.

He can steer with his knees and elbows, silly.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 156 (view)

Did the congressman just say Michelle Obama has a FAT A$$?
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:57:00 PM

Again, the best information available, but according to whom...... vegetarians, ovo-lacto's, the no white flour crowd............... They ALL have experts that say that THEIR way is the best. So, how do you pick the "best"?

Paul K

We get our information from Michelle Obama! SHE tells us the "best" way.

Haven't you been paying attention???
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 49 (view)

Casino Bus driver gone wild.../UPDATE
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:31:21 PM

oh i can see the speed limit cuz the bus has an electronic thing up front & mounted high that tells what it is...

So use your cell phone to snap pics of old boy speeding and yakking on his cell phone.

Send the pics to THESE guys -

As part of the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is the bus and truck safety Agency for interstate travel. One of our missions is to reduce roadway injuries and fatalities involving motorcoaches. We issue, administer, and enforce FMCSA regulations and commercial regulations that apply to commercial motor vehicles.

see, THAT wasn't so damn hard, was it?
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2011 2:07:56 PM

vvvv Obama isn't preaching about foods that are illegal anyway. vvvvv

Greasy french fries, fatty hot chicken wings and sug­ary deep-fried Snickers bars are what Dean said she likes to eat.

Ms Deen went on to say Ms O ate more than ANY guest she has ever had on her show...even chowed down during the commercial breaks.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 133 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2011 1:17:43 PM

If you are talking the German hollow chocolate eggs with the toy inside, I bought some not too long ago, from a site in Texas.

my bad......you are correct. I just checked their site, they no longer sell them. Must have been a change within the last couple years. Its a USA thing. They still sell them in Germany.

Congratulations citizen you just broke the law.

Good! I can take THAT off my "things to do before I die" list now.

Edit for below -

If I kill a sheep, clean it's innards, stuff them into the stomach and toss into a pot of boiling water I'm hearing that I am a criminal?

Yes, and now that we have "outed" ourselves, we must do the right thing and turn ourselves in.

"Whatcha in for kid???"

"um.. possession of boiled sheep guts and hollow chocolate eggs with little toys inside."

Others will tremble in fear. We will be the baddest (but not biggest) asses in the joint.

Ms Cheevious
Msg: 126 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2011 12:55:32 PM

Grandmabooboo - It IS the "business" of government (we the PEOPLE) to control what people eat. SINCE....as yet, it's not politically correct to 1) deny them health insurance; 2) charge them a premium for their poor lifestyle habits that make the cost of their health care MORE expensive, an expense that is directly passed on to consummers of normal weight.

SMOKING is a poor lifestyle habit too....correct?? So the above would apply to YOU too, right??

Hypocrites, yagotta love em!

Kinder Eggs

If you are talking the German hollow chocolate eggs with the toy inside, I bought some not too long ago, from a site in Texas.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 24 (view)

Jokes for Jokers
Posted: 12/28/2011 3:08:19 PM
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE...as written by Chemical Engineers

532.35 cm3 gluten
4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
4.9 cm3 refined halite
236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
236.6 cm3 de-encapsulated legumemeats (sieve size #10)

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 BTU/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two, and three with constant agitation.

In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous.

To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1.

Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm).

Heat in a 460K oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS,21, 55), or until golden brown.

Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 55 (view)

Training and relationships x
Posted: 12/28/2011 6:16:14 AM

Long distance running will make your butt droop and leave you with hip, knee, and ankle joint problems in older age. This is a proven scientific fact. It is one of the unhealthiest things people can do.

I've been a runner for 36 years. Guess I better cease immediately, lest I give new meaning to the term "dragging ass".
For several years after I joined the military...we ran in BOOTS...not specially designed footwear for runners.
I mix running with powerwalks, using 5lb ankle weights.
So far, NO problems with my butt, knees or ankles.
I'm 56. How much older do I have to get before I see these problems you mentioned??
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2011 5:20:57 AM

if she did not have excess FAT her Butt wouldn't be as big,..

Perfect example..... Jennifer Hudson's weight loss.

There's a cultural "knowledge" that "bootie" is more associated with black women than with other women. In other words, there's a certain kind of "ass" that "we" all "know" a black woman is more likely to have than a white woman--and it tends to be "larger" than a white woman's ass, with respect to the rest of a given woman's anatomy.

How many fat assed women do you see in Ethiopia?

As a born and raised southerner, I've heard these kinds of comments made about blacks my entire life.

I wasn't born or raised the South, lived here on and off since the mid 70's. I haven't heard so many of these type comments. Perhaps you and I run in different quality social circles. I tend to limit my associations to those who don't have their head up their ass. My black friends and white friends (some who could possibly be described as "redneck") freely intermingle at our get togethers.

I often hang out with black women. Their type humor (straight up, tell it like it is) is more in line with mine. I HAVE heard black women diss other black women...which brings me back to the question I asked YOU a few pages back. ...

Had a BLACK made the same comment about Mrs. Obama, IS IT STILL RACIST??? You've GOT to know the hypocrisy of the divine Mrs. M was not lost on them.

Lemme guess, you whined and complained this much about Laura Bush forcing you to READ, right? Of course you did.

Laura Bush wasn't a closet illiterate.

And....you saw her "always stuffing her face with one kind or other of fattening, unhealthy food" when?

Google "photos of Michelle Obama stuffing her face". While you're at it, google Paula Deen's comments about Mrs O.

She's the First Lady of the United States of America, a position which brings her under a quite unusual level of scrutiny.

So you have to wonder....if this type of snarf fest goes on in PUBLIC, imaging the feeding frenzy that goes on behind closed doors.

Taking diet and nutrition advice from Mz O would be comparable to taking woodcutting advice from a guy with 7 fingers.

OTHER than the fact that she'd prefer children (an appalling number of which are obese in this country) to eat fruit rather than Big Macs.

While SHE prefers Big Macs..or it's equivalent. Ergo, the hypocrisy.

There are an appalling number of obese ADULTS in this country...in case you hadn't noticed.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 71 (view)

Posted: 12/26/2011 5:12:31 PM
Man..some y'all trippin..........and trippin HARD...

A thread which started -

He told the woman that Michelle should practice what she preaches — “she lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself.”

has now morphed into -

So when a pasty large diametered white politician starts ranting that an UN-obese black woman is overweight and has a fat ass that she doesn't have, it's pure, unadultrated racism.

And using your twisted logic -

Ergo, by criticizing her "fat" ass--which doesn't really exist--the man was drawing attention to something ABOUT Michelle Obama--her blackness--in a denigrating way.

So, by criticizing Sensenbrenner's "pasty" complexion - the man was drawing attention to something ABOUT Sensenbrenner - his whiteness- in an denigrating way.

Ergo, THIS individual is a RACIST.

and quite large black woman, Serena Williams...

On THIS thread, according to subject matter (ahem)... experts - "large"= obese, fat, fat ass, and is considered, pure unadulterated, whistle blowing racism - IF used in describing a black woman.

Ergo, YOU are a RACIST!!!

Slamming Christy or Sensenbrenner is "critical thinking"....and therefore..all good

Michelle Obama is a tad strident about the exercise and nutrition Big Nanny stuff

Yes she is, and this is why when you KNOW you are under the microscope, it is NOT a good idea to be seen and photographed in public hoovering up everything in sight. (Careful now... saying "Big Nanny". It could be construed as suggesting Mrs. Obama is not only a manatee, but is also only fit for employment as a nursemaid... )

but there is no reason to personally attack them (nor any other politician) for their physical attributes.

I agree, and had the Congressman made comment along the lines of "ass like two bears fighting in a gunny sack" or "ass two axehandles broad", etc.. those are without a doubt a PERSONAL attack, but NOT a RACIAL attack. In this case, Sensenbrenner would be inviting critiques of his OWN physique, and rightly so.

To say "she has large posterior herself" to bring attention to what to some appears to be a "eat as I say, not as I eat" philosophy on the part of Mrs. Obama is what the Congressman was addressing. It was an observation, not a personal or racial "attack". No one besmirched her gluteus maximus or suggested she change her name to MOOchelle or Miche -LIN.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 12/25/2011 4:49:25 PM
Ooops, sorry 'bout that, Vlad. I was not addressing you in that post, but rather another poster who used your name in his post.
I should have edited out your name before hittin the blast off button. My apologies for any confusion.

I get nada for my ramblings but I do get the joy of pissing off the holier than thou

And you do a DAMN fine job of it!

Carry on..
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 12/25/2011 2:43:48 PM
hindsight being 20/20 and all....I'm sure the good Congressman now regrets making such an asinine comment.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 12/25/2011 12:48:58 PM
OMG, you two....making the Obamas the butt of your jokes! There is a special place in hell for people like you!!!

Vlad, I haven't seen anyone criticize Palin for her looks, purely because she's an idiot.

Palin is not an idiot, she is an opportunist.

She has NO intention of running for Prez. She NEVER did. She knows she hasn't the IQ, guts, or stamina for the job. She quit Alaska. She would quit the COUNTRY when the going got rough, i.e. - broke a nail, bad hair day, etc.... or $he found a more lucrative pro$pect $omewhere.....

The "fire in her belly" of which she speaks is probably indigestion. She should get that looked at.

Palin gets $100k++ a pop for her inane ramblings. How much do you get for YOURS??

Show ALL Forums