Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: starting to give up with dating.... =O
 dizzle64
Msg: 11 (view)

starting to give up with dating.... =O
Posted: 8/17/2009 10:11:41 AM
you have to get off of the computer bro! Online dating sites should only be another tool in your toolbox when it comes meeting interesting women. If I relied only on online dating I would have given up along time ago and went into hiding from the stalkers/crazies I've met
 trudawg
Msg: 19 (view)

Record time - how much time does it take to catch a fish?
Posted: 4/20/2009 12:16:24 PM
I wouldn't care if the ratio is 100 to 1, I'm not jumping through hoops for ANY women that i don't KNOW. I have just as much to offer and give as anyone else, and feel as though I'm just an equual catch as the next person. Now if I did find someone with all the personality traits and qualities that I look for then yes of course I would do my best to attract them. But without knowing this about someone there is no way I'm going to lay out the red carpet for someone who could very well turn out to be dragon in disguise.
 trudawg
Msg: 7 (view)

Record time - how much time does it take to catch a fish?
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:16:37 AM
I love how ALL the burdens of expectations are placed on the MEN.........LOL. Do we really have to put in ALL that work, just to find a decent women?? What repsonsibility do women have to bear??
 trudawg
Msg: 2 (view)

Is there too much competition on dating web sites
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:47:45 AM
YES there is entirely too much competition on dating sites, and unfortunately it's always skewed in the womens favor, but that's not much different than normal life, where as you (as a man) are expected to seek, approach, and whoo a women for courtship. You just have to step your game up, and think outside the box. If you have a defeated attitude then that's exactly what'll you be
 trudawg
Msg: 69 (view)

Honest Opinion Needed
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:36:59 AM
Sounds like you got your NEEd fulfilled, so I don't see how you got PLAYED
 trudawg
Msg: 6 (view)

starting a new relationship
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:33:02 AM
The problem is IMO is that this site is FREE, and attracts people who put minimum effort into things. Try one of the pay sites, where everyone who's there has at least put some thought, and effort into their reasons for being there, other than the fact that its FREE!
 trudawg
Msg: 82 (view)

Do you snoop on the one you like/love?
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:26:37 AM
I have NEVER, and will NEVER go through someone's phone or personal belongings, yet women do that shish ALL the time, and everytime they look they find what they were looking for. My response is GOOD, you shouldn't be snooping around in the first place. I just don't get it! If you feel like you need snoop, then that signals to me that this may not be the relationship for you/me
 trudawg
Msg: 3 (view)

1st date
Posted: 4/14/2009 8:21:43 AM
LOL, when i read breakfast dates I thought WTF?, but that makes perfect sense for an older generation who tend to get out and about early in the morning.
Keep at it playa!
 trudawg
Msg: 4 (view)

When it's good it's The BEST, but when its bad it's the WORST?
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:44:16 AM
Okay I know it's possible, because i've lived it, but what I'm saying is doesn't the negative and positive aspects cancel each other out, thus making the relationship null and void.
What would you do if you were in a situation like this?
 trudawg
Msg: 26 (view)

How many will never marry again and how many change their minds?
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:30:52 AM
I was married, and am now good friends with my ex-wife. Honestly I could never see myself getting legally married again. There is just no point. I really feel like I don't need a piece of paper to legitimize any relationship I choose to be in. I know many people say that, but I really feel that way, and I have been divorced for 4 years now
 trudawg
Msg: 1 (view)

When it's good it's "The BEST", but when its bad it's the "WORST"?
Posted: 4/10/2009 8:19:49 AM
What do you think about a relationship that when things are going good it's the absolute best thing in life, with the best compatibility. But when things are bad, it feels like the worst possible thing in life you want to be a part of.
Is that even possible?
 trudawg
Msg: 448 (view)

Men who arrive for the 1st date with a rose.....do women like it?
Posted: 4/9/2009 4:06:02 PM
Personally I think that would be some Corny @ss sh1t to do....lol
I can see if maybe we had established a really good connection first, but naw I wouldn't go for that. Now if I was invited over I usually bring a bottle of nice wine or bottle of quality spirits if she drinks
 trudawg
Msg: 254 (view)

Racism in Dating
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:52:22 AM
Honestly I rarely contact women outside my race on dating sites (actually I rarely conact anyone), unless they specify they are attracted to B.M, or other indicators such as bi-racial children or whatever.
Now.....having said that! There really isn't very many black women on this site compared to other races, so you almost have no choice.
Dating sites are a womens market due to the fact that men always outnumber women, sometimes as much a 10 to 1
 trudawg
Msg: 9 (view)

First date with an entourage of girl friends
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:18:05 AM
It might be because she didn't wish to leave her comfort zone to meet up with a virtual stranger. How much rapport did you guys have before agreeing to meet? Personally I would have opted out, and maybe gotten to know her better then re-approached the meeting idea. But then again I'm a friendly crazy guy that everyone loves and I probably would have enjoyed working the crowd lol
 trudawg
Msg: 2948 (view)

GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:07:38 PM
if your as old as I am, and haven't been in a relationship long enough to have intimate relations then IMHO that person may be a few fries short of a happy meal. I'm not saying it's impossible, just not plausible.
 trudawg
Msg: 76 (view)

Going out by yourself.
Posted: 9/16/2008 2:58:51 PM
chesher........c'mon man it's never that bad! You need to re-frame that into the right frame of mind.......Here's what you really meant to say:

"I've been dining out, Traveling and being entertained in Solo for the past 30 years, because I'm secure and happy with myself, I'm my best friend, and as of now I know of no-one that loves life as much as I do.
So I shall continue on with my life till my path crosses with someone that is headed in the same direction as me and we may take it together"
 trudawg

the ex fiance wants to hang out...
Posted: 9/16/2008 2:45:03 PM
sometimes times get hard, and easier to deal with someone who you already know (is crazy) then having to be surprised by someone new over and over again......lol
 trudawg
Msg: 74 (view)

Going out by yourself.
Posted: 9/16/2008 2:35:01 PM
I go out alone ALL the time, but honestly it's only for certain personality types. You can mentality over-come this with a little work, and mental exorcises. In fact I loved going out alone because it forced me to interact and socialize, or I'd be standing there alone looking like an A$$.
It did wonders for my social life!
 trudawg
Msg: 32 (view)

Ending Relationships
Posted: 9/16/2008 2:27:48 PM
right.....right.......I can honestly say that was some real talk coming out of Kyn, and she definately keeps it consitant. I made a similar post awhile back about coming across some very overly aggressive women on POF that I over-classified as stalkers, and she basically went after me saying it was MY fault and that I led them on, one night standed them and so forth and so on. Problem was how in the hell would she possibly have any clue what I did or didn't do in MY situation....lol (way off subject I know)
We did our share of going back n forth but I respect her opinion, and certainly hope she respects my P.O.V.
But honestly with the exception of her post and partly yours I think the women jumped on the bandwagon and wanted to burn this guy at the stake!
 trudawg
Msg: 29 (view)

Ending Relationships
Posted: 9/16/2008 1:56:46 PM
I love hearing all the women talk of restraining orders, he's definate pyscho, protect your family etc...........LOL
Has anyone asked the OP if she has been clear about her intentions from the start, or was this just a hop on for the ride and see where it takes us kinda deal?
Psycho's come in all different packages both men and women!
 trudawg
Msg: 21 (view)

Crunchy, Cheesy Chicken Wings
Posted: 8/20/2008 9:53:59 PM
Dave!!

sounds carb conscience friendly to me!! Will definately try it out
 trudawg
Msg: 58 (view)

If kids come first, are you willing to come second?
Posted: 6/20/2008 9:43:29 AM
i just ended a relationship with someone who was near and dear to me, but was very jealous of other things in my life. And when my kids came to stay with me for the summer that trend carried over. Now of course she would never admit or probably doesn't even feel as though she's jealous of my kids, but I could tell, and I wasn't okay with that. In fact it was deal breaker when she said "I don't think you can do both" meaning her and my kids like somehow I was supposed to choose. Loved her to death, but I'm sorry I don't roll like that. My kids will ALWAYS come first in my life.

I have no problem coming second to someones kids, because I know how it is!
 trudawg

Do you trust your pet's judgement on your dates?
Posted: 6/20/2008 8:36:37 AM
PROOF THAT THERE ARE TRULY DISTURBED PEOPLE STILL OUT THERE ON THE DATING SCENE!!
LOL.....ACTUALLY I TEND TO STAY AWAY FROM WOMEN/ CATS. THEY JUST USUALLY SEEM WIERD
 trudawg
Msg: 53 (view)

Woman won't give out number but asks for yours.
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:42:33 AM
Definately a blow off, we all get em from time to time, I usually refuse as well and politely excuse myself
 trudawg
Msg: 6 (view)

Next move or checkmate?
Posted: 6/16/2008 9:32:16 AM
You people are so cynical! Funny how most people rush to judge somone after reading one side of the story!
OP.......calm down take a chill pill. It's easy to for two people to get carried away and loose themselves in the moments when you meet someone new. Give him some space, he's probably just busy like he told you.
 trudawg

Summer Day Camps for the kids
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:41:46 AM
Just wanted to share a couple things with the other single parents out there, as I summer is here and school is out, you should try and keep your kids busy, and stimulate their mind, and keep them exorcised. I live in AZ so the Summer is a time to stay indoors so kids tend to get a little lazy.
My boys go to day camp at the boys and girls club, it's all summer long, they do tons of activities, and it's only like $40 a week! The YMCA also offers a day-camp, where your child can learn to swim and do various other activities, and also the Salvation army a summer day-camp as well for little or no cost.
 trudawg
Msg: 13 (view)

When do you get over your kids living w/ another man/women?
Posted: 6/4/2008 1:09:29 PM
thanks for the encouraging words!

I should clarify that do not talk to my chidren on a daily basis just to remind them who their dad is. I talk to them everynight before they go to bed because we miss each other, and it's the best we can do right now. I need to be in their lives on a daily basis at any form, and vice versus. They have trouble sleeping if they dont' talk to me, just as I use to read them bedtime stories everynight for 8 years. We both (all) have gotten used to the bedtime routine.
 trudawg
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 6/4/2008 6:39:25 AM
As I stated before it's just not that simple as moving back or closer. Not having a job is only ONE factor. My boys are 9 years old right now and me and their mother have agreed that when they turn 11 they can choose who they want to live with, so I have agreed not to go through a custody battle, and accept the limited time I have untill then. Don't know about you, but I grew up with BOTH parents in the house and couldn't fathom for one second what it would be like to not be able to see one of my parents or have a step parent. All I can go by is the WAY I FEEL. I'm not biatching one bit! Just highly frustrated having been in my kids life constantly since the day they were born, and now not being able to see them when I want.
 trudawg
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2008 6:32:38 AM
Great advice ~Kyn~!!...........really all of you guys, but kyn I've never thought of it that way. Thank you it really helped!
 trudawg
Msg: 21 (view)

Custody and a new relationship
Posted: 5/30/2008 12:15:19 PM
with all due respect tell your current b/f to kick rocks!
and you should to for even contiplating this!
 trudawg

Posted: 5/30/2008 12:12:19 PM
My ex-wife has been dating a guy for awhile, since we split really 2+ years, and initially we agreed that we would keep our kids seperate from our dating life. As her relationship became more serious that changed for her (understandably), and now she is planning on moving in w/ him.
Problem for me is I'm 2000 miles away and only get to see my kids once every 6 weeks and summers. I have been my kids rock in thier life from the day they were born. It tears me up to think of some other man spending more time with my kids than I can. Taking them places, doing things with them! It furiates me acutally! It would be so much easier I guess If lived in the same state. I would move back if I could, but I can't there are no jobs there! I've debated back and forth about custody/parenting time change, but in all honestly the shoe would just be on the other foot at some point!
I'm so frustrated. I talk to them everynight, and remind them over and over again that I love them, and I'm their only dad. I believe they know this, but the time with them that I don't have is whats getting to me
 trudawg
Msg: 25 (view)

Your Most Romantic Date Ever
Posted: 5/30/2008 12:04:36 PM
never really been on a date
 trudawg
Msg: 75 (view)

Do you care about finances when dating?
Posted: 5/30/2008 12:03:09 PM
Naw not at ALL!

The sky is the limit as to what a women wants to spend on me on the first fewe dates!
 trudawg
Msg: 122 (view)

Stalkers? How many have you gotten from POF?
Posted: 5/30/2008 8:24:25 AM
LOL.......sanchezzz Did my profile somehow strike a nerve deep within you?

Honestly what does attacking me for sharing my experiences, and asking for others to share thiers do?
 trudawg
Msg: 79 (view)

Have you ever dated someone with psychotic behaviours?
Posted: 5/22/2008 8:31:34 AM
yea this one chic would send me text if I didn't reply to her right away saying things like "I hate you, lose my number you're the scum of the earth" Then later in the day would get something like "Please ignore my previous text, and call me" LOL
Needless to say I never called or text back
 trudawg
Msg: 105 (view)

Posted: 5/22/2008 8:07:40 AM
Guess I must have shot myself in the foot on this one, because it got really bad, really fast after posting this thread. Got death threats against a lady friend of mines and her small children. Relentless taunting texts to me and a female friend of mine, so much so had to change my number. All from this little fishy I met here on POF. She started out so normal too, I really thought we were just friends. I'm sure your' reading this, and I want you to know you that the authorities have your information! (I don't take threats lightly)
 trudawg
Msg: 1061 (view)

Why men don't date strong women...
Posted: 5/1/2008 7:46:50 AM
I love strong women! But I also like women who know how to be a lady, and enjoy being treated like one. I'm not intimidated by a head-strong women one bit. In fact I think it takes a strong man to challenge a strong women. Unless of course she likes whimps and likes to be the dominant one.

**Now let's get back on subject**
 trudawg

Posted: 4/25/2008 6:49:45 AM
~Kyn~

It's obvious that you didn't read most of the replies on this thread if any, including mine where I clarified my over-use of the word stalker, and you quickly spat off your incoherent response. Why are you so concerned about me and my self importance? Honestly any issue involving my life is important to me whether it's what pair of socks to put on in the morning or which route to take to work. If my experiences with "relentless individuals" from P.O.F wasn't important to you then MTFO and don't bother giving me or anyone else your .2 cents. I asked people to share their story and offered up my experiences plain and simple. If you have an experience from POF then share it with the rest of the class, instead of attacking me and telling me how unimportant my life experiences are to YOU......lol
So with all due respect....................."kick rocks"
 trudawg
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2008 2:22:25 PM
k-lo .........................but why is it automatically assumed? I didn't draw that conclusion about the lady who's stalker showed up on the camping trip, Nor did I assume that Indigo rose slept with her internet wierdo!.....................is it just assumed because I'm a guy? ...........and of course all men are dawgs and hey MUST have slept with her and never called her back.....lol (that's not fair)
 trudawg
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 4/24/2008 2:04:23 PM
~Kyn~.........................Where in my post did I ever say that blew someone off without telling them?? I love how you make judgments, and come to conclusions about what happened between me and someone else that I would go so far as to label as a stalker (aka a few french fries short of a happy meal). As I said in my previous post I can understand how the term "stalker" can be over-used therefore diluting it, but regardless I would classify these individuals as absolutely relentless and refusing to take NO for an answer. So with all due respect "YOU get a grip"

dirtydeeds101...............Yes Indeed I said I wasn't INTERESTED

cotter....................What difference does it make if my profile says "hang out" Wouldn't that invoke just the opposite reaction from people instead of someone thinking that you are their "soul mate" and doesn't care how you feel about it?
..............and for the record I never ever not once said in my post that I slept with either of these women. Why would that automatically be assumed??
 trudawg

Posted: 4/23/2008 11:01:42 AM
LOL.......@ message #8

......and I agree K-lo you are a very optimistic person, and stalker is an over-used term. I guess the term "RELENTLESS" would better describe some people.
But for the most part if someone is interested they would let it be known, and if not I don't pursue things any further. I thought most people in general thought that way
 trudawg
Msg: 24 (view)

How long before sending a second email?
Posted: 4/23/2008 10:00:16 AM
Just get over it, and MTFO. I rarely contact women on POF or any site for that matter. Most are so used to getting swamped with email that they classify you as just another chump trying to get some or something. Others just are geniunely not attracted to you, and feel that there is no need to respond. It happens get over it
 trudawg

Posted: 4/23/2008 9:54:24 AM
I'm sure the women might be able to outnumber the guys here. But I'd like to hear your stalker stories and what you've done about them?
I've had a couple, and just can't seem to shake them, they lie dormant for awhile then like clock-work re-appear out of the blue like nothing has ever happened and we're long lost buddies! At first I would just delete the number from my phone, but then I would forget the number and mistkanely answer the phone. So now I change the name to stalker1, stalker3 and so on.
It's not just POF though, I've met crazies in real life as well. Sometimes I think at my age all the GOOD ones are taken, and all that's left out there are the ones that don't get picked and nobody wants. Sorta like the kids who sucked when you were picking your dodge-ball teams back in school....lol
 trudawg
Msg: 19 (view)

Does anyone really date anymore?
Posted: 4/18/2008 1:12:54 PM
I've never been on a date before
 trudawg

Traditional Man in a new world
Posted: 1/21/2008 11:12:07 PM
Nothing wrong with being a traditional man, as long as you don't expect a women to be barefoot and pregnant most of the town.
I always open doors, I even open the car door (always)
I love to cook for a women, and make drinks!!....lol
I hate chores, though, I have a cleaning lady that comes in and takes care of me, instead of women I'm in a relationship with. Being single has its perks and drawbacks
I pay for dinner, if she pays for dessert, or something to that affet. I refuse to supplicate to women who wish to get free meals.
I will show up with a gift out of the blue, just out of appreciation, it's usually something cute and pertains to her likes or something she mentioned earlier
good post OP
 trudawg
Msg: 33 (view)

I am noticing a trend in women over 30
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:33:04 PM
Women nowadays know exactly what they want, and aren't as inhibited to go get it!
 trudawg
Msg: 24 (view)

Another Party???
Posted: 8/1/2007 9:16:46 AM
Yea the East-Side seems like that is the default area for everyone! C'mon People I live near the NEW Scottsdale.......aka Glendale......Whoop Whoop........LMAO
But seriously downtown is ideal. Just pick somewhere and get it overwith. I personally wouldn't mind the same place as before!
Git-R-Done!
 trudawg
Msg: 18 (view)

YESTERDAY - TODAY - TOMORROW
Posted: 7/17/2007 4:57:23 PM
yesterday - worked
today - work + class
tomorrow work + class

This weekend I shall return to Oscars & Taylor's in Scottsdale. I had a great time, and met some great people!
<========It should be a crime to look so good!!!
 trudawg

Scottsdale Party at the North
Posted: 7/17/2007 4:45:39 PM
I had a good time even though I didn't get a chance to meet very many people. I actually ran into some friends of mine, and ended up cutting the party short. Everyone seemed cool for the most part. Wouldn't mind hanging out again, because Phoenix has been very boring for me since I got here.
.....and Inkwell, Yes Brian is a very cool cat, for whom I have alot of respect for, and no doubt would be someone I would hang with again in the future. Hope you didn't feel like anyone left you guys hanging, but it was a get-together not a hosted party.
-Dawg-
 trudawg
Msg: 16 (view)

Instead of Hello, endless email JOKES?
Posted: 6/28/2007 2:46:46 AM
i think the OP didn't realize that the emails were probably sent to everyone in his address book, and was actually vain enough to think that he was personally sending HER the emails....lol
Can it be annoying yes, my mom sends me like 5 email jokes a day. If I'm bored I read them, if I'm busy at work I just delte them. I didn't have the heart to tell her, to stop sending me this Shit....lol

Show ALL Forums