Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Doctor Philip Nitschke -The Right to Die
 qldblue
Msg: 3 (view)

Doctor Philip Nitschke -The Right to Die
Posted: 9/18/2014 7:43:35 AM
I will look at that small glimmer of hope and go for it but that is me.

However is it humane to dope someone up on painkillers to the point that they have no idea of what is going on around them?

We hear so much about life qualitity but at what point do we also say that's it?

I believe that this question will be debated by people for a long time to come with no real definitive answer becoming clear because on this topic it is debated mainly on religious dogma rather than on rationality, I am not saying that I believe one way or the other because everyone who has a terminal illness will make their own minds up.

With this question I believe it should be decided by the individual on a case by case basis and I also believe that doctors should be able to inform the person with words that are in plain language that is understandable by the individual at a time when the individual has full faculities.
 qldblue
Msg: 114 (view)

LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 1/6/2014 4:24:52 AM
Having just looked at your profile Katty, your stated age is 32 and you are in the hospitality industry.

Working 50+ hours a week is really nothing out of the norm for most chefs.

I used to work some weeks anywhere between 70 to 80 hours a week.

How many more years do you think that you can keep putting those hours in before you have started to destroy your health?

Some places pay their chefs a good wage whilst other places pay a pittance and no I am not attacking you personally but I am highlighting a side of being a chef that not everyone sees.

Whether you want kids or not is really an irrelevent statement as you can control that.

There are 168 hours in a week, take in to account that you are willing to work at least 50 hours/ week , so that leaves 118 hours left, we cannot forget travel time and I am guessing with you living in a suburb of Melbourne so you could be travelling at least 2 hours/ day = 10 hours/ week which now leaves a total of 108 hours/ week, you add in 49 hours for sleep, that leaves 59 hours/ week, then there is time spent doing other things like shopping, showering etc which could reduce your available hours for your partner and you to be together down to 48 hours/ week.

That gives you 2 full days per week to be with a partner but only if you have a partner who either works the same hours as you.

My point here is that having an idea of how many hours a person needs to work for another to be interested in them as a partner has it's flaws especially when you consider that one of the major reasons for couples to split is the amount of hours one partner spends at work.

Time together does help to build a long term relationship and if one of the couple earns sufficient money to sustain a modest lifestyle for both of them then that should suffice.

I do understand the pitfalls of being a chef and as we both know there aren't that mahy chef positions available for us to lead a normal life, normal in this case means a lifestyle that is the same as 90% of the workforce.

I am lucky in the sense that I am semi retired and I can pick and choose who I work for and when I want to work and givem my lifestyle and disregarding my age, I don't meet your criteria for hours to be worked.

A person on benefits may not be on benefits because they are unemployed but could be on benefits for other reasons and there are people like me who are not on benefits and yes they are a lot younger than me.
 qldblue
Msg: 21 (view)

Why play a dating game
Posted: 10/18/2013 8:35:39 AM
A large number of people confuse their wants with their needs.

Realistically do we need one person in our lives or do we want one person in our lives?

Do we want our freedom or do we need our freedom ?

If we were to ask ourselves some honest questions of ourselves and to give ourselves honest answers we may find that our needs are small but our wants are huge.

I have pondered that question myself and I have come to an honest answer.

I really do not need a significant other in my life BUT I do want a significant other that I can show her the things that I like and want to share with.

Whether that person wants to share the things they want to do or like to share the things that she like all comes down to what we want and like as human beings sharing the good times and the bad.

The thing to remember is that we all have to be realistic in our expectations.
 qldblue
Msg: 112 (view)

LOW INCOME EARNERS
Posted: 10/18/2013 8:16:00 AM
I have to agree with me old mate Tinapenny, it takes time and effort to forge a good long term relationship.

It isn't an easy road but the rewards are wonderful, that is until the grandkids start invading the bed with the easily played grandparents.

Too many people place too great an emphasis on the materialistic items and not enough emphasis on a relationship.

As long as you have enough money to pay the bills and to put a bit aside to build a nest egg then that is all you need.

No-one has to splash cash around to show their love and affection so money is not the most important thing in a relationship but it does come in handy when you gotta buy the flowers and chocolates for when your in trouble.

I very rarely took my wife out for dinner on special occassions but we did have some great dinners that I would make for her.
 qldblue
Msg: 3 (view)

Confused and Bewildred... please help!
Posted: 9/25/2013 4:23:22 AM
In answer to most of the questions you have asked, their is a very simple answer, an answer you have probably already guessed at but here it is anyway; HE IS NOT COMMITTING HIMSELF TO YOU AT ALL.

So if he isn't committing himself to you then you owe him nothing and he obviously has taken the steps to part ways with you.

Do not find excuses for him nor should you show him any respect as he quite plainly has no respect for you.

I do however have a question or 2 for you.
1) How much respect do you have for yourself?
If you have any respect for yourself, then bite the bullet, kick him to the kerb, dust yourself off and move on.
2) Do you commit so readily?
Take the time in future to build a relationship, from the way you have stated, "You became smitten with him really fast and he was everything you never knew you wanted"
Were you really in love with the guy or did you allow your hormones and the life clock get ahead of where you are at present.
You are 30 years old going on 14, life moves on and so should you.
At 30 you have another 40- 50 years of life to go, grow up and stop being a giggly teenager, you are a mother now so start teaching your child/ ren that life happens and one must endure the good times and the bad.

My advice is BLUNT and TOUGH but it is the honest advice you asked for.
 qldblue
Msg: 15 (view)

Friend turned into .. ?
Posted: 9/24/2013 4:26:05 PM
I have read nearly all the posts to your question and I have some questions that you may want to ask your friend and yourself.

What do you want from him?

What do you want for yourself?

Where in your life do you want your friend?

Where in his life do you want to be?

Have you tried to sit down with him and talk about the We, where are we heading in this relationship?, what are We wanting from this relationship? and how are We going to make this relationship work?

A good long term relationship whether it be as friends, lovers or partners needs to start out as friends.

The only people who can sort this out are you and your friend and to do this you need to sit down and be honest with yourself, truly honest with yourself because in your posts the clear thing that comes across is the fact that you do have feelings for the guy but what those feelings truly are, well only you can answer that question by being bare naked true to yourself.
 qldblue
Msg: 30 (view)

Syria and Australia ..Active bystanders or grab a .303 lets save the civi'ies
Posted: 8/4/2013 4:21:59 PM
Einstien left Germany because of the Nazi's persecution of Jews, he was part of a group of scientists who worked on the Manhattan Project and his was a small part like most of the other scientists.

Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves to help boost numbers for the Union Forces, Roosevelt's new deal was aimed at getting Whites into employment not Afro- Americans, Teddy Roosevelt's favourite saying when dealing with Foreign Policy was Talk softly but carry a big stick,but they were different times.

In our more highly educated society one would hope that going to war is an outmoded option but it still happens.

To roughly quote Dante, For the last level of hell is reserved for the people who stand by and let the innocents suffer.

Sometimes just sometimes society must take the difficult options to allow other people to have a free life from tyranny, whether we like it or not.
 qldblue
Msg: 422 (view)

Muscular women... Turn-on or off?
Posted: 8/3/2013 6:00:14 PM
When Chyna first appeared yes she was a lot over the top at the beginning of her stint in the WWF/WWE but I would not say she was ugly or gross.
At the end of Chyna's wrestling carreer she was no way near as buff as she was at the start.

In the middle of Chyna's carreer as a wrestler I think that Chyna was the perfect image of what most of us would imagine an Amazon to look like.

Because Chyna had been doing weight lifting long before she became a wrestler then Chyna had the strength too out muscle a lot of guys from the get go.

Unfortunately in Chyna's case and in a lot of women's cases when they over do the body building there are deeper issues involved and according to her biographies, Chyna did have personal issues, one being that the belief that if she could be as big as a guy made the male body builders more attractive to her in her opinion.

Looking with hindsight which is always 20/20, I think that Chyna was a victim of the mentality of making a buck from portraying Chyna as a freak.

As it has been stated in earlier posts that women who overdo the body building to be as big as men are not overly attractive to a fair proportion of men but if the bodybuilding is to sculpture the women into the male thoughts of being an Amazon then that is attractive.

The one thing that a lot of people forget is that if you love someone else then there are other factors to that person apart from the outside wrapping as women also have brains and feelings.

No matter how strong or weak people are, male or female, we all need that one person who will love us for who we are on the inside not just for what we are on the outside.
 qldblue
Msg: 47 (view)

Older womanm by 18 years
Posted: 8/2/2013 1:22:56 AM
I think lostsoul has got her point correct, different age groups have different expectations.

I also think that a lot of peoples expectations are derived from the ever so real life of make believe.

I tend to look around my age group for women as the expectations of a 40 year old are a tad different from a 50 year old as well as throwing into the mix of geographic differences.

But then again there will always be exceptions to the rules.

I have been reading the posts of different people on the forums for about 4 years now and at times I think my expectations of how men and women interact these days are from a by gone era, whatever happened to the part where we took our time in getting to actually know one another before we jump into bed for sex.

By getting to know each other then we can only truly admit to ourselves that the time for sex is when it is right for both participants and not just one.

The OP stated that he know the woman very well and she doesn't like to be pushed but he states that he has been pushing her anyway, that may be a case of what he says he knows but more of a case that he doesn't listen to the woman resulting in the outcome that he doesn't know her because he isn't listening to her, a major problem in itself
 qldblue
Msg: 90 (view)

In all honesty, how important is oral sex?
Posted: 7/30/2013 11:57:39 PM
There are times in a relationship that the giving of oral to a woman is only done because that is all the guy wants to do, there are times that the woman only wants to give oral and nothing else and there are times when oral is both given and received and nothing further happens as well as oral by both lovers is fore play with more delights to follow.

Just because you may want to cuddle into each other in bed naked and drift of to sleep without making love just means that there are times in a relationship that what one partner does, doesn't mean it is compulsory for reciprocal enjoyment.

If your 100% in favour of receiving oral but not giving then IMO you are selfish or as the old saying goes, "Give and you shall Receive"

How important is oral sex?
To me it is part of being involved sexually with my partner so it is another dimension to loving someone and discovering what they like.
 qldblue
Msg: 289 (view)

If you make her cum orally shouldn't she return the favor?
Posted: 7/30/2013 6:19:39 PM
I suppose you could look at the topic's question and decide what your answer/ expectation will be.

My answer is very simple and you can cross out the one that doesn't apply;

A) Do you want just sex?
OR
B) Do you want to make love?

There is a difference
 qldblue
Msg: 89 (view)

What are your fun little dirty little secrets?
Posted: 7/30/2013 6:12:42 PM
I enjoy lightly caressing a woman's body all over, kissing her back and lightly nibbling her but what I enjoy to have done to me well then that is for the woman to discover.

I do want a woman to explore and discover what I like.
 qldblue
Msg: 13 (view)

Threats from partner's child
Posted: 7/23/2013 7:32:00 AM
Regardless of where the mother has gone and who with really isn't the issue.

OP you have said that your SO #1son has made threats to commit crimes against people and property and you don't know what to do and yet your concerned, simple answer speak to your SO and if there is concern from your SO, then take no action.

However if you do feel threatened then do something now.

Plus what others have said.
 qldblue
Msg: 4 (view)

Mum threw out two of my old shower gels HELP
Posted: 7/12/2013 12:27:23 AM
I guess you should be thankful Liz that your mother only threw out your hair products, imagine the explaining you would have to go through if your mother found things you didn't want her to know about.

Things like your collection of riding crops, hand cuffs with the special lining or even your copies of Popular Mechanic magazines.
 qldblue
Msg: 11 (view)

Interesting endings to dates..
Posted: 6/20/2013 3:56:10 AM
Give the poor guy a chance Holly, the guy was on a streak, okay to be fair the streak was a losing one but hey he seemed to be enjoying himself in the demonstration on how to lose on the Pokies, with women and with dating.
With a bit more effort who knows what else he could have lost at.

I am trying not to laugh out loud and disturb my kids from watching their TV shows.
 qldblue
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 6/18/2013 5:45:06 PM
I was never scared of my mother so your solution 3ffy would not work on me or anyone else who have the same situation, however if you threatened me with my Nana then you would see me being stared down and intimidated by a woman who could make me confess to her some of my most embarrassing moments by just looking at me.

I have had teeth filled, teeth pulled out, stitches put in with no painkillers not a problem but have me in front of my Nana and I would turn to a spineless coward.

Nanas are the way to go for world peace.
 qldblue
Msg: 86 (view)

Kevin Rudd!
Posted: 6/17/2013 6:11:54 PM
Gillard tried to play the Sexist card and it appears to have had a negative outcome for her as in a Nillson Poll showed that a lot of males have left the Labor Party.

I am all in favour of women being in high profile positions but my biggest angst is having people in positions that they would never achieve based on their abilities.

This new and ever failing Political Correctness of having a percentage of people who do not have the ability to run a department being placed into positions is causing more problems for the Australia than it is worth.

Yes I have worked with women bosses and some of them have been very good and extremely competent in their roles and I have also had male bosses who really would be hard pushed to tie their own shoelaces with assistance.

Let's be honest and admit whether it was Rudd or someone else, why would they challenge for the leadership of the Australian Labor Party at this point in time when it appears that the Federal Labor Party are doing their utmost to face a drubbing at the next federal election.
 qldblue
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 6/17/2013 5:53:30 PM
There was no Unconditional Surrender by Germany to end the first World War, Germany sued for peace and an Armistice was signed at Versailles.

The conditions that were imposed on Germany at the signing of the Versailles meeting led to Germany having rampant inflation and sowed the seeds for the second World War.

None of us have experienced the feeling of wheeling a wheelbarrow full of money just to buy a loaf of bread and discovering that you still didn't have enough money.
Unfortunately we have governments the world over who see in these situations the chance for propping up their own economies by selling weapons to one side or the other to the detriment of innocent citizens of the strife torn countries.

The League of Nations was a failure because of the differences as to who, how and the why of the member nations and surprise, surprise the United Nations seems to be suffering the same problems.

Einstein left Germany because of the Nazis and was a proponent of Peace but that didn't stop him from being involved in the Manhattan Project.

The Sunni's and the Shi ites lived side by side for hundreds of years in peace with each other until fairly recently because of the extremists.

Hezbollah are very good at inciting violence but members of Hezbollah are never around to do the actual fighting because of their ability to incite the poor and clueless with promises of Paradise for the cannon fodder.

Should Australia enter into the fighting in Syria, No but neither should the governments of USA, Russia, China and the UK, nor any other country be willing to supply arms just to prop up their failing economies.
 qldblue
Msg: 29 (view)

Baby Bonus - GONE !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/10/2013 7:12:27 AM
Pedro is a bit of a stirrer from way back and he is a guy.

Pedro will pick a side and make his comments and those comments will consist of a bit of humour, some tongue in cheek and depending on his mood at the time he will insert some logic.

The baby bonus has been around for a long time under various names but in the end it is a handout to mothers to be used for the children.

Unfortunately over the last 20-30 years it has been used by a lot of parents to buy items that really do not help with the raising of kids.
 qldblue
Msg: 66 (view)

nice guys dont usually approach strong women...why?
Posted: 5/31/2013 6:37:12 PM
I know this is a very old thread but it does make one think and I believe it is as relevant today as it was when it first appeared.

I think some women mistake being strong with being "outspoken" and some women mistake being outspoken as been loud mouthed and nasty.

To me a strong woman is someone who knows what they want, are strong willed but gracious.

As I have seen from experience nice guys do get to a point where they stop approaching women because of the derision they receive from some women, let's face it, no- one likes to be belittled in a room full of strangers for being polite to someone else.

I was working at a function one night and a guy went up to a woman and asked if she would like too dance and her response was very nasty indeed too which this guy quickly replied in a very loud voice, What, how much?, I only asked if you wanted too dance, not sleep with you!

Women can be strong but to be strong does not mean to be nasty as well.

Nice guys can be as strong but generally nice guys don't need to be arrogant with it.
 qldblue
Msg: 153 (view)

Famous movie lines of all times
Posted: 5/26/2013 6:29:14 AM
From the children's movie Short Circuit

Number five is alive
 qldblue
Msg: 14 (view)

Went on a date the other night
Posted: 5/25/2013 4:45:32 PM
Sparks of hope are great but there does seem to be the element of guys who just don't get with the program.

I am truly sorry for the way your daughter has been treated 3ffie, maybe one day these #$%&***** idiots will wake up from their #$%&***@ stupid ass ideas.
How we as parents deal with a no- win situation is something that I believe takes it's toll on us more deeply than we will admit.

I guess that I am lucky in that I can despise the guy but not my daughters and I don't project my feelings onto my grandkids.

I guess we can only hope that one day our children will heed our advice a lot better than we heeded our parents advice overall.

At times being told your HOT and nothing progresses from that is a lot better than being used and discarded.
 qldblue
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 5/25/2013 3:15:26 AM
Sometimes us Guys can be good but alas we on these forums generally only hear about the jerks.

It is good to hear that even Mummy can like a daughter's new boyfriend.
 qldblue
Msg: 15 (view)

Do you want to fall in love again ?
Posted: 5/21/2013 8:07:49 AM
Maybe we might need to swim out a bit further or get a boat.

For me, I am starting to think that the cavemen were onto something with their club.
 qldblue
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 5/21/2013 8:05:03 AM
Not a problem Pookie, as you say timing is everything.

It was a quick trip over but not one that I wanted to make, I made the trip to attend one of my sister's funeral.

It happened to be the sister that I stay with whenever I am in WA and I will be back in WA next year at least for a son who is getting married.

Better get back on topic, we could go on a date some night in August 2014 and if this thread is still going, we could report back on the results of what a successful date we had.
 qldblue

Posted: 5/20/2013 4:30:23 PM
I actually concur with Swanniie and with Moon Rocket in most of what he says.

There are just too many people looking for that instant spark that really is a rare thing, let's be honest, how many times do we see 2 people get on in an instant to the point of marriage let alone having a deep and meaningful relationship?

The last date I had went no where as the woman wanted to engage in sexual activity 10 minutes into the date, something I was surprised at because it went against nearly every stated action of she wanted and no we did not progress further than the coffee.

Call me old fashioned or stupid but I do believe that her actions were selling herself for less than she was worth.

Sex is great but if a couple who rely on sex as all they have in their relationship then that relationship isn't going to progress very far from the instant physical to the long term emotional.

There are about 2% of guys on this site looking to just hookup for sex only and it seems that a lot of women find that group very easily, I don't know the percentage of women who are looking for intimate encounters, Markus didn't give that percentage.
 qldblue
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you want to fall in love again ?
Posted: 5/18/2013 4:54:46 PM
C'mon Rocket, admit it, your as tough as a marshmellow.

Like me you were taught that a man was the stronger sex and we didn't or were not allowed to show our soft side unless we wanted to be known as girls.

In todays society men are allowed that option as the image of being a kind loving husband, father is more the norm and it is now accepted.

We are a dying breed but I think that is good because I know that when my wife was dying/ died a lot of people thought that I was unemotional and had no feelings but as you and I know Rocket we were deeply hurt as we had chosen to stay with our partners for the rest of our lives unfortunately that wasn't our path.

We had found someone who we treasured more than anyone else except for our children and we made those people the centre of our world then we ended up single again and we were lost.

Yes I would hope that I can love another woman just like I did before but who knows what is over the next wave in our little ocean of fishies.
 qldblue
Msg: 2 (view)

Drastic Preventative Surgery - Would you ?
Posted: 5/14/2013 5:23:08 PM
This is a tough call on anyone and I can appreciate the toughness of the decision Jolie made.
Maybe if my wife had a double mastectomy she would be alive today, I don't know but I do applaud Jolie for making this very tough decision and let us not forget that Jolie and Pitt must have discussed this before any decision was made as this type of decision will have it's impact on her family now and into the future.
Would I make a decision on taking such drastic steps, I honestly don't know.
 qldblue
Msg: 2 (view)

Baby Bonus - GONE !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 5/14/2013 5:16:26 PM
With the economy the way it is, this bonus to families is really not in the best interests of Australia as a whole.

Why it was established is a tad bewildering as families before the bonus were still having babies anyway and will have babies in the future as we humans do enjoy the practice of baby making.
Even as the Treasurer said that the Baby Bonus has gone he still had a reduced amount for another modified version of the Baby Bonus.
 qldblue
Msg: 25 (view)

A Question for the IT Peeps out there
Posted: 4/23/2013 11:42:00 PM
Whilst that strategy will be remembered for use later on, somehow I don't think my son needs that sort of information from his father.
 qldblue
Msg: 23 (view)

A Question for the IT Peeps out there
Posted: 4/23/2013 9:09:54 AM
Swannie wears the sunnies now as Swanie is trying to be the big moovie star extra, hahahaha.

Whenever I have an issue with computers I usually get onto son number 2 and he fixes the problem for me but it is now a tad more difficult as he takes a bit longer to pay me a visit since he has moved to WA.

Typical of good IT people, when you want them, ya can't have them as they move across the country and I didn't think I broke my laptop that often
 qldblue
Msg: 24 (view)

Hey all i'm new here been chatting to this guy
Posted: 4/15/2013 7:49:47 AM
Liz,
it doesn't matter how long or short your emails are, you would do well to take the advice of the above posters.

We have all been messed around by others at different times and we have all been hopeful just like you and we have all been hurt, it is a sad time for everyone when that happens to us but if you hang around these forums you will meet the smart, the not so smart, (now I didn't mention any names) and the right royal pains but you can make friends and occassionally, well not really occassionally, you can laugh at yourself, someone else or at any situation.

In this case we can feel for you but only you can make the decision to give the jerk the flick
 qldblue
Msg: 60 (view)

Equality with DV victims
Posted: 4/9/2013 2:42:26 PM
Domestic Violence is a rather complex issue at best and a no go area at worst for men in that just like women fighting for the right to vote back in the early part of the 20th century.

It is the mindset of people that has created the problem of victims not being treated equal as the major theory is that men commit most of the violence therefore men should not be treated equal.

The situation of men being the victim of DV is only really very new to society perception wise, it has been around for centuries but men were taught not to show their soft/ vulunrable/ weak side just as women were taught not to show that they had a brain.

Equality for victims of DV will come about eventually as society changes.
 qldblue
Msg: 45 (view)

Pick on someone your own size turkey!
Posted: 4/1/2013 3:49:55 AM
I have never been a drama queen and in regards to a super trawler, I have never been a supporter nor am I going to be.

Responsible farming of animals is wholly reliant on individuals and individuals will use methods that they believe to be right for them, not necessary what is right for the industry.

On both sides of the argument there are people who will go to extreme measures and unfortunately some of those measures can and do have serious outcomes.

The use of cages for hens is slowly becoming a minority practice in it's industry but for some a lot slower in the change than some others would want.

Yes I do believe that individuals/ companies who indulge in cruelty to animals should be punished and banned from that industry just as people who willingly contaminate other food sources to prove their point.
 qldblue
Msg: 41 (view)

Pick on someone your own size turkey!
Posted: 3/31/2013 11:54:50 PM
So we condemn a complete industry for the actions of a few.

I guess that the vegetarians amongst us will cite that going to the vegetarian way of eating is the best and safest way for us too eat.

Would we be trading one unhealthy diet for another?

Have our cereal crops and vegetables beeen Genetically Modified?

The answer to that is yes, these crops are not the same genetically as they once were, they were modified to withstand the Australian soils and to resist pests and viruses.

Wheat has been modified to grow to a certain height to reduce wastage.

Whilst vegetables are high in the minerals and vitamins we need, a lot of these minerals and vitamins cannot be absorbed into our bodies the same way as the same minerals and vitamins can be from meat.

I know a lot of vegetarians who suppliment their intake of vitamens and minerals by taking them in tablet form and these tablets are made by using ingredients that are made artificially.

Not all farm producers are cruel to their animals and since the majority of the popualtion eat meat then as a community shouldn't we all be upset with only those indiviuals and or companies that trangress the law?

Should we also have a witch hunt on fishermen who don't catch seafood in a humane way?
 qldblue
Msg: 67 (view)

the death penalty
Posted: 3/16/2013 6:10:12 PM
The question was asked of the posters on this thread, not of the victims family, Brian.

In answer to your question you posed at me Brian about giving up meat if I had to kill the animal myself, No as I have had to kill an animal to eat.
 qldblue
Msg: 65 (view)

the death penalty
Posted: 3/16/2013 5:22:08 AM
A poster made a good point about " knowing what it feels like to be abused" and unfortunately I do know what it is like to be used as a punching bag. For all you people who are advocating the death penalty ask yourselves this question, do you have it in yourselves to be the executioner?. Not someone else but you yourself.
 qldblue
Msg: 10 (view)

Wanting to understand certain behaviours
Posted: 3/11/2013 2:15:46 PM
The reasons for many of us to be on the forums are so varied that we may not be able to condense them into a sentence or a 100 sentences.

As to why you don't get many responses, who knows but for me you would think that all the women on my matches section would be clamouring to get a piece of me, be nice you long time forumites.

As to the why no responses or short conversations with women here, well I put it down to the old Fickle Finger of Fate or they have found a shiny object, like a diamond or silver or gold to occupy their attention.

I have also discovered that the more skin these women show the lower their self confidence is, only joking
 qldblue

Please tell me how I'm asking for this
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:19:40 AM
Like you, LL SL, I gave a friend a job that he was qualified for and he had the advantage over me as he was a qualified Baker, I had done some baking but not too his extent.

He let me down big time, to the point that I recommended that his contract not be renewed.

A lot of people just don't appreciate what others do for them and they just want the almighty dollar and again like you I used to recommend the mechanic I used and when he sold the business I thought I would stay faithful to the new owner until it just wasn't feasable.
 qldblue
Msg: 16 (view)

Do women prefer married men?
Posted: 2/28/2013 5:32:59 AM
The OP really does make an effort to portray men who have sick wives in the best of ways.

Personally I would be more colourful in my description of the tosser but then I would be sent to the naughty corner.

At least in the naughty corner I would meet up with a bevy of beauties who would probably have been in the naughty corner before
 qldblue
Msg: 45 (view)

What is with the topless profile photos
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:52:41 PM
JustAnotherHuman, there is a difference between being confidant and being arrogant and yet you seem to be defending bodybuilding by attacking other peoples opinions.

Whether you are a body builder or not, people have their own standards and requirements as to what type of person they are interested in.

I have scars on my body that have their own storyand go to tell a bit about me.

It doesn't matter if your photo is one of you topless or not, if the women are interested then they aren't interested and arrogance isn't a trait anyone likes or wants to be associated with but confidence is a trait everyone likes.
 qldblue
Msg: 28 (view)

Why do guys post pictures of themselves consuming alcohol?
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:25:22 AM
I have just re read the OP and decided to look at the OP's profile and have noticed some things that under normal circumstances would not raise an eyebrow but in this instant those things I will mention do raise the eyebrows.

First thing I noticed was the question of Do you drink, the response is Prefer not to mention.

Personally I don't care if a woman drinks or not but in this case with the comments from the OP then I would be guessing that she doesn't like alcohol so I would have thought that a simple yes or no to that question would have been more straight forward.

The other comments that the OP made are of a major generalisation that once I read her profile, it gave me a bit of an insight to the person who raised this thread.
 qldblue
Msg: 20 (view)

Bananas up?
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:27:22 AM
No wonder I haven't caught a bus in over a week or so, be nice 3ff, however I cannot argue about the lady fingers vote.

Now peaches have been brought into the topic, if we keep going we will end up with fruit salad and I will let the other less respectable men add their comments now.

I am starting to think that the cave men had the right idea with their choosing of women, at least they didn't have to worry about the angle of the banana and they encountered very little argument from the women folk.

Now I will run and hide
 qldblue
Msg: 14 (view)

Bananas up?
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:53:19 AM
Bus fare, what is a bus?

I am still trying to work out what angle the banana has to be for a woman to signify that she is available and if there is any different meaning for the style of bananas.
 qldblue

Why do guys post pictures of themselves consuming alcohol?
Posted: 1/12/2013 2:46:13 AM
As you have stated Butterfly about not seeing any profiles of women with alcohol but there are quite a few.

There also appears to be quite a few photos of women who are in a hen's party and it is obvious from the photos that these women are not quite sober.

Then you have the photos of women with men draped over them in some circumstances the males are not children or fathers, I agree these photos don't give off a good image but who are we to criticize as there is no information stating the occassions a lot of the times.
 qldblue
Msg: 16 (view)

Unrealistic online dating expectations?
Posted: 1/9/2013 12:51:03 PM
The comment about "Time Wasters" is fairly common on a lot of women's profile as is " My children come first" and the all time favourite " Must not come with baggage".

I haven't figured out what makes a person a time waster yet, as I don't treat any message from one word to severn words as being very serious.

I think the comment about children coming first is a deal breaker as at our age we all have children and I would like to think that even tho our children are important to each and everyone of us, they would all be of equal footing in a relationship.

The word Baggage amuses me because what is termed baggage has been a part of making us who we are and in some cases we have learned from those experiences and everyone is different.

In some profiles that I have read, women want to create man in their image and that takes a couple of million years to perfect, whereas the stock that is already available can be adapted to suit, granted it isn't always perfect but then again neither are some of the women on this site, it is the differences that make things exciting not the sameness
 qldblue
Msg: 5 (view)

What is with the topless profile photos
Posted: 1/7/2013 5:33:13 AM
I told Caves I would not tell anyone about his secret photos.

It must have been 3ff, who released those photos, or Ging or kmac or swannie or hilly or any number of people.

To be serious for a moment if I may, when you see a photo of in my case, a woman who is flaunting her ample charms that are just below her shoulders, it does make me wonder what are they trying to sell.

Gravity does catch up to us all sooner rather than later at times and at that point it is really a waste of effort to have on display former glories.

I look at a woman's face to see how her smile affects her whole face and eyes, some women have a smile that lights up their face and then you have women who have a smile that is only on their lips and the rest of their face is basically carved in stone.

A woman who can smile with her eyes and whole face, tto me shows that at times things may have been tough but they have moved on and still have a sense of humour
 qldblue
Msg: 236 (view)

How much does your vehicle say about you?
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:02:13 PM
When I buy a car I buy it outright, haven't bought a car on any type of loan since I was in my 20's.

I look around for a vehicle that will suit my purposes and this can take up to 6 months at least from the time I decide that a new vehicle is required.

My current car is a 2002 commodore wagon that has the room for my gear and for me to sleep in whenever I do big trips or small excursions.

The car has now done over 350,000kms but is still going strong and still has the power to overtake on the open highway when needed.

The radios it has in it are for commercial radio stations, amateur radio stations and cb frequencies so I can get updates on road conditions at a moments notice.

My car is like me I suppose, good for the long haul
 qldblue

Christmas Eve day today
Posted: 12/24/2012 3:03:42 PM
Merry Christmas everyone,

I will be spending christmas lunch with my three daughters, grandsons and granddaughter before we take the one daughter, her partner and the grandkids to the airport for their flight to Melbourne.

Tonight I will be having dinner with my 2 remaining daughters, my 2 boys and a partner for one of the boys.

We will be having all the roasted meats as cold cuts plus salads for lunch and all the roasted meats plus vegies for dinner and for dessrt in both cases we will be either having a christmas cake or christmas pudding that I made from scratch, if you know my background not very impressive but we do the things for christmas that we enjoy.
 qldblue
Msg: 13 (view)

What Actor or Actress would be on your I'd do them list?
Posted: 12/18/2012 4:00:32 AM
Abigail, No 96 for all you youngsters
Jamie Lee Curtis
Carrie Fisher
Nichelle Nicholls

Show ALL Forums