Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: tattooing in London
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 11 (view)

tattooing in London
Posted: 2/28/2007 8:25:20 PM
a friend of mine goes to hanger 18 also. he got an eagle on his chest at blue dragon, but it looked more like a parrot on crack!

thinkin' of one m'self ..... hmmm ..... but not a parrot ...
cheers!
jm
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 125 (view)

LONDON WEEKLY COFFEE NIGHT---O'NEILS BAR AND GRILL
Posted: 2/28/2007 3:06:40 PM
Yes folks, we are still alive I think we may try to make it out too since we're actually coming out of the cave anyways. Hopefully we'll see you there.

JM and Mrs. JM

LoversEntwined
Msg: 23 (view)

New Fishes...
Posted: 1/9/2007 4:17:00 PM
Hey all, JM here ...

It's been a while since I was fishing, but when I was, I had a tendancy to talk/email a lot of people. And it only took them catching my attention, rather than how many favs they had. If they didn't have any, or not many, I would write a simple 'hello, welcome to POF ...' type email if I hadn't seen them before. I learned quickly on here not to put expectations on people, but to be friendly and primarily search for new friends and get to know people. I really lucked out in my fishing, found a great Lady, and it has always seemed effortless, as I believe it should be when it's right and good.
But, if you don't make contact, you have to wait for the other person to do so, so I always felt why not take the plunge? You don't know until you try, and whether someone is new or has been around, they are ultimately themselves, and if you want to write, then I feel you should! It may just be that match you're searching for!

Cheers!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 26 (view)

Christmas disappointments :(
Posted: 12/29/2006 8:09:42 AM
Getting dumped on at work, a whole pile of crap, literally as we were packing up for the day, then having to cut into my week off and work Wed and THursday. Other than that, I think Spunky and I had a a good, although full and busy, Christmas. The good definitely outweighed the bad.

JM
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 20 (view)

black or white
Posted: 12/29/2006 7:28:20 AM
I can be rather extreme sometimes, black or white, but for the most part I'm a great fence sitter. AS stated earlier, the situation is subjective ...

Gandalf the Gray is my hero ...

Good question, Mirage (once again).

JM
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 29 (view)

Have past relationships jaded us ????
Posted: 12/28/2006 6:06:23 PM
JM here ..
Personally, I like to view past relationships as an experience, but with one person, and try not to paint others with the same brush. Cautious is better, as we rebuild the ability to trust again, not only in another person, but in ourselves. Sometimes the road seems longer, and then (hopefully), we find another that will take us away from those past hurts and allow us the freedom to be our true selves again.

When I have ended relationships, it has been for my own sake, because the person was wrong for me, whether it was obvious to them or not. When I have been on the receiving end, I don't begrudge my former partner, take the lessons I have learned, remember the good times and (try to) move forward. Obviously I was not right for them.

<div class="quote">but it seems each time we give our heart..it's ripped from our chest just a little more
It is only by giving our heart that we find our true selves. If we have loved and lost, then it was not meant to be. But take strength from the fact that we did all that we could to make something work, even if it is only for a short time.

I am still a firm believer that there is someone for everyone. If we are alone, it is because there is something we must work through on our own. When the time is right, another will enter our lives, to grow with, and learn together.
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 17 (view)

What are the Forums for?
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:35:48 AM
^^^Definitely what Rascal and Dante said! Great place to share thoughts and ideas, learn from others through their take/slant on things.
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 10 (view)

advertising
Posted: 12/10/2006 5:48:01 PM
JM here ...
I agree with you, M. It is in poor taste. We went out after the artshow a couple of weekends ago and there was a party happening in the bar, hosted by another site. We wouldn't have known had a fellow POFer not come up and told us about it, as he was part of that site as well. We were jokingly going to crash the party, but decided against it. But we were given cards by this POFer. To each his own I guess, but I still agree, it is in poor taste. This is the only site I'm on, and have no interest in joining another. I have a fish and just out for friends anyway.
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 13 (view)

Thank you's and Pictures from London Christmas Dec. 9th Party
Posted: 12/10/2006 4:23:34 PM
sorry we missed it, Rob. we were going to go, but had a last minute change of plans ... will try for the next one tho ... looks like it was fun. nice pics!!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 12 (view)

Bobnoxious at Norma Jeans, Dec 15th
Posted: 12/10/2006 4:14:15 PM
not sure what we're doing yet ... but it's definitely worth considering ...
 LoversEntwined

an art??
Posted: 12/10/2006 11:45:00 AM
I don't believe it's an art to be yourself ...

JM here ...

Certain social situations may require a certain skill, if you are overcoming things like discomfort and/or shyness, but that's not the same thing as finding a partner. Finding a partner does require a chemistry that cannot be manufactured ... I agree with that. But I guess it depends if you are looking for a relationship, or to simply get laid. Getting laid can prob'ly be an art, it doesn't require you to be yourself, or even give of yourself other than physically.

Sometimes it requires effort to figure yourself out, and skill to remain true to yourself, but in the end, if you're not being yourself then you're only selling yourself, and whoever you're involved with, short.

My 2 cents ...
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 185 (view)

MASTERS OF THE GAME........
Posted: 12/10/2006 11:11:59 AM

Here's the scenario and I am sure many of you can relate to this and have been there at least once so far in your dating experiences.

You meet a man/woman online and begin chatting with them, find that you have similar interests, wants, desires, etc. You are a little leary because of past experiences that went bust so you chat and chat some more looking for those red flags or simply that something isn't right. Well you don't want to make the same mistake again right?

So time moves on and yes we go to phone calls, and still everything seems great.....we're intelligent and wise right, we know how to look for a great man/woman is what we want to believe correct?

Then you meet and it's like it was all a total farse and the truth becomes revealed and all the things they told you were a crock of crap.........and you are left sitting there thinking, how could I not see this coming???

My point is this, are these people simply Masters of the game with this online dating thing, where they know all the right answers OR do you truly believe that maybe our quest for love is leaving us vunerable to these types???

Do you sit there and think..........how did I miss this? or how could they hide this so well? or why would another prey on another human being like this?

It's almost like dating has become this "used car salesman" thing and they know just what to say to hook you...........sad.

JM here ...
A very intriguing topic you've posted here One_Step. On a personal note, I've always enjoyed your hopelessly romantic threads, and if ppl want to call you naive for them, that's their loss. I think most folks would love to land in a fairy tale romance, but if they don't try, they won't find it.

I agree that Masters exist. Call it naive, but at some point you want to trust in these people, and take that chance. But they are preditors, out for prey. Dating is a game to them, the victim is their challenge and the goal is their own personal agenda, be it sex, money, or whatever. Some people have mastered hiding who they really are to others, and others hide it from themselves ( I liked the Masters of Self Dillusion comment ). Eventually the victim figures this out, sometimes it takes time to figure this out, but eventually this happens. How long this takes determines the price. And it happens with both genders, and it is sad.
We can all fall prey to them. No matter how honed our skills are, they might simply be that little bit better.
But I don't think how you mastermind your sex life is the only answer. I don't believe holding out for x amount of months will do you any good. That's paranoia and leading yourself to victim status - you may be the victim of losing Mr. Right in doing this. Sex should take place when both you and your partner are comfortable with it, and if one person isn't comfortable, then it shouldn't happen. Plain and simple. If the other isn't satisfied with that, they should allow it anyway, or they'll move on, and they weren't the one. But don't use sex as a weapon or weeding out process like that or you'll end up selling yourself short. But approach to sex life isn't the topic here, the Masters know the games here, and depending on their agenda and skill, they'll find a way around it ...

I still think honesty, respect and sincerity are the way to go. There are good people out here, and bad people. In fact they can both be found anywhere; online, in bars, at work ... the only way to find out about someone is to get to know them, one on one. Until one does that there is no answer. But remain true to yourself. Try not to let others' actions jade you. I believe in Karma, and everyone gets theirs in the end ...
 LoversEntwined

So You Wanna Learn How to Dance????
Posted: 12/7/2006 7:46:22 AM
@Dante: Spunky here: After what I saw in Kitchener, that explains everything!!!! We were blown away watching you go dahlink!! You looked mahvellous! Absolutely mahvellous! Great idea too btw. I think it would be a lot of fun....I'm a ballroom dancer and love to learn new stuff.
 LoversEntwined

Rod Stewart Returns
Posted: 12/6/2006 7:31:24 PM
I took my mom to see Rod in the early 90's at CNE Stadium. He's always been her favs. We were pretty far back, so she took off at one point and headed towards the front. She got to the VIP section and a security guard asked her for her ticket ... she pulled out her suitcase of a purse and opened it wide and asked him, " do you want to look for it??". He let her by, she didn't have a ticket, and came back to her seat (with us) about an hour later.

JM
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 54 (view)

Here Goes Nothing!
Posted: 12/5/2006 7:29:53 PM
What does one say to follow THAT??? ^^^^ Good one Dahlink! As for how do we feel? We still luvs ya!

I have been told people value what I have to say because I'm straight forward, up front, honest and real. I believe being real is the only way to be. I can see both sides of the coin and I make my own judgements in the end, no matter what people say. They may not like what I say or agree with it but respect me for it. I feel the way about other people in this same way. They may be steadfast in their belief system, opinions or the way they view things but they are still people with thoughts and feelings. I can respect that.
People have judged me for who I talk to, hang out with and have accused me of trying to be a "crowd pleaser". I enjoy all people for what they have to offer. Everyone has something to offer. Everyone has endearing qualities. I look for the good in all people. I have been guilty of forming opinions of people before I get to know them, but I always give that person a chance anyways, because I have been wrong and that's not fair to the other person. If I have a problem with a person, I confront them, get it out in the open, talk about it and hopefully resolve it. I am my own person and NO ONE tells me what to do. I ultimately make my own decisions and take full responsiblity for that.
I guess what my point of this thread is to not go on hearsay. Prove things for yourself. Give people a second chance. If you have a problem, confront people face to face. Let yourself see the other side of the coin. Find some middle ground. Find the good in people, because everyone has good in them. Everyone has something valueable to offer. Life is what you make of it and so are the people you chose to be in your life.
I have met many good people here and hope to meet many more.I also look forward to getting to know the people I have met better and better as time goes on. Just something for people to ponder. There is bad out there but overall, I think good over rules it. Peace and Merry Christmas to all

JM here ...
SWO, ya know, you're one of the first people I really got to know in this here l'il ol' pond ... why do you think that is? Because of your approach to life, you were easy to approach and be open with. There was no threat, no bad behaviour. We don't always agree, but yes we do respect each other. I consider you a true friend, and glad to have met you.

I agree with you about finding middle ground and seeing both sides of the coin, making your own judgements around opinions of others. But we can't always be nicey-nicey. When there is injustice being thrown around, we have a responsibility to those we care for to make it right, and that can mean taking the gloves off. But we are all ADULTS, as has been said. There is no need to act like school kids in an adult forum, in an adult atmosphere. Name calling, drama, backstabbing and rumours have no place here. It was said (by Pearl?) ... Maturity!!!!
Now, I've always been quiet, mild mannered and soft spoken, but light my fuse and I will catch fire. But I would like to think that I can control myself to refrain from juvenile behaviour. And in the end that is all I can do. Control Myself. I cannot control what others do, but I choose how to react. Do I react with anger? Hissy-fits? Non-chalance? It's up to me, and I have to remain true to myself. I'm not going to back down from a bully in an internet forum, for sure. If they don't like what I say and slam me for it, I will reply accordingly, be it by expressing my view differently, or finding the holes in their arguement.

But I like to believe I leave the childish behaviour for children ...

Just my thought ...
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 43 (view)

Here Goes Nothing!
Posted: 12/5/2006 11:24:33 AM
@Dante and Pearl: Mrs. JM again: Kudos and applause!! THANK YOU! YES, we should be able to have an opinion and voice it without fear of getting slammed! If we all had the same opinion, wouldn't this be a boring world??? Tolerance and maturity, particularly in adults, is such a rarity in this day and age. This is supposed to be a time of enlightenment where all walks are treated equally. Where is it?

We all understand that not everyone will like you, not everyone will get along. Particularly in a place like POF where it's so diverse and we all come from so many different walks of life. BUT...mutual respect should be understood and observed and each of us entitled to voice what we think or feel, within limits of course, without fear of personal attack. We can all learn from one another, develop new thoughts and points of view from seeing/hearing what others think and have to say. It's a wonderful opportunity, if you think about it. Kitkat said as much today in her earlier post about learning something from what another person had said.

And I know that I'm more mature than all of you, but that's beside the point! Bwahahahaha
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 38 (view)

Here Goes Nothing!
Posted: 12/5/2006 6:09:53 AM
@SWO Mrs. JM here: If there's one thing I know, it's that you're a good lady. You're honest, straight up and kind hearted. I don't know what's sparked this thread, although I do have my suspicions, but you're a lady who calls it like you sees it. People always know where they stand with someone who's straight up like that. It speaks of goodness and integrity and perhaps having said that, we need to look at why anyone would dislike that. Does that perhaps speak of another's insecurities about their own???

Being that I counsel and advise for a living, I'm party to all kinds of things that have brought me to a certain understanding of human behaviour, but there's never an excuse for BAD BEHAVIOUR, especially not from people in our age group who should know better. As much as I know I come across as sweet and kind, I'm an ass kicker myself when it comes to things and I'll definitely say something if I feel that it's wrong. I too do not give a rat's hinie what people think of me. I walk and talk my truth and to hell with those that don't like it. Period.

@Kitkat, Tabbs, SWO: You're my kinda girls. Speak your truth, walk your talk, and be who you are. We always know where we stand with folks like you and I know all 3 to be kind hearted and caring people. That's refreshing in an age of politics, diplomacy and bs!!!

There's my .02 gang. Slam away if you must!!!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 12 (view)

Painful Looks Back~~~
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:40:23 PM
hello Ms 2,
jm here,
and I go through this every so often. I don't tend to go through the emotions as much, but get lost in the memories all the same. I find too that my paintings tend to be a journal for me and can take me back to the place/time/emotion that I felt at the time of creation, why I made it and the whole process of it.
We are all connected and finding an old heirloom can carry the resonance of its energy/history, the memory of another. But we do move on from the past and grow forward. To be taken back emotionally means (to me) that I put my heart into the situation around the memory, and that can only be good. Even where there is pain, the worst is over and the healing is happening.
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 45 (view)

The Arts Project ....Encore Encore London Starts today........
Posted: 11/26/2006 6:41:17 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who came. Had a good visit, and it was nice to see fishies there. We had a good night at the Honest Layer too, although the service at dinner was lacking, but otherwise it was a nice evening out. Anyone else who'd like to see the show, it will still be up for another week. Maybe I'll see ya there, but if not, be sure to sign the guest book!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 11/23/2006 3:54:15 PM

in addition, i've been told there will be work by a sweet friend who has recently passed showing. could be an emotional thing but can't wait to see it again.

Yes.
Geraldine Hawke was the founder of our group three years ago. THe group put together a show two years ago.
She passed away Nov. 12. A very dear friend to all of us. She was 75.
Her two sons, David and TIm have agreed to volunteer to perform for the reception. They are both very talented musicians with a repetoire a mile long - I'm not sure what they'll play, but it will be sure to be a treat!
 JMBlucat
Msg: 17 (view)

London Coffee Nite - Wed. Nov 22 - 7 pm
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:49:22 PM
... would love to go but Wednesdays have been surprisingly full lately ... will I see you folks Saturday???

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5907890.aspx <---- shameless plug ...
 JMBlucat
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2006 8:45:18 PM
I'll have to look into that d-belle. The artists may have their own web sites out there. The link for the show is

http://artsproject.ca/exhibitions/EncoreEncore.shtml

But that only shows one work / artist. And I know the work I have in the show is not on the web, as it is too new yet. I've also made calendars for the new year, with holidays, moon cycles and solstices and equinox's included.
Smaller prints and reproductions are available as well from some of the artists.

... wait do I sound like a used car salesman??

EDIT : Hugs are free Still!

EDIT 2 : if you wanted to check out some of my older work,

www.nativeamericanart.ca
Enjoy!
JM
 JMBlucat
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2006 8:25:46 PM
AWw! Thanks HK!
And all who come out, we're looking to have some live music if I can swing it. Trying to arrange it right now. THe show was hung last night, and it looks great (of couse I am biased), and it's up until Dec 2.

The ladies I am showing with have some nice work themselves. Mine's a little off the wall, or it was until last night! There are some smaller works that might make a unique Christmas gift too!
It's a little different atmosphere for a meet and greet.

I didn't know the parade was on this weekend. That's cool.

Thanks fishies for all the support. Hope to see you there!

JMBlucat
Msg: 3 (view)

it is SATURDAY... what are we going to do ...?????
Posted: 11/18/2006 3:40:15 PM
... well, if it was next Saturday, you could go to the Arts Project and chack out my art show ... but tonight we're not sure either. Friends in town, no plans yet, so maybe the Alibi is a possibility! See you if we go!

EDIT : yeah, yeah, I'm into the shameless self promotion phase ....
 JMBlucat

Wednesdays In London??
Posted: 10/15/2006 6:51:58 PM
we gonna meet you this time Dom?? Look forward to it!
I know ...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts5566987.aspx
 JMBlucat
Msg: 6 (view)

London Coffee Wed. 18th, Alibi Roadhouse
Posted: 10/15/2006 6:42:00 PM

And when did I get a sex change??

.. wide open, man!! Laughing too hard to post a smart-azz remark!!!
... will miss your presence. Would love to chat with ya!

Meeks!!!!
Hey way to step up Dude! Gonna try to come this time!

Been missing the friends
And the luvs they sends
Coffee again this week
Hosted by Mr. Meeks.

THe Ladies previously committed
But lots of chairs to be sitted (yeah, cheesy)
But looks like coffee and rhyme
Is happening again this time.

Look forward to seeing all there
If I can do something with my hair
But I have time to figger it out
And enjoy coffee with no doubt.

JMBlucat
Msg: 347 (view)

POF FEST October 14 Party,Party,Party - Edelweiss Kitchener/Waterloo,Cambridge,Guelph, Brantford,
Posted: 10/14/2006 12:05:03 AM
... OK ... I pushed da botten!!!

... hurray 4 me!!
 JMBlucat
Msg: 29 (view)

Fishes that found their Fishes on this site
Posted: 10/13/2006 3:42:54 PM
just got caught last night by a fellow I've been casually dating. Seems he loves me? WoW! I figured he wasn't that serious and had a dinner date to-night with someone else...which I just cancelled!

The things that happen when you quit looking and just try to have fun!! I'm still in shock here now... But heck it's worth a shot....

Go Ruby!! Congrats to M9 and GEB too!

These are happy stories. Great to see the success of POF.

Well, lessee ... met my fish at a local coffee night about a month and a half ago. She had seen my profile some time before, and apparently we had sat across from each other at the campfire at Shadow's back in July, but didn't see each other. It wasn't time yet, as neither of us would have been ready. She left, but I met a friend of hers that night, and talked a bit to her.
Then her friend brought her to a coffee night in the park, but they left early to go salsa dancing. It wasn't until the 2nd time coffee night that she and I really had a chance to talk, and talk we did! Someone told us afterwards that it was like we were in our own little world, occasionally peeking out of it to see what the other coffee night goers were up to.
We exchanged msn's and on the Friday I went over to her place for coffee and chat, and well, the rest is history. We hit it off and things just keep getting better. We have a lot in common, and it turns out she lives just around the corner from me!

Like Ruby said, funny how things happen when you surrender to it.

JMBlucat
Msg: 328 (view)

POF FEST October 14 Party,Party,Party - Edelweiss Kitchener/Waterloo,Cambridge,Guelph, Brantford,
Posted: 10/13/2006 3:14:45 PM
@JmBluecat - its should be MORE than a possibility! Look at the list, mister!!!! lol

@JM - hit the booten

jm u have to sign up and mrs. jm too.

Holy!! Feelin' the luv!!

... gonna depend on how much work I get done before "da partee" ...

** trigger finger hovers over da booten - that IS quite the list ...**

JMBlucat

Winter thoughts
Posted: 10/13/2006 2:27:15 PM
I, too, enjoy the passing of the seasons. I enjoy the rebirth in spring, adolesence of summer, maturity of autumn and the rest of winter. I work outside and really feel this time of year to my bones, but I also melt with the heat of the summer; couldn't do THAT all year, for sure.

We are lucky to be in this country and to experience all it has to offer, including the variety of the seasons ...

JMO
 JMBlucat
Msg: 20 (view)

Does this upset you at all ?? Single questions when your taken
Posted: 10/11/2006 3:13:54 PM
never really had the problem, so I can't say it bothers me. I have actually recieved less email than before the relationship.

And you gotta love the emails...
That say something like...
"Oh, now that you're a couple...
How about a manage a trois?"
Uhhhmmmm...
No thanx...

LMAO!!

There is the option of 'hiding' your profile. It doesn't erase your account, but it doesn't put you onto anyone's 'matches' list. THe only peeps who can see your profile and contact you (or at least that's my understanding) are your favs. It also allows you to participate in the forums.

JMBlucat
Msg: 231 (view)

Posted: 10/10/2006 5:23:50 PM
... hmmm ... haven't signed up (yet), but thinking it's becoming a possibility ...

JMBlucat
Msg: 57 (view)

Appears on 999 members favorites lists
Posted: 10/10/2006 4:43:55 PM
@ersunshine.... appears on 265 favourites... that sure seem alot to me.. why not delete some.... and just keep the current people on your favourites that you do chat with on a regualar basic...

I would personaly think that you aren't talking too all of them and this may determine man emailing you...

and its not an attack on you personal.... just profiles in general whom have more than 200 people on their favourites list..

... seems every month or so this topic comes up ...

The fav's list is not something that the person who owns the profile chooses. The fav's are chosen by viewers of the profile.

If that person deletes somebody, they can always be re-added, unless blocked.

Many favs are friends from the forums ... of both sexes for some.

I don't let that number bother me.

my 2 cents

EDIT - for the record I have 33 favs ...
 JMBlucat

How many of you danced.....
Posted: 10/10/2006 4:37:27 PM
I remember the Pines, although I was never inside. I also remember my parents going there occasionally ...

Hmmm ... might be worth checking out someday!
 JMBlucat
Msg: 287 (view)

Confess your crush list
Posted: 10/9/2006 11:47:20 AM

I'm just glad I didn't confess before she deleted her profile.

... ahh. maybe you could have been the voice of reason that kept her here ... ah well, that sucks, man.

Ok ladies, line up for this guy ^^^^^^
 JMBlucat
Msg: 66 (view)

What brought you here?
Posted: 10/9/2006 11:41:50 AM
Actually, I think it was my birthday, and I was chatting with a friend and she brought it up. I pulled the phone from my head to give it a shake, but I thought about it for a few days, and when things with the fling I was involved with were definitly on the outs, I thought, well, if my friend could do it, why can't I? So I signed up, browsed around, sent some emails. It was about a month before I realized what the forums were all about and I was hooked. Then I went to some parties, met some great folks, and eventually met my fish. But we're both addicted to the people here, so I don't really see either of us leaving anytime too soon.
 JMBlucat
Msg: 54 (view)

Do guys who use online dating...actually wanting to find commitment
Posted: 10/9/2006 9:29:28 AM
Sure, there are lots of great people out here looking for long term. But you can't determine long term in a matter of minutes. Just take it a day at a time, and you will find ...

I've found that surrender is a great way to go.
Don't go out looking . .. just go out and enjoy your friends and the time you have being single. When you are comfortable and secure in yourself, is usually the time opportunity knocks. I think it's because you aren't looking that you find, when one tends to be their natural, uninhibitted, attractive self ...

JMO
 JMBlucat
Msg: 31 (view)

KUDOS, KISSES, AND KICKS AT CLUB 54
Posted: 10/9/2006 9:17:01 AM
thanks to all the photographers for the pics folks! great to see everyone having a good time.
 JMBlucat

Thanksgiving and The Farm!
Posted: 10/9/2006 8:56:37 AM
^^^ careful Ruby! You're going to end up with a bunch of uninvited guests wearing rain coats showing up next year!

Sounds like a great day!
 JMBlucat
Msg: 8 (view)

Thanksgiving and The Farm!
Posted: 10/9/2006 7:51:06 AM
Naw, not shitty kitty, maybe just City Kitty.

You Ladies are wayyyy too funny. Glad to see you had a sense of humour about it all though. Glad you enjoyed (?) your day. What are you doing next year? Dare we even ask???
 JMBlucat
Msg: 2139 (view)

First Line, Last Line
Posted: 10/6/2006 11:28:35 AM
without a second look
she turns and walks away.
my chest feels heavy as I inhale,
trying to pull air in
around the pieces of my heart.

her head is high
as she fades into the sunset.
I know I will never see her again,
and miss her already
as my last long look continues.

and the sun fades
her sillhouette a pin prick now.
another deep breath and I turn away
hold my head up high
and walk away without a second look.
 JMBlucat
Msg: 31 (view)

My matches..
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:51:03 AM
I only use my matches when I can't find my lighter ...
 JMBlucat

WIERD ..............
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:41:29 AM

I felt that way about my Ex and I never listened to myself, dammit to hell!

I did too!

... but not the one you folks know, the one after.

GO with your gut, like most have said. And yeah, mention it to your friend (casually if you're worried about her thinking you're weird ...)

JMBlucat
Msg: 193 (view)

>> POF OCTOBERFEST @ Club 54 >> Oct 6th
Posted: 10/6/2006 10:26:55 AM
... up to 138 people attending! Kudos to the Hosts/Hostesses. Looking forward to tonight and seeing everyone there ... just a few hours awayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WooHoo!
 JMBlucat

You Can't Compete????
Posted: 10/5/2006 4:35:44 PM

I wouldnt pass over them either, I like learning new things, and you just never know unless you try..............doesnt mean you always get a response either................

... and you have to consider some things of interest might not be listed.

I never used to let that sort of thing stop me. If someone peaked my curiosity, I figured there was some reason for it, so I wrote.

I wrote a lot ...

... and more ...

... and didn't always get a response. But sometimes I just liked writing and seeing what came of it.

my 2 cents.

JMBlucat
Msg: 57 (view)

The POF dating circle
Posted: 10/5/2006 4:30:42 PM
sure Dante, everyone has their group of friends, and I don't think you're too far off base. Most of the 'cliques' are friendly ... and welcoming. It does take going to the events to get to know others better and become a part of that family also. It doesn't happen instantly always and it does require effort and putting yourself out there on a limb ...
 JMBlucat
Msg: 55 (view)

The POF dating circle
Posted: 10/5/2006 4:19:31 PM

And yeah I agree the circle of friends does make it hard to meet the people or approach some of the people you would like... I mean we all kid and joke with each other!!! Flirt innocently with one another!!! Yet I think there is a point when if you do like someone or there is an interest there your tend to lay low and not go with it because of fear of rejection or just plane fear......

Agreed ... then there is also the fear of things not working out and upsetting the friendship ... I think a lot of people have learned to value their friendships and it's no different here than in the "real world".

@ Destinyawaits:

Maybe it appears that way but it isn't like that really. if you post in a party thread that you want to attend but are not comfy going by yourself, then someone usually steps up and offers to meet you at the door or to watch for you.
Those of us that attend these functions have all been to our first party and its scary and overwhelming! If in the future you would like to attend any I am going to, please contact me and I would be glad to introduce you around and make sure you don't feel left out.

... and trust me, this woman will take good care of you and introduce you to a great group of peeps!

While I can't say that I disagree with you Jet, I think it's important to really get out there and talk to people at the events. You can't be shy, just get out there and mingle. There are always different faces at the events, and I've found that there are always people I've wanted to meet because I've liked their profile or their posts in the forums.

... and in a sense you've already met these folks somewhat. It's just a matter of the face to face contact that is missing. My first party I was well taken care of (and I needed it for a lot of reasons ... ... but I digress), but I really enjoy going to them. I kind of had several "first time" parties because I did travel to a few cities to go and meet folks, from Kitchener to Brantford to Brampton to London, and each had different people, different atmosphere. I wouldn't judge all parties by just one, and the longer one is here, the more chance they have to get to know others.

Like anything worthwhile, it just takes time for some, others are more ready and taking the steps forward that they want to.

TO answer your origional question Jet, I think folks are hooking up through here. Whether that means dating or not, they are meeting and networking and moving forward, I think. But I do think there are quite a few matches occurring lately ...

JMO
 JMBlucat
Msg: 278 (view)

Confess your crush list
Posted: 10/5/2006 3:36:34 PM
/\/\/\/\/\...oh ... THAT"S origional!
 JMBlucat
Msg: 30 (view)

Stormy Morning (Thunderstorms)
Posted: 10/5/2006 3:26:04 PM
I enjoyed the storm. It was quite mild outside and the light show was fantastic. I work outside, and yeah, I certainly got soaked, but couldn't complain. We haven't had very many this year.

JMBlucat
Msg: 97 (view)

Find Your Compatibility Through The Signs...
Posted: 10/5/2006 3:20:00 PM
awesome thread. thanks!

Show ALL Forums