Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Anyone want to have a Fredericksburg and surrounding area get together?
 MadamX67
Msg: 3 (view)

Anyone want to have a Fredericksburg and surrounding area get together?
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:07:29 PM
Count me in! I missed the last one as well. Let me know place and time and will bring some friends. Do you have a place in mind?

D
 MadamX67
Msg: 31 (view)

Beginning to lose hope.
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:26:01 PM
I totally agree with you Sweet5red! I am a "slightly" older woman, single mom who has been divorced for almost 7 years now. Now matter what age, it seems we all want to give up at one point in time. I am work from home as well (for my ex husband who happens to be one of my closest friends) and am very involved in my boys lives. Between work, taking care of the house, their school, sports and running the "mom" taxi, it doesn't leave me much time to socialize. That's why I decided to join this site, to meet new people. I do manage to get out once in a while and go dancing with some of my friends but even then men don't approach me. I have wondered at times what is wrong with me, am I not "approachable" and why? It does get very frustrating and doesn't do much for my self esteem.

I haven't been looking to get into a serious relationship since my divorce but feel I am ready now, I want that special someone in my life. My boys are getting older, going out with their girlfriends and spending more time at their dad's. But even when they are gone, I find myself sitting at home.

I want to find a man that compliments me, and me him. I want someone that I can laugh with, someone that looks at me in morning the same way he did the night before. Someone who can lean on me in times of need and visa versa. I want that butterflies in the stomach, knees knocking feeling when he touches or kisses me. As I said in my profile...I'm waiting for someone to take my breath away. Does that mean I am too picky? Have my standards too high like mentioned in this thread? No, absolutely not. I don't fall in love every day and when it happens I want to make sure it's the real thing. If only men would take the time to get to know me, the real me.

All I can say is....hang in there and hopefully you'll see it was worth the wait. That's what I keep telling myself.

Best wishes to all....D
 MadamX67
Msg: 130 (view)

Frederickburg Get Together at Uncle Sam's Feb 10th
Posted: 2/15/2007 6:34:20 AM
Ann,

I'm so sorry I didn't call you on Saturday. My oldest son ended up getting hurt (broken collar bone) in wrestling tournament on Saturday. Been back and forth to doctors over the past several days. I really wish I was able to attend. It seems like you guys (gals + 1) had a blast. Sorry I missed it. Please keep me in mind for the next one....I'm look forward to meeting all of you. Until next time....

Deb
 MadamX67
Msg: 99 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2007 7:38:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome Ann. Makes it more comfortable. Email me on my aol (retrobnd) with your cell number. I'll call you end of the week. It will be nice meeting all of you.

Deb
 MadamX67
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2007 6:32:39 PM
Jennifer, looks like my other friends bailed on me I am relatively new to this site as well and don't know alot of people from here so I wanted to bring a friend with me so I didn't feel like a total stranger. I still want to come I just didn't want to go alone. Hopefully I'll get up the nerve by Saturday.

Deb
 MadamX67
Msg: 67 (view)

Frederickburg Get Together at Uncle Sam's
Posted: 2/5/2007 4:11:04 PM
Do we know yet which floor POF will be meeting? And will there be any type of signs for POF or should we ask at the door?
 MadamX67
Msg: 63 (view)

Frederickburg Get Together at Uncle Sam's
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:23:39 PM
I have some friends coming from out of town. Would it be okay if they came as well? Possibly 4 total (male and female).
 MadamX67
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 2/2/2007 6:36:07 AM
I've been hoping for a get together close by! Thanks for getting this started oggirl! I would love to attend. Have to check my schedule for next weekend (may be out of town) but will see what I can do. Looks like it's gonna be a great time had by all! Will let you know.
 MadamX67
Msg: 485 (view)

do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:16:21 AM
You are not in a minority Coffeecanuck! I totally agree with your decision. I have been divorced for 5 years. I have 2 boys (15 and 11). I have not been in a serious relationship since my divorce. I do go out on dates but do not invite them to my house unless they are at their fathers for the weekend. I have a friend that I have known for several years that does come over from time to time and he comes over when they are in bed and is gone before they get up. He is the only one that I consider having over with the boys here. They know him as an old friend of mine, nothing more. There isn't any attachments on either end. I am very protective of my boys. They already have a great father so they do not need another in their lives. My ex is one of my best friends. We have a great relationship and men seem to have a problem with that. They think that there is some hidden meaning as to why we are friends, as if one of us is still trying to hang on to the other. It's simple,we have children together. The first year of our divorce was very nasty but we realized that we couldn't expose the kids to our problems. We worked thru our differences and put the kids first and they are soo much better for it. If I were to get into relationship, I would let them know that I do have children and that they would not meet them until I felt it was best for them, months down the road. I have met some single dads and my hat goes off to them as well!

Show ALL Forums