Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Is sex as important to you as it once was?
 lamborgini13
Msg: 496 (view)

Is sex as important to you as it once was?
Posted: 1/26/2010 8:43:31 PM
I'd like to jump in here...

Sure. What I've noticed is that one can have a pretty "comfortable" relationship without sex but the sex adds that other dimension to the relationship. It's a way of validating the idea that your partner knows you and your desires or wants (not necessarily your needs).
I guess the healthier the sexual experience the better she or he knows each other - I think!

lamborgini13
Msg: 119 (view)

CFL Football 2009
Posted: 1/26/2010 6:34:14 PM
I hate to state the "obvious" but you can only by what you can afford. When it comes to a bargain sale team like the Bombers they can't afford a $ per coaching value Head Coach. Oh well...

I used to have season tickets for 5 consecutive years. Now I just enjoy watching it on TV, whenever TSN gets the urge to put a Bomber game on.

Here's hoping for a 500 season...

lamborgini13
Msg: 59 (view)

What do men want ????
Posted: 1/26/2010 6:29:11 PM
Well another example of not getting honesty out of this stuff. I got an email reply back from a member on this site saying that she was not interested in dating since she's only here for the forums. That's nice but at least they should say something in their profile.

Oh well...What do men want? Honesty? Non-pretentious,

I think those 2 traits should be clear enough. Why is so hard for people to be just "NICE" and be "HONEST"?

That's what this man wants.

lamborgini13
Msg: 19 (view)

We're all equal under the law. Unless..........
Posted: 1/26/2010 4:09:49 PM
Now there's a big can of worms that just got opened up.

We all know that there is no such thing as "life is fair" or "we are all treated equal"... it is a matter of fact and reality.

I, for one, being a visible minority and working in a Provincial Government office experience and have been experiencing this type of behavior for most of my life.

I keep repeating myself but I truly believe if WE (the collective public) really want to change things, then get off your royal polite Canadian (I'm Canadian also) asses and do something about it.
The stress that we put ourselves through discussing issues like this is not that great for our health, both mentally or physically. We are (and I will include myself in this group) a polite and complacent group. This is a good quality as well as a hindrance. We see lots of action taken place in other countries when it comes to dealing with inadequate and ugly politics and the public does something about. It is sad that there are casualties that occur but for the most part change does happen, eventually. Over here we're pretty much like cattle out in the field...we tend to follow the group, don't want to rock the boat.

Racism, prejudices, and unfair treatment due to status and such are a big part of our reality. It's a crying shame that it even exists. I fight with it every day. Yes I do. But life goes on - and guess what - it goes on with or without us.

Thanks for listening/reading...

lamborgini13
Msg: 51 (view)

How do you let a guy down?
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:20:16 PM
Thanks for the comments. I didn't mean to take a 3 rd party with you. I meant if it went further on to such things like stalking or he just doesn't get it...and keeps hounding you the next day/night or whatever... but you get my drift.
I also don't feel sad for you personally, I feel sad for the event and the fact that the jerk was obviously there for one thing only. I also feel very sad that there exists the women battering that occurs daily around the world. It is disgusting that humans treat other humans better that their dogs/cats.
I wouldn't be on this site if my wife hadn't passed away and my buddies kept nagging me to try it out...oh well. nothing ventured nothing gained...and I'm learning a lot.
Thanks "Vannili".

lamborgini13
Msg: 38 (view)

Is the internet the place to meet a significant other?
Posted: 1/25/2010 11:15:40 PM
That is a great question. I personally don't give much hope in this venture. Why the hell am I on here? Bored...checking...wishing...hoping that I'm wrong...???

I don't exactly know why but I've given myself 1 month. After that I'm pretty much done. I think fate will have the upper hand and que sera sera...

Sometimes I think that maybe I try too hard to look for something that's supposed to happen in its own time. There things that we just don't have control over, especially when it comes to the human condition.
I guess I was intrigued with this forum setup more so that the search for someone under the matches. I like the questions posed. I don't know a whole lot of people here in the 'peg so this is a pretty neat way of getting involved in discussions.

As for meeting the significant other...probably not likely going to happen based on the various inputs from other on this topic.

It would interesting to find out some stats as to what the success rate is for 'meeting your significant other' if they keep such a stat. I would bet it's less that 5 %. And that may be too high.

I think the best way to meet people is to have a network of friends and family to get the exposure to people. And those people usually have that "6 degrees of separation" with your various networks...

Just my opinion...

lamborgini13
Msg: 166 (view)

Dating within' your League
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:59:06 PM
Okay let's be real here. The "league" does exist whether we want it to or not. There are those people out there that look for certain attributes to stay with. Look around dudes/gals. It happens.
Now whether or not you choose to try out for that league is really up to you. And if you do decide to try out then you better bring you "A" game. Of course promoting your best qualities is what it's all about, but the rejection percentages are quite high. More often that not the person in that so called 'higher league' is trying to maintain a certain image. She or he may not want to go through the ridicule or social scandals or 'behind the back chats' about he or she.
It's all relative and I don't think society will ever change when it comes to views of 'leagues' or 'class'. It's all there and it exists, but it always falls back to us to help make that change happen. I adopted a saying that I love....

nothing ventured nothing gained. Why take last place before you line up at the starting blocks...

lamborgini13
Msg: 49 (view)

How do you let a guy down?
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:49:51 PM
I feel very sad for you "vannili" of what happened to you at that night club. I'm not one of those men who think women are weak if they express their feelings and are being polite and nice. On the contrary. I believe women and men alike need to be open and honest with each other. If it isn't working between the two then they need to move on.
If a woman needs to let a guy down then do it quick and make sure he understands you. If he doesn't understand then get someone to intervene and help him to understand. Sometimes a third party is helpful in decrypting the language between 2 people. The emotions run so high that the individuals involved are too clouded by what they are trying to achieve or gain or even conquer rather than looking at the picture and realizing that it's just not working.

lamborgini13
Msg: 1393 (view)

Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:44:11 PM
I believe that older women eventually choose to settle down with older men because of their idea that it's more stable. The older man is usually a lot more financially stable, pretty much established in his career or perhaps is a small business man. The older woman may flirt and even go out with a younger man during the "sexual peak" stages of her life and that's simple gratification/need. I guess it depends on what we determine as "older woman". I'm talking more about women in their lates 40's and 50's.

Just my point of view...

lamborgini13
Msg: 268 (view)

short women/tall men
Posted: 1/25/2010 10:37:58 PM
I would like to jump in here...
I'm short by average standards. Five feet six inches. I dated a girl for 5 years who is 5 feet 10" tall. She was ballet dancer and her slight frame made her look even taller when she was with me. I married later on a girl that was also five feet 10 inches tall.

I personally don't think height should be an issue as long as there is love. Wow, what a cliche. Women can't help themselves. Someone mentioned this earlier on that due to the media, movies and the way society portraits couples, the men are supposedly the protectors, hunters, providers, etc. All those dominant traits that were at one time important for the survival of our species.
In today's realistic society women are much more independent and more self sufficient. I mean, they really require us to procreate and maintain the gene pool. With technology advancements and the progressiveness of women independence men are becoming less and less the 'hunter-gatherer' and provider.

So as a short person I guess it would be nice if women were less superficial and more practical. The claim to be but hey, take a look around... makeup sales have tripled in the past 5 years, fashion is sky high, let's not mention cosmetic surgery and fitness studios...

As long as there is love, happiness, and honesty...the height doesn't matter to me. If they pick that one trait to say "no thanks"...well then the message is pretty obvious about who they really are...

lamborgini13
Msg: 9 (view)

Smart woman... bad judgement?
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:20:58 PM
Well I do believe that smart men also make bad judgements as well.

We tend to think with 2 parts of our bodies. One being the brain and the other being the heart. When it comes to emotional decision making we tend to run with the heart. The brain usually keeps us in check - logically and sometimes brutally. But most of the times we tend to lead with the heart when it comes to judegements connected to emotions or emotional situations.

We're only human and even though we should learn from the experiences we are often doomed to repeat them. History has certainly shown us that.

Just thought I would drop in and give an opinion. I'm brand new to this so bear with me and thanks for letting me drop in.
 lamborgini13
Msg: 49 (view)

Could you ever trust someone you met on a dating site?
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:15:03 PM
Well that's a great question. I'm very new here so bear with me please.

I think people need to understand (my opinion only) that there are 2 things driving us on these sites. 1. sexual desires and 2. companionship

Once we understand the difference and the needs of both and be able to discern what it is we're actually looking for and at the same time (here's the clincher) be HONEST about what we want...things can go a whole lot easier. Come on now, we need to be up front and say it as it is. Tell each other what we're looking for. . .

Can you trust someone you met on a dating site? Well, I guess you'll know for sure after meeting the person face to face a couple of times. Just sending text back and forth is no way to gain trust. It's like picking up a book, do you trust what you read, unless it happens to be technical manual of some sort.

I don't even trust the biographies that I read. Embellishment is one of surest ways to convince someone that what you're reading is real, supposedly. So I guess what I'm saying is NO, I can't trust someone just from virtual dating. I have to meet the person face to face and have some chats with them before knowing if I trust that individual. T'besides, Trust is earned.
 lamborgini13
Msg: 20 (view)

One thing...
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:55:56 PM
I would have to say that I can't live without love. Now there's a big word. LOVE...hmmm...comes in many forms.
The companionship that love offers, the love from family, there are many types. So to answer the question...LOVE is what I can't live without.
 lamborgini13
Msg: 58 (view)

What do men want ????
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:52:40 PM
Well why repeat what every guy is saying out there.

To be totally honest. I want what is real. I want a woman to be real and up front. I've been new to the dating internet scene for about 3 weeks and so far I've had 4 scams come across to me. Luckily I didn't fall for any of them. I do consider myself to be somewhat intelligent. I mean to say, are there any sites out there that isn't infected with the scamers that want a quick buck? Come on. Talk about tainting the mind set. I have become more skeptical than ever. This is not what I want.

The other thing I want is pictures to be real. Are those pictures of those women really who they say they are? A gorgeous woman who men would be dropping all over them and certainly they wouldn't be lacking in date request.

I just want some real women to step up and perhaps make first contact. Be assertive like your profile says you are. Is it so hard to show your confidence ladies like you do in the working world?

Sorry about the ranting but I hope you can understand what I want.
 lamborgini13
Msg: 446 (view)

Greetings from a newbie
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:46:36 PM
Greetings. I'm new, recently single and well... got my fishing rod in hand with bait and we'll see what nibbles I can attract...
 lamborgini13
Msg: 383 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:38:41 PM
Well I haven't given up, although I'm thinking that women are so totally in control that it becomes somewhat intimidating trying to approach women. They know what they want, or so it seems.
I was married to a woman 25 years younger than me. At first it felt great. I don't even begin to look 40 even though I just turned 52. Many think I'm in my 30's. But the problem is that women grow up physically so quickly that we assume that they are also mature mentally. They are not. Less than 15% of them are not even close to the maturity level compared to 25 or 30 years ago. There is where the problem lies.
I refuse to give up but I don't put a lot of faith in dating sites. It's too easy to pretend. When the time comes to actually meet, they never do.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Show ALL Forums