Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ever walked out on family?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 26 (view)

Ever walked out on family?
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:29:21 PM
no, family runs deep
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 106 (view)

How do you handle it when a gay person hits on you?
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:28:09 PM
take it as a compliment regardless of what gender 'hits' on me
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 26 (view)

Son Off To The Military....
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:26:51 PM
nope, not my son
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 191 (view)

chemtrails
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:24:27 PM
do do do do....

something's gotta get ya! : )
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 39 (view)

Oh Canada!
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:23:20 PM
i'm with the indigenous folks on this one
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 105 (view)

Kidnap any Haitian babies lately?
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:15:35 PM
leave th0se babies alone... leave em with their culture... what feels nutural
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 40 (view)

Iraq 'expels Blackwater security employees'
Posted: 2/17/2010 7:13:27 PM
do ya wanna hurl? : )
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 51 (view)

Alberta pushes ahead on law allowing kids to be pulled from lessons on religion, sex
Posted: 2/16/2010 7:57:02 PM
if i had to do it again... home schooling for sure, for sure!
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 28 (view)

canada in shock today - russell williams, death at the olympics
Posted: 2/13/2010 6:46:54 PM
yes ya can (argue with tradition), ask the first nations folks.... : )
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 40 (view)

Tesla and the electic aether motors for cars
Posted: 2/13/2010 5:19:59 AM
i was wondering about tesla's electro magnetic waves that might be in the environment... the haarp kinda stuff, and if so, could they affect how this type of engine operates?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2010 9:32:34 PM
rape, murder and military is exceptional? yeah, ok
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 1525 (view)

Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 2/12/2010 9:30:29 PM
i don't hate em, but i don't trust em either
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2010 5:54:58 PM
it would be trenton ontario ... perhaps it hasn't hit mainstream usa news yet
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 2/12/2010 5:42:12 PM
the olympics are to start with a tragedy? ... death on the luge

a commander of a base in trenton stands implicated in rape and murder

my question... why aren't we talking about this on this forum?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 37 (view)

Tesla and the electic aether motors for cars
Posted: 2/12/2010 2:27:05 PM
any chance there is a connection with tesla's work and toyota problems? probably a reach
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 138 (view)

No abortion! No Adoption!
Posted: 2/10/2010 9:59:14 PM
perhaps we need to look at why some women are in such desperate situations?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 18 (view)

Never drank, never smoked, still a virgin...am i missing out on life?
Posted: 2/10/2010 9:50:55 PM
suggest you don't try smoking : )
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 12 (view)

The passing of a wonderful man
Posted: 1/29/2010 11:18:19 AM
A great quote of Mr Howard Zinn “I'm worried that students will take their obedient place in society and look to become successful cogs in the wheel - let the wheel spin them around as it wants without taking a look at what they're doing. I'm concerned that students not become passive acceptors of the official doctrine... that's handed down to them from the White House, the media, textbooks, teachers and preachers.”
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 92 (view)

Goverment trust
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:08:52 PM
government trust sounds like an oxymoron to me
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 56 (view)

Gypsy interlude
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:54:17 PM
indigenous peoples are an endangered species... if you live off the land, you are a target
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 64 (view)

Obama’s Tonight Show gift to Palinistas – and more toward 2012
Posted: 4/20/2009 9:11:48 PM
new puppet

same old show
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 23 (view)

its time for the military to go on strike
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:01:02 PM
what if they had a war and nobody came? time for all folks to go on strike from the war business
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 8 (view)

60 year old has twins in Calgary
Posted: 2/5/2009 9:25:36 PM
i know a wonderful 84 year old woman happily living with her grandaughter, aged 19

her son, who was the custodial parent after his separation, passed away 3 years ago

she had helped her son raise his daughter from the age of six - a multi generational family

to see her and her beautiful grandaughter together is a wonderous thing

let me do the math... 84 minus 19, plus six... she was 65? when she became a 'second time round mom' to a 6 year old

age is an attitude... some are old and stupid at 20 and many are young and wise at 70+

i know that the 84 year old that i speak of still keeps a vegetable garden, washes most of their clothes by hand, keeps a spotless home, sews and enjoys cooking a feast for plenty... looks about sixty ... she likes a good party! loves to laugh!

and, according to her grandaughter, is expected as per the doctor's prognosis, to live to 100

her grandaughter cherishes her and helps her as much as possible in the garden, hanging up the laundry, mowing the lawn, shovelling snow, cleaning, cooking

she feels SO blessed to have had this woman in her life

i volunteer at an 'old of the cold' shelter program for low income and homeless individuals... there is a 16 year old who is regularly coming in again this year... pregnant again this year... where is the baby she was pregnant with last year?

who are we to judge? who is old? who is young? who is able?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 42 (view)

Proud of Heritage. Are you?
Posted: 2/3/2009 8:22:39 PM
BLADY I'm proud you're proud! We've come a long way baby!

From my understanding, all human life comes from Africa so although I'm now white I probably came from black and I'm proud. Proud of my roots. Proud of what made me, me!

I agree with heretic too and his comment. I'm a humanist too!
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 27 (view)

Walmart Worker Killed by Holiday Shoppers...
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:55:57 PM
sad....... eh?

really sad
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 11/28/2008 8:22:21 PM
pride for me has nothing to do with nationalism nor religion

i'm proud of the way my family loves each other.... i like how we are with each other despite the many countries we've been spread to

i'm proud of those that came before me and influenced me

proud of my heritage, hell ya!
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 11 (view)

What stocks / mutual funds would you buy now?
Posted: 11/28/2008 8:06:45 PM
i'd invest in liquidation... then run for the hills, and go

au naturelle!
 kitchenerkat

What stocks / mutual funds would you buy now?
Posted: 11/28/2008 6:27:48 PM
none... same as yesterday and the day before
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 11/19/2008 7:19:26 PM
i was on that boat for weeks to get 'here'

love the stories from my ancestors about my heritage
 kitchenerkat

Posted: 11/19/2008 6:12:03 PM
heritage, in terms of what i've inherited from my ancestors, i'm very proud of

has nothing to do with my nationality... that's a legality and a label
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 12 (view)

Best Political Websites?
Posted: 11/14/2008 5:51:54 PM
www.commondreams.org
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 267 (view)

Barack Obama, the most Amazing cadidate4 president in decades makes a powerful speech today 3/18/08
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:59:16 PM
the solutions to humanity's woes are not political but rather philosophical

why do we do what we do?

who benefits from what we do?

(follow the money trail folks)

obama is the next puppet in an addictive soap opera

best thing about obama, is the dream

kinda like buying a lottery ticket
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 5 (view)

Remember the Minutemen?
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:43:15 PM
fear appears to be a hot commodity
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 3 (view)

Remember the Minutemen?
Posted: 11/13/2008 6:37:36 PM
explain that to the natives of this land dmotzie regarding 'undesirables'.... oh... and google the causes of the mass migration that is currently occurring globally

kitchenerkat
Msg: 1 (view)

Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:54:15 PM
What follows is a list of the five most infamous Rahmbo tales. It's the stuff legends are made of:

1. Mailing a Dead Fish

Emanuel is known for his panache for treating donors right. He sends them cheesecakes from Eli's, the famous Chicago bakery. But the one pollster who notoriously ticked off Rahmbo received a 2 1/2 foot decomposing fish in the mail -- ripe, stinky, and to the point.

2. Fundraising the Bugsy Siegel Way

His foray into fundraising started in Chicago while campaigning for Mayor Richard Daley's reelection, when Emanuel raised a record number of donations. His sales pitch was simple enough: He'd tell contributors he found their offers so low it was embarrassing and then hang up on them. Mortified, the donors were shamed into calling back and giving more.

3. Nearly Losing His Finger

When he was a senior in high school, he sliced his finger while working at Arby's. But instead of seeking medical attention, he decided to celebrate prom night by swimming in Lake Michigan. The bone and blood infection that resulted was so severe it practically killed him. Scrappy and determined, even at death's door with a fever of 106 degrees, he pulled through, only losing part of his finger.

4. Threatening Tony Blair

Never a mincer of words, Emanuel didn't couch his meaning when he offered Tony Blair counsel just before the then British prime minister appeared with President Clinton during the Monica Lewinsky scandal: "This is important. Don't ---- it up."

5. Knifing the Dinner Table

The most infamous Rahmbo story of them all is the one that begins with the dinner the night after Bill Clinton was elected in 1992. Among those present at the dinner table was ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos, who watched while an overwrought and clearly exhausted Emanuel began ranting at a long list of Clinton "enemies." As he shouted each name, he stabbed the table with his steak knife: "Nat Landow! Dead! Cliff Jackson! Dead!" Apparently, others joined in.

The bottom line: If Emanuel's appointment is a signal of anything, it is that the genteel, arugula-eating president-elect is coming to play hardball.who is this guy and why did obama pick him for chief of staff?"

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/10236

who is this guy?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 66 (view)

Troops support Obama by 6 to 1
Posted: 11/4/2008 4:37:29 AM
'During the Vietnam era, soldier dissent took many forms and played a critical, but sometimes forgotten, role in bringing to a halt U.S. aggression in Southeast Asia, writes historian of the GI resistance movement David Cortright in his book Soldiers in Revolt.'

http://www.citizen-soldier.org/DDcoffeehouse.html

is this why the votes of many of the soldiers in iraq will not be counted? they are fed up with what is going on there and back at home?

According to a U.S election official, only about 30% of overseas military ballots were actually returned and counted.
One reason is every state has its own rules for absentee voting.
And they can change in the middle of an election cycle.
Another problem is that U.S mail is hard to deliver through a battlefield.
Congressman Kevin McCarthy says absentee ballots mailed from war zones are not getting to county registrars fast enough to be legally counted.

http://www.wnct.com/nct/news/local/military/article/soldiers_voting_ballots_not_counted/22317/
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 34 (view)

Why do people ask about other's ethnicity?
Posted: 10/31/2008 11:13:58 AM
i don't ask about ethnicity, but i'm often asking.... where are you from? when i hear accents... i like trying to place accents

some folks ask... why do you want to know?

invariably this leads to discussion about where they have immigrated from, where they have lived, how long they have been here, what are their impressions, etc, etc

so for me it's accent... if i overheard a minority person speaking english as i'm accustomed to hearing it from individuals who grew up in this area ... i don't ask... where are you from?

so i guess it's the immigrant stories i'm interested in... i really don't care where they are from... i'm interested in their journey

apparently my grandmother who was in her 50s when we came to canada would often ask strangers, wherever she met them, where they were from when she heard familiar accents...

shrug! guess i come by it naturally...

now remembering enjoying sitting in airports waiting for flights or loved ones and watching all the different cultures go by... and wondering about their journey

guess it depends on where the person who is asking is coming from... and how would you know unless you ask... 'why do you want to know?'

therein lies the answer to your question... ask those that ask you
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 10 (view)

Leaders fear new voting rules will discourage aboriginal voters
Posted: 10/31/2008 2:35:02 AM
ok, so what we want the first nations people to do is to follow the rules of the immigrants? lol

as if everyone in most first nations communities don't know each other by face! they don't need ID in their culture... ID is something brought here by immigrants with european rules

an aside, but connected

why is that the votes of too many of the soldiers serving overseas are also not counted in american elections?... 'the 'logistics' are difficult!' or something to that effect, while they claim the ability to conduct a precision war and show us their technical ability with' shock and awe'...also, 'they often arrive too late!' hmmmm... people have been voting all over america for the last few days...

this smells like the policy of removing groups of people from the right to vote if it is felt they may vote against the status quo - appears to be a more and more frequent tactic... making lists of people who will be denied the right to express their opinion because of the 'rules'... making lists
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 61 (view)

Why is a U.S. Army brigade being assigned to the Homeland?
Posted: 10/31/2008 2:02:05 AM
the 'coup' is not being set up by we the people... we the people are being set up

my father is a vet and i try to be respectful to him at all times because i know he felt he tried to make the right decisions for the right reasons... most times during war, he was just trying to survive

concentration camp philosophy?

i'm sure my mom at 16 thought a lot about the 'why' of their situation... when she wasn't sneaking out of camp with her 14 year old brother, desperately needing to find some kind of food somewhere so their 4 yr old sister, who was already bald of malnutrition, didn't die... she told me how they watched the patterns of the guards and how sometimes the bullets flew above as they ran crouched... out, then later in...

now as a mother, i tend to think more about avoiding that situation for myself , my children, for all humanity

call it philosophy, call it thinking, call it maternal instinct...

calling it as i see it and keeping an eye on the radar

first casualty of war is truth

won't matter who you vote for, they are both puppets stirring the pot... november 5th, should be interesting

divide and conquer... age old strategy that has proven effective... while they are walking out the back door with the gold

he who holds the gold, makes the rules... no? lol... and apparently the wars

peace : )
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2008 4:19:30 PM
they have a new mission,

and it ain't pretty
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 879 (view)

Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 10/30/2008 3:31:46 PM
yeah, sure you came to release all those being starved

try googling the bleiburg massacre... and who was complicant

"The survivors of the initial atrocities were organized into forced marches by the 7th Brigade of the 17th Partisan Division. The Croatians called them the "Death Marches." Tens of thousands of men, women and children were marched, hands tied with wire, through the villages and towns of southern Austria and Slovenia. On their southward trek toward the camps, they were starved, beaten, raped and ridiculed. Those who did not march were shot and dumped into shallow graves or caves. Wounded and ill Croatian soldiers and civilians in hospitals and field camps were loaded onto wagons and sent toward the camps with the southbound sea of humanity. Many would not survive. Those who did live would spend as much as a decade in concentration camps, labor battalions and prisons. Finally, the government of Yugoslavia plowed over Croatian military cemeteries and attempted to erase all traces of the Bleiburg massacres. As late as 1974 graves were removed to block investigation of the tragedy. 2 The total number of people liquidated may never be known. Despite the scholarship and masses of documents proving the contrary, the Yugoslav government denied that the Bleiburg-Maribor massacres or any subsequent liquidation of anti-Communists occurred. As late as 1976 special teams were active in Slovenia and southern Austria cover-ing up evidence of the crimes. The American and British governments, implicated in the forced repatriation that led to the slaughter, also sought to cover-up or at least ignore the crimes."

http://www.ess.uwe.ac.uk/genocide/yugoslav-hist1.htm

don't try and teach me my personal history

my mother's family was 7 km away from bleiburg when they were warned away so they missed the massacre but not the slave labour camps.... who benefitted from the camps?

you do the homework... but, pssst..........america, the UK and Russia

kitchenerkat
Msg: 874 (view)

Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:34:32 PM
loving americans, as i do... my point was, the american government is starting to smell fascist

calling it like i see it

i'll pass movin to the U.S. but you're welcome to come here
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2008 6:32:38 PM
the solutions to humanity's woes are not political

they are philosophical

why is a us army brigade being assigned to the homeland?

why?
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2008 5:22:00 PM

as a caregiver and nurturer... i really think a lot about the 'why'

U.S. Army brigade assigned to the homeland?

WTF?? why?

folks? please think!
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 21 (view)

What role should Citizens play in Politics?
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:14:08 PM
my 'solution', for lack of a better word at this time, would be to dissolve ALL current governments and install grannies!

think about it... i dare you
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 868 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2008 4:43:09 PM
choosing to go to america would be like choosing to go to nazi germany

my dad was forced to fight in hitler's army........ i'm choosing to learn from history

i choose to not go there as long as i still have a choice
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 44 (view)

Halloween Candy - to give or not to give
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:12:59 AM
since when is McDonalds not as bad as candy? yuck!
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 52 (view)

Hardest profession to date?
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:00:34 AM
cops and military men
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 106 (view)

Do you help out people with signs at the end of EXIT RAMPS begging for money?
Posted: 10/12/2008 11:56:47 PM
****, yeah

if they need it and i got it, i'll give it.............. : )
most times
 kitchenerkat
Msg: 43 (view)

A world without MONEY!
Posted: 10/12/2008 11:47:57 PM
explain to me how a world without money would pay the scum sucking middleman?

ooops............. nevermind............. lol

Show ALL Forums