Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Men, what are your definition of an intelligent women?
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 42 (view)

Men, what are your definition of an intelligent women?
Posted: 12/27/2009 11:14:32 AM
@ davidpiano609, I was thinking the same thing!!!
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 16 (view)

Why lie and then...
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:42:50 AM
Fisrt off. We did use condoms (read). Secondly, i'm not looking for anyone to "side" with me as I have already left this guy alone. You guys keep forgetting that these forums are on a dating site. I was just trying to get into the mind of a man and why someone would even think about having a baby with a FWB. However, the responces seem to be everything besides what i'm actually asking; as usual. I have not attacked him once in my question and I'm not asking anybody else to. I had a simple question that required a simple answer. This is the "ask a guy" section when it should be called "ask for ridicule".

Ofcourse there are the classic guys who believe that it's the woman's fault when she gets lied to. I love that one. Maybe I'm in the minority. Maybe most females have psychic abilities and I should just get with the program! I have managed to dodge situations in the past with "red flags". It just turns out that some men are better liars than others. That HAS to be known... .

"It's not the man's fault if he lies and decieves; It's the woman's fault for not knowing about it". Huh??? That rationale ALONE says a lot about the character of the man who actually believes that crap.

Now, can we actually stick to the question at hand? or is that too much to ask??
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 9 (view)

Why lie and then...
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:53:17 PM
I find it funny how (no matter what the content), the OP is always somehow verbaly attacked... Lol There are knit-pickers in every thread.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 8 (view)

Why lie and then...
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:51:01 PM
It's apparent that you're "looking" for a dispute. Homework?? What homework? Following him home to make sure no-one is there? A private investigater perhaps? An interview with co-workers, friends and family?? C'mon. It was a fling for crying out loud! With someone whom I thought was single. Sorry I don't have the ability to read minds. I guess you've never been mislead b4 because you probably had all the answers b4 hand. Some of us just get duped once in a while. Lol I'm done with you; go and debate with someone else.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 4 (view)

Why lie and then...
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:32:49 PM
Ok. You guys can take the word "easy" out of the equation. First off, we are two adults who decided to have sex. Secondly, it took him months to get it B4 I decided that it was something that I wanted because I didnt have relationship time. How does that make me "easy"?? Now, had I posted an ad about this happening to me with five men at once, then ok. But come on... I hate double standards! When men have sex; it's just sex. But when women do it (for the "same" simple pleasure), we're labled as whores or easy; it's a new day. Stop it and be serious.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 1 (view)

Why lie and then...
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:10:27 PM
Ok. So I was sleeping with this guy recently. We both agreed that it woul dbe strictly a friends with benefits type of deal; as I have changed my mind in wanting to get serious with anyone right now. All-of-a-sudden, he starts talking about how beautiful I am and how I could make him a pretty daughter. Then, after sex he would say things like "You wanna have my baby don't you?" or " If you get pregnant, you can't have an abortion". Considering the status of our relationship, needles to say, I was a little put off by this.

Here's the kicker. I decided to have one last fling with him (kinda like goodbye sex [call me crazy]) because I knew it would be a while b4 I did this again, only to find out that the whole time he had a live-in girlfriend (which I think was a wife). Ofcourse I got the "usual BS" about how he's not really happy there and he's only staying for his child, ETC.... Why in God's name would a man even consider trying to impregnate someone if he already has a family at home??? I believe it's because he's nuts, but you guys may have a different take on it. Thanks.

Special thanks goes out to the inventor of condoms.
 poeticalbeauty

Guys, how long can you do this??
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:51:02 PM
Okay, I know that guys don't associate sex with love (at least it's what I've been told for the longest). Now, I'm hearing some guys say that they could possibly become attached. Now I'm asking again. Could you ever become emotionally attached to a woman based on sexual chemistry? Also, what if the sexual relationship lasted for several months? Would you still be able to seperate your feelings over a longer period of time?

I'd really just like those questions answered without peoples psycho-analysis of me (that seems to be popular on these forums).

Thanks!

poeticalbeauty
Msg: 19 (view)

Am I assuming correctly??
Posted: 9/18/2009 1:58:29 PM
Well i never "literally" told him he had to "earn" his way in. Lol that was just 'in-short" hand . but I basically just let him know that I wasn't a "one night stand' type of female.

I agree that he hung around thinking that he was close. the truth is? He was very close! He gave up just as I was ready; saved me the heartache. And yes, it it my body and it is about when I'm ready! (for all those guys who'll accuse me of being selfish). He had a right to leave however, and that he did.

He will not be getting that call in a weak moment though... lol makes sense though. Lol
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 40 (view)

Let's talk about economy cars.
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:08:21 AM
Oh, you're asking for peoples opinions? I thought you had it all figured out... I guess not. LOL
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 12 (view)

So which one is it??
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:05:56 AM
thanks invictus for answering the question as opposed to attacking me for asking one. I really enjoyed your thoughtful response as a man. We are in the ask a "guy" section arent we??? Hmmm

The reflecting should actually come when we STOP asking questions and feel that we have it all figured out; I will NEVER stop wanting to learn about other people!
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2009 10:01:03 AM
Wow thanks david. that actually makes a lot of sense to me!
 poeticalbeauty

So which one is it??
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:58:27 AM
you dont seem to think highly of me. if i didnt care about men i wouldnt care to know what or what does not please them... c'mon...lol
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 5 (view)

So which one is it??
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:55:21 AM
Not a hang-up, just a specific question on a specific subject? is ther something wrong with curiosity? That's the WHOLE point of forums isn't it? I am in the "ASK" a guy section right? Hmmm...
 poeticalbeauty

So which one is it??
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:35 AM
That "sounds" good you... but actions speak louder than words and the emphasis seems to always be on sex when it comes to men which forces us as women to focus one the same; or at least try to re-direct you to other issues. if only that were true. it is all you guys talk about whne you get together, the FIRST thing you see when you look at a woman, be real...
 poeticalbeauty

So which one is it??
Posted: 9/18/2009 9:47:20 AM
Okay, so my last thread sparked a new question:

Which is it???

I am a woman looking for love. Yes. Love. Not a fling, or a friend with benefits.

You guys don't realize this but SOME women actually listen when you talk and I am one of them!!! Lol

So, in a nut-shell you (men) told me not to put out sex too soon because a man will never take you seriously. Okay, now i'm taking that advice.

However, I am now being labeled as a tease and being accused of making men want to earn it as if it were a tropy and ETC...

So now i'm TOTALLY confused? Not being sarcastic, but which one is it??
 poeticalbeauty

Posted: 9/18/2009 9:38:35 AM
Steve: The post on here is null-n-void as im not looking for love out here.

As far as keeping sex as a trophy to be won? Uhh no, i'm just not giving it away like it's unvaliable. period! Trust me, I say yes to sex. But first date or even month sex is a no-no. sometimes it seems to me that some men just dont know what they want. you say you'd NEVER take a woman who puts out too fast seriously, yet she's labeled as a tease when she doesnt...geez! and you call us complicated! LOL
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2009 9:33:07 AM
QTOMUSTANG: Neat response! I don't think that he ha spotential NOW, I meant I thought he did before he started acting like a jerk. The one thing I'll NEVER understand is how a person could still feel "teased" even after they were told beforehand what to NOT expect... that happens a lot too. It's like inviting someone over and telling them (beforehand) that you dont have anything cold to drink, and them leaving upset because you made them go thirsty... l ol
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 9/18/2009 9:29:09 AM
Wow Scratch off! What an inciteful and practical response!

I guess we ask ourselves "why" most of the time out of human curiosity... But you' re right. He didn't value my time, and yes, I have physically moved on since. I am, however, allowing him to rent out some mental space and I am making an effort to adjust that right now. I guess that I am just a little upset at the fact that I THOUGHT I was a good judge of character. You meet someone and think that they're one way and they turn out to be the total opposite; it can take you for a spin!

Thanks to all of you who responded so far!
 poeticalbeauty

Posted: 9/18/2009 9:05:34 AM
Gonna get right to the point...

So there is this guy that I was talking to over about 4 months. We went out a few times and I have allowed him to come back to my place a few times. Knowing that most men see a home invitation as an invitation for sex (according to the men I asked), I let him know that I would not be delivering on the spot and that he would have to earn his way in.

Well, he still called almost every day and talked to me with one MAJOR noticible diff. He stood me up twice! He'd call and ask to come and see me and then would just 'not show up'. He even asked me out to the movies last week, only to call and say that he was too tired to go. Why the games? If I am not putting out quick enough for him why not just move on? Why keep calling me and asking to see me or take me out, or tell me that he misses me, only to renig or stand me up later? I have since given up on him as I KNOW that I deserve better.

Heres what i'm assuming: He keeps calling me to stay connected with me to use as a last resort. In the meantime he's visiting spending time with women who are actually putting out? Let me know if you think I'm correct please? I'm Just curious because he had a lot of potential until he decided that I wasn't worth the wait... oh well.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 14 (view)

Is sex just that good???
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:19:50 AM
DESRET WILDFLOWER, dead on!!!!! They dont want to spend money on a date, yet if you invite them over, they assume you want sex, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE "TOLD" NO, IN ADVANCE ... Its a lose, lose situation. If i say i wanna just talk, I just wanna talk. If i say movie, chances are I have a few picked out and some popcorn in the microwave. Since when does me saying sure you can come over and keep me company mean: sure, you can come over and have hot sex with me? You guys just need to learn self-control and that there is more to life than a quick nut! That's why you're miserable when you get up in age and can't get an erection, cause you have made this your entire life. Now, most of you guy's will reject this statement. Meanwhile, you'd be the same ones that think an invitation to someones home is an invitation into her pants. These reasons are exactly why so many woman roll thier eyes at you when you try to talk to them.

I dont know why everyone "assumes" this guy is a stranger. He is not a stranger; only romantically. Unfortunatly, I cant post the every single detail in the thread (not novel).

I believe the ones who said that I was basically a challange for him are probably correct. Had he gotten me to say yes, it would have been a stroke for his ego.

It's funny how we live in a society where you could STILL be blamed for an outcome that you where "Clear" on, that you didnt want. If I tell a man "STRAIGHT-UP" that i'm NOT looking for sex, how am I teasing him but not giving it to him? Does yes really mean no ,and no really mean yes? Somebody clue me in because apparently, i'm lost...
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 6 (view)

Is sex just that good???
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:17:51 AM
The mere fact that a visit to someone's home means "yes" to sex is very scary...

So navigator6 (as a man) my question still stands. Why try sex from a woman who is "clearly" interested more; as opposed to a woman who is READY AND WILLING to give you JUST THAT???
 poeticalbeauty

Is sex just that good???
Posted: 5/26/2009 6:31:38 AM
Ok. I met a guy whom I was verrrrrry interested in. I am a very conservative female, whom you will most likely NEVER have a one-night-stand with; as that sort of thing is not for me (not judging anyone else). With that being said, I told this guy how I felt after he expressed interest in me. He had me pegged right!! Everything he said sounded great and it seemed as though he was 'Crystal clear' that my intentions where NOT simply sex, but a relationship (if we where compatible).

However, my first red flag that he was interested in only sex was that he never asked me out, but tried to "come and see me" instead. Well, I allowed him against my better judgement. As thought, he tried his best to get my cloths off. I told him that it was too soon and I was not looking for casual sex. My question?

It's fine if a man only wants sex. But, there are PLENTY of woman out there looking for one night stands; why not just sleep with them? Why try to manipulate a woman who has "clearly" expressed that she is interested in more? I don't get this concept because it's one thing to love sex, but another thing to completely disrespect someone elses wishes. Needless to say, he use to call me everyday, since he didn't get what he wanted I haven't heard from him; I have a feeling I would NOT have gotten a phone call either way though...

Pease respond to what is written if "THIS FORUM". For some unknown reason, people out here will look up your OLD FORUMS and respond those instead... I don't get that
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 18 (view)

It's BEEN over. So why is he taunting me?
Posted: 11/30/2008 6:56:49 PM
Uhh, for the people who felt that I would blast them for diasgreeing with me, Wrong!
I just feel that it is wrong to "insult" someone and be so harsh towards them because YOU disagree. Period.

I think that this world has really changed for the worse. Since when is it OK for women who are strange to the child to pick them up? Really. If a man changes girlfriends like underwear, how is that ok to present to their child as an example? I am really mortified at how many people just look at that like it's no big deal simply because he is the father. What if he had a bad break-up with this girl that 'he himself' hardly knows? Now, she knows exactly where to go and pick-up my son and "I" would have no way of telling the police how to find her! Regardless of wether he could find her, it could have been avoided. You guys are like, so what if a ten year old is allowed to stay out until two am. So what if strange women picks him up from school. I'M GLAD THAT A FEW PEOPLE COULD SEE THAT THIS IS NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA. MAYBE UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THIER CHILD, SOME MINDS WILL CHANGE. So what if he purposley causes chaos; you only have a child together, why should you get along? Your only his mother,mind your business. ........ I am OBVIOUSLY asking the wrong kind of people for advice...

I know for a fact that my son was NOT SLEEP when they were out because he called me numorous times. As his mother, I do not feel that it is EVER ok to purposley be out until 2 am with a ten year old. period! Unless the circumstances don't allow them to get home at an earlier time. "It was about him wanting to stay." He could have brought him home, went back, and stayed as long as he liked. It's not "HIM" that I care to control, it's the direction and protection of my child's life that I want to control (until he's old enought to control it himself); I have that right as his primary caregiver.

I have NEVER bad mouthed my son's father to him; I think that's wrong too. And please tell me where/when I said I wanted to cut the ties from my son with his father? I said exactly the opposite! lucretia, where'd you get that idea? 929 was talking about ME cutting him off from ME, not my son. I like it how an OP comes out here with one idea and set of circumstances, and the responders get to throw in what they wish and twist words all around; even if it is untrue.

I learned one thing as a OP out here. POSITIVE, RESPECTFUL, OR SINCERE responces are not impossible, but really hard to come by.
 poeticalbeauty

Posted: 11/28/2008 10:51:32 PM
passthemuster, you "are" being nit-picky because that was a small mistake. ok. 10 years. Happy? and this is a totally different situation than the last thread.

Silentsteel, How is looking out for the best interest of my son controling? what do you mean being told when and what to do? When did I do that? So you're saying I should just allow him to take my son around "just anybody" and not say a thing for fear of being controling? How much sense does that make? I have made suggestions. My primary responsibility is to protect my son, I could care less about the whole "she's trying to control me" crap! Maybe if you could get past the whole ego thing, you'd see that.

Honestly, some people just "look" for stuff to dispute... IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED YOU DONT HAVE TO RESPOND.

To the rest, thanks!
 poeticalbeauty

Posted: 11/28/2008 9:57:53 PM
I have been out of a relationship with the father of my son for 9 years now. I, for the sake of my son, am trying to be as peaceable as possible even though we don't get along. It seems that for everything that I try, he (my sons father) purposly sabotages it.

I don't celebrate holidays. So, I (as the parent with full custody) allow him to have my son on every single holiday to keep the peace and allow my son one-on-one time. But, on thanksgiving, he took my son to his girlfriends house (which I knew beforehand and didnt gripe about) and brought him home at 2 am; a ten year old. I told him that he was being selfish and if "he" wanted to stay, he could have brought my son home and just went back alone. He had this woman pick my son up from school and got pleasure out of telling me this. It's like he "wants" me to go off in a jealous rage and I refuse. Yes, I am against my son meeting every girlfriend of his. Why, he needs stability. I feel that until he is considering marraige, he shouldn't continue to introduce him. I however, Don't nag him about this, as I can't force him to see thing's my way.

Not just the women, but, even a conversation is painstaking. If I say blue, he says red (and laughs about it). If I ask a question I get "why? if I clear my throat while talking he acuses me of being sarcastic. I can't move without pseudo-offending him. it's like, anything for an argument. He lives to text argue on trivial issues, yet, he avoids anything important. I could go on and on... Why would after all these years, someone not want to bury the hAtchett and get along for the sake of a child and agree-to-disagree? Why does he continue to act as if he hates my guts, especially if I am making a concerted effort to get along? And fella's, before you ask, no, I didn't cheat on him.

Please answer seriously and with the facts given. I really don't need to be psycho-analyzed. ie; maybe you still want him, maybe you're just jealous, ETC... TOTALLY NOT THE CASE!

Thanks
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 16 (view)

Tonsil hockey...without attraction?
Posted: 10/25/2008 9:14:32 PM
She may have thought that the kiss really sucked!

Some people feel that if something was good for them, it was good for the other person. Nope.
 poeticalbeauty

Ex asked me out, what does it mean?
Posted: 10/13/2008 10:16:02 PM
I disagree with all. Either you want her back or you don't. If you want her back, continue to go out with her and see if things progress naturally; it looks like that's what she's trying to do. Being "straight-up" sometime jinx's things. Maybe she doesn't bring up the past because she wants to start over with a clean slate? Think about it.

If you want her, just relax and go with the flow, don't ask questions or overthink things; that only gets in the way of some good fate and good possibilities...
 poeticalbeauty

Next day phone calls.
Posted: 10/13/2008 10:10:19 PM
I agree 100% with desertbulldog. She most likely got your first message. Why should you have to call her again? Seems like she's looking for attention and some woman will give their # to just about anyone for the attention.

You also have the woman who likes to play the "let me tease him for a while" games; either way, you dont need the headache. Move one and cut your losses while you have nothing invested as of yet.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 29 (view)

25 Signs You have Grown Up
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:24:14 PM
When I reported telemarketers for calling my house after hours.

When i said "I aint turning on the heat til november, the bill will be too high too soon, better wear pj's til then."

When I wrote out my first shopping list and actually stuck to it.

when I hung out with my mother 3 saturdays in a row.

I could go on; but i won't...

poeticalbeauty

Sons and Fathers...
Posted: 10/11/2008 8:55:27 PM
Wow. It's funny how our situations are almost identical. from the break-up, to the disorder (mine has adhd), to he ages (mine is almost 11 though).

My son and his father are the total opposite of yours though. my son is more playful and extraverted and his dad is more militant, quiet and by-the-book.

When my son told me this same thing at 10, I just chocked it up to:

1. Him and his father being so different, hence, my son feeling a little awkward around him.

2. He lives with me, and aren't most people more comfortable at home?

3. I (as the softer parent), allow him to get away with much more than his dad would. Sometimes boys just want an easy way out at the good ole' age of puberty.

Like the gentleman said earlier, I will, and have still sent my son with his father. why? because i can't teach him how to be a man. Because we (no matter how many choices we have in life) can't simply choose or "unchoose" parents.

Hang in there and he'll get over it.

I had a little chat with his dad and let him know that my son wasn't really feeling too comfy in his presence. ofcourse i broke it to him gently and gave him some suggestions on things he could do to make the relationship a little lighter and you know what? he listened. he wants to be accepted by his son as much as i want my son to love him. things are slowly changing in the right direction for them now. things take time. hang in there! :o)
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 71 (view)

How can I make a man feel special or intimate with him without having sex?
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:49:35 PM
I think its PATHETIC how you guys have to reduce EVERYTHING down to something sexual!! You are so one-dimensional that it IS a MAJOR turn-off!!!!

*yeilds childish, sarcastic, sexual response*
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 67 (view)

What makes a good lover?
Posted: 7/31/2008 7:29:01 PM
uhhhhh, let me see:

1. Actually brings YOU to climax.

2. Doesn't use the: "sorry, I had to get the first one off to warm-up" line...

3. Can follow through with all of his childish in-the-sack-bragging.

4. Doesn't have to come to my place but invites me to "HIS".

5. Doesn't try to convince you that he is clean so you don't need a condom.

6. Doesn't have a mediocre body and expect YOU to be model'like...

7. Doesn't say: "Yeah baby, you like that?" cause if you have to ask, chances are...
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 48 (view)

Woman and the cum?
Posted: 7/31/2008 3:05:21 AM
I like it on the bum...yum yum
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 104 (view)

Why have so many women never had an orgasm?
Posted: 7/28/2008 5:33:15 AM
Because so "many" men talk a good game and so "few" walk it. I got my first OG from masturbating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I apparently hit all of my spots and I definatly lasted long enough...

Oh, and also what Pandy said...
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 29 (view)

What's a girl to do ? Sigh....
Posted: 6/21/2008 9:57:01 PM
imortalhawkes81

Thanks so much for the advice. Its something to see that I am not the only one going through this. I have stopped texting and calling him (not that I was doing it that much in the first place). The part of me that was curious was the part that used to be, not his girlfriend, but his friend. We had a lonnnnng friendship before we decided to screw that up by getting on to a relationship. Lesson learned.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 27 (view)

Please answer This...
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:48:31 PM
Well put it this way "I" think that its weird; and that doesn't make me crazy, it just means that my oppinion differs from yours. Okay. Now, back to origanal question please...
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 25 (view)

Please answer This...
Posted: 6/21/2008 2:34:42 PM
Rentahusband

ok. So the problem is me because....? I laugh every time! There is ALWAYS one more more ppl in a thread who have to SEARCH for a way to turn the topic on the OP.

That was not the point. Are you telling me that you don't find anything weird about a man trying to reach his ten year old son for TWO DAYS and not try the other TWO alternative numbers? Really...lol At what point does me thinking that this is weird make ME crazy? You are really reaching.

If you cant answer the question as asked, just keep moving. I came out here for advice, not to be attacked and psycho-analyzed. Then again, you are entitled to your own opinion.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 18 (view)

Please answer This...
Posted: 6/21/2008 11:43:17 AM
You guys are giving some great suggestions that I have not thought of. I have however thought about just being civil. But he won't even allow that to happen. I called him a few weeks ago and left a messege about my son's life insurance policy and he hasn't even returned that call.

I understand the comment about me being a "B" sometimes (which could be true) but less often than not. I am actually a very bubbly and easy going person. i don't smoke, do drugs, drink, use profanity and very seldom raise my voice. THIS comes from a lot of personal work; so no, I am not perfect.

I doupt that he is on drugs. He has random tests from work as law enforcement.

Prime example of his behavior? My son has a cell phone. He is away right now and has left that cell phone behind by accident. His father called the phone about three times since yesterday and today. A normal person would call the house phone or call my cell to see if everything was ok. He has not. The old me? I would have volunteered the information that my son is not home and left his cell phone behind but I REFUSE. If he doesn't want any communication, I will (reluctantly) grant his wish.
 poeticalbeauty

What's a girl to do ? Sigh....
Posted: 6/21/2008 6:06:08 AM
Herpes, you say that I am "playing" a victom? if not a victom, what am I? I'd say human... . Why wouldn't I react to being played with? or get upset? Yes, it does effect my child, and if it weren't this issue, it would be something else upsetting him cause thats just the way that life is. People like you have all the solutions to parenting. I guess that you had the kind of childhood that included nothing but cotton candy and laughter; in the "real world", children get upset sometimes, and so do adults.

Had you read my posts without "looking" for a way to attack the OP as many often do, you'd notice that I have tried just about everything to end the "cycle", hence me coming out here for advice...
 poeticalbeauty

Please answer This...
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:06:03 PM
Thanks for the condolances. I have asked; OVER AND OVER. I have humbled myself, apologized several times for things that don't even exist, all for my son. I am now at the point of giving in and returning the behavior. I know that this is childish, BUT I am out of options. he simply won't communicate with me. Actually, this is the bigger part of the reason for our break-up, only, once we broke up it just got ten times worse... It gives me a serious headache because my son gets upset at seeing him ignoring me and seeing me confused about it. what's a girl to do?

Its funny because he treats EVERYONE else with the uttmost respect and has no problem talking to other people. Its possible that he just simply doesnt like me (and thats okay), but why not at least tolerate me for the sake of making our son happy; this is what my attempt was.
 poeticalbeauty

Please answer This...
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:56:42 PM
lol. Yes, at first I thought that maybe he was Bipolar as well. But than I thought about how consistant his relationship was with our son and everyone else who is not ME!!! So, I had to rule that one out. Lol
 poeticalbeauty

I have noticed CONSTANT shifts in his personality over the years
Posted: 6/20/2008 10:05:05 PM
DISCLAIMER: This question is about the father of my child; NO I am not still in love with him, NO I do not want him back. Please guys, could you just aswer the question as honestly as possible without trying to psycho-analyze it? I asking it EXACTLY as I mean it with NO ulterior motives... .

Ok.

My son's father and I have been broken up for over ten years now. I have noticed CONSTANT shifts in his personality over the years. He'll go from calling me and venting about his new relationships, venting about things that happen at work or just shooting the breeze, to not having anything to say to me at all! Sometimes in the same week; this is with nothing having change about our relationship, no arguments ETC...

I even allow him to wait in my home with our son until I get off from work so he could cut down on driving back and forth. He sometimes wont even speak to me when he's in MY HOME! I just want a cordial friendship for the sake of our son. I don't like fighting or being mad at anyone; especially for no reason. Well, to end this: Recently he has just cut all communication with me. He won't return my calls, text messeges (and I don't bug him) or anything! There was no argument (as usual), he just stopped. I haven't talked to him in two weeks. I am a little curious at his up-and-down-attitude, and usually out of no where for no reason. Could anyone explain what this could be? Like I said, I don't want him back; I'm just looking for some consistancy here. Out of respect for his space, I have stopped calling or texting him for the last few weeks; I don't know what else to do... .

Sorry so long. I just wanted to give you guys something to go on...

poeticalbeauty
Msg: 84 (view)

Guys - tell me what this behavior means
Posted: 6/14/2008 8:31:10 PM
Sorry to say this, but I don't think that he's in to you at all. I see a Man who is just using you for a place to stay. He's telling you enough to stay with you, but not enough to have to commit; cause he never will... . Sorry
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 75 (view)

What is it with women and shoes ?
Posted: 5/21/2008 10:13:59 PM
Shoes are as important to woman as sports are to men. The only diff? We actually get use out of our sport... .
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 81 (view)

jehovahs witnesses and christmas
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:16:49 AM
AGAIN, reasearch people! JW's don't "only" use the new world translation... who told you that

Secondly, the new world "tranlsation" says the same thing as most bibles, just in modern language.

Third, The fact that they abstain from blood has NOTHING to do with the lepers...lol (go back to wiki) But more to do with the fact that GOD SAID (via the bible stories) blood was a sacred gift. Period. Not to be transferred from one human to the next, because your blood represented you're soul and he (GOD) Is the ONLY giver of souls! Nothing to do with the lepers. He even talked about the blood of animals which was to be poured to the ground. were the animals lepers too???

As far as being told that we are going to die if we don't serve God. I think that this is GREATLY EXAGGERATED in order to prove a mute point. WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE so whats your point? What you were "really" told, was that if you were not living according to god's standards, you would not recieve the resurrection. right? Let's stop exaggerating people and be real please...

As far as soluting the flag, Its soluting a piece of cloth right? God also said not to worship no one but him; not to worship idols, this is a form of it. So why would you put your hand over your heart and solute a piece of cloth??? talk about being brainwashed...

Also, how'd you conclude that they take everything literally? Have you researched the book of revelation? Nothing but figurative examples which are HEAVILY acknowledged byt he JW's... There are a lot of falshood's floating around on the internet about JW's.

I love it how people are quick to read from unauthorized sources about a religion, but will refuse to just speak to, and ask a JW first hand. Your very opportunity is when they knock on your door... take it; instead of just slamming the door like you were influenced to do...
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 119 (view)

Men DO NOT want to be persued? A rule to the stupid book he's just not that into you
Posted: 5/11/2008 12:23:14 AM
Honestly, I have heard dozens of men say that when they see a woman, sex is the FIRST thing they think about (go ahead, LIE and say its not...).

So no, I am not objectifying women or selling anything. I'm just doing what most people won't; telling it for what it really is.

If I have a biscuit in my hand, should I just assume that my dog is jumping up in the air because he thinks I have pretty hands? and it's my hands that he wants to lick? Get real!!!

Like I said, I don't change for anyone, if I approach you and it turns you off, be gone. I HAVE to be me, no matter what. Period!!! I refuse to read a rule book (or anybook for that matter), that teaches ME how to CHANGE, in order to GIVE someone else something that I already HAVE!!!
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 76 (view)

jehovahs witnesses and christmas
Posted: 5/11/2008 12:02:40 AM
For people who choose religions according to what "pagan" holidays they celebrate, I feel sorry for you.

There are only two birthdays mentioned in the bible, and on one occasion a person was hung from a tree and on the other, John the baptist was beheaded. These examples were (like all other biblical examples) put in the bibile to serve as laws or morals. Question. In the entire bible, from the time Jesus was born, how many times did he or his mother or his father celebrate their birthday? ZERO!!! In fact, Jesus said that " I came to "die" as a ransom sacrifice for you people, for the day of my death is more important than the day of my birth". He ASKED us to tribute him on the day of his DEATH. How many people are making a big deal out of that day though? Instead, you do exactly the opposite and blame JW's for not "following" along.

People these days are so wrapped up in what THEY want to do, rather than what Jesus asked them to. JW's on the other hand, stick to what the bible says, regardless of how UNpopular it may be to the general public.

This includes the fact that the bible tells us to ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD over a dozen of times. So no, JW's are not "killing" anyone by not allowing blood transfusions. They are simply allowing god's will to take place. People are always TALKING about how much FAITH they have in God, Until they are faced with a tough decision, then, all that FAITH goes right out the window!!!

Remember the stories of Abraham and Job? They were great roll models who also proved that they cared more about what GOD WANTED, rather than (unlike most of the people in our time) their own selfish longing... this incudes gambling, drugs, alcohol in excess, fornication, etc... This is the REAL reason people don't want to be JW's; they KNOW that they would have to live according to what the bible says and most people don't REALLY want to serve god the right way, instead they want to serve him their own self-serving way...Period.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 67 (view)

Jehovah's witnesses and Christmas
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:49:12 PM
P.S. I love it when people complain about what JW's are not allowed to do, without doing research.

That whole thing with JW's not being allowed to have a 2 door car , 'untrue', but funny.

So, what classifies a "good religion" to people these days? One that will allow them to do whatever they want with no REAL guidelines or consequences? Or one, 'like a loving parent', that will say "no" from time-to-time for your own good; even if you don't like it?

You may not like the fact they don't celebrate x-mas or birthdays, ETC..., but how much RESEARCH have "you" done on why they don't celebrate? or more importantly, why YOU ARE celebrating? Instead of just going on hearsay or simply by what you WANT to do???

If a person is looking for a religion that will cater to their wants and needs, is it really a "religion"??? Hmmm Its like enrolling an irresponsible child into school saying; "go on the days you want honey..." LOL How much will they benefit?
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 66 (view)

Jehovah's witnesses and Christmas
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:35:02 PM
I have to say that this forum is hilarious!!!

I grew up as a JW and my childhood was farrrrr better than my friends. No I didnt get x-mas gifts. But what I did have was:

A two parent household with values
Spirituality
love
respect
nurturing
gifts all year round
etc....

The Problem? The world puts too much emphasis on "material things' and not enough on what really matters. It hurt me "NOT ONE IOTA" that my parents didnt celebrate; even now as an adult.

Yes, my friends got new things for x-mas. Meanwhile, they got "nothing" (unless on their birthday) for the rest of the year! My father would treat us to ice-cream every thursday after we came from our JW meetings. We would have concerts as a family in the middle of the living room (still do to this day), he would devide his income tax check (after bills) to us to get whatever we wanted, and we still had (with no emphasis on it) all the current toys and cloths the rest of the kids did, I could go on and on!!

What are you really saying here: That JW'S should ignore the fact that this is a pagan holiday (said it yourself), just so they can "lie" to thier children, about santa claus, who doesn't really exist anyway? how does that sound to you? really? Satan does a great job brainwashing some people...

The old saying goes: "You don't miss what you never had"... so for kids who never had x-mas, they really dont miss it; even with other people doing it around them... HONESTLY.
 poeticalbeauty
Msg: 127 (view)

WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:16:57 PM
What about the good 'ole Syrup sandwich?

No ones ever tried that? hmmm...

Bread

syrup

Bread

Delicious!!!!

Show ALL Forums