Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: KissNcuddle aka Debbie needs our support........
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 22 (view)

KissNcuddle aka Debbie needs our support........
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:31:37 PM
Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away.
I'm close by, and if you need any help let me know.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love ya,
Jan & Braman
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 11 (view)

O J Sentenced Today
Posted: 12/5/2008 10:57:51 PM
Bad actions finally came back around and bit him in the butt!!!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 12 (view)

For anyone whos used the Nicotine patch
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:47:55 PM
I had smoked for years. I tried the patch and started at the highest dose and tapered down to the lowest dose. I took about three months. I had been smoke free, without using the patch anymore, for about 2 months. Then my 9yr old nephew died and the first thing I wanted when I left the hospital was a cigarette.
The thing I realized is that the patch took away the craving but it didn't show you how to handle stressful issues. I had always reached for a cigarette when I was upset, or after I finished a meal, or when I was on the phone talking with friends, or when I went out to the bar! The patch doesn't teach you how to handle habits.
You need to be involved in a support group where people can give you ideals on what to do when you start craving! You have to teach yourself new routines. You need to find something else to do after dinner, instead of reaching for a cigarette take a walk. Instead of sitting at the bar smoking a cig while your drinking, take a quick drink and head to the dance floor. Instead of smoking when your sad or upset, have a friend you can call and lean on for support!

Best of luck to you!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 17 (view)

Panic Attacks, I have a problem with Panic. <-Mental Health
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:25:27 PM
I suffered with Panic Attacks for about 2 years. My reason for my panic attack is different than your reason. Everyone who suffers with Panic Attacks has different reasons why. It all depends on you and what you are going thru and how you handle that stress.
My Panic Attacks ended when the person who was causing the Panic Attacks passed away. It was his fault for causing the Panic Attack, but not entirely. Some of the fault was mine, too. I had to learn how to take back control of my life and get a backbone. And not to let someone have control over me.
So everyone has a weakness and sometimes that weakness is what causes the stress.
I had to look deep inside myself and to face my weakness. I don't know how I would be if he was still alive. I might still be having them if he was still around, but my Panic Attacks stopped, completely, when he died.
Try to pay attention to what is going on around you when the panic attack occurs and then face that issue. Some people will go to counseling, which provides you with someone to talk with. They could give you suggestions on how to deal with the problem.
Best of luck to you.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 19 (view)

The Mix pics...Nov. 23rd
Posted: 11/25/2008 3:00:23 PM
Hi Everyone and Old Friends!

Wow, What a great gathering you had! Maybe one day Braman and I can get over to see all of you.
Have a wonderful Holiday Friends! &
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 179 (view)

Gas Price increase. What do you think?
Posted: 11/25/2008 2:56:50 PM
Wow! I started this forum back in May and I'm surprised to see that it is still going! Isn't it amazing how things have changed in the last 6 months! I'm glad the gas prices finally went down. I haven't seen it this low in years and I wonder how long it will last.
Oh Well, I really don't have to worry about it so much anymore. I am now working from home so I don't have to worry about filling up my gas tank!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 37 (view)

your real-world nickname
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:03:50 PM
.....DITZ
.....BUTTONS
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 29 (view)

Frightmares
Posted: 6/6/2008 4:11:37 PM
I have had nightmares that came true.......I hate when that happens because I can't control or change the situation.

The worst dream I ever had was when I was married to my 1st husband.
He was the love of my life. We had just had our 1st child and she was about 3 mnths old.
In my dream I was laying in bed with my husband, we were both asleep. I was startled awake by a dark figure hoovering at the end of our bed. The figure said he was going to take my husband away. I looked over at my husband and he was asleep and I looked back at the figure and told him that he couldn't take my husband. The figure laughed and said "Too bad. I'm taking him and you can't stop me."

I screamed "NO", and I looked back to my husband and he was gone along with the dark figure. I ran all through the house screaming my husbands' name. I couldn't find him anywhere. Then I went to the last place to look which was the basement.

This dark figure didn't have any facial (spelling) features but he was EVIL. I've never been so scared in my life. The fear I felt during the dream and even today, 24 years later, is still very real.....Any way, back to the dream.......

I opened the basement door and there was my husband hoovering about a foot above the floor, and pinned up against the wall. He was crying and asking for my help. I screamed at the dark figure to let him go. The figure laughed and told me "I told you I was going to take him away from you." And then the dark figure moved his hand over the front of my husband and his belly split open and his internal organs came out all over the basement floor.

I woke up screaming and crying with my husband shaking me awake. He told me that I had been crying and screaming for over 15 minutes before he was able to wake me up.

I lost my 1st husband about 7 years later. Thats a dream I never what to re-live again! It came true!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 9 (view)

Conflicted Sympathy
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:16:54 PM
Pazoozoo.........your comment is interesting and it shines a different light on where her grandmother may be coming from.
Sometimes these forms help people re-think their thoughts because someone like you makes us think about it in a different way!
It will make me think twice before I start getting frustrated with my parents when they ignore their Dr's advice. They are in their late 70's and suffer from all kinds of aches and pains.
Thank you, I will change my way of judging them and find more patience!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 5 (view)

Conflicted Sympathy
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:57:55 PM
ditchpirate......I feel for you. I don't think your heartless. I think you are just tired of her "Oh, I'm fine" additude and then the "Pity Me" additude she expects others to give her. She made her bed, now she has to lay in it and deal with all the bumps and wrinkles. She sounds like the type of person who enjoys the sympathy but will put up a battle if someone was to try and help her.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 21 (view)

Why doesn't your education, car ownership, or income levels show on your profile?
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:16:00 PM
I agree with Gotapulse & Hollowmind........It's nobody's business!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 5 (view)

Anyone Else Afraid of Clowns?
Posted: 5/17/2008 5:43:31 PM
My niece, who is now 27, is still afraid of clowns. Well, I'm not sure if AFRAID is the right word, but she does not like them at all! She says she doesn't trust them because they paint on a mask the hides their real expressions.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 38 (view)

my neighbor is beating his wife
Posted: 5/17/2008 5:38:45 PM
Thank goodness there are others on this form that realize that the children need to be taken out of that situation.
They are voiceless children, who have big hearts, and do not understand all the anger and hatered that they are seeing.
These types of actions sit heavy in their hearts and can cause so many issues as they grow older.
Depending on how old they are it may take a few years of counseling and a lot of love and patience to help rebuild their self esteem and to feel safe again.
NO ADULT SHOULD PUT A CHILD THROUGH ANY FORM OF ABUSE!
If the parents want to stay in that type of relationship then that is their issue. But it should not be something that the children have to live with. They probably hide in their rooms when the fighting is happening, either hiding under their covers and crying or sitting in a corner rocking back in forth in fear. NO CHILD DESERVES TO LIVE LIKE THAT!!!!!
 trulywishing2006

my neighbor is beating his wife
Posted: 5/16/2008 7:51:24 PM
This hits really close to home......Call CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES.... ASAP.

The woman seems to care about her personal material items more than she does for her own children.
The children are unfortunately the ones without a voice.
I would not hesitate to call Children Services.
The children are learning how to react to different situations in an abusive way, because that is what they are being taught by watching and hearing their parents fight.
Abuse is not only physical, it is also verbal and mental, and if their father isn’t physically abusing them, you can bet that it is affecting them mentally

My children and I left my second husband because of abuse.
I felt my children were more important than the man who hid behind his fists.
My children are now 24, 22, and 19, but they were only 10, 8, and 4, when we left.
We went through 3 years of counseling because of the abuse.
And I even had to take my second child back for more counseling a few years later because mental and verbal abuse goes straight to the heart and it is so hard on children.
My son had so much anger built up in him because of what we went through that he had a hard time letting it go. It tore him apart emotionally and it took a long time for him to learn to love and trust again.

Please, Please, Please....call CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES before it is to late for the children to recover.
 trulywishing2006

Another fun one!
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:18:31 PM
I smelled a smurf because I'm NOT crazy! HA HA HA!!!!!!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 5/13/2008 7:14:23 PM
DesertFox3....I saw gas at $4.17 today. Of course the government didn't question it, they make enough money, so it doesn't hurt their pockets! If it were to cause them a problem they wouldn't had approved the gas hike to begin with.
I wish they were making my income.....they'd think twice about raising the cost on anything.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 2 (view)

raise the min. wage - up goes the prices
Posted: 5/13/2008 3:17:13 PM
I've thought about this a lot of times. Being a single mom I've had to count my pennies. The cost for things always seem to go up right after I get a raise. It never fails.
Makes you wonder if retailers know when certain companies in their area are giving out raises!!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2008 3:25:30 PM
vicdabit....
I understand where your comming from, deciding on what to pay!
I was a single mom raising my 3 kids and may times I had to let 1 or 2 bills slide until further in the month because they needed food or clothing for school.
My kids always got what they needed and very rarely what they wanted.
But they understood!
My kids are grown now, but I'd hate to be in that situation now. It would even be harder now!
Keep the faith! It will work out.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 36 (view)

Posted: 5/12/2008 3:18:07 PM
I don't think they thought about how it would affect the majority population. All they thought about was lining their pockets more!
The one's who made this decision are the one's in the higher income bracket. They probably thought "well, we can pay a little bit more for gas, I have the extra income to cover it."......PROBLEM being, is that most of us have a problem with it and are living on a limited income.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2008 8:46:31 PM
climbsagain...msg 25....
I totally agree...."We need to slow down, change our habits. "

"What are constructive measures we can take instead of taking matters personally? "
Problem with forums is that you can't type "expressions". By no means do I totally disagree with what you are saying!

Back to the gas price increase......it is hard to take when you haven't had to worry about it before. I'm sure other countries have felt the same way. It's always hard when someone else decides what things in your life are going to make things harder. Every time we turn around prices increase. It seems that the only reason we get a raise is to cover the increased costs. Use to be that a raise gave you extra money to put away for a vacation or to go into a college fund, but not anymore!

My son is in the Marines and his graduation will be in North Carolina. I was all excited about going, but now I have to worry about the extra cost involved just to get there. Gas will be double the cost. Driving 800+ miles will take a lot of gas. Before the gas price increase we were looking at about $180.oo for gas round trip and now we are looking at about $300.00 round trip. That is a big increase when money is tight to begin with.

~1happywoman~....that's what I was meaning, for each issue that happens, others will be affected. No matter how small or large of an effect.....others will be affected all the way down the line.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2008 2:50:13 PM
climbsagain......you said "As for health care. If the system is so bad are we again saying everyone involved with the system is bad?"

No.....I'm not saying they are all bad......but I work in the Health system and I see a lot of greedy people and companies.

As for the issue concerning helping other countries.....I see and hear how we send millions on dollars to other countries to help the starving and sick......but at the same time we have families living in their cars or in shelters because they can't find jobs that pay enough to support their family. We have children that are starving right here in the USA but we send money over to other countries to help feed them........what about the families and children right here in our own backyards?

What about how we have fund raisers to raise money for people in other countries, or how the space program uses millions on dollars....but we have people starving and homeless.

I just don't get it
 trulywishing2006

Mother's Day!
Posted: 5/10/2008 2:32:59 PM
Happy Mothers Day Deb!
Being single moms with teenagers can be trying
and we deserve having at least 1 dinner out!!
Enjoy!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2008 3:25:46 PM
You know that the greed will continue as long as the "need" is there.
It has and continues to happen in so many areas of our daily lives.

Look at the cost involved at being in the hospital.
You could buy 2 bottles of asprins for the amount they charge you
for just 1 asprin in the hospital.

So many people go without their medicine because of the cost.
If you don't have insurance you'd pay out over $300 for a 30 day
supply for some of the common name brand heart burn medications
that you can only get with a prescription.

You can buy 3 shirts as low as $10.00 at some places, but
then you'd have to spend $10.00 just for 1 of the same shirts
at a different store!

Go figure!!!! We have a lot of greedy people in this world that makes
it hard for any "middle class" to make it in this world.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2008 5:41:45 PM
I agree.....The worst is yet to come!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2008 4:04:40 PM
Well, here we are with gas prices in OHIO going up to $4.00 a gallon! I know that isn't as high as other states, but it's high for most of us in OHIO.

I heard that by this time next year the price could be as high as $7 to $10 a gallon.

Seems that we are working just to put gas in our cars. I heard on the radio this afternoon that a single father had to actually decide what was more important.....put food on his table to feed his 3 children or put gas in his car to go to work!

I think that the price in gas is going to cause a lot more issues than the government ever thought. They are making larger incomes than most people, so increase in gas is no real worry. But for the normal working person.....this is going to really hurt. Are our employers going to raise our incomes because of this?

Just an example of how this will cause issues:

We will have to cut back on dining out, which will cause a problem for the people who work at the restaurants or who owns them.
Food suppliers to the restaurants will suffer because the restaurants ordering the food won’t need as much because of business being down.
Ranchers who raise the meat or vegetables will suffer because the demand for those items will go down because the food suppliers aren’t ordering as much because the restaurants aren’t ordering as much because people can't afford to go out and eat because all their extra "fun" money is now going into their gas tanks…….

Just think of all the things that can happen because of the greed of someone who originally sells the gas. Everything will be affected because of this….. what can you think of that might be affected because of the gas increase?
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 10 (view)

when your best friend is dying inside and out
Posted: 4/29/2008 3:44:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and the pain you are both suffering.

Keep ahold of the friendship even when the other is pushing it away. That is probably because your friend cares for you as much as you care for her/him. They don't want to cause you any pain and they think if they push you away, you won't hurt so bad.

Thing is....you do hurt!

I would still stay in close contact with your friend via e-mails, phone calls, visits. Just stay long enough to let your friend know that you still care no matter how hard he/she pushes you away
 trulywishing2006

How do I fight back with Children Services?
Posted: 4/27/2008 11:29:36 AM
I have a bad taste in my mouth for Children Services. Not from my own personal
experience but from an experience my cousin went through.
From what I saw that happened in that situation is that Children Services took the word of a child instead of listening to the parent. Almost like they listened to your mother before listening to you. You were judged before you had a chance to defend the accusations.
I agree with Jackie when she advised you to get a lawyer. You will have to really fight to prove any innocence. Best of luck to you.
Unfortunately, because Children Services believed my cousins daughter years ago (about 15 yrs. ago) when the situation happened, my cousin was threatened that if they ever laid a hand on the child again, they would take the child away. Children Services should have listened to the adults and not the child in this situation.

Children Services even told the girl to call them the next time she got spanked. My cousin felt that he couldn't discipline his child ever again. The only thing he could do was yell or ground her. Well, that didn't work on this child, she was way out of control......She has now become an alcoholic and a drug addict; she is also a mother with 2 children of her own, who now live with their father. They live with him because she couldn't stay sober or straight enough to take care of them.

There was one time when she did "become straight" and told a lot of the family that the situation that happened between her and her parents and Children Services was her fault, that she was just mad because she had gotten in trouble that morning before school. She made up an over exaggerated story to her schoolteacher and with that, the school called Children Services and things became worse from then on.

I honestly believe that if Children Service had kept their nose out of the situation, and had said that the parent had every right to discipline the child for what she had done, and not threatened to take her away, then maybe, just maybe, she would have grown up with some well learned lessons and became a productive and respected adult.

Now all we can do is watch the alcohol and drugs destroy her.
 trulywishing2006

Prefer not to say?
Posted: 4/25/2008 9:02:44 PM
I agree, if they mark "prefer no to say"....then I start wondering what they are hiding!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 82 (view)

The loss of a pet
Posted: 4/25/2008 8:59:25 PM
My beautiful cat "Dot" died 2 years ago and I still cry about his death. I had him for 12 years. He was the sweetest and most loving pet I ever had. Our pets become our family and they have unconditional love. They don't judge you or scold you....they just love you!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 3 (view)

Question about Family problems
Posted: 4/21/2008 6:03:55 PM
If you go.....go because of your grandma.....no one else.
The rest of the family is probably hoping you'll cause a
scene. But you need to go there as the grown-up and show
them up. Your going for your grandma and her memory.
Who knows, maybe they will grow up when they see you.
Maybe you'll come across some family that hasn't known
how to get a hold of you and a new relationship can start.
I'm sorry you lost your grandmother but at least you have
some fond memories of her.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 18 (view)

student with epilepsy and inadequate medical care
Posted: 4/18/2008 3:28:16 PM
I know that we run into problems with Health Care when it come to Diabetis in Ohio. Alot of states required Major Insurance Companies to cover these patients without the pre-exsisting clause.
It has taken a lot of people to write and speak with our state goverment to start concidering this in Ohio.
Maybe this student needs to find someone or even herself to speak out for decent coverage.
My daughter went through what your student is going through. Due to her college courses taking longer than my Ins would cover her. Thank goodness her father and I can help her out when buying her Diabetic supplies. The supplies alone add up to over $300 monthly and that isn't counting her Dr bills.
She is also working full-time while going to school in the evenings. The Insurance they offer her has a pre-exsisting clause and so it will be 1 year with her on that Insurance before they will cover any of her prescriptions.
 trulywishing2006

How do you react when a member of the same sex complements you?
Posted: 4/16/2008 3:48:03 PM
I just say thank you. I have had a few of the same sex say things and get a little bit too close. Then I just tell them that I respect who they are.....but I'm not into swerves and curves, only bumps and buldges.....we all end up laughing and it takes the tension away from a possible embarrassing situation.
 trulywishing2006

pregnancy question!
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:45:22 PM
You really should be discussing these issues with your doctor.
You have a little one inside of you that depends on you being
healthy. Your doctor would know if something is normal or a
possible concern. Don't wait to talk with you doctor!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 12 (view)

considering boob reduction
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:37:27 PM
A friend of mine was thinking of getting a breast reduction and her Dr told her to wait until after she was done having children.
Reason being that if she was going to breast feed a reduction could cause issues with nursing/sensation.
I'm not sure if thats correct but you might want to look into it, if you are planning on having children and nursing.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 9 (view)

Military question - basic training graduation
Posted: 4/3/2008 3:03:32 PM
You really need to go.....it is worth every minute and every dollar! You will be so proud when you see him and amazed at how good he looks.
I have a "so-called" adopted son that is in the Marines and I regret that I wasn't able to go. Those who went, brought back a lot of pictures and video. It was amazing!
My youngest son will be leaving for basic/boot camp on June 23rd and I'll make sure I'm there no matter what!!
 trulywishing2006

Ohio soldier found dead
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:44:47 PM
Victor......I've been thinking of responding on this forum but hesitate because my adopted son is in the Marines and my youngest son is leaving for boot camp 6/2008. Personally, I am proud of them and their commitment.........

Anyway this isn't what I came in here to say.......what I wanted to say is that after reading your profile (which I couldn't send you a letter because I'm in a category that you don't accept letter from) I just had to let you know that...........................

Your story about AMANDA and you is absolutely beautiful! Someone can learn a lot about you from reading your story.
My heart goes out to you and your experience. I'm glad you got a chance to meet her and have such a warm loving relationship.
I wish you the best of luck and pray that someday, when you are ready, you will find someone that will hold your heart close to theirs.

Now, in response to this forum.....After talking to many Marines, it surprises me to hear how many want to be in Iraq. They (most of them) enjoy being there. They are keeping the "bad people" away from all the good ones. Families were constantly being harassed and even killed. Now that we are over there, they are disappearing, never to return. Our troops are being thanked. Our troops are also showing others how to protect themselves.

Unfortunately we are losing some of our service men and women. Their deaths are not being reported the way I think they should be. We are just informed about how many have died and not how many died while honorably protecting others. Many have given their lives for people they don't know and in a country they do not call home. But they are drawn there because of a compassion that American's have and maybe, just maybe, they will pass that compassion onto others.

Yes, I want them all home....but they (most of them that I've spoken to) want to go back and help the "Good" people in Iraq. War is never a good thing and lives are lost in all of them. But usually those lives were lost because of an honorable thing they were doing!
My baby, my youngest son, is going into the Marines and who knows were he will end up. I'd prefer that he'd stay here......but I can't protect him forever. He has a mind of his own and he wants to serve our country, no matter the cost.
I pray for the family of the Ohio soldier, Matt and I pray they have found closure.
 trulywishing2006

Poison Ivy.....Any one very allergic?
Posted: 3/24/2008 5:50:23 PM
countrytat.......OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry he ended up having it like I get it! Yep, that's what they would do to me....IV Steroids and then little pills to go home on! You have it the worse when you end up like him and I.
No amount of creams or over the counter drugs will work!
You did the right thing!
You kept an eye on him!
And you got him to the hospital before it went enternal and started swelling his throat shut! Way to go MOM....You did good!
Have him read up on the plant and look at pictures of it. That way he will recognize it when he sees it. He may also have to watch out for poison oak and posion sumac, those are just as nasty!
Take care....maybe I'll see you at LUCKY's some Sunday.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 62 (view)

Wierd things our pets eat
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:54:37 PM
My cat loved cucumbers and watermelon!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 4 (view)

Poison Ivy.....Any one very allergic?
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:06:04 PM
When I get poison ivy I end up at the hospital. I have a really bad reaction to it and to poison sumac. My eyes will swell shut along with my throat if I don't get it treated soon enough and I get really sick to my stomach.
I know they give me pills to take when I leave the hospital but I don't remember the name of them, sorry! I don't know if they prescribe the pills for children but they do for me, but maybe thats because I have such a big reaction to the poison ivy.
Keep a close eye on him! Everyones reactions are different.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 3 (view)

People with diabetes
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:35:27 PM
I'm a mom of a type 1 diabetic.....she was diagnosed at the age of 6 and now she is 24. So, to say the least I have been around her during the shots and during the pump. She was on the pump for about 2 years and found that she had better control with taking the shots.
When she was on the pump she found it easier to eat more and was not in total control. She found herself taking more insulin to cover what she had eaten than what she took while on the shots.
She takes 3 injections daily and is in wonderful control that way. She counts her carbohydrates and depending on how many carbohydrates she is going to eat tells her how much insulin she needs to have.
She is out on her own now, so I don't know what of insulin she is taking.
Best of luck to you and your adventure with the pump. Some people really love it and others don't. So it all depends on the person. The one thing she liked while on the pump was not having to be on such a strick sleeping and eating schedule.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 18 (view)

Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 2/28/2008 2:43:03 PM
You asked if ED could be caused by psychological issues.......Yes!
I deal day to day with Prescription Insurance issues and many Insurance
companies require that Prior Authorization be done on all the ED medications.
Every Insurance I have dealt with asks what has caused the ED in the patient.
Alot of patients have issues with Diabetis, Psychological reasons, Other drugs
that could contribute to the problem.....So I'd say you need to talk more with your Doctor or go get a second opinion.

I speak with a lot of men on the phone daily in regards to the medications for ED. A lot of them are embarrassed to speak with anyone about their problems. So, I applaude you for having the courage to ask this question.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 50 (view)

single moms
Posted: 2/20/2008 3:42:44 PM
pup-n-suds............You will find the right person one day!
I did.....I was a single mom with 3 kids and I'm going to be
getting married soon. Even when my kids were young I still
dated and it was usually me who put the stop to the relationship
because I didn't like the idea of another person punishing my
kids. But thats the choice I made.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 11 (view)

would you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 2/20/2008 3:35:27 PM
Don't give up. You just haven't met the right person yet.
I have MS and suffer different issues with that and it hasn't
held anyone back that I know of. Of course, I don't come
straight out and tell them about it until they get to know me
and then I tell them. They are usually suprised by it because
by that time they have gotten to know me and see I'm just
like everyone else. I just have my limits.

Best of luck! Don't give up!
Jan
 trulywishing2006

Pictures @ Lucky's 2/17/07
Posted: 2/20/2008 9:19:05 AM
Debbi and Jackie.......OH MY GOSH! I had hoped no one would ever remember the guys doing that song! You know Braman......he'll do almost anything! It just wouldn't be the same without Rob and Brian and Loni.
Deb......I haven't sang in months and I'm not sure if I will again! But who knows.
Jackie....Love the picture!
 trulywishing2006

Getting an MS Diagnosis
Posted: 2/20/2008 7:49:07 AM
It is very common that a Opthamologist suggested that it may be MS. That is who first told me and my sister. We both had Optic Neuritis(spelling).
The best way, or easiest way, to explain the nerve issue is that there is a protective coating on each nerve ending and Ms destroys that protective coating. So imagin looking at a comb and there are teeth missing....the nerve inpulse is moving along the top of the teeth very smoothly.... and then all of the sudden it comes to the missing tooth .....that interupts the nerve impulse.....and it can't continue because the tooth is missing (I know it's a stupid example, but it helps explain how the inpulse moves and gets interupted).....so, now lets say, that inpulse is telling your brain to move your right leg....the leg starts to move (which is through the good nerves), you start by raising the leg and moving it forward and then all of the sudden it starts to drag a little, this is caused by the never that has been damaged.

When it comes to your eyes, you probably have an inflamation of the optic nerve. At least that is what they told me when I had the double vision. I was put on IV steroids for 5 days and that cured the inflamation after about 2 weeks and the double vision went away.

The IV Steroids is something that MS patients get frequently. Some go into the hospital for an hour each day for three days in a row and get the treatment. They'll go in during their lunch break and then go right back to work for the rest of the day. Ususally that is something that is covered by Insurance.

There are different medications that people take for MS called Rebif, Avonex, Betaserone, Copaxone which are injections that you give to yourself that help control the inflamation or lessions and these medications are usually covered by Insurance. Also, if you go to a neurologist they can tell you about different programs available to help with the costs.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 15 (view)

Getting an MS Diagnosis
Posted: 2/19/2008 10:06:34 PM
I have MS and was diagnosed in 1986. My mother has MS and has had it since I was 6 yrs old. My sister also has MS and was diagnosed 4 years ago. So, to say the least, I am very familiar with MS. All three of us have Remitting/Relapsing MS.

1st: Go get some tests done and find out the real problem. Not everythng is MS. These issues you are having can be caused by a number of different things. But if it is MS....then you can normally lead a very normal life with few interuptions.

2nd thing:.....I am also a single mom! I have raised my 3 children on my own and still worked a full time job. I had flair-ups with my MS and it caused problems but I am stronger than my disease. It's a mental challenge to sometimes convince myself of that, but I am determined to do that. I have flair-ups about once a year and when that happens I take a week or two off from work and rest and take whatever type of treatment my DR says I need to have, which is usually IV Steroid Treatments. But then I'm back to my normal self after it is all done.

3rd: Go see a neurologist. They can run the test that will diagnose MS. An MRI is a good test because it will show any active lesions you have in your brain. I have a lot of active lesions and still live a normal life just like anyone else. I walk fine and talk fine and only get tired if I run myself down.

4th: You can live a normal life with MS! You will learn to pay attention to your body! When you feel tired, you stop for a while and rest. If being in the heat causes problems with your eyesight, you'll start staying in the air conditioning. If being too active makes your legs weak or tingling then you'll learn your limits and start realizing when you have to stop.

5th: Join a MS support group if there is one close by. You'll learn so much by talking with others that deal with the disease on a day to day basis. AND STAY POSITIVE! You will have your time of anger, grief, denial...we all go thru it! But then pick yourself back up and start a new chapter. You are not alone!

6th: My first symptom was my eyesight. They gave me special drops and after about 2 weeks my eyesight came back. Since that time I had the double vision and had IV steroids to clear up that problem. I have relapsing/remitting MS, which means that my body heals back to normal after the flair-up has passed. There are different forms of MS and the DR will be able to tell you what form you have after you get the tests done.

Best of luck to you. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Jan
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 15 (view)

Pictures @ Lucky's 2/17/07
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:44:41 PM
Hey there.....It was great seeing everyone again. Braman and I had fun seeing all of you. Hopefully we'll get back again soon....if you all don't mind having an engaged couple there!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 59 (view)

Hearing from Above, or (MINI) teachings about Him Or Questions you may have about HIM!!!
Posted: 2/10/2008 6:39:59 AM
nitewatchman

Maybe you need to read messages 45 and 52. I don't think you will see that these messages are judgemental, at least not in my opinion.
They are MY opinions and gives insight into what I believe. If you don't agree, then that is your opinion and don't read this forum. We ALL have a right to our own opinions.
We all have the right to make our beliefs known and there will be people who won't agree and will tell us that we shouldn't put our opinions on this site. But, we have the right to express our thoughts as you have a right to express yours.
Some of us feel this is an important part in our life and we want to be involved with someone who feels the same way. This is a dating site and people talk about everything from sex to children, death to living, loves to hate.
So, if they can have forums about all these things then why can't we have forums about what is important in our life?
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 52 (view)

Hearing from Above, or (MINI) teachings about Him Or Questions you may have about HIM!!!
Posted: 2/8/2008 7:59:16 PM
Have you ever thought............

Sometimes I wonder if any of us have it right when it comes to religion and God.
If you put 30 people in a room and read out loud a few verses from the Bible and
you asked each person to tell you what the verses meant to them you will get several interpretations.

Now the question is “who is right?” with their interpretation.

This seems to be how we get different faiths and beliefs. A lot of people believe or interpret things in different ways. Who is to say which is right or wrong.

Some people say you can only be baptized if you are fully immersed in water. I don't think God would deny someone entry into Heaven if they were not fully immersed in water. What if someone was laying in a hospital bed, hooked up to IV's and tubes and found God and wanted to be baptised. Would God want that person to be denied this blessing? No, I don't think He would. I think God would welcome you with open arms if all that was around was a mud puddle to be baptised in.
Others say you only need to be sprinkled by the water. Some say you need to be baptized as an infant and others say you need to be baptized when you are old enough to understand. So, which is right? Different faiths have different beliefs.

I can imagine me standing in front of God and He will ask me if I loved Him with all my heart and if I loved others as I loved Him. I’ll answer yes.
Then I can imagine Him saying…..”Since you loved me with all your heart and claimed me as your Savior, come with me and let me show you what it all really means and what the true interpretation of faith and religion really is.
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 2/7/2008 3:42:41 PM
Some of the things that I live by is.....

1. We should always forgive because we do not have the right not to forgive.
Only Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins. I didn't. So, if I
say I can't forgive someone then I'm putting myself above God/Jesus and
in a way saying I'm better than Him.

2. We were not put onto this earth to judge others. God will make the final
judgement on all of us. I learned that the hard way. My son had some friends that
liked dressing "gothic"......I always use to say that those type of people were
evil just because of the way they looked and from what I had heard other people
say about them. Then one Sunday when our church was having an outside service
and the band was playing (and our band plays the type of songs you hear on the
radio, like the station 104.9fm) I see 4 kids standing in front, hair all black and
spiked up, black fingernail polish, white face make-up, black eye shadow.......
and they had their arms raised, singing the songs! They had the love of Christ in
their heart and it didn't matter what they looked like!

3. All sins are the same in Gods eye. Wether you stole a piece of bubble gum or murdered someone. A sin is a sin. It is up to us to ask for forgiveness and believe we are forgiven and really believe it. God loves us all no matter how bad we have been. He knows our true heart. He will know !

Show ALL Forums