Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Magnificent things an Ex did for you
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 54 (view)

Magnificent things an Ex did for you
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:38:15 PM
Yes Jaqi, that was a moment of comedy genius!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 7 (view)

Let's talk about sex baby
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:11:23 PM
"I soooo wish we still had access to the smilies, that is really very funny hahahhaha!"

I can't understand why you didn't question my habit of cape wearing?

I would with you AN :).
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 4 (view)

Let's talk about sex baby
Posted: 5/6/2012 5:05:11 PM
I wouldn't think badly of her, but I wouldn't want to have sex with her either. I would put my cape over a puddle so she didn't get her shoes wet (shoes very important to woman, remember...), hire a horse and carriage to make sure she got home safely and then kiss her goodnight on the doorstep (breath mint first).

I would keep doing that until she was so utterly desperate she ripped my trousers off in a violent, oestrogen fuelled rage. It's so much better that way.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 41 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:40:00 PM
"Yeah..no one wants to see a pic of a grown man with his c0ck in a Corby trouser press "

You'd be surprised. There's a fetish club near me dedicated to the Corby, Woz.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 36 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:14:28 PM
POF keeps insisting I upload pictures of me smiling and having fun. But the only time I have fun it's in a hotel room and they'd ban my profile if I tried to upload the pictures :(.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 29 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:49:08 PM
" and lose the dead fish"

Oh I see. We're having a go at people with funny shaped hands now are we?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 23 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:20:11 PM
I saw a profile picture with a woman in the background, but there's a pink finger in the foreground (presumably the finger of the pink person taking the photo). When turned into a thumbnail, the finger looks like a large dildo. I did write to her to tell her, but she just blocked me.

Some people can't take advice!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 29 (view)

Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:10:42 PM
Yes, Farscape. Any good?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 26 (view)

Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:49:14 PM
What's that other one J47... sci-fi someone at work said was good. Err, I can't remember its name. Far something? Is that any good?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 18 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:27:37 PM
I did post some photos of gorgeous puddings I've had up. Unfortunately it just attracted all the fat birds.

(puts on "Pigface" Bascinet knight's helmet)
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 5 (view)

XSCAPE -CASTLEFORD LOFT / RED ROOM Pic's and Comments 5th MAY BANK HOLIDAY PARTY
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:23:22 PM
Are you guys all on crystal-meth?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 66 (view)

Preferred on profile...Is it ok?
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:15:36 PM
You do see some funny things on profiles though. I saw one where the woman said she didn't like other people dumping in her toilet!

I guess she provides a bucket for weekend sleep-overs...
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 25 (view)

Rupert Murdoch Unfit to run a Company...
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:39:25 AM
Hang on. The expenses scandal broke during the last Labour government. How is it Cameron and Clegg's fault?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2012 11:24:53 AM
I think putting a religion is the equivalent of saying, "not capable of rational thought". But I think there are a lot of people who put one even though they aren't practising, i.e. they identify with the label Catholic, for example, but haven't been to Mass since 1978.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2012 11:12:09 AM
The No Tory rule is a deal-breaker for me.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 1 (view)

Site hijack?
Posted: 5/3/2012 11:09:17 AM
Seems something has gone tits-up with the site. Particularly it's redirecting to ad pages.

Edit: or it could just be my browser!

Advanced search is still redirecting me to an ad, but everything else is ok.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 5/3/2012 10:49:26 AM
Not at all. Although if I wrote "no blacks, no Irish", I would probably be held in contempt by a lot of people (just a hypothetical as I like both). It's one of those things it's OK for "ethnics" to do but not for us blubbering white guys :).
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 213 (view)

god .... its all in your head say scientists
Posted: 5/3/2012 10:27:12 AM
"Their world was alive, our world is sterile."

Your world might be, but mine certainly isn't.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 91 (view)

UK heading back into recession, says OECD
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:48:12 PM
"We got fvck all for that, at least all the labour money went into public services."

Labour were the ones who increased the debt, so this is also "Labour Money". I'm amazed you're blaming the Tories for it!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 87 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 4:13:47 PM
"What exactly don't you understand..? All the figures are widely available, our debt virtually doubled, overnight.
Before that, as a proportion of GDP, it had been lower than under the tories."

This is a complete fabrication. I've told you already, hundreds of billions of pounds of debt was run up OFF THE BOOKS under PFI. Gordon Brown and Labour increased the debt by 25%. It's dishonest of you to continue to bandy these irrelevant figures around.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 183 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 3:43:20 PM
theconcept, there is Nothing and there is nothing. Nothing as a concept is Transcendent, that is (I believe) beyond Human understanding. Some things must be because we are left with an infinite regress regardless of how our particular universe came into existence. But that same infinite regress happens if you invoke God, because you must ask where God came from! You have added zero knowledge by citing Him as a cause of anything. You have brought no new fact to the table.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 179 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 3:29:32 PM
" Instead of being silly and trying to convince us that 'matter' just burst into existance out of 'nowhere,' why not just say 'i don't know.' ?"

What I don't understand is why you're asking a question like this on the UK Forums, rather than going and reading a book about it. A good and very readable one is A Universe from Nothing, by the physicist Lawrence Krauss. I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you read it, then you'll know all about it. If you don't, you'll be reduced to writing silly comments on POF!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 195 (view)

Height Filter
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:12:19 PM
The problem kags is that some of us might want to have babies in future, and if those babies are male, we want them to have a good shot at making the England Rugby Team for World Cup 2032. In order for that to happen, one of us has to have the tall gene :(.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 82 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 3:04:26 PM
"This government propagates the lie that labour overspent, but before the crash, borrowing was actually lower than it had been when Bliar took over, at 35% compared to well over 40%. (of GDP)"

You're bloody joking, aren't you?

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/2088001/the-great-debt-deceit-how-gordon-brown-cooked-the-nations-books.thtml

"A few months before the general election which brought New Labour to power, Geoffrey Robinson had David Davis to dinner in his flat overlooking Hyde Park. The flat had been the scene of much recent political activity, used as a den by Gordon Brown who would invite his allies around and plot his personal strategy, pausing only to watch the football and eat pizzas. But that night the Labour guests had cleared off, and the then Tory Europe Minister was treated to the disorientating experience of being served supper by the butler of a Labour MP.

As the conversation turned to the inevitable Labour victory, Mr Robinson said how much he was looking forward to turning the government spending tap on again, putting an end to what he saw as the years of Tory parsimony. Mr Davis was bewildered. ‘You can’t do that,’ he replied. ‘You’ve promised to keep within our spending plans.’ The future Paymaster-General smiled broadly. ‘We’re going to do it as capital,’ he said. ‘And then put it on as PFI.’"

Yes, off balance sheet. Forget the debt figures, it's the off balance sheet spending and liabilities that are killing this country, and it's all courtesy of Labour deceit. Brown increased the debt by 25% (yes, it was £581 billion before the financial crash) simply by not putting it on the official figures that you are quoting. The scale of the increase in debt is truly astounding and what's more astounding is it's a little known fact.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 192 (view)

Height Filter
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:55:25 PM
Redheads are yummy. Christina Hendricks is a redhead (a natural blonde but she dyes her hair!). Although she's not on here... :(.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 281 (view)

Taken In Hand Relationship
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:51:04 PM
I still don't understand what this thread is about. I have visions of my grandmother standing over a boiling pot containing an enormous ham whilst my grandfather sits in his armchair reading the newspaper. Is that it in a nutshell?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 68 (view)

Exercise, dieting and all that kind of stuff...
Posted: 5/2/2012 2:22:57 PM
Kentish, I don't disagree with you that eating too much relative to your level of activity makes you put on weight. I'm arguing that the modern world makes it easier for this to happen without you realising and that there are ways to get it back under control.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 1:29:27 PM
"All things being equal - if you use more calories than you take in, you lose weight"

It's quite a complex interplay. As a general rule I agree it's true, but what I'm trying to get at here is that the content (empty calories, nutrients, balance and so on) is just as important. Your body adjusts your metabolism and the amount of activity you engage in as well, so that all gets thrown into the mix.

One of the things I think that's more important than anything else is carbohydrate consumption: bread, potato, rice, pasta, sugar. Eating any of these will have an affect on blood sugar that will leave you feeling very hungry only a few hours after consuming them. This leads to a kind-of vicious cycle that it's very hard to break out of. That's why I think calorie counting diets are rubbish. They treat a symptom (excess calories) instead of the cause (insulin and blood sugar crash after a "high" from eating them). I think high protein, low carbohydrate diets effectively counter this by keeping blood sugar more level, although they can be really boring!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 10 (view)

Co-op's West Bank Boycott - What Do You Think?
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:00:40 PM
" And the continuation of that, almost daily, by radical orthodox 'settlers'."

This is nothing to do with Israel and everything to do with your hatred of the US. It's a kind-of disease in left-wingers, who turn a blind eye to the suffering of the poor and ignorant people they claim to represent (Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Syria), yet are all too willing to pile on when it comes to Israel.

A little intellectual honesty and consistency would be appreciated.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 6 (view)

Co-op's West Bank Boycott - What Do You Think?
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:27:16 AM
There's nothing more cynical than taking sides in such a dispute, where what is right and what is wrong is a very blurred distinction, in order to ingratiate yourself with a Muslim customer base that itself would and has often sided with tyranny and oppression in its own homelands.

For this reason I stick two fingers up at the Co-op.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 11:06:28 AM
"No-one has mystical biology, we're all the same."

That's not true Kentish. Honestly, trust me. The scientific evidence shows that we're all different. Some people respond strongly to exercise, others hardly at all. This was all explained on Horizon, where the presenter was given a battery of tests by the researchers (at Loughborough and elsewhere I think) and they discovered he wasn't a strong responder. Ironically, he was skinny/thin, but scans showed he had a lot of fat around his internal organs - the kind of fat that really is bad for health.

The upshot of it was that you can get most of the benefits of exercise by doing high intensity for as little as four minutes a week (2, 2 minute sessions). All else being equal (i.e. diet), there will be differences between any two individuals.

I also think when it comes to insulin, blood sugar levels, response to carbohydrates and so on, there are almost certainly differences between individuals too, mostly genetically controlled. Some people will naturally eat less than others and the cravings some people experience for refined carbs will be more or less intense for different individuals too.
 RobinsonMJ

Gendered marketing - mine is MUCH bigger than yours?
Posted: 5/2/2012 4:36:19 AM
This isn't new. Remember Yorkie? It's not for girls...
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2012 12:19:24 AM
Yes, low carb is the way for me too. No bread, potato, rice or pasta and sugar on special occasions (like after a good workout!).
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 11:42:24 PM
There's a continuum Kentish. Some people respond very well to exercise and others don't. It's down to your genes. So different strategies are needed for different people. It's true that the diet industry plays up to people's misunderstanding here. There's no one way of doing it that's going to work for everyone.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 222 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 4:13:19 PM
Absolutely 233.

This is how our grandmothers and great grandmothers used to live! It reads like a job description for a slave. I can't imagine anyone with any self-respect consciously making a decision to live like this. I suppose it's common in the Muslim community though.
 RobinsonMJ

Posted: 5/1/2012 2:42:14 PM
"I've hated the man, ever since Wapping."

So you think that outdated working practices, the closed shop, a Luddite attitude to new technology and other profit sapping "initiatives" were something worth defending?

Welcome to the 1970's!
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 1:52:48 PM
Creatine is not something I've tried yet, but I do get a boost in intensity from ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6). Some people don't notice any difference, but when I used to take it before there was definitely more strength the next day, especially in my legs. I think it only works if you're deficient in any of those things to begin with.

Edit: Horizon page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq

Don't think it's available on iPlayer any more but might be on BBC 4 every now and then.

@msg 25 (yes, I can predict the future!)

Diazapam, happily married good looking forum chat only woman who I can't send a message to as I don't have a picture?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 1:50:27 PM
This stuff has fibre mixed in with it Kentish. I'm certain it's blood sugar :). Every body is different though.

There was an interesting Horizon not too long ago about exercise. Much of the benefit of regular exercise can be had for as little as a couple of minutes very high intensity once or twice a week. 12 minutes a month - according to new science.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 1:37:04 PM
"Protein shakes tend to be quite calorific (some are *very* calorific) so not the best idea if you're looking to lose weight."

Kentish, I'm not so much wanting to cut down on cals as make sure my blood sugar stays level. If that happens I will naturally reduce my cals as I won't be craving dohnuts every 3 hours! Actually been doing this two weeks and I'm less hungry now I drink the shake (whey protein) instead of having breakfast/lunch. Evening meals are a bit dull though (smoke salmon, avocado, or similar!).

@16 was he a feeder? :)
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 12:58:18 PM
They do Helen, I was reading an article in the newspaper about that only today. Well done on losing 2 and a half stone! I don't mind if this thread becomes weight-loss pat on the back thread.

And @2, 29lb! That's over 2 :).
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 12:49:29 PM
Come on, own up, who's been on the protein shakes since they started looking for a date? It's pretty amazing how you slowly spread between the ages of 30 and 40. It doesn't take much; just 1lb a month and over the years you can add STONE (they are heavy, yes). I can't fit into my dating trousers now (32"), so I've taken up the challenge. Low carb, high protein + weight lifting every other day.

One thing I've noticed doing it now from when I used to do it before (the excersise that is), is that between age 20 and 30, I would train, feel sore the next day and then be recovered the day after. Now at 40+, I train, am ok if a little weaker the next day, sore the day after that, and back to normal two days later!

Creeps up on you, doesn't it?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 71 (view)

Nothing unphysical exists
Posted: 5/1/2012 12:35:38 PM
To the OP, it's not clear to me that nothing non-physical exists. There are some philosophers, like David Chalmers, who think that Consciousness does not supervene on the physical.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 3 (view)

Citizen science
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:39:44 AM
I'm surprised they haven't been able to automate this. I mean it's a computer vision problem, isn't it.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 209 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 11:15:14 AM
"Find me one single peer-reviewed study, which supports the concept of "alpha male" in modern, human societies.
It's pure fantasy."

Jo, there don't have to be any peer reviewed studies on it. Peer review is there to enforce the orthodoxy. You might as well ask how many papers there have been that were rejected for publication. Well, you'll never know *that*, will you? At the moment the orthodoxy is extreme political correctness.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 206 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 10:51:45 AM
9 pages and I still don't understand what this is about, or what either partner has to gain from it.

Some people are weird :))).
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 5/1/2012 9:08:24 AM
According to MPs, including the expenses cheating Tom Watson? I might be impressed if Lord Justice Leveson thinks so, but this is just a select committee report. They're a bunch of publicity seeking prima donnas.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 57 (view)

Meet Me Feature Help :D
Posted: 4/30/2012 2:07:02 PM
Lulluuuuu, you have over 500? I thought I was pretty studly with 174 :(.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 54 (view)

What does a blocked person see?
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:45:28 PM
He's probably running a bot gemini. Just trawls through all profiles sending them the same crap.
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 51 (view)

What does a blocked person see?
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:41:31 PM
Have we established what a blocked person sees yet?
 RobinsonMJ
Msg: 9 (view)

For some reason I can't upload images to my account...
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:13:34 PM
There may be a legal difference between a paid account and a free one, that's all. But it's doubtful as it's probably in the TOS and it's in big red letters on the images page!

Show ALL Forums