Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Caught in the middle of something
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 21 (view)

Caught in the middle of something
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:39:07 PM
You don't have to be in the middle of anything and should butt out.

^^^^^^^Hit the nail on the head there......OP it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS stay out of it........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 180 (view)

What's so wrong with cheating, really?
Posted: 12/9/2012 10:44:56 AM
OP You are one SERIOUSLY misguided individual............

I didn't read all the responses but I will say this ONE THING.........

WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK ALWAYS COMES TO THE LIGHT..........................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 48 (view)

Married to a Disabled Wife
Posted: 12/8/2012 7:17:30 AM

I am a very helpful and caring person

Ummmm, NO your not or you wouldn't be on a dating site looking for other women............if you were that "helpful and caring" person you'd be trying to get YOUR WIFE the help she needs instead of getting on dating sites and playing your "poor pitiful me" schtick..........

I can bet that "the rest of the story" is your not getting any..............and, thus, the main reason you are here.

If you have been in these forums AT ALL, then you knew before you posted that the majority here DO NOT(and rightfully so I might add) support cheating or people looking to cheat. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.......

It boils down to this. If you want a divorce ......get one. Yeah, it hurts but life goes on. If you want to save you marriage, then DO IT. But going down the road your headed IS NOT THE ANSWER.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 23 (view)

Significant Other Still Search Dating Sites
Posted: 12/1/2012 4:11:54 PM

I am thinking about creating a bogus identity, complete with photos, phone number, e-mail address to entice him to the level of a meeting, and when he gets there, he’ll find me.

How childish this would be to do(and your in your 50's????)........... you snooped, and it bit you in the ass.....Sure he may not have been sexually involved with any of the women he contacted.....but could it escalate to that level? Only he can answer that......

Now that this has happened, I'd say your BOTH insecure and need to have a talk.............sounds to me like you two haven't had the "exclusive" talk.......really? after a year and a half????????
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 30 (view)

Diabetic Boyfriend now my ex boyfriend because of verbal abuse
Posted: 12/1/2012 7:48:31 AM
I don't believe the diabetes has anything to do with your "problem" . I think he has other underlying issues .......

I avoid this problem by not dating fat people.

This is THE MOST ignorant reply in this whole thread.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 20 (view)

I'm so confused... what have I got myself into?
Posted: 11/25/2012 6:25:53 AM
Whisky Rivers is right.........your an enabler.......so stop enabling..........good luck
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 12 (view)

Not sure what to do anymore.
Posted: 11/25/2012 6:17:17 AM
3 Weeks??????????

That's WAY too soon to be talking marriage or, in my opinion, even saying I love you. You hardly even know this girl............

I totally agree with this:

Someone worth having as a wife will want to take their time and make sure the relationship is solid
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 5 (view)

HELP! Kid Issues
Posted: 11/25/2012 6:12:31 AM
Why not TALK to your girlfriend about this instead of a bunch of strangers on an internet dating site?????
I question why your even on this site since you supposedly have a girlfriend.................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 263 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 11/24/2012 6:06:03 PM
I did see Lori's demise coming because they'd already talked about her not making it when she gave birth.......
I'm patiently waiting on Rick to meet The Governor.

I think after tomorrow's episode they are going on hiatus..........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 13 (view)

Where to meet new people?
Posted: 11/24/2012 5:59:03 PM
We wouldn't all be here if it was here......that's for sure...........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 42 (view)

The dreaded Holiday heart aches
Posted: 11/24/2012 5:09:12 PM
And people wonder why long distance relationships don't work..................................here's your sign.....
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 39 (view)

Tough road to divorce, then what?
Posted: 11/24/2012 5:05:10 PM
Staying together for kids IS WRONG. If you think kids are not smart enough to pick up on mommy and daddy not getting along or being miserable your dead wrong.

You have to talk to you wife. If you can work out your issues, marriage counseling perhaps, then so be it and good for you. If you both decide on divorce after talking, then hammer all the details, financial and otherwise, before going to a lawyer. That will save you time and money.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 19 (view)

help me understand him
Posted: 11/24/2012 4:57:10 PM
Your not even in a relationship........but you are in one with a cell phone and text messages.............

How about ACTUALLY TALKING!!!!!!!!
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 4 (view)

Help!!! Is it Bi-polar????
Posted: 11/24/2012 4:55:04 PM
Lady the guy is the one that needs to run FROM YOU......................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 66 (view)

Friends with benefits rules
Posted: 11/4/2012 7:17:38 AM

The Rules of FBuddies as it was laid out for me:

No sleep overs, both parties will return to there prospective places of rest.

No dinners or public meetings. Eat before you leave or when you get home. No 'hanging out' at the bar after drinks.

No discussion of other partners, not only is this trite, it's in very bad taste and if it happens then you're trashy and also done.

No emotional attachment shall not be implied or expected, this is just sex.

No meeting if no sex. Sex is the only reason you meet. No questions about your day or the girl you hate at work will be tolerated.

Seems pretty simple to me guys & gals. Its just straight up scroggin and that's it.

You have that pretty much correct........but the emotional attachment part.....one only has to read these forums to know that emotional attachment happens more times than not........and that happens, IMO, due to lack of communication of your other listed "rules"................
 TerrieLynnC

Difficult decision concerning my mother......
Posted: 11/2/2012 4:10:06 PM
OP you did the best thing you could do by NOT letting her manipulate you into coming out late at night like that.

You cannot help an addict as much as it hurts and as much as you want to you just can't. They have to want the help. You can't do it for them.
Her doctor should be made aware, if they don't know, that she's abusing the pills.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 7 (view)

Friends with benefits rules
Posted: 11/2/2012 3:50:35 PM
LUCY you got some 'xplainin' to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As so commonly happens with FWB......one of the couple thinks they are exclusive when they are not.................whatever happened to communication..................sighs............
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 38 (view)

getting sad
Posted: 11/2/2012 3:44:48 PM
FROM MY PERSPECTIVE AS A WOMAN regarding men here..... If your not blonde, skinny as a rail and have huge ta ta's and willing to hop in the bed on the first meeting......your not going to get a date on this site. I've been here a VERY long time and never had ONE date from here.

OP, I know it's tough situation your in(your in a unique one) ......I believe there are all kinds of groups for people with disabilities that you could look into that would be beneficial to you......good luck....
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 4 (view)

doesn't want a relationship
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:02:31 PM
Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
The guy wants to get his financial situation in order before making a commitment .......
He also wants to keep seeing you. If you don't want to wait tell him so and move on.......
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 12 (view)

Fed up, mixed messages.
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:38:31 AM
QUIT TEXTING and actually TALK.......now there's a novel idea!!!!!!!!!
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 51 (view)

what happened??
Posted: 10/16/2012 12:23:20 PM
I didn't read all the replies so if I trumpet something someone else has already said sorry.........

You can't spend your time trying to figure out what went wrong. You will drive yourself crazy in doing so.
For whatever reason, from your side of things, it seems the guy had commitment issues. Dust yourself off get back up and get back out there.............
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 56 (view)

Do I have too many relationship requirements?
Posted: 10/16/2012 12:15:44 PM
Sounds to me OP like your really not giving anyone a chance, or maybe it's the woman not giving you a chance because of your high expectations(hobbies and looks)......

I live in a small town(as a lot of people across the country do). There is nothing really notable to do here but go out to eat and go to WalMart. So I guess that would take me off your list.........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 17 (view)

How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship.
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:22:40 PM
First off, perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds to me as if this friend didn't get the support she needed after her break up. I'm not condoning the way she is acting, but, maybe with a little support from her friends she wouldn't be acting this way.

If you want to continue this friendship, it's better to talk to her FACE TO FACE about your predicament instead of a bunch of strangers on an online dating site that's only getting one side of the story.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 46 (view)

Traveling to another country to meet someone
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:38:03 PM
First you don't have a right to be mad BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MET THIS GUY and DON'T HAVE A RELATIONSHIP with him other than online.................

Second, you'd be a fool to travel that far for someone you don't even know. On the flip side, you
were invited by your friend to go with her and meet her friends so it might not be so bad.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 59 (view)

What does it take to get a reply?
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:28:56 PM
Well I guess nobody can be as prim and proper and perfect as you COUGH COUGH COUGH
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 170 (view)

Open Relationships: The best of both worlds
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:27:05 PM
SMH

This topic HAS BEEN DONE AND BEAT TO DEATH so many times here!!!!!!!

OP your not going to get validation here that open relationships are the new norm.

Basically speaking, all that can be said is, FOR A FEW it might work but for MOST, IT DOES NOT.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 82 (view)

did i over react should i have done things a diffrent way?
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:22:31 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

BOTH of you are wrong in this situation.
YOU are because you put your profile back up while being in a relationship. Here you can
either hide your profile or delete it.
SHE was because she did it after you did it to her.

Hope you learned a valuable lesson.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 56 (view)

What does it take to get a reply?
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:15:03 PM
I wouldn't bother contacting a guy that was separated.
Who wants that drama? I hope your wife knows your
here so she can use it as ammunition against you in
divorce court.

No Pic=No reply
Not having a picture tells everyone your either married or just looking for
hook ups.

Spelling/Grammar
To some, yes this would be an issue. I can usually overlook a few errors but
if there all through the profile........that is not good.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 35 (view)

girlfriends history
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:00:29 PM
Is this serious?

You wasn't even with this girl and your going to be upset that she slept with a guy older than her? First, how is that even any of your business if you weren't with her and presuming she doesn't have an STD(if she did then it would be)??????

You've got serious issues dude. You need to take care of them and then pursue dating................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 8 (view)

would this be a dealbreaker?
Posted: 9/4/2012 2:58:09 PM
First off if your not involved or not the father IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Abortion is an option that is out there. It's not the only option. It is the decision of the woman, the man(unless of
course he raped the woman or it was incest then IMO he has no rights), and their doctor and if they happen to be religious their God. It's not up to anyone else. JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 2 (view)

meets
Posted: 8/22/2012 1:23:59 PM
All I can suggest is meet in daylight hours and in a public place. Make sure someone knows exactly where you are going or either have someone go with you if your that worried.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 46 (view)

The Last Post You Need To Read About Attracting Men
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:00:46 PM
Getting a man to like you is simple.......spread your legs and he'll like you a while until something better comes along.........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 1 (view)

Years old Threads
Posted: 7/28/2012 10:49:56 AM
What is the reasoning behind keeping posts here that are YEARS old(I'm talking 2 or more) and the OP is LONG GONE?????
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 63 (view)

From a guy's perspective..define Looking to date but nothing serious status.
Posted: 7/23/2012 1:44:48 PM

or are you just another coward, among the many...

bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I don't hardly think so. I DO say what I mean............

It's EASY to set behind a computer and type ANYTHING you want. As you alluded to, people get tangled up in their own spin..........I don't see a reason, and I'd hope there's others the same way(but they are few and far between it seems), to post a fake picture, or to post lies about yourself. I also don't see a reason to NOT state in your profile your only looking for hook ups and nothing more.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 60 (view)

Posted: 7/23/2012 11:41:33 AM

Assuming someone only wants to get laid, or has an ulterior motive, before you have communicated fully, and met the person does a disservice to not only them, but YOU...

Yes, indeed it's easy to ASSume. However, nowadays, it's hard to even get to the MEET IN PERSON stage. I don't believe in telling someone you haven't even met in person "I love you" or "I'm attracted to you"---I do not believe that to be possible. You HAVE to meet in person and have a conversation. A lot of people here will tell you there's TONS of fake profiles here with fake pictures not to even mention things that are UNTRUE in their profile.

In 100% of cases, it's because the other person wasn't attracted to the person writing the post enough to date long-term, and the person writing the post is too dumb to see it.

That might be the case if two people HAVE ACTUALLY MET IN PERSON.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 23 (view)

Sis hanging out with my new friends
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:22:51 AM
Sounds to me like your just jealous.........but there's always 2 sides to every story...................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 7/23/2012 9:16:30 AM

Right here.. I don't date multiple women. But I don't jump into a relationship with one right away either. You have to gauge how compatible your lifestyles are with sleep schedules, (night owl vs early riser) and work schedules, interests, emotional compatibility, similar goals, and the physical. This is not something you can find out in a handful of dates. I like to date a woman casually for at least a few months spending a few times a week together with semi-regular communication. This allows me to be able to get to know her, and leave room for departure if she is not the right one. I also don't have sex with a woman until I am exclusive with her. However, I do believe in plenty of foreplay minus the penetration, written foreplay, spontaneous PDA, discussing sexual compatibility, etc.. In fact, I think if more people talked about sex early on, it would save a lot of time.

While I agree that most of what your saying should be the way it plays out, tell me WHY 99% of the posts on this forum deal with subject of "things were going great and then BAM.......no contact, no nothing"????????? I can tell you why, it's because IN SOME CASES the guy didn't get in the girls pants!!!!!!!!!!! To add, this is NOT a gender specific issue, guys and girls BOTH play games............it makes it hard for those few of us WHO DO NOT.............
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 7/22/2012 5:24:44 PM

there are guys who are looking for the right woman but like to take their time and get to know her before getting serious.

bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

REALLY?!?!!?!? WHERE?????????????????????????????

OT
most everyone here has the right idea
"looking to date but nothing serious" means "I want to get laid NO STRINGS" or "friends with benefits"
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 30 (view)

I am single handedly ruining my relationship
Posted: 7/19/2012 3:26:52 PM
18 years old??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Good grief!!!!! You don't even know what love is!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop worrying about this guy and concentrate on your education and get a job............Geez Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 27 (view)

Six Months Later
Posted: 7/19/2012 10:21:26 AM
not to sound clique, but as Dr Phil would say "Past behavior is a pretty good indicator of future behavior".........what's to say that IF you did get back with her that she wouldn't walk out that door again?

I wouldn't go there.........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 25 (view)

I choose to work a job with little pay......
Posted: 7/19/2012 10:15:24 AM
It's not your paycheck, per say, it's what you do with it. Are you living above your means? Meaning, Do you have champagne taste on a beer budget? Suffice to say, how you manage your money says a lot about you as a person. And it's not a gender specific issue.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 18 (view)

My bf doesn't want another kid and suggest me using sperm donor
Posted: 7/11/2012 9:35:16 AM
OP, either your going to have to find a middle ground here or move on.
He's made it clear he doesn't want more kids. Your biological clock is ticking
and I think that has a lot to do with why you want a child.
I think you should discuss with him if there is a reason he doesn't want a child
with you. It might not even be you, but at his age, I can't say I blame him for
not wanting another child.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 148 (view)

Has anyone had a good relationship with someone on POF?
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:27:56 AM
I didn't read all the responses or even the opening post......just the subject line.....

Being as the majority here have fake profiles and are married or separated just looking for their
cake and to eat it too..........I'd
have to say the answer to the question IS A RESOUNDING NO.......................

The FEW of us here THAT ARE REAL don't stand a chance..................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 28 (view)

HELP in need of some Good Advice
Posted: 7/10/2012 11:24:08 AM
OP I've been were you are and it got me nowhere. IN MY CASE, the guy just used me and he as much as told people so. He passed 5 years ago now and left MANY unanswered questions that I, at least, will never have the answers to but I guess at the end of the day that really isn't important anymore.........

I'd say your doing the right thing by severing all contact and getting on with your life.
 TerrieLynnC

My POF BF and Baby Momma Drama-Help
Posted: 7/7/2012 3:26:42 PM
First off, he has business he needs to take care of. If he doesn't, as you claim, want to be with this "babies mama" then he needs to take the necessary steps to either a) get visitation or b) get full custody.

THEN you two can go from there. But until then this "babies mama" is going to continue to use those kids to control this man. He's not(and you shouldn't expect him to) going to ever put those kids before you. So step aside, hopefully he'll take care of business and then you two can talk..........good luck.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 5 (view)

I just don't get it.
Posted: 6/24/2012 5:03:44 PM
Something could have happened that didn't or doesn't have a thing to do with you that she's just not ready to share with you yet. Could have been a personal family matter.................could be any number of things.

Just give her space as you have been.........if she contacts you again then you can go from there.......but if not........move on.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 54 (view)

We're exclusive - does the POF account need to be hidden?
Posted: 6/24/2012 4:57:53 PM
So your on here (Oh it's only for the forums and you have your profile hidden, right?) but it's not alright for him to be??????????? tsk tsk tsk

It's only been A MONTH for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!! You two hardly know one another...........

It is entirely possible he's looking for someone else but we can't know what is going on in his head.
It's up to you to set down AND COMMUNICATE what you are feeling about this situation(IF there is one)...........
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 77 (view)

My ex, the new girlfriend and our kids, advice please
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:58:49 PM
This IS NOT PAS

The OP, if you ask me, has done the right thing in this situation.
I don't think she's lying when saying she has not tried to steer her children's views of their fathers's revolving dating door.
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 10 (view)

See her one last time?
Posted: 6/11/2012 4:20:32 PM
You already know the answer..........................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 16 (view)

Unsure how to go about seeing girl I met 3 weeks ago. Need Advice!
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:44:17 PM
I didn't read all the repsonses........

First off, there's nothing wrong with a single mother wanting to date.

Secondly, OP your only in the beginning stages of this. She obviously still has a few custody issues to work out and it seems she is doing that. You will never be a priority over this child, you shouldn't expect to be. If your that interested and things are going great SLOW DOWN and take things as they come for now. If it gets to be months and you still haven't met, then I 'd say it's time to move on. Good luck.

Show ALL Forums