Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Freedom of speech and expression
 Pez2688
Msg: 42 (view)

Freedom of speech and expression
Posted: 1/30/2013 11:58:48 AM
If I walked around wondering who I'm going to offend next and how not too, I'd probably never say anything.

But I don't do that. People will be offended no matter what I say so I've stopped worrying about it.
 Pez2688
Msg: 153 (view)

Former Navy Seal Rebukes Obama
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:18:36 PM
Having worked for the Government, I know for a fact they're not responsible for 99% of the shit people accuse them of. There's no way to pull it off and not have everyone know.
 Pez2688
Msg: 151 (view)

who has more rights?
Posted: 7/26/2012 7:36:15 AM
Last time I checked, there was this little sign in most stores that says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."
 Pez2688
Msg: 9 (view)

offended?
Posted: 7/25/2012 9:09:15 AM
I don't get offended. I figure reality will take care of those who run their mouths.

I like that...The world has a way of sorting itself out.

@Funcuz +1

Go to a third world country and being stuck in traffic or some punk talking shit doesn't seem so important anymore.

It's damn hard to offend me. Just about the only thing that does it is bigots, and they're more annoying than offensive.
 Pez2688
Msg: 146 (view)

who has more rights?
Posted: 7/25/2012 9:04:01 AM

The point still stands though ... while a customer may choose where to spend his or her money , a business can't refuse service based on arbitrary criteria .

Uh, yes they can. A business owned by a private individual can refuse service to anyone for any reason they choose and even more-so, they don't have to tell you the reason, they can just tell you to leave. Just like I can stand in my yard and tell people not to walk in the grass, etc you get the idea. Arbitrary criteria is an opinion, one that I share but the facts remain. Businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Whether it is morally right or wrong is an entirely different conversation.
 Pez2688
Msg: 20 (view)

Anything you want to know, just ask.
Posted: 7/24/2012 11:44:50 AM
I hate when it says that. If all it says is they have a kid, they're not shy and if we want to know anything just ask. The hell am I supposed to say? Hey, that bottle of shampoo in the corner of that pic, that's a nice bottle....
 Pez2688
Msg: 65 (view)

There is no such thing as time, and thus no such thing as death
Posted: 7/23/2012 10:00:21 AM
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." ;)
 Pez2688
Msg: 11 (view)

Time travel... just doesnt work.
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:53:09 AM
What do we want?

Time Travel!

When do we want it?

That's irrelevant!
 Pez2688
Msg: 127 (view)

who has more rights?
Posted: 7/23/2012 9:35:27 AM
It's a privately owned business, they can do as they please. If you don't like it, don't eat there.

It really is that simple.
 Pez2688
Msg: 39 (view)

In your opinion why do
Posted: 7/23/2012 8:23:47 AM
It is not sad, it is reality.

Capitalism, baby. Anyone can do it.

It makes me sad that people think we should take others hard earned money and redistribute it. That's downright depressing actually. I'm off to eat a gallon of ice cream....

@ rushluv

The whole watching tv cuts years off your life. Do you want to live forever? To tell you the truth, if there's ever a time when I have to rely on people to get everyday stuff done, like take a shower, nope, take me out back and do me a favor.

So you guys have fun being old, losing your minds and having to rely on others for things you've been doing your whole life by yourself. Me, I recognize when the fight is over and it's time to move on.
 Pez2688
Msg: 112 (view)

Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead
Posted: 7/21/2012 8:58:04 AM
@Coma White

It can't be bought by civilians, so he probably made it. It probably wasn't tear gas, either. Tear gas sucks, enormously.... In Tear Gas (This is from personal experience), you can't breathe at all, your lungs stop working, breathing in is painful to say the least and your eyes water. The building also wouldn't be occupiable for some time. The crystals settle on the ground and just opening a door kicks them up again. You'd need a shop-vac kinda thing to get them.

From the news, it was probably regular smoke, like from a smoke grenade, which you can buy or make yourself.

Yes, happiness is a beltfed machine gun and about a thousand rounds. If you don't believe me, youtube Knob Creek.
 Pez2688
Msg: 116 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/21/2012 8:47:14 AM
I love how you lump all vets into a few categories. Vietnam was PTSD and FTA. Are you one of those people that assume all returning vets are ****ed up in the head? Yes, I do believe someone would spit on returning vets. I've been called a few choice names by random strangers. Much like the rest of the world, the people here either love us, or hate us, there is no inbetween.

Just so you know, not everyone is a combat veteran. Of the 7%-8% of the American population that has EVER joined a military branch of ANY kind, approximately 1% of those actually fire their weapon in combat, even less for a hit.

I've heard stories from several vietnam vets, only two tell me they were spit on when they returned, one is a family friend and served with my father in Vietnam and as an Army veteran myself, I'd take his word over a strangers' any day of the week.
 Pez2688
Msg: 5 (view)

Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead
Posted: 7/20/2012 9:07:38 AM
@HawkingJr

And then he gets to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Get the answers from him, then take him out back and put a bullet in his head. I'll happily drop the hammer.
 Pez2688
Msg: 114 (view)

Fighting for our freedom
Posted: 7/20/2012 9:00:03 AM
Vietnam vets were spat on, igorfrankensteen. I know several including my father who is a Vietnam vet and experienced this first hand.

I sure am glad I didn't recieve any of that when I got home from Iraq. I don't know what I would've done.
 Pez2688

Would it alarm you to know a guy hasn't had sex in years?
Posted: 7/20/2012 7:49:07 AM
Thanks for all the advice, ladies and gentlemen. Reading this has made me not so self-conscious about it.
 Pez2688
Msg: 106 (view)

Do men secretly hate being used for sex
Posted: 7/19/2012 9:46:59 AM
If I had feelings for the girl? It'd bother me. If all I wanted was to get my nut off? I wouldn't give two shits.
 Pez2688
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2012 9:18:51 AM
Fair enough, Landra.

I don't go up to women and say, "Hey, I haven't had sex in two years. Would you go out with me?"

The topic of sex always comes up and when asked, I won't lie. I can't lie, liars disgust me. Yes, that's a strong word, but it's accurate.
 Pez2688
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2012 8:59:38 AM
It's ok, Dino. If I lose my sense of humor and more importantly if people can't understand or accept me because of my sense of humor than as the old line says, ****'em if they can't take a joke.
 Pez2688
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2012 8:58:10 AM
It's not necessarily the two years. It's I went from being a stud to a zero. My attitude towards people and women in general, changed.

I dunno, it's hard to explain without revealing more than I want to on the 'net and without coming across as weird. Indeed, in the two years I've taken my break, I've been labeled gay and the creepy guy because I would be the only guy at the parties making absolutely no attempt towards women. It's a weird situation I'm slightly ashamed of.
 Pez2688
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/19/2012 8:28:04 AM
I'm 24 and I haven't been with a women at all, no kissing, no touching, etc in over two years.

After I got my divorce, I literally lost all interest in women. I had absolutely no desire for sex although I still would look at pretty women on the street etc, that's all I would do.

I've brought myself back from this recently to the point I have a desire, but now I have the most terrible luck with women. It's starting to suck, to say the least.

I understand telling women I'm divorced, but is telling them I haven't been with a woman in several years helping or hurting me?
 Pez2688
Msg: 13 (view)

Things that make an attractive woman
Posted: 6/15/2012 10:06:17 AM
The Golden Ratio....
 Pez2688
Msg: 151 (view)

Can you compliment a man's penis too much?
Posted: 6/14/2012 3:27:25 PM
For me, compliments aren't needed, but always welcomed.
 Pez2688
Msg: 12 (view)

Shaking before sex
Posted: 6/14/2012 2:40:39 PM
Gotta learn to calm yourself down.

What works for me, I close my eyes, interlock my fingers with a little pressure and take a few deep breathes, concentrating on my hands and nothing else. I had a guy scissorkick my knee from the side while playing soccer. Worst pain in my life next to when I threw out my back. Did that little technique and I was able to get up and walk off the field after a minute or two.
 Pez2688
Msg: 99 (view)

favorite positions
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:47:00 PM
Girl on top. :)

Also, her laying on her stomache and mean coming at her from behind. Pretty much doggy style, but she's laying down.
 Pez2688
Msg: 4 (view)

Shaking before sex
Posted: 6/14/2012 1:42:20 PM
Sonmething to do with blood pressure and/or blood volume. Just an educated guess.

The penis uses blood to stay erect and with your heart racing it makes it harder.Do you have any strange bruises that came out of no where?

Does it happen any other time? Say, while playing sports or doing strenuous activity?
 Pez2688
Msg: 70 (view)

New Idea
Posted: 6/12/2012 4:10:23 PM
Couldn't do this. Had one girl ask and we tried and every second I knew she was out with another man made my chest feel like it was caving in.

Not a chance in hell.
 Pez2688
Msg: 358 (view)

Have you ever been caught Masturbating?
Posted: 6/12/2012 3:11:50 PM
Lulz. I was in the Army. Getting caught jerking it is like going to the store, a nonissue.
 Pez2688
Msg: 138 (view)

cream pie tasting
Posted: 6/12/2012 2:49:15 PM

are there really many guys who haven't tried their own cream after masturbation, at least ONCE ? for that matter, women?

Nope, never even crossed my mind.
 Pez2688
Msg: 15 (view)

Military men?
Posted: 6/2/2012 1:14:33 PM
Where were all these women when I was in?
 Pez2688
Msg: 2 (view)

ex wanting sex...just a question
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:34:46 PM
I usually remind myself why they're an ex and decide from there.
 Pez2688
Msg: 22 (view)

Lost..
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:06:46 PM
Eject.

The crazy, she has it. Just calling it as I see it.
 Pez2688
Msg: 141 (view)

Would u still date a girl if she won't sleep with u?
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:30:28 PM

Then you also would have no respect for yourself and she shouldn't have any respect for you, either. If she has no self-respect for sleeping with you on the first date, then by the same token, you have no self-respect for sleeping with her on the first date.

I disagree. I'm not the one putting myself in a compromising situation. The ladies have the power to choose when and where.
 Pez2688
Msg: 137 (view)

Would u still date a girl if she won't sleep with u?
Posted: 5/22/2012 1:05:55 PM
If you sleep with me on the first or second date, I'll do it but I'll have no respect for you afterwards because you obviously have no respect for yourself. On the same note, if you wait too long, can you blame the dude for moving on?

I've waited a week or two for a girl to figure it out, after that I stop caring and move on.
 Pez2688
Msg: 45 (view)

Stretch Marks!!!!
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:34:09 PM
I have no problem with stretch marks. I do have a problem with low self-esteem and no confidence. I'm the baddest mofo in the valley and anyone that says different can kick rocks.
 Pez2688
Msg: 47 (view)

Can adultery be justified?
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:28:22 PM
Not unless you have an "open" relationship, but why have a relationship then?
 Pez2688
Msg: 21 (view)

Women and firearms.
Posted: 5/11/2012 11:20:58 AM
Edit: That was a dick thing to say.
 Pez2688

Women and firearms.
Posted: 5/11/2012 11:19:04 AM
@scifichicky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4sTc5ZYEc

It's a band T-shirt. He does music with Adult Swim/Comedy Shows. I see what you're saying, though. I take horrible pictures, always have, always will. I just threw one up there with my face.
 Pez2688
Msg: 3 (view)

Women and firearms.
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:37:11 PM
I shoot them, what else would I do with them?

Some people like working on cars, some people like Football or Basketball. I like to work on guns, hunt and shoot competitively. Youtube IDPA. I shoot IDPA about once a month, more if I have some extra cash for ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbhB1Mc3VAU

Fastforward to 1:30
 Pez2688

Women and firearms.
Posted: 5/10/2012 2:27:09 PM
So, I like to shoot guns. I work on them, I build them, I hunt. I also conceal carry. The last time I brought this up to a girl I was interested in, I'm pretty sure it scared her away. We had been seeing eachother for about two weeks and I was always unsure how to bring the topic up. It really is a passion of mine so one day when we were just sitting bored, I brought it up.

I let her play with a few, answered her questions as honestly as I could, even invited her to go out on a date to the range but she declined and we slowly lost contact.

So, ladies. How can I approach this subject without beeing creepy/weird, etc? I was thinking maybe it just wasn't her thing.
 Pez2688
Msg: 15 (view)

Why does this happen?
Posted: 4/27/2012 1:43:53 PM
This happened to me just the other day. Me and a girl got together talking having a good time. I thought we were really hitting it off, we literally spent two weeks together non-stop then she just dissapeared.

Like the guy said, some people just avoid confrontation and are incredibly selfish.
 Pez2688
Msg: 48 (view)

Are men really willing to wait for sex?
Posted: 4/25/2012 2:55:53 PM

You might want to consider looking at this from the other side of things as well, OP.

Not as in assuming that "guys need sex," or any of the other destructive and insulting myths that are floating around like suspicious punch-bowl logs.

Instead, imagine that someone you are with appears to be in constant turmoil and doubt, and is calculating when to permit themselves to think about "awarding" you with sexual affection, based on some ephemeral idea which they cannot themselves actually describe.

When a woman says, as you do, that she has to wait a very long time before deciding to have that much intimacy, she is also saying that she has no desire herself about the guy. She isn't that attracted to him sexually. Not an encouraging sign, if the guy wants to end up in a relationship that contains a fair amount of sexual contact.

While it is surely true that some scummy guys use the accusation that you are frigid, as a manipulative tool to try to get you to have sex before you feel comfortable doing so, it is only a useful tool, because it can also be the truth.

I would also point out, as I think some have already, that counting "date one, date two, date three...okay F__K!" doesn't make any special sense, but that neither does it work any better to count to twenty instead.

Besides, a lot of us "nicer, more patient" guys, have an annoying history behind us, of women getting us to wait a long long time, and then announcing that since we showed so little real desire for her, that she's gone off with Raoul the Ravager.

Bingo. Gold star. Have a cookie.
 Pez2688
Msg: 37 (view)

Introvert vs. Shy/Anti-social
Posted: 4/25/2012 1:54:11 PM
The ability to make small talk escapes me and those that are constantly loud/dominating the conversation annoy me.

I'm an introvert through and through. Most of my time is spent alone or with a few friends but our conversation is actually stimulating and thoughtful. My experience says introverts are usually the most intelligent of the two.

I subscribe to, "If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything" and most people find that unsettling when I can be in a group full of people and not say a word.
 Pez2688
Msg: 18 (view)

why the two word emails??
Posted: 8/8/2011 10:12:50 PM
Probably because they're shy... or they aren't good with words... would you really scoff at and ignore the right guy, perfect for you just because he couldn't come up with the right words to say to you the first time he spoke to you?

Why are women always saying "I'm shy at first, but warm up quickly" and then say men need to write a first email with substance... can't men be shy at first too?

Is that all you want contacting you is the macho overly confident borderline arrogant men who will charm your socks off with the perfect first email... and then turn out to be total jerks... (like so many men you've met or dated even in the past)

Cut a guy a break once in a while and you MIGHT just be surprised and meet the greatest guy ever...

Do you want to grow old and lonely just because Mr Right tried to say hi and you blew him off because he wasn't absolutely "PERFECT" in his approach to you?

I'm not trying to be offending, just trying to stress a point so often overlooked by women so you see the valid argument.

Honestly... with that philosophy, you make yourself whats called "unapproachable"... rejection hurts men you know. Great guys who actually have a heart, feelings and emotions... can be hurt by women who are brutal with their rejection.

Add to that all the well written first emails that only end up read/deleted without a response... time after time and it can be difficult to keep doing it.

Give a guy a break... it might pay off for you one day.

OR you could try doing the first emails yourself... show us how its done...

Just my opinion :)

You speak the truth. I quoted you in hopes more people read it.
 Pez2688
Msg: 12 (view)

women in the military
Posted: 8/8/2011 9:47:52 PM
I'd have to agree Boondocksaint

To be honest, you wouldn't want the stereotype of an AD female soldier.
 Pez2688
Msg: 9 (view)

women in the military
Posted: 8/8/2011 9:31:23 PM
I was active duty for four years.

Personally, I've heard too many horror stories about military women to ever date one while I was in but now that I'm out dating a female soldier would give us something in common that very few people share.

It'd really be situation dependent just like anything else when you're dating.
 Pez2688
Msg: 3 (view)

Why do men say you are good person?
Posted: 8/8/2011 5:25:12 PM
It means you're cool but he wants someone else.

Move on.
 Pez2688
Msg: 6 (view)

Profile review
Posted: 8/8/2011 5:01:07 PM
Ok, I see your point now.

That picture was pretty scruffy but I clean up nicely.

Can anyone else offer their opinion?
 Pez2688
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile review
Posted: 8/8/2011 4:47:11 PM
Lol, I can't take that pic of my dad down.

My family are a bunch of jokers and you have to have a sense of humor to be around us.

I don't really know how a pic of my dad is not helping me when it's my profile. I'm not snapping at you or anything, just trying to understand your reasoning.
 Pez2688

Profile review
Posted: 8/8/2011 4:29:27 PM
I've had this reviewed by someone before and I changed a few things around. I took a break from this site for awhile now I'm back and changing stuff around again and I was just hoping to get another review. Good or bad, lay it on me.
 Pez2688
Msg: 8 (view)

ask a guy- criticize my pro
Posted: 8/8/2011 4:25:52 PM
Like the first guy said, if I wanted to contact you what would I say?

"Hey, I like your pictures, they're cool..."

The one thing that frustrates me about a lot of the women here is very rarely do they give anything good to start a conversation with. I know you won't sleep with me on the first date, I know you don't play games but what are your hobbies? What about your life has defined you as a person?

If you had to pick one thing about yourself that would explain you the most to a random person, what would it be?

Show ALL Forums