Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Winter Olympics and Human Rights
 scareymush
Msg: 55 (view)

Winter Olympics and Human Rights
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:13:12 PM
Ah sure I was just employing a wee bit of dastardly manipulation in order to help the fellow from nottingham get his point across....

I was worried the link to the video might get lost in the melee.

I had an idea that reverse psychology of a sort might get people to look and take note - that was all.

ETA: Perhaps Notts would be interested in this...

if you follow Panti Bliss' twitter account, you will see that she is garnering huge kudos for the speech she gave and interestingly lots of lecturers and teachers are exposing their students to the speech and getting the classrooms to discuss it. It's quite exciting to see that happen

Plus I think if people want to see the real horror of true homophobic diatribe they could log on to Emmanuel Uduaghan's facebook page!
 scareymush
Msg: 53 (view)

Winter Olympics and Human Rights
Posted: 2/12/2014 11:31:08 AM
^^^^ oh Yesss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXayhUzWnl0

The speech that galvanised a nation and aroused interest and much appreciation internationally...powerful stuff!!

I doubt the current crop of dimwits who contribute to the majority of threads on here will even try and find the video of Panti Bliss' noble call, and in so doing, should that happen...even getting it!

#Teampanti
 Scareymush
Msg: 37 (view)

Russell Brand. Does he have a point?
Posted: 11/23/2013 11:51:28 PM

To me globalization means usury. I rest my case and happy discussions on the forum. oh yes the troll does not like the light, I will descend again into the subterranean world. :)

Good...feck off for all eternity you horror or else I'll get Conor Mcgregor on your case!!
 Scareymush
Msg: 181 (view)

Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?
Posted: 11/21/2013 9:10:14 PM
^^^^you might not want to read this but I think you're current avatar makes you look kind of horrible..you should change it to a better image.

I'm with pollygraf..I prefer men who are short-ish....I'm not impressed by height at all in a sexual attractiveness sense...I much prefer men to be my height, I like being on an equal footing with them and genuinely find men who are my height and build plus dark haired and blue-eyed very very attractive....I wouldn't deliberately find a fair haired man attractive and I wouldn't find a man shorter than me attractive either and I definitely don't find men who are too tall or too big attractive also...but I'm 5'10" so I must desire a man who is between my height and maybe 6' 2" to make me feel at ease....and apparently that is tall?
 Scareymush
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 11/21/2013 8:20:24 PM

Russell Brand does believe in globalization, I regard him as part of the system with a very extravagant attire stolen by other subcultures.

Are you going to get your provo mates from down the local in Kilburn to kneecap him for his supposed hypocrisy then...seeing as you appear to disapprove of his universal message?

In order to affect change within the system you need to be in someways aligned to it, not by becoming some impossible terrorist or war mongerer or worse, a total toady.... but by embracing elements of the system and using those supposed accepted norms to encourage people to rethink their stances and preparedness to believe and trust in something that makes no actual sense in stark cold reality when critical thinking is applied.

Who watched the BBC documentary earlier tonight where British Army soldiers admitted to there being a 'shoot to kill' policy in Northern Ireland and where they confessed to shooting people dead in drive by shootings on the basis of photographs of supposed terrorists who turned out to be victims of mistaken identity?
 Scareymush
Msg: 58 (view)

Shallowness?
Posted: 11/21/2013 7:58:46 PM

Oh dear, an exercise in banal verbosity and a non-compliant main image just to complete the thing......

...or an exercise in exorcising the malware of a demented mind caused by overuse of A-list drugs, alcohol and some grass or hashish - beware the trojan horse which attaches itself to the weak willed and causes many an individual to self destruct !!

'm calling troll................

He's swarthy and greasy and tends to live underground, calling his lifestyle 'subversive'...more akin to a mole or moley from Toadhall ...a cartoonish element to the proceedings...it's amusing that he's currently claiming to be at least 3" taller than his actual height - I wonder why?

Shallow?

Moi?
 Scareymush
Msg: 92 (view)

Long/short hair for the mature ladies
Posted: 11/16/2013 9:30:50 AM

IGNORE any poster you suspect, or know, to be deliberately stirring things.

We'll see how you cope when attacked unreasonably by one of the paranoiacs from the crazy old duffers' club on here...but yes I do agree that group of trolls should be ignored, difficult as it is given the mad stuff they post....there's simply no point in even attempting to set them straight as all it does is fuel their ire and invite a whole heap of insults directed at you then.

Pamela Anderson looks amazing with short hair.
 Scareymush
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2013 5:49:52 PM
I have just watched the video too...I think Russell Brand made many very valid points and I wish to God I could have his baby.... nothing to do with my gusset being moistened by his flamboyent attire, his passion, his so true sense making comments and his self deprecation......his and my genes would make our progeny a force to be reckoned with hehe.

So many stand out comments he made in that interview....I liked how he said "David Cameron thinks 'profit' is not a dirty word...I say it is a dirty word because everywhere there is profit there is also deficit"

But what was most poignant to me right now where his comments on the years that he was a drug addict when explaining why he doesn't vote i.e. "I was part of a social and economic class that is under-served by an indifferent political system and drug addiction is one of the problems it creates when you have huge under-served impoverished populations people get drug problems...etc." and then he goes onto explain that apathy is not the individual's problem as they are disappointed and disillusioned by the apathy of those in power.

A friend of mine's husband died a couple of weeks ago, I only heard about his death last Thursday and his situation has been on my mind all day today...his kids shouldn't have been left fatherless, his wife shouldn't have been left a widow and it's all down to drug addiction in some form or another, without going into details about his circumstances, it does seem to me that there are many people who the government and those in power choose to ignore and even deliberately allow to wallow in the mire...till death or lengthy prison sentences take them from society...and it does seem like it's a hopeless situation when this particular thing has been going on for decades upon decades whereby children have been stolen from their parents due to early deaths and parents have been stolen from their children due to the same....and a generation of children who never knew their mothers and fathers have been brought up by their grandparents....

So, yes, for me, Russell Brand does have a point....absolutely!
 Scareymush
Msg: 70 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2013 5:03:48 PM

Strange how a poster who claims to be so intelligent and worldly, well at least of the British Isles, sees a link between homosexuality and pederasty but then it could be suggested their sense of propriety goes out the window when given a chance to take a pop at someone who has exposed them for what they are

I don't know if that part of your post was directed at my persona or post or anything that I have said ever but anyways...you are the person who created the initial allusion e.g. post 61:

Isn't there a rule about overtly sexual language, pederasti and/or homophobia? Perhaps some may have 'accidental' sex with boys from behind whist they are 'drunk' or it may be a fantasy but the topic is womens hair length so I agree with Daver, it all sounds rather flaming, troll like, and depending on the age of the 'boy', illegal.

Another poster laughed at your grasping at straws to which you further emphasised in your response to post 66 your skewered perspective of the post you were originally complaining about e.g. post 68:

And yes I do view his "nothing worse than" comment as homophobic.

Why and WTF ?

How can it be possible for a heterosexual male to be accused of being homophobic because he stated that he wouldn't like to wake up or arise from his drunken stupor straddled to a female with a more androgynous look than he'd like?

All he is guilty of doing is stating that it would be a turn for him, sexually, to imagine copulating with a boy instead of a woman....I know loads of gay men who can't stand even the mention of vaginas, does that make those men women haters?
 Scareymush
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2013 4:10:04 PM
I've never been in a position where I've needed any specific help - well, there was one time and it was a couple of decades ago now and the bloke I went to see in my hour of need didn't allow me to forget his non-favour at every other election campaign... he did feck all for me ...I just appreciate those who are dynamic and seen to be very proactive in all sorts of issues personal to our community and are completely committed to doing everything possible for us.

Ideally, I'd prefer to vote for a party that represents my political idealogies but so many politicians are so full of crap you can't really be sure if they believe in the stuff they say they believe in.
 Scareymush
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2013 3:49:38 PM
I haven't watched the video...will do afterwards when I have a minute.

Lately, I've been thinking that all of our various nations are seemingly answerable to a higher power and I don't mean God at all so it doesn't matter who is voted in because as seperate individual nations it would appear none have autonomy anyway.

Personally, I vote for the person who would have my community's interest as their main priority and has a history of at least trying their best to do their best for their constituency - I tend not to vote for a political party as such.
 Scareymush
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2013 3:26:49 PM

Haha.....glad to see some things never change, people still ready to pounce at the slightest thing and turning an innocent (but witty) comment into an act of paedophilia!!!

Ludicrous isn't it?

I wasn't quite sure if the poster in question was accusing the other poster of being anti-pederasty and therefore being homophobic and then I thought "hold on....that post bore zero resemblance to what the other poster was accusing it of saying...how peculiar!" I also can't help wondering what could be homophobic about thinking older men and teenage boys who aren't adults yet having sexual relations together is wrong if that was the case.

But the same complainant had no issue with something written on another thread (now deleted) by someone who thought it funny to slag off homosexuality by suggesting someone was gay because of the way they expressed themself....apparently I was lacking a sense of humour when I didn't see the funny side.

Re the short hair/long hair debate or vice versa....I think some women look better with longer hair styled well to suit their face and that some women look amazing with shorter hair styled to suit their face.....long hair left to lay lacklustre, lifeless and flat around your head probably won't do you any favours when it comes to trying to attract men into your bed...but if the bloke you're interested in is the sort to fantasise ultimately about tugging any woman with long hair's ponytail whilst riding her as if she is a bucking bronco then you are onto a winner even if you look like death warmed up or worse just because of those lovely long tresses.

p.s. Col....Mac is a teatotaller, so it's doubtful he'd find himself in a drunken stupour doing anything.
 Scareymush
Msg: 29 (view)

50 SHADES OF GREY ( the reality )
Posted: 10/31/2013 2:34:20 PM
I haven't read the trilogy but I'm rather interested in seeing the movie especially given that it's been announced Jamie Dornan is to star as the male lead in it - he was great in that series called 'The Fall' as an actor and of course he's extremely attractive looking as are the majority of Irish men plus all those other English born men of Irish extraction except maybe the pogues' lead singer and possibly Elvis Costelloe who isn't that terrible looking either and the Gallagher bros and that Steven Coogan plus Peter Kay.

Pam Eyres was a naughty naughty girl..so mischievous.
 Scareymush
Msg: 124 (view)

Do men actually like the chase?
Posted: 10/31/2013 2:23:07 PM
Better to be obscure rather than obdurate as are most men on here...hence my particular confusion
 Scareymush
Msg: 122 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2013 2:04:15 PM
Contact one of the mods - it sounds as if you might be blocked from posting threads but your problem could also involve not posting enough words /characters to pass muster but I think one is generally given a warning that not enough words or letters etc. have been posted and are asked to try again...there are many and varied reasons why people can't post threads and it might not be because you have been banned from doing so...the help forum on here is another place you should visit to see if anybody else has had your issue i.e.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum4.aspx

On Topic...men are most confusing.
 Scareymush
Msg: 520 (view)

What puts you off messaging someone?
Posted: 10/31/2013 1:56:18 PM
When he's slept with or been intimate in some way with half the cyberverse of POF and beyond.
 Scareymush
Msg: 87 (view)

Miley Cyrus Pics, Something to Worry about? Or Storm in a Teacup?
Posted: 10/20/2013 6:29:07 AM
horrendous video though - is your complaint that thing that is called fibromyalgia?

It seems they have made new discoveries about it..whereas before it was believed to psychosomatic it is now understood to have a genuine physiological (etc.) explanation for it - hope they find a cure very soon for all those who suffer with it. - my sister tells me it's not hereditary and for that I am grateful - I couldn't imagine me coping well with that problem at all....I can't stand pain to any degree and I know that after having sufferred a frozen shoulder twice for six months each time - I was totally getting to the point where I would freely opt for suicide those two times...dreadful stuff!

I can't actually name names but it seems to me that in general your fellow forumites are being quite generous to you...so yes you shouldn't become as incensed as you have in my regard - but you have a different point of view and perspective to me - I'm a simple observer and not involved in the cliquey thing at all.
 Scareymush
Msg: 17 (view)

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/20/2013 6:10:09 AM
oh damn...I walk by Spanish Chestnut trees every day - baby conkers galore - if only I knew of their magical power - I will pick them up on the way home in future and alert my neighbours to this fascinating fact - I'm sure they will be pleased to know this.

It's terrible living in suburbia all of my life and not knowing these nifty natural facts.
 Scareymush
Msg: 13 (view)

Spider season .... help
Posted: 10/20/2013 4:52:31 AM

BTW you should never throw spiders out of
windows - they have very brittle legs.........

Just as well then that they can spin webs so quickly - no need to worry about them becoming crippled in the least.

What do conkers have to do with averting spiders?

I actually love spiders being around in my house.
 Scareymush
Msg: 85 (view)

Posted: 10/20/2013 4:24:56 AM
^^^^ you are absolutely correct about there being a clique on here - there's really no doubt about that but GC is not a party to it or any .....

and the funny thing is...I believe that people (not me - because I think you're a bit of a grumpy irritable so and so) who are responding to you are actually trying to be your friend and are being gentle with you so it's kind of amazing that you are so on the defensive from my point of view - you are being treated really well and people are being terribly kind to you - I'm stunned and amazed that you don't see that - I suppose being in pain 24/7 like you are is having a bit of an affect on your personality - you're still hilariously funny to me though.

I remember I once passed by S. O'C in my home town....I barely noticed her but saw a beautiful little boy with golden hair jumping around trying to avoid the cracks in the pavement chasing after her - he was so stunning because he was oblivious to everything and charmingly full of the joys of life - pure innocence and so happy - I tried to catch the eye of his mother who turned out to be Sinead but she had her head down and looked rather meek - I wanted to smile at her and would have loved to have said to her what a beautiful boy - well done you missus!....anyway, as far as I am concerned gloriously beautiful children like him don't come about by accident - they are clearly nurtured in the proper way, indulged in as is proper and allowed to simply be - so to my mind miley was being a completly ignorant cow when she dared to slag off Sinead and her parents should have had a word with her about her dreadful behaviour.
 Scareymush
Msg: 79 (view)

Posted: 10/18/2013 2:34:05 PM
Ohmigod Oluben...thank you so much for the laughs, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

I don't know if you are messing or not but the idea that you find Col so antagonising and irritating is hilarious to me - if you truly do feel that way, I think you're very much mistaken - but carry on please - this is comedy gold!

Re the subject of this thread, I think she should go to school and get an education and also go back to playing with her dolls.
 Scareymush
Msg: 32 (view)

is this government supported racism?
Posted: 10/17/2013 11:43:53 PM
^^^^ yes he is a total charlatan leading us all in a merry dance something you wouldn't dare do!
 Scareymush
Msg: 75 (view)

Posted: 10/17/2013 4:20:17 PM
I remember years ago, I met a bloke who was a big fan of Siouxie and the Banshees. I think he was about 16 or 17 when he went to see them in concert and he spent the whole couple of hours in the front row completely mesmerised by Siouxie's vagina - apparently she wore some kind of outfit that deliberately exposed it - that was way back in the 80's and I suppose it was a very punk anarchic thing to do if it was done purposefully.

Also it could be seen as her reclaiming her sexuality, doing as she wished, being a powerful strong independent woman - and then nowadays we have that Ukranian lot called 'the femme movement' or something similar who run around exposing their bare chests with feminist slogans written all over them in order to shock etc.

Miley Cyrus' wrecking ball video was so embarrassing for any real woman to witness as was her VMA performance - she came across as very uncomfortable despite her bravado - she's only 20, barely out of her teens and doesn't know anything about being a woman at all and it definitely seemed as if she was being given the wrong advice about how to sell her music - it was all very disappointing and embarrassing and no doubt some very unscrupulous males were behind all of that idiocy.

BTW Colin, I don't think you are a forum hooligan - Is this the thread where you were so accused? Made me laugh so much to read what was being said about you when none of it is true at all.
 Scareymush
Msg: 103 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2013 10:55:16 PM

A million years ago (well about 1972 actually) I had two or three women in my life who were very up for the 'no strings' deal - time & health awareness has moved on a little since those days..

...interesting because nowadays the largest demographic to present themselves at gum clinics are the over 55's ..perhaps your search for a 'bit on the side' or a little 'afternoon delight' should be extended to include women of a certain age.

My youngest son gets chased by girls of his own age quite a lot and he does not like them being so forward at all - apparently he can't respect women who are too obvious, he prefers the more enigmatic, coquettish types and finds the opposite a total turn off - I think he's some kind of throwback to Victorian times myself. I told him that when I was younger, I preferred to be in control of whatever proceedings might occur by being the one to state my interest and intent initially....in my experience most fellas loved it if you approached them first and were very flattered by the attention, not having to try too hard was probably a bit of relief for the more shy and retiring amongst the male populations.

I personally can't abide the bollix some men come out with in order to get you into the sack or to commit yourself to them entirely especially when the world is your oyster and you might have choices galore, I can't stand being manipulated but don't mind being slightly Machiavellian myself..perhaps my son and myself are the same but with genders reversed.

I've personally witnessed lots of couples being borne of one of the pair being the one who chased and waited and persisted in attaining their particular goal..once some of us set our sights on someone...there is no stopping us.
 Scareymush
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2013 9:52:12 PM
I can't but help wonder if her demise will be as prophesised by Ms. O'Connor.

It makes for interesting viewing the tit for tat exchanges on the aul' t'interweb between the pair - Ms. Cyrus comes across as being a really badly brought up young woman - she's a horrible b1tch - I'd be so ashamed if my daughter was as arrogant and pig ignorant as Cyrus has shown herself to be, although I'd probably forgive her for it all given her ages and lack of experience of the 'real world'.

But honestly you do have to wonder what it is about her parenting that has her behaving the way she is right now - I can't believe her Ma and Da didn't at least teach her manners before now.

I c&p'ed the link from the original post into my address bar and it just brought me to the current news of the 'Torygraph' ...no scandalous images were to be found of the nubile teenager who once was - was she the one who was snapped/papped by a paparazzi wearing no knickers whilst wearing a very mini mini-skirt?
 Scareymush
Msg: 38 (view)

Playing devil's advocate vs trolling
Posted: 9/28/2013 11:38:21 PM
Msg 37

I'm not sure if you are deliberately misunderstanding my point but misunderstood it was.

The threads being bumped (which by the way is a and all forum/s no-no) are ones from way back in the day when this UK forum was basically new and a fledgling one - it found it's legs eventually and everybody began to behave in accordance with the set rules which came about after a certain amount of reviewing of previous thread topics and responses to said threads and membership activity plus complaints et al.

I'm not super happy with the rules on here or content with the restrictions as a consequence we all, equally, have to suffer due to unwittingly being guilty of a rule infraction which is completely up to the mod in question deciding that you are an attention seeking whore or troll extraorinaire etc. e.g. flame thrower and drama merchant.

As far as I am concerned the reason I would like age old threads to be preserved is because it shows the development of the uk forums.....the older threads also bear witness to the extraordinary wit and incredible cleverness of previous posters along with describing history for the last almost 8 years or less within the uk (to an extent popular culture)..things might not have changed so much and concerns from almost a decade ago might still be relevant today but attitudes were probably a little different and therein lies the curiosity factor should someone be a natural born archivist.

I'm convincedthat Marcus reckons it might be a pension plan.

He owns everything we've all ever posted on here after all.........
 Scareymush
Msg: 36 (view)

Playing devil's advocate vs trolling
Posted: 9/26/2013 5:04:14 PM

I was informed yesterday that I had been 'accused' of trolling- that's why I have looked the topic up on here. After reading the thread, I think i agree with one of the above posters who suggested something on the lines of that one can be accused of trolling by others who simply dont like what you have to say. . . I think playing the devils advocate is a really good way to challenge peoples, and ones own, beliefs and opinion.

You were probably accused of being a troll because of your impetus to bump up old threads which currently break the rules but were being saved for the sake of posterity...and deliberately so that you could cause other more on topic and pertinent threads to be lost in the milieu.

It's rare that you have anything worthwhile to add to a discussion other than to remind us that homophobia exists elsewise your posts are pithy and off topic and are exceedingly unhelpful also boring in the extreme.

You can't have a serious debate if the local forum clique have got everyone too scared to actually say what they think.

You often find that it only requires one person to defend the other side and suddenly the flood gates open and a whole load of people join the debate.

Too true - particularly at the moment - I often think "how far are people prepared to go when it comes to rewriting history on here and denying the actual truth"?

It's kind of crazy how some are so intent on defending the indefensible in the interests of preserving friendships and maintaining contact with ne'erdowells who might just get their back sometime or another.

A troll to me deliberately sets out to be negative spiteful or nasty for their own entertainment and the entertainment of like minded people without any regard for those that they hurt or the concept of fairness or reason

Good definition and it's happening on here loads recently.
 Scareymush
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 9/26/2013 4:02:18 PM

There was no stalking or harassment.

Perception is reality...and what I witnessed was posts being stalked as in followed and responded to with extraordinary snarky ripostes and the harassment I'm referring to is the half dozen or so women who'd been messaged warning them about your good self....you don't view that in the same way I did?

That's fine ...apparently others believe you two were having a bit of a laugh...pity the other people involved weren't informed about you both just taking the proverbial P..I became unwittingly involved in the drama of it all which I didn't appreciate because I had deliberately ignored all of the carping purposefully in the hopes all the issues would be worked out and everybody would get along eventually....I also found the shenanigans of a certain woman quite ridiculous..her arrogance extreme and her need to punish you cyberpath- like - she was behaving like a freak obsessed - the fact you can't distinguish between pathological obsession and proper respectful treatment as a human being is worrying albeit could explain your right wing bias politically as in your soul has been abused from day one?

Msg 18

[.......]I realise that this is all 'thinly disguised' and 'subtle' but really, taking ancient history and regurgitating it as stalking is all a bit of a nonsense (& yes, I was on here at the time, & yes, I was the one that foretold it would all 'end in tears'[......]

So you witnessed exactly the same as me but.........

...at first I thought you were referring to the OP and were in agreement with me as to the demerits of the OP but instead you were wont to continue the lie that the interaction I referred to was all perfectly understandable and not humiliating in the least for the intended victim and his other love interests....

I used to be a keen environmentalist volunteering for all sorts of good works round my area and becoming a champion of conservation - I was getting somewhere and I was making useful contacts and then politics reared it's ugly head - all I wanted to do was some worthwhile saving of the planet and educating the people of my area how to protect their environment, how to exert their rights etc. etc. It's not so bad where I live we have a good amount of green areas and native trees and wild meadows are plentiful but the ugly face of politics (purely because money was involved in the way of grants and lots of people decided they knew best how the money should be spent and fights amongst them all ensued) caused me to bow out entirely because I hate that kind of crap so much. It's a shame because I was a really good teacher and the kids I was involved in educating then still remember me to this day.
 Scareymush
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 9/23/2013 11:04:39 PM

this really illustrates the difference in our thinking, as i thought/think it was sly pokes between friends i was seeing.

I'm sure the young woman I was originally addressing will welcome your kindness towards her but I don't see how you could call Stalking and harassment anything other that what it is.

on the one hand you say you dont know my stance on immigration etc, but then go on to confess thats a lie, as you offer me a get out clause, something i may only need if you had already decided what my stance was.

you make accusations based on your assumption that i'm english through n through.

I made no assumptions about your 'pedigree'...it is not a lie and nor did I confess to lying when I stated that I'd given you a get out clause by suggesting that perhaps your thread was more about showing the readership of these forums how silly we can be when it comes to being overly concerned with protecting the natives from the onslaught of the foreigners.

i've said before i'm a mongrel! the bloodline on my fathers side goes back to ireland via scotland, on my mothers side it goes back to france via the english channel, thats only a guess, they may have taken a more scenic route :-)

If any of your ancestors came from Scotland to Ireland...you can be guaranteed that the Scottish branch most likely originated in Ireland...it's important that you understand and acknowledge that.

perhaps you should try googling diseases brought by europeans to...take your pick, america, africa or any other place you choose. grey squirrels brought squirrel pox from america, europeans took smallpox "to" america for a start.
so drawing parellels between humans and animals is not confined to me, history is just as guilty :-)

But that was not your original point ...otherwise you would have not felt the need to to ask in your OP :

"should militant islamists in their own countries now be called conservationists?
should bombing a uk mosque be labeled an act of conservation.

Certainly your OP is very timely considering what happened in Kenya over the weekend...even though the person at the helm of that attack is allegedly the infamous English woman known as 'the white widow' and was carried out in order to bring attention to what's happening in Somalia.

I wonder, do our native flora and fauna have religious beliefs?

conservation is one thing re-introductions (aka re-wilding) is something else.
more should be done to hang on to what we have, like the wild cats i mentioned.

The reason why I think you don't know what you are talking about is because you haven't touched on the important aspect of biodiversity...it is the need to preserve and encourage biodiversity which is behind environmental conservation and not some mad cap nonsensical psychopathic idealogy whereby conservationists are given free reign to kill off all interlopers they don't like...just because....
 Scareymush
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 9/22/2013 11:51:47 AM

I think this thread is meant to be a bit of light hearted, tongue in cheek silliness. It always fascinates me when people can't see that. It always fascinates me when people turn innocent things to nasty. It always fascinates me when people twist things to their agenda on the most tenuous link. It always saddens me that people appear to receive hatred and keep it in their hearts.

Clearly I don't agree with you that this thread was meant to be lighthearted. But I'm curious to know what you imagine my 'agenda' to be.

I was merely getting down to brass tacks and wasn't prepared to play along with the op's little mind games plus I was frustrated by his ignorance regarding environmental conservation which is a positive thing and not at all what he is attempting to suggest it is.

I have the right to respond and you bullying me won't prevent me from doing so. My post was relevant and to the point it's a pity you couldn't stick to the rules of the forum and post on topic yourself.

Indeed Notts, I must say that I prefer my lemons in a G & T.

Oh please...need I really remind you of how embittered you have proved yourself to be regarding a certain man on here and the failure of your 'relationship' with him.

OT

Msg 11 - in that part of my post which you quoted I wasn't actually expressing my opinion, I was merely providing a get out clause for the OP.
 Scareymush
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 9/21/2013 11:45:56 AM

effectively promoting racial purity, the negative side of which is a reduction in genetic diversity!
perhaps conservation has a dark side:-)

It seems to me that you don't understand what environmental conservation is about.

I find your analogy of comparing human populations with the wildlife populations quite facile..overly so. I also see this thread as a very sly way of introducing yet another inflammatory anti-immigration thread...but in saying that I actually don't know if you are anti- or pro-immigration and if you are pro or at least not against it and don't have a problem with immigrants in your neck of the woods then perhaps you are trying to show us how ridiculous the whole concept of preserving the indigenous population is.

But if you want to know about the impact of ethnic cleansing on a country why not look to your neighbouring isle (to the west) and consider the mistakes your forbears made there..or, if you prefer, the successes they achieved....their evil ways still have a far-reaching effect. But then again, the ethnic cleansing that took place there was not about preserving the native population but rather about ridding the country of it altogether.

Re: the human versus flora and fauna debate...I think that in general, human beings are more adaptable and that the transient human populations that landed on the shores of Great Britain or anywhere else have tended to enhance the evolution of the native population by introducing new cultures and new ideas...although perhaps some past and possibly present invasive populations have wrought mass destruction, murder and mayhem..certainly in the case of England, their travels abroad and invasion of other territories have proved to be quite horrific for the Irish at least....there's probably lots of other countries that would complain about the same.
 Scareymush
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/20/2013 9:25:56 AM
Conservation involves the restoration, preservation and protection of native flora and fauna including their habitats and unique ecosystems, this is important in ensuring a more sustainable future for all because, of course, indigenous plants, trees and animals have evolved over the millennia to adapt to the demands of an area's climate whether it be a micro or macro climate and are best suited to that environment.

The natural order of a country/ specific area/environment needs to be maintained for the health of that area e.g. grey squirrels wouldn't be as beneficial to Great Britain as red squirrels therefore it is important to preserve and protect the red squirrel population to the detriment of the grey.

Conservation is a positive thing...conservationists are neither terrorists or freedom fighters.

I didn't know that ethnic cleansing was part of the remit of jihadists....I thought their primary goal was to force their religious beliefs on others.
 Scareymush
Msg: 5 (view)

UK FORUM VIOLATIONS: Consequences
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:52:04 PM
If you have been banned from posting new threads, what course of action should you take to try and regain that privilege ?

Loss of posting privileges including creating new threads and being restricted to posting only five or ten posts per day never seem to be accredited to one particular mod in the same manner as when you've received a ban from posting at all for a number of days or weeks depending upon how many rules you've broken or more precisely how many times you've been reported f9r minor rule infractions...anyway...it's a given that when you've been completely banned from posting for whatever length of time a reason will be given and the mod who made the decision will inform you as to why.

It seems to me that unless you know which mod has decided to prevent you from posting new threads or posting more than five/ten posts a day you don't have any recourse other than to accept your circumstance because you don't know how/who or why you got yourself into that situation...the reality is that you could imagine yourself to be very knowledgeable about the rules and as far as you are concerned quite cognisant and mindful of them but some mysterious mod will take exception to your apparent 'lack' without having to bother explaining why or allowing you to defend yourself to them...I don't get that.

Who do you approach to look into your posting history to see why your privileges are so restricted and who should you ask to take a kinder more understanding view of your particular circumstance? How do you, as a poster, resolve the situation when it's a known thing that once a restriction has been put in place by an individual mod...another mod would be disinclined to interfere with their colleague's bans etc?
 Scareymush
Msg: 2 (view)

Lads mags banned from co-op
Posted: 9/11/2013 8:08:00 PM
My thoughts are that it is about time that retailers aka newsagents realised that children aren't actually as short as they used to be and whilst previously they may have got away with putting such mags on the top shelf; nowadays it is a bit of a futile occupation..therefore they are right to complain.

No doubt it is rather a nuisance having schoolboys make it their business to leaf through the magazines on display in the narrow confines of their wee shops during lunch hour or shortly after school. It's a terrible shame schoolboys are now taller than their antecedents of a generation ago....

This issue could be just as much about greed as it is about some kind of a random genetic and environmental thing such as evolution... physiological-wise.

As long as there is a group of people out their protecting the interests of the young ultimately, I really don't care what their initial motivation was...I don't want any child to be exposed to porn at all, ever...maybe that means I'm some kind of money hungry person..I dunno?
 Scareymush
Msg: 7 (view)

Tom Waits gets the seal of approval from the Vatican!
Posted: 9/2/2013 2:38:31 AM
For Dara....this occurred before divine intervention made it's self known.....

Brilliant music, brilliant artist being taken the piss out of way back in 77 and himself selling himself somewhat short...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwUtEEjZJ8

^^^^my second favourite song - the first is 'what a wonderful world' as sung by Louis Armstrong but 'The Piano has been drinking' has always reminded me of Da.......
 Scareymush
Msg: 52 (view)

Children should never be held responsible for their own abuse.
Posted: 8/29/2013 8:50:24 AM
@ MSG 42

Well, first of all, as I recently discovered, "cross-quoting" from other threads, is actually a forum offence.
However....

I didn't quote you....I provided a link to a thread where your views were markedly different to the ones expressed on this thread and gave a brief synopsis of what you had 'opined'.

According to his then opinion mitigating circumstances should absolutely be taken into consideration.....

Perhaps you'd like to show me where I said this..?
You're either misreading, misunderstanding, or just plain misrepresenting my views.

It's rare that I would misread or misunderstand what someone has written and if I had misread something and responded accordingly, I would apologise for the mistake.

The evidence is there in the link I provided, your words are there to be read by anyone interested enough...your then views were not misrepresented by me at all.

If you would like to resurrect that particular thread I can show you exactly where you said what I say you said.

Only a dimwit could interpret those words as "blaming the victims", when I talked about the "groupie" mentality, when what I was saying was that we need to examine the whole ethos of "celebrity-worship", which vulnerable children then emulate in their actions.

Did you just call me a dimwit?

You were absolutely blaming the victims then and there was no question in your mind then that there are mitigating circumstances when it comes to a celebrity being accused of sexual predation of the young and vulnerable which includes the behaviour of the victim, the era these incidents took place in, society and the parents of the victims too.

They can never be considered to be the "sexual predators" of adults, nor adults, ever their "victims".

Indeed.

My views are consistent.

Not always, although your anti-religious dogma is always the same old same old...even after having been educated on certain things you still obstinately stick to your usual misinformed and childish rhetoric.

Here's some more breaking news about child abuse in the catholic church, and it's cover-ups:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/archive/features/paedophile_priests.shtml
and
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/04/cardinal-keith-obrien-vatican-inquiry
Enjoy.

I'm not sure how exactly this supposed 'breaking news' pertains to me especially.....I'll just have to assume you are being a racist bigot until you explain yourself.
 Scareymush
Msg: 41 (view)

Children should never be held responsible for their own abuse.
Posted: 8/25/2013 4:47:51 PM
I would just like to say that any and all posts made by Jo Van on this thread are redundant when compared with his earlier posts on the Savile inquiry thread i.e.:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/15607978datingPostpage3.aspx

According to his then opinion mitigating circumstances should absolutely be taken into consideration.....after all young girls have been and continue to be groomed by their parents no less, plus society at large, to seek out those svengali type predatory males who hold such sway and promise and can change the girls' lives in an instant by making them famous or infamous celebrities at any cost.

His opinion is as changeable as the weather depending upon whom he is invested in impressing haha.

It is a disgrace that any child should be held responsible for their rape or sexual abuse in the same way that any vulnerable person of any age or circumstance should be made feel guilty for just having been present when an opportunistic serial rapist/predator decided to take advantage of the situation.
 Scareymush
Msg: 132 (view)

Real Reason To Why Women Dont Date Very Tall Men?
Posted: 7/29/2013 7:41:46 AM

Brick Navi. . 4. . How vulgar.

I found her post very enlightening...I've often wondered what it must be like, I'd need to meet a man over 6'10" to understand though.

Where I live there is a fair amount of very tall men particularly 18 year olds and those in their twenties - they grow them very tall over here all of a sudden - it's almost like living in the land of the giants. Although they are tall they are still in proportion as in they don't have overly long limbs or look awkward and too lanky.

my son is 6'5" and certainly has a lot going for him and yes it's true, he has lots of girls chasing after him.
 Scareymush
Msg: 82 (view)

Are The Royal Family Sexy Enough?
Posted: 7/26/2013 1:26:53 AM
Actually, I think the royal couple the duke and duchess of Cambridge are rather sexy in their determined down-to- earthedness and I really can't understand how anybody could abuse the occasion of the birth of their first born to progress an anti-royalty agenda given that both (i.e. William and Kate) seem to be the perfect antidote to the far worse excesses of the celebrity cult which seems to have overtaken rationality within the UK.

Really, how amazing it is for the UK to have a couple who represent the UK abroad and at home too who are just as normal and regular as you and I?

Despite the privilege they were born into, they seem to want to eschew all of it's trappings in the interests of experiencing life and it's simple joys at a more basic level.

Any old embittered freak can slag off the royal family and call them irrelevant and accuse them of being parasites but I won't necessarily take their dogmatic and hyper critical rhetoric seriously unless they can also acknowledge the positive effects of the latest crop of royals in the personage of William and Harry and especially because they are a second generation immigrant from Eastern Europe.

Perhaps for some it's not enough that the younger royals represent the middle class, and instead that they really should start behaving properly as in living the existence of an underprivileged person but truly, the royal couple of William and Kate are people to aspire to being like.

Like the Bob Dylan Song says

"The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.
 Scareymush
Msg: 47 (view)

Could it get any better?
Posted: 7/24/2013 1:09:53 PM
As it happens...Muhammed Ali, not just a fantastic athlete but a man who could deliver verbal punches very well too is Irish, or to be more precise Irish/African-American. His mother's grandfather, Abe Grady left Ireland during the famine.....no wonder he had such a talent for both words and fighting then.

I'm sure life couldn't have got any better for him when he discovered his true origins later in life.
 Scareymush
Msg: 58 (view)

Are The Royal Family Sexy Enough?
Posted: 7/23/2013 10:27:55 AM
You can't deny that there's probably a lot of money to be made from producing and selling those china plates with images of the royal family on them and those tea towels - do they make all of that stuff in the UK?

I think I'd probably fancy Prince Harry if I met him in person although the accent those royals and aristocrats have is as off-putting as that brummy one to me - if they spoke proper English, they'd all be a lot more attractive in my view. I do actually think that the Queen is quite pretty even in her dotage and she does have a beautiful smile.
 Scareymush
Msg: 92 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 7/12/2013 2:55:55 PM
Yes, music is very important, after all it is the food of love - I'd say there's nothing more romantic than being bellowed at by a screeching heavy metal fan to the tune of 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath

I didn't realise heavy metal was considered alternative music, I thought at least 80% of teenage boys loved it and that like football it was enjoyed so much because of the homo-erotic vibe...i.e. that it's a sort of safe kind of thing to be into if you are a young man confused about his sexuality and enjoy watching men writhe with passion on stage with their shirts undone and lovely long hair.
 Scareymush
Msg: 22 (view)

Getting More Bang For Your Bucks
Posted: 6/8/2013 2:17:28 AM
Awwww...I'd have defended you OP against the onslaught of the ridiculous bile our resident 'angry young man' (aged 60 + years) can't help but spew forth, except for the fact that it does sort of appear as if you are actively promoting sex tourism....I mean the title of your thread and following posts says it all doesn't it?

If there where a destination I would rather live in this world than the one I live in now...my over-riding concerns would not be about how physically and sexually attractive it's indigenous peoples are...it would be about the soul, the heart and soul of the place and it's residents...I'd like to be a part of a community within which the people will be friendly, accepting, open...happy to see you, happy for you when you are happy and also happy to leave you alone and let you get on with things..I can't abide nosey knickers.

@ pollygraf...Britain isn't a country or Nation...Great Britain is the largest of the British Isles...and it is an Island comprised of three countries formerly, at least, one other. You shouldn't make that mistake again...you might have a load of Scottish and Welsh and even English nationalists up in arms about your tactless thoughtlessness.

I can't help but wonder if people who do not even know the basics of the geography of the island they live on would ever possess opinions worth listening to or reading.
 Scareymush
Msg: 52 (view)

POF in UK
Posted: 5/25/2013 2:35:53 AM
I think this is a great innovation and a fairly generous amount of years apportioned to those who prefer the younger woman.

I don't understand at all why a man would wish to befriend a youngster almost old enough to be their daughter or worse their granddaughter - it's completely unnatural and I think using the excuse of being forum buddies is spurious - be friends with people closer to your own age and stop monopolising the attention of young people who probably don't know how to tell an old duffer of a coffin dodger to get lost politely and nicely.

I used to be really innocent before I joined this dating site...now I've become innured to so much bull..so much exploitation...so much crassness...I really truly rue the day I lost my quintessential innocence.

It's quite unbelieveable the horrible disgusting stuff you have to put up with from users on here..and certainly the UK crew are distinctly perverted in so many ways...possibly the worst thing about them is that often they are not so overt with regard to their intentions - generally they draw you in with offers of just being a friendly ear and being there for you...even proclaiming that incredibly they feel you both share a deep bond...a couple of weeks later they are pressurising you into talking to them via webcam...a couple of days later they are telling you that mustn't like them or feel quite as bonded with them as they do you if you won't show them your tits....I never got beyond that...I just decided to pretend that my webcam was broke and couldn't be replaced to avoid the constant manipulation.

Definitely...UK men are abusing this site for their own despicable sexual gratification....not all...but quite a lot.
 Scareymush
Msg: 22 (view)

A metrosexual or a vetrosexual........a.man who has something of the village about him ?
Posted: 5/25/2013 2:05:46 AM

a vetrosexual........a.man who has something of the village about him ?

What??

If you are asking about the difference between an urbane sophisticated citizen(...man) and a country bumpkin (..male) whilst denoting both with the inherent negative traits of the influence upon them of either's separate environments..then surely the only answer could be that the country bumpkin wins hands down when it come to machismo...after all he's probably jumped over a stile at some point of his existence and been mesmerised by the fluttering eyelashes of Ermintrude blissfully chewing the cud...this goes without saying.

What say you about the variety of female types which abound....you've got your very ultra-girly feminine types..the plain janes...the glamour pusses...nuns....laser beams...Katherine Hepburn types...etc. etc. How would they fit in to your attempt at creating a pseudo-sectarian divide within the same gender?

Men come in all shapes and sizes as do women, each individual meeting whatever needs are required of their friends and families...how some choose to dress is how they wish to be perceived in the main....but if I met a man who was hilariously funny and super intelligent and properly interesting I wouldn't care if his beauty regime was more thorough then mine...he'd be all man to me regardless.

P.S. I can't stand the sight of blokes in their 50's wearing bandanas, shoddy leathers and scruffy denims trying to relive their youth into their dotage...to me that type are the personification of those two twits on 'Dumb and Dumber'.
 Scareymush
Msg: 75 (view)

Another star arrested
Posted: 5/7/2013 7:35:10 PM
If Bill Roache is going to be stupid enough to claim that at one time he had sex or slept with at least 1,000 women before he settled down with his deceased wife and then go on to state that he sees nothing wrong with men being attracted to young women under the age of consent..it's hardly surprising that at least one of his victims might not take too kindly to his laissez faire attitude and outright boastfulness...If I were a woman who was somewhat confused about an occurrence that took place between me and a much older more experienced man than I at a time when I was particularly vulnerable ..i.e. where the man took advantage of me and seemed to boast about it to all and sundry like he was some kind of hero and where he believed women/young girls were simply prey or slaves (willingly or non-willingly} to his captivating stardom....I'd make sure he had something to answer for..who knows what the courts will prove, how guilty he will be shown to have been or not....I think his outing as a potential or even serial predatory sex fiend is par for the course for a self-admitted sex addict..the man was a sleaze bag and seems to retain some very odd notions regarding the better sex........women are not victims...women are men's equal at the very least and at most their superiors...and deserve better treatment regardless of how low men generally believe themselves to rank in the animal world when it comes to sexuality...all rapists are very angry violent people and all sexual assaults no matter how seemingly minor are acts of aggression against their victims..if you think otherwise then you are a totally disturbed fvcked up cretin.
 Scareymush
Msg: 253 (view)

Thatcher is Dead
Posted: 5/7/2013 7:10:25 PM
She turned the UK/Britain into a police state...she was a total b1tch and probably thought well of because of her cruel disposition - congratulations to her for spurring on dissent and dissatisfaction and laughing in the face of the electorate...what a fvcking cvnt she was...

quotes from Bobby Sands

am a political prisoner. I am a political prisoner because I am a casualty of a perennial war that is being fought between the oppressed Irish people and an alien, oppressive, unwanted regime that refuses to withdraw from our land.

“Foremost in my tortured mind is the thought that there can never be peace in Ireland until the foreign, oppressive British presence is removed, leaving all the Irish people as a unit to control their own affairs and determine their own destinies as a sovereign people, free in mind and body, separate and distinct physically, culturally and economically."

.....anyway..you get the gist...she was clearly the inspiration for Angela wotsherface Merkel and a nazi whom Hitler would have been inordinately proud of..she was the personification of evil...bad cess to the horrible b1tch!
 Scareymush
Msg: 34 (view)

true love/relationships
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:44:57 AM
As far as I am concerned any man who leaves a woman to deal alone with a crisis pregnancy regardless of whichever pathetic excuse he comes up with as to his reason why is a complete and utter pig and not a man at all.

No wonder rose you were going ballistic at the half polish fella for seemingly using and abusing you...it would appear you have quite the past and a load of guilt and issues around men rejecting you....

I say pfffffftt to all of that!!!

You'll eventually reach a point when you will feel free to use and abuse accommodating men yourself whilst still managing to be a fantastic mother to your daughter.

All you need to do is learn to have guilt free fun first ....later you can focus on meeting a man you would like to father a sibling for your daughter and who you can trust to be there for all of you no matter what.
 Scareymush
Msg: 25 (view)

ridiculous human pastimes
Posted: 4/24/2013 12:00:18 AM
When I was a kid...if someone farted, it wouldn't matter who was guilty but whoever was accused would be shouted "Taxi!!" at and get punched six times in their upper arms...if someone burped..the cry would be "Cab!!" and again that guilty person would be punched six times in the same place....-it was tiresome thumping all of those people practically all of the time.

As for Maxwell's dutch oven experience...I thought that was an intimate act leading to sex...
 scareymush
Msg: 27 (view)

hypothetical question but............
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:33:56 PM

I am also wondering as I guess this was way before my forum days as I'd definitely remember!

Yes, it was before your time, it was a long time ago.

Nonetheless, it does happen often enough on here that some lady or gentleman feeling scorned or whatever will use the forum to wreak a bit of revenge on the person they feel let them down....you are certainly not the only person to have done that.

Show ALL Forums