Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Trying to understand the outcome of a meet up/date
 missraven1
Msg: 4 (view)

Trying to understand the outcome of a meet up/date
Posted: 11/25/2012 4:29:33 AM

When texting a week or so ago she was telling me she wanted to go away next year and said maybe she should book a family room. She asked how I felt about being a step dad to her son (out of curiosity) and said it would be nice to go out with the kids one day. So there were positive signs, but now I feel that this may not be the case since we met in person.

Ive eased off on texting her, feeling unsure about where things are heading but she's still sent over 10 texts the next day and chased me up when I hadnt replied for several hours.

After saying that in which I also backed up, then this......

it seems I like her more than she likes me

I'm like huh. But lets see, I suppose you being floored by her looks, together with your insecurity over her comments about your weight loss, your reserved demeanour on the meet and what she said about going away etc has you thinking her main priority is to find a daddy for her kid, and it has less to do with her interest in you as a potential partner for herself? I'll go with she is just testing the waters .. you can't tell enough after just one meet and a long series of texts. Organize real-life chats will ya. It's inappropriate to be having these conversations via texting.
 missraven1
Msg: 8 (view)

Are we getting harder as we get older?
Posted: 11/25/2012 2:36:44 AM
The young are desperate to get out there and do it all, while the older crowd have the been there done that attitude...thus the latter ought to by rights be more relaxed about things - in a dating sense, for some it means they're not as concerned about the chase for a partner (good for those creaking joints :)), with discernment also meaning they will put up with less than their younger counterparts do.
 missraven1
Msg: 5 (view)

What is this?
Posted: 11/25/2012 12:33:07 AM
Real friends don't just walk away like that. They should at least tell you whats up. Don't get what other possibility there could be for the silence other than someone harbouring feelings for you. You might want to re-examine your friendships with these guys...and have a look at what you might also be doing wrong to prompt the behaviour.
 missraven1
Msg: 69 (view)

how do i tell him to leave me alone?
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:40:35 PM
Wow some long posts devoted to something seemingly simple. Haven't gone through and read them. I'll keep mine short.. Sorry you're not for me..I wish you well. Then block/ignore... That's certainly 2cents worth :D.
 missraven1
Msg: 11 (view)

Need advice with baby daddy
Posted: 11/23/2012 8:27:02 PM
My view: He needs to be aware of his legal rights. So he doesn't live under the cloud of her constant threats..as from your side of the story, it doesn't appear he's done anything wrong. If his income has gone down lately then my thinking is he ought to contact the child support people to update them of the situation so they can reassess the amount of maintenance he has to pay. It sounds as if a formerly recognised mediated agreement/court order is an absolute necessity.
 missraven1
Msg: 15 (view)

Just curious why this happens
Posted: 11/23/2012 6:37:40 PM
Imo you're wasting your money!! From what I've read around here, checking the message status does people's heads in. Questioning why someone didn't read it, why they read it then deleted it, why they didn't read it and deleted it, why they read it but didn't answer. Imo, knowing they've received it is sufficient. Beyond that, I think it's nosy. I'd recommend keeping it simple, either there's something in your inbox or there isnt. Less stress.
 missraven1
Msg: 20 (view)

Dont understand this puzzle
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:29:43 PM
Assuming you don't want a sugar-coated answer.....you have the rough as guts look goin on (feral).. leading one to think there's a character/personality to match. However! I'm not saying you don't have good qualities. But there is an impression given based on how you present yourself. I have observed the similarity in others, living in the area I do where bogans (similar to rednecks) aren't uncommon..with their penchant for loud and aggressive behaviour..I recently mistook one for a man actually. I can see why your main pic is a turn-off, it's a terrible quality photo and to be frank, there's a Manson-esque vibe to it (imo)... shaggy hair and beard, black shirt, tattoos.. then you've got your skinhead type pic, your interest in horror (plus your username), it's easy to assume you're probably also into heavy metal music (I call it angry music). When you gave Lifer as an alternative nick, the next thought is you must have done prison time or committed some crime/s. You might get defensive about this post but you can't control how people react. Sorry if that's all too blunt.. just know that I'm not judging you, this is simply an opinion, since you did ask specifically what it is about you that doesn't seem to be working.
 missraven1
Msg: 2 (view)

Texting this girl i really like.
Posted: 11/23/2012 3:01:20 PM
You've interacted with humans via talking before haven't you. Try calling her. Texting is a crutch. If you find it impossible, how are you going to talk to her face to face - or are you going to be sitting across the table from each other with you texting her.
 missraven1

Ladies what attracts you about a man on POF?
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:07:03 PM
I don't like an over-hyped image.. we're all different. Concentrate on real-life interactions wherever you can (using a dating site as a supplement), try not to put all your eggs in one basket, and don't expect too much. It's funny. What do NYC and POF have in common. Aside from the acronyms, both are big...the hub of all the action.. then how come I'm not getting any? (*I* as to whoever this applies to). It's a jungle out there. Goes to show that big isn't necessarily better.
 missraven1
Msg: 58 (view)

Ex-girlfriend won't give back deceased mothers ring
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:30:28 PM
FOCUS..you can make this about getting the ring back, or continue the mud-slinging, but you can't do both. Do your darnedest to drop the nastiness and hard feelings if you genuinely want to take onboard any ideas you get. If you're only here looking for sympathy, wrong place for that! Anyway, some additional info... Take some acting lessons coz you're gonna have to do some grovelling. Apologize for your nastiness..forget the reasons because it doesn't matter what justifications you give, you STILL could have handled it differently. Take a leaf from Pope John Paul II. He went and sat in the prison cell of the guy who tried to assassinate him and forgave him. Sure, how many of us can live up to that. Point is, you can make an attempt. Remember that hostility will get you NOWHERE. Understand, people are imperfect, some are more f*cked up than others, but we all have our idiotic-syncrasies. Allow time for both sides to cool off. Your other option is to be resigned that it's a totally lost cause..which may happen in any case, some people simply cannot be reasoned with. Keep it in the family next time with the heirlooms (imo) as others have said, and if it's a spouse, the on-loan policy somebody mentioned is a good idea.

I'm really not the bad guy here. I have been the bad guy in past relationships and willingly admit it. She's the one that treated me bad, not the other way around.

Karma's a b1tch huh.. Go forth young man and create some good karma.
 missraven1

Ex-girlfriend won't give back deceased mothers ring
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:14:30 AM
If you're intent on getting the ring back, which is understandable, you'll have to play it her way. Hopefully she won't get any ideas to sell it. Just a thought, were the paintings her own work, actually you may have offended her either way. And it seems as if she still feels something for you.. given your "false" breakup and her getting angry with you. Be sincerely nice, refrain completely from being mean.. you wanna defuse all drama, not constantly reignite it. Try to clear the air as much as possible. If it becomes necessary, you may want to think about addressing past issues and be understanding/neutral about it - don't get roped into or start an argument; you want to move on from past rubbish (closure) and gain some trust. Talk it over during the dinner suggestion, hopefully it goes well and you can organize getting the ring back if not right at that moment.
 missraven1
Msg: 6 (view)

Kind of stuck between two girls not sure where to go now!
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:59:05 PM
Only if you can help me out with a question: should I wear my pink undies tomorrow, or my purple ones?
 missraven1

H e told me he loves just as friend
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:13:24 PM
My view on this: He probably meant not ready as in you haven't yet accepted that he only sees you as a friend now..but didn't quite know how to say it to you perhaps. Would you ask to meet his family in the role as friend only. I suppose the beach is as good a place as any to stop off for a couple of days while you visit your family, cos he's only your friend remember! (don't take that wrong, I'm not coming down on ya). Maybe you're not confused as much as you're in denial and don't wish to accept that his feelings for you have changed, though it doesn't help for him not to be clearer about the family thing (btw confusing > you state friend in the subject heading and GF in your post, a la he loves me/he loves me not.. so maybe you are a bit confused.. I know I know.. must have just typed it wrong). Bottom line, he doesn't reciprocate your feelings, so it sounds best for you to cut him out of your life.
 missraven1
Msg: 12 (view)

Probably asked a lot
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:58:25 PM
Awesome was just the image you created for him..What have you lost with someone you've never met in person. Answer: a fantasy.
 missraven1
Msg: 7 (view)

Why would someone say this?
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:23 PM

Early stages of Alzheimers

Probably why he couldn't finish the sentence.
 missraven1

POF Has Finally Being Successful ! Found A Cutie-Pie !!
Posted: 11/19/2012 5:14:38 PM
Not tryna rain on your parade either, but.. from what you're saying, you only met her once and been in contact for less than a week thru texting. Calling it a romance and referring to her as "my love" seems full on to me. Just saying. Good Luck anyway.
 missraven1
Msg: 10 (view)

girl
Posted: 11/19/2012 3:08:14 PM
There's more of an expectation for women to be youthful and pretty to attract a mate...if you look around, I'm sure the predominant theme is that men are at least a few years, if not decades, older than their partner, I assume it is mostly because the men seek this out but I'm sure women do too. Most pronounced are cases of older men seeking women decades younger for relationships whereas if you switch the age discrepancy around, it is assumed to be only about sex. So older women may feel they need to extol their girlishness.
 missraven1
Msg: 68 (view)

using the word b*tch during sex
Posted: 11/19/2012 12:49:35 AM
I am so hazarding a guess here that perhaps what women get out of being called demeaning names is because it works as some sort of outlet for repression they feel day to day, to adhere to a certain image. So I guess the same could follow for men in acting out the aggression.
 missraven1
Msg: 3 (view)

Luck finding anyone really worth seeing on a regular basis
Posted: 11/19/2012 12:10:37 AM
Sidebar..

With online dating, it's still photos

This reminded me..the OP in the One Dilemma thread has as his main pic, a moving image of himself, albeit jerky movements. Don't know how he did it, and never seen it before, but it's kinda nifty.
 missraven1
Msg: 96 (view)

He reached across the table and put his finger in my mouth.....
Posted: 11/18/2012 7:00:00 PM
Do you even have to ask OP. Look at the title of your thread as to a reason why people hang around here lol.
 missraven1

Feel the burn!
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:31:54 PM
He was referring to his other favourite activity.
 missraven1
Msg: 2 (view)

Feel the burn!
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:18:10 PM
I don't have a proper profile up myself (not necessary for what I'm here for).. so I may not be a great contributor to profile reviews. However I did like your main photo. Cool and funny.. just one thing, consider a slight caption change to girl from "dude"..though I'm sure your mate taking the pic is awesome too :D.
 missraven1
Msg: 14 (view)

Bullying Acceptable!?
Posted: 11/18/2012 3:20:26 PM
I don't know what's wrong with his eyesight, you've got womanly curves that so many guys would love that he has to be an aberration..perhaps he's a stick and prefers somebody rail-thin. Btw my description of you isn't a euphemism for fat either, to be clear. I found myself just recently the target of ignorance, stupidity, irony and bullying all bound up. Having said that, I've never arrogantly held myself up as the epitome of perfection and I've said as much. Bullying can occur anywhere, some environments are more ripe for this shit. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...makes good sense imo. Regarding the rules, are you sure you read them right, because the complaint system as you describe it sounds really messed up.
 missraven1

HE DELETED ACCOUNT MID-ARRANGEMENT!!!
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:57:50 AM
Surprised I'm saying this but it's not as if you have to "admit" to it for fear of what others think..watch the fur fly if it was a case of marrieds though. Onto your post tho, I don't think he expected that question, inferring as it does that you had the thought to stay over; add the rest of it and you seem to be making it out to be more than what it is..when he's just looking for a hit and quit. That's if it wasn't because he's married. Not sure how deleting his account is all that different to if he had blocked you. I suspect you'd still end up feeling the same.
 missraven1
Msg: 24 (view)

Pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:47:24 PM
Just to add, you call me contradictory, however in an earlier post you said the harsher the criticism the better. Not that my general discussion about the looks-based aspect was intended as a criticism toward you. But presumably you were after honest opinions. If that isn't really the case, I suggest that you do not misrepresent yourself to make it seem as if you are because then it is you who is being contradictory.
 missraven1
Msg: 23 (view)

Pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:16:24 PM
A picture is completely optional, whether one is using this site to actively date or not. It is totally irrelevant in the forums, unless I'm asking for a profile review and opinions are given regarding posting a pic. Still even then, it is an individual choice. So why ask, unless someone has a not so nice motive for doing so. Seriously, what does it have to do with what I posted. Why not ask why someone who only uses the forums for instance have a need to post a pic. Perhaps you didn't like something I said. Better one speaks honestly than not, right.
 missraven1
Msg: 34 (view)

'One' Dilemma
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:11:50 PM
My opinion? Don't be so self-absorbed. Go with the flow (if you're gonna obsess over something, at least have it be over something meaningful).
 missraven1
Msg: 14 (view)

Pictures
Posted: 11/16/2012 1:08:41 AM

If you are about looks than you shouldn't be on this site, or any dating site for that matter.

Well that's everybody gone then lol. I agree with the comment that this isn't a case of looks but one of difference so there's not much point imo to discuss the looks aspect other than just in a general sense. Expecting near everyone to completely forgo looks is just unrealistic. A friend once set me up on a blind date with somebody whom I just knew in my mind that she would not be interested in herself (he also walked with a limp). I viewed her differently after this. That may sound bad, but we are what we are. To answer the question, it's been a while, but mmm, I can be flexible if I feel the attraction is borderline, or less, but not by alot (thus it would seem to be rather pointless reading the profile if you can't see yourself with them). People tend to seek others similar to themselves in attractiveness levels...apparently in the online world, women go way beyond this. We don't know what you'd look like without this condition. If you weren't born with it, you'd be in the same sitch as everyone else.
 missraven1
Msg: 10 (view)

brest milk
Posted: 11/15/2012 6:50:13 PM
Lol. You'd be handy if she has to deal with engorgement issues. Sounds like a fetish. Apparently women who've never had kids can induce lactation with certain drugs, but with a lot of hard work. Alternating between nursing your bub at your bosom to a man getting a sexual thrill out of it..too weird.. doing it for the laugh factor is about as much as I'd go for. Breastfeeding actually promotes milk production, so long as the mother drinks enough/more water. The idea of using breastmilk for human consumption is already out there btw....vvv

Ice-cream made with breast milk has proved a big hit in a London restaurant, with the first batch sold out within days of going on sale, its makers have said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-02-26/london-cooing-over-breast-milk-ice-cream/1958378
 missraven1
Msg: 19 (view)

Stoking the Fire...
Posted: 11/15/2012 5:28:31 PM
^^^ Yep because she's talked about him, and mentioned his name. I don't know what the guy looked like, nor do I know their genetic background, and I believe chance comes into it...so I shouldn't assume.
 missraven1

would you freak out if you found out .........?
Posted: 11/15/2012 5:13:24 PM
I'm just wondering how you know this stuff and can be so firm in your belief about "her" yet he is seemingly unawares. Do you know your friend that well? Maybe he's into transgenders. The problem arises if there's deception. Apart from that, who somebody wants to date is really their business. Personally it isn't for me.
 missraven1
Msg: 15 (view)

Stoking the Fire...
Posted: 11/15/2012 4:33:42 PM

and the only way to do that,,is to be turned on,,,to be attracted,,,to have something you can focus on and think about while performing the act........no boner,,,no sex

so,,,,,you do indeed need to be attracted if you have any chance of even having sex,,,it's not like you can get away with just laying back and pretending you are having a good time whether you are attracted or not,,not that a woman has ever done that,,,i'm just saying,,it is not even an option for a man

erection MUST occur for sex to occur and without the benefit of "whiskeydick"(that's the one when you are so drunk your****get as hard as a rock for hours on end and yet you cannot cum to save your life!) you have to have attraction......

What does it matter when lying next to a woman's body with the lights out. And perhaps count in horny like the other poster said. I'm no oil painting but a caucasian woman I once worked with, upon first seeing her, I had the kind of reaction I guess you have on seeing Jocelyn Wildenstein for the first time. She later ended up getting pregnant by a guy (appeared to be from a casual thing) and had a mixed race baby..whose cute btw...I did wonder what motivated him. Not nice but that's being human for ya.
 missraven1
Msg: 560 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 11/14/2012 5:27:53 PM

quello - why did God create atheists?

He didn't. He created free will.
 missraven1
Msg: 264 (view)

Penis Pride
Posted: 11/14/2012 3:16:15 PM
Who's screaming? Lets see, if a chick finds that men are regularly rejecting her, specifically because her small boobs do nothing for them sexually, I can understand the men's outbursts and why there's the protestations of pride in their willys. Then what do you do.. turn to taking out your ongoing frustrations on an actual punching bag, or, find a solution. Such as women who place more importance on the man than they do on sex, or women to whom sex isn't of great significance...what about what you can do, be creative with your bedroom activities. Not least of all, take a good look at what else about you needs to change. I can't see that hyper-criticism is going to get anyone anywhere other than make you look like a.....I'm sure I need go no further there.
 missraven1
Msg: 253 (view)

Penis Pride
Posted: 11/13/2012 6:58:10 PM
^^^ Must be because the dildo designers and manufacturers are male and think big is where it's at. I hear most women are satisfied with average. Regarding implants, I would say nooooo to mammoth mammaries. Proportion on the other hand is desirable. Botox doesn't interest me.
 missraven1

Why do women post this on their profile page?
Posted: 11/13/2012 6:14:27 PM
Looks to me like you're trying to twist the dating game for your own benefit. Another OP thought that girls who aren't exclusive ought to only be dating exclusively regardless (because it suited him better). Not being mean but it's an inane question (and you've got a Master degree? - c'mon I had to throw that in there). Deliberately obtuse yeah?(love the words you learn from here).

en·coun·ter (n-kountr)
n.
1. A meeting, especially one that is unplanned, unexpected, or brief: a chance encounter in the park.
 missraven1
Msg: 251 (view)

Penis Pride
Posted: 11/13/2012 5:36:18 PM
^^^ Then you shoulda said you have a small penis and you're proud of it, to make the point.
 missraven1
Msg: 61 (view)

He reached across the table and put his finger in my mouth.....
Posted: 11/13/2012 4:37:34 PM
Hm..Saudi huh..your mouth must've been like forbidden fruit. Maybe you should have told him that in the West, men get kneed in between the legs for something like that.

In Arabic cultue, the bare left hand, not toilet paper, is traditionally used to splash water on & clean the rear end after doing #2

Yuck, don't know which is worse...that, or not knowing where his fingers been. I don't care what culture it is, that sounds gross in anyone's language.
 missraven1
Msg: 16 (view)

What is WRONG with me?
Posted: 11/13/2012 2:00:46 PM

I also tend to attract/go for aggresive guys, guys that use drugs regularly and guys who move around a lot.

At some point, a girl just has to shake her head and think no wonder guys think girls are screwy.
 missraven1

mens bulges
Posted: 11/12/2012 7:50:04 PM
I don't generally peek to see what a man packs down there (if wearing tight jeans or something). Nor do I think trousers for men are made with that in mind (perhaps I need to get out more). Speaking of tight pants, I saw a recent Beauty and the Geek episode, where the geeks are lined up ready to get a massive wedgie by having a CHAIN pulled on them if their beauty answers a question incorrectly. Didn't seem like it was faked, looked very painful actually, which makes it unbelievably cruel. Mentioned it as I was shocked it was allowed.
 missraven1

Cellulite
Posted: 11/10/2012 4:09:38 PM
You're making too big a deal over it imo. Doesn't sound like you have mounds of the stuff..and it seems you're in good overall shape. I have it on my thighs (and on my bum nowadays too) but I still wore my swimmers without much care. It's only when I stacked on some weight I became conscious of covering up. Not wanting to see my flabby-bellied reflection or the sight of my bikini bottoms disappearing into my flesh..so we figure others don't either. But really, people mostly don't care. Had an ex who once made fun of an obese guy on the street. He was a bit of a joker but I thought that was kinda cruel..it was hot out and I thought it must be tough for him with the extra weight. He never made fun of my physical shortcomings though...anyway if you're with the right guy, he won't care, he'll be complimenting you on what he likes.
 missraven1

This is pretty tough. What can I do better, what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 11/9/2012 2:43:06 PM
@msg 10.. So your version of shallow, to use "young guys.. nice juicy pretty boys, cute and boyish looks who r eager, keen, smooth and fresh Nice hair a MUST!!" to fulfil your base desires, is far superior. Spin it however you like lady.
 missraven1
Msg: 502 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 11/9/2012 5:33:32 AM
@ msg 511.. Far be it from me to try to be a goody two-shoes, but I doubt the mods would agree with you.
 missraven1
Msg: 7 (view)

This is pretty tough. What can I do better, what am I doing wrong?
Posted: 11/9/2012 3:52:57 AM
^ ^ ^ Eh, from someone with a profile that seeks shallow NSA together with a set of criteria befitting that (that's the pot shrieking at the kettle that it's black - pun). Just speaking generally, suggestions to improve appearance don't hurt. OP, you're in the same boat as most other men.
 missraven1
Msg: 152 (view)

Tipping, why and how much
Posted: 11/9/2012 12:01:58 AM
@above posts.. omg that article cracked me up - that bit where she's calling her crazy.. where have I seen that before..all too familiar.. lol

(ps: before I get misunderstood, this post isn't meant to detract from the seriousness of bullying - it is reprehrensible, it was the familiarity of the article that hit the funny bone).
 missraven1
Msg: 499 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 11/8/2012 6:06:47 PM
There's no justification for a personal attack xane, whether you want to admit to it or not.
 missraven1
Msg: 495 (view)

Creationism in schools
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:51 PM
@ msg 503 ... hang on mister taking potshots at pictureless profiles and personal interests. He is entitled to his opinion like anybody else regardless of how asinine you think it is. One could say you being 25 explains your petulance. He made his feelings known on the topic, I didn't see stones being thrown at other posters.
 missraven1
Msg: 22 (view)

That awkward moment.....
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:40:00 PM
You built someone up, and to unrealistic expections
Your desperation pushed you to try too hard to impress
Your consuming self-pity forgets another person was involved
You're playing the victim for all it's worth, simply because she wasn't into you
It's the most overblown reaction I think I've seen, way out of proportion to the circumstances

i get knocked down but i get up again.

That's the way, get Chumbawamba playing..

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down
 missraven1
Msg: 141 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2012 4:02:32 AM
Unfortunately, the tip will have to be left for another day, another place... night ladies and gents.
 missraven1
Msg: 140 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2012 2:53:43 AM
I know I've always been the type that haaates being told what to do. I doubt others like it very much either. Where's Gordon Ramsay when you need him. A service shutdown is imminent.. haha.

Show ALL Forums