Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Getting blocked without a reason???
 ITWYLD
Msg: 17 (view)

Getting blocked without a reason???
Posted: 12/10/2012 2:16:52 AM
Your search is for an 'INTIMATE ENCOUNTER'........that in itself will send MOST girls running for the hills.....

;)

ADULT Dating 101:

-Does he have his own place to have romantic stuff going on??? (ie: NOT his car?!?!?!?!?!?)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 51 (view)

About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/10/2012 1:55:25 AM
^^^^^^^^

I don't get that Farmer........you're hot as *uck to me. ;)

*sigh*

As been said before....it's all in the eye of the beholder!
 ITWYLD
Msg: 4 (view)

When will short guys learn?
Posted: 12/8/2012 9:47:04 AM
Hmmmm......maybe it's because you want to Date, but nothing serious.

Many girls will stay away from profiles like that. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 22 (view)

Is it too late to be a father at 45 ?
Posted: 12/7/2012 1:07:15 PM

Dunno if its a transatlantic thing, but I would say you are very forthright in your opinion, in the UK I guess most are a little more circumspect in what they say.

Must be the frigid Canadian climate making all the girls overly outspoken. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 19 (view)

Is it too late to be a father at 45 ?
Posted: 12/7/2012 11:50:20 AM
When will men take off the blinders and realize what has happened over the past 50 years?

Young women who want children are going out and procreating when and with whom they wish.

Long gone are the days when the young lass was sitting around the farm, hoping and waiting for her knight in shining armour to take her away and make her his wife.

Physically, you can still make offspring OP, but mentally, you are off your rocker if you seriously believe you have the chutzpah to rope in a young breeding filly.

GAWD, I hope there will be hundreds of older men reading this and getting a dose of REALITY!!!
 ITWYLD
Msg: 6 (view)

Too serious, too soon?
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:39:26 AM
LASTLY wait 4 days to call and arrange a date.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For any MAN who cares......

If you do this, you will automatically lose.

HOT girls (MOST GIRLS) won't wait that long for a call. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 5 (view)

Too serious, too soon?
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:54:45 PM
Sorry OP......she was bored and wanted a fun night out......then the kiss came and your height got in the way. :(

Reality bites
 ITWYLD
Msg: 10 (view)

What do you do if a woman gets scared
Posted: 11/29/2012 10:51:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Prime example why 50 Shades is a bestseller! ;)
 ITWYLD

I'm divorced. Is this a deal breaker for late 20's early 30's ladies?
Posted: 11/26/2012 12:21:24 PM
It never fails to amaze me when a profile sounds like a pizza delivery order.....

Anywhooo........my daughter is in her mid twenties OP.......and trust me when I tell you, girls in her age range think it's yucky to have old guys (men over 30), coming onto them or trying to date them.

When will men understand the societal shift? Women who want children are making it happen at any age, and sometimes without the help of a man in her life. We don't NEED to wait around the farm anymore, in hopes that the cute fellow from 2 miles away will come see us today. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 1 (view)

Gonchies to bed?
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:49:39 AM
So everythings been good, over 6 months now with every night sleeping together naked.

All the sudden he is wearing his gonchies (underwear) to bed.......has something changed?

It totally feels like we are going backwards here, but I can't be sure.

What would it mean if you all the sudden started wearing your undies to bed?
 ITWYLD
Msg: 18 (view)

Is Love Dead ?
Posted: 11/15/2012 8:03:57 PM
Shave your face and lose 76 pounds......

Or are you one of the 'good guys' looking for a hot slim blond bombshell???????

*BARF*
 ITWYLD
Msg: 3 (view)

What do men think of a man like this
Posted: 10/26/2012 12:04:24 PM
Relationships are based on the actions/reactions from each person......

You accepted his faults in the past, so he had no reason to change.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 2 (view)

Feedback for a newbie please
Posted: 10/25/2012 3:01:05 PM
You have Separated as your marital status......this might scare many women away.

" I’m quite a homely person and it would be great to have someone to snuggle up with on the couch, maybe sharing a nice bottle of wine and watching a movie - sci fi optional ;)"

Delete this sentence and get new photos.

:)
 ITWYLD

Tell me anything that could be wrong with my profile. I really need advice
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:19:12 PM
Your pics are very dark......how is anyone supposed to get any idea of what you look like???

Would YOU send a message to a girl with similar photos?
 ITWYLD

Why would a man, knowing how I feel about him, ask me advice about other woman?
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:45:07 PM
Have you had sex with him? If so, and he still wants other panties....then he doesn't think of you as a potential long term candidate.

He will keep playing with you as long as you let him.
 ITWYLD

Why would a man, knowing how I feel about him, ask me advice about other woman?
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:39:26 PM
He thinks of you as a buddy......nothing more....never will be anything more......

Move on.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 13 (view)

Major fight........is it over for him?
Posted: 9/19/2012 2:35:37 PM

If he wanted to be with you, he would have long ago, not kept his place on the side.

I doubt any sane person would up and sell their house in this current market, unless there was a necessity to do so. ;)

Our houses are only 2 blocks apart, so it was never an issue.....
 ITWYLD

Posted: 9/19/2012 1:53:50 PM

did you tell him the relationship was over? or did you mean you just wanted him to go home for the night?

He didn't give me a chance to expand on it, and I definitely regretted the words as soon as they were spoken. :(
 ITWYLD

Posted: 9/19/2012 1:02:49 PM
We have been together since May, friends for 3 years prior. He essentially moved in with me right away when we got together, although he still has his place and goes there before and after work.

Last night I was upset about his (ongoing) bad attitude towards my cooking, and out of frustration, I told him it was time for him to go. He packed up his clothes and some belongings that have migrated to my house, and left. I tried to talk with him, but he wanted nothing to do with me at the time.

He ignored my call today (just one call, no texts or emails).

Is this his way of making a quick escape? If he really wanted to fix things, would he take the initiative and talk with me?
 ITWYLD
Msg: 21 (view)

Best way to ask Women for one night stand?
Posted: 5/24/2012 3:11:50 PM
WOW!

I would LOVE to copy and paste this string to every Separated man who contacts me.

Why do you guys believe the grass is soooooooo much greener when your marriage ends?

Do you seriously believe your sex life will vastly improve???????

LMFAO
 ITWYLD

What does it take????
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:31:34 PM
For a submissive man to suddenly take charge and become a Dominant Man in the bedroom?

How would I make this happen????

Anyone else find this problem....or the opposite???? Do some Dominant Men attract Dominant females, wishing the girl was more submissive????
 ITWYLD

Getting dissed while messaging
Posted: 5/22/2012 12:34:02 PM
Sounds like a typical player looking for a quick hookup......you didn't catch on, so he poofed.
 ITWYLD

Is it to fast???
Posted: 5/21/2012 10:21:57 PM
What does
stating your feeling for the woman occasionally
mean?

How do you profess your feelings?

Typically this is merely lust, after such a short time.

Do you lust for her loins????
 ITWYLD

is this wrong
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:28:04 PM
Brain hurts from double negatives.....

So, your 'girlfriend' is on pof to read the forums? Big Deal! The entertainment value here is cheaper than the movies, and the popcorn is way better too!! ;)
 ITWYLD

What SHOULD a good profile look like?
Posted: 5/10/2012 10:02:10 PM
Get rid of the guns, get rid of the guns, get rid of the guns!

Bad mojo.......WHO are you trying to attract, Nancy Drew, or a Navy Seal????????

***Disclaimer*** I personally have no problem with a man and guns, but I am far from the norm in your area/age group.
 ITWYLD

My ego's takin a beating..lol
Posted: 5/10/2012 9:20:19 PM
OP>>>>>>>>be nice!

You must admit, Island people are a different sort......they don't see things the way city people do. I have seen the best and worst of both.

I don't think it needs to be said out loud, but sure, there are island girls who are willing to hang out with an older man, if he has something worthwhile to offer.......and I'm not talking about your herbal garden or below the belt. ;) What do you have to offer a 35 year old? Constant complaints about your arthritis acting up during the rain???? She doesn't want to deal with that........she is in her prime!

Trust me, unless you are willing to accept a woman in her 40's, then you will not have much luck, without lots of activities and extra creature comforts to offer on the side......she will need something to do while you are golfing with the buddies and snoozing on the couch during a game.

Don't pretend to think that you can keep up with a young lady in her physical prime of life.

It's past 10pm, you should be in bed! ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 7 (view)

Lot's of views! Not a lot of Messages????
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:40:18 PM
I've had 5 meets since January......only one got as far as the third date.

These things take time OP, some of us have been here for years. Positive thinking!! :)
 ITWYLD

Not attracting what I like in a mate
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:11:56 PM
OP>>>>>>

It sounds like you would be more apt to finding someone who spends a lot of time on 17th ave, or in Kensington.....do you live in those areas, or out in the burbs?

Try going to the art galleries for starters, and wander the plus 15s during lunch and after work hours, that's where you find the type of men you are looking for.

You can throw the rest my way! LOL

;)
 ITWYLD

Lot's of views! Not a lot of Messages????
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:04:20 PM
OP>>>>>>

MOST girls have their mail option settings set to 'hidden' when they view profiles. You might think you are only getting 10% of views, but I guarantee, if the girl logs in to check her mail, she looks at your profile first...before reading your message. Your views just shot up to 95%! ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 11 (view)

My ego's takin a beating..lol
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:00:10 PM
OP>>>>>

It would be unlikely for you to find a 35 year old interested in dating a man in his 50's, no matter how in shape you are.

I would suggest 39-48 would be a good range for you....

Also, Van Isl., is a very big place! Perhaps you want to narrow it down a bit, no need to go into huge detail of your area if you are not comfortable with it, but even a hint.....ie:...south, north, east, middle, etc. A single woman from Tofino might not be interested in trying to date a man from Victoria. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 19 (view)

Just sex, thats all
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:22:00 PM
Imagine how much sex happily married couples have had with each other in the past 7 years.......

Astounding how stubbornly single, and sexually unfulfilled some people choose to be.
 ITWYLD

Can i get some advice from girls that are clued in to the game? I'm looking to improve my profile.
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:31:39 PM
Someone will be along shortly to tell you where to go.....
 ITWYLD
Msg: 15 (view)

I dont get some girls on this site.. why do you do this?
Posted: 5/10/2012 3:42:34 PM

but who ever said that I don't know how to tease?? I'm actually a very good teaser. Honestly, if their was a class on the "art of tease".. I would ace that crap.. every time

OP>>>>> This is a skill that must be apparent in your opening message. There is a difference between sexual tease and sensual tease......figure out the difference, and use it to your advantage. ;)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 5/10/2012 3:33:27 PM
Learn the art of teasing........yes it is an art......no, it won't work on every girl......but truthfully.......one of the main things 'nice' guys are lacking, is the art of tease.

;)
 ITWYLD

Posted: 5/10/2012 3:21:09 PM
Ultra sweet and gooey first message = Ultra sweet nice guy = Friend Zone
 ITWYLD

Worst/Best Message?
Posted: 5/10/2012 11:07:11 AM
Any mention of light bulbs works for me! :)
 ITWYLD

how know if girl is serious, when chatting elsewhere also?
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:25:39 PM

when they email you privately saying they're tired and then you find out they are on line for two more hours after dismissing you

Not a good indicator at all OP....quite often I am too tired for a conversation with a man.....yet I can still keep my eyes open with toothpicks for reading the forums. It could be she would rather be fresh and mentally alert during your chats.
 ITWYLD

Would you ever date a guy that flips burgers?
Posted: 5/9/2012 8:13:43 PM

ive been turned down by many women because of my profession.

And, I have been turned by many men because of my life experience.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2012 7:38:31 PM
I would meet him and see if we have enough in common to date.......realistically.....it's been over 20 years since I worked in fast food, so I would doubt we would have a good starting point in our shared life experience.

Regardless, I would still meet him and give it the opportunity to grow if something was there.
 ITWYLD

Posted: 5/9/2012 7:29:21 PM
I wouldn't date the OP myself, but my reason has nothing to do with his occupation.

He has 'Hang Out' and 'Isn't seeking a relationship or any commitment'. That in itself rules him out for me, and many other 37 year old women. Most women looking at his profile, wouldn't even get to his Burger flipping occupation.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 5/9/2012 7:08:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This attitude is the main reason women stear clear of boys, who have a closed heart and a death grip on the wallet.
 ITWYLD
Msg: 20 (view)

need a better perspective on dating
Posted: 5/8/2012 12:33:13 PM
OP>>>>>>

This is your headline:

Looking for someone fun

Change this to anything without the word FUN! Guys see fun and think sex......
 ITWYLD

Only 5% of relationships work out on this site
Posted: 5/8/2012 12:11:38 PM
The larger net I cast, ie...being on as many sites as possible.....means that I 'might' have more luck finding the Man I am looking for.

POF is no different with the people here, than any other site from what I can tell......but, when used all at the same time, the odds seem to be more beneficial.
 ITWYLD

Does this mean he is not serious about a Relationship?
Posted: 5/7/2012 3:57:01 PM
I am chatting with a POF man over several days, many pages of our chat/message history. Things are going well, then we meet in person and exchange phone numbers. We start calling and texting each other, but we are only in the getting to know you stage, so we are both still active on POF.

Within 24hrs of meeting in person, and talking on the phone, I notice that the man has deleted our entire POF conversation.

This has happened to me more than several times now......

On the flip side, I have found that the men who are genuinely interested in me, will keep our POF history until such time that we both agree to remove profiles.

My question is: Is it a good indicator that a man is not serious about developing a relationship?
 ITWYLD
Msg: 37 (view)

Girl wants to take it slow - next steps?
Posted: 5/7/2012 3:43:39 PM

Women sense insecurity, women sense fear and hesitation, you must be a LEADER man take the stand and make her want you, do not be afraid of it.. its called PLOWING through!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Well said!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Men are supposed to be the dominant, more aggressive gender! Where did all these pus*y boys come from?????????
 ITWYLD
Msg: 26 (view)

Is it OK to make out on the first date??
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:33:45 PM
LOL! Neck R......

Some people consider making out to be a brief peck on the lips......other people consider making out to be a full on....windows steaming up.......clothes tearing off.....you get the idea. ;)

I am not able to comment further on this post, without having the details.
 ITWYLD

Why can't a guy accept when...
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:27:36 PM
Sorry OP>>>>>>this is the COWTOWN male attitude.......

Apparently if we don't want them the first time around, we MIGHT change our minds the second time around.

Blame the girls who do just that.

Cheers!! :)
 ITWYLD
Msg: 24 (view)

Is it OK to make out on the first date??
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:18:02 PM
Are we talking first meet, or first date?

A meet is for an hour or so.....a date is usually a few hours of interaction.

How heavy was the 'make out' session?

1st base? 2base? 3base? Home run?

I don't judge, but you are not giving enough info OP. ;)
 ITWYLD

Is it too much to want to speak on a phone???
Posted: 5/5/2012 8:56:30 PM
OP>>>>>>>>>>>

Normally, I meet in person before talking on the phone......but a 3 hour distance factor?

Why bother????

VERY, VERY, VERY slim chance this would work out in the long run. Stick to men within 1 hour drive MAX!
 ITWYLD

Bowling?
Posted: 5/5/2012 8:50:59 PM
Bowling is a great date! Awesome icebreaker.....a little competition......and you get to admire each others form. What could be better?

Stay away from the alley on weekend afternoons though, that's when all the young kids and families play. ;)

Show ALL Forums