Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dress to impress...or not?
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 70 (view)

Dress to impress...or not?
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:54:16 AM
Bin bag and shoe boxes for me.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 7 (view)

Is Dating Harder For Men or Women?
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:53:26 AM
Message 4, I would never expect a man to side with me on this lol. Got to keep suck holing the women like most men do.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 1 (view)

Is Dating Harder For Men or Women?
Posted: 2/26/2013 11:07:07 AM
Historically, in the real world women outnumbered men in the 20 - 40 brackets but this isn't the case any more, so there are slightly less women than men in their mating prime, largely because there are slightly more men that are born than women. In the past, more men died because of war and dangerous jobs like mining, which made finding a woman easier for the ones that didn't die, but that's not the case any more, so statistically it's harder to find a date for men than it is for women. So is it really true there is someone for everyone? I can see it being hard for women too, when there's more to pick from, it can be more difficult deciding who you want to spend the rest of your life with. I remember them doing an experiment a good few years ago now in a town, where one man and one woman went round the town trying to find a date and he wasn't successful and she had a few potential dates.

Another thing is its an unbalanced sex ratio that favours women on Plenty of Fish. They say that men are much more likely to be banned on here, but they will let women off, because they couldn't afford to lose the women, as less women means the tipping scales could send men elsewhere, and that would mean no advertising revenue to run the place. Women are able to be picky and choosy on here, always looking for the bigger better deal. I am definitely envious of you women lol. Having said that, in the real world, men do have a better chance than they do on here.

I know the figures show there are slightly more women than men in the UK but this is because the upper aged populations are more likely to be women than men, due to them living longer.

So to sum things up, if you had a single man and a single woman, who do you think would find a date the easiest ON here and OFF here? Maybe you think it's the same for both. Discuss and let me see your opinions :o)
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 28 (view)

Aggressive blocking - Why?
Posted: 2/26/2013 10:27:29 AM
PoF can be a dangerous place for many guys who are reliant on it for meeting people. Its great at first, then once you figure out you're mostly talking to thin air after figuring you have a 5% reply rate, it can become disheartening and your confidence takes a bashing, something that women hate, even though they expect us to tolerate their lack of confidence.

Like I have said many times on here, its an unbalanced sex ratio that favours women. Women can afford to be picky and choose on here, because blokes outnumber them, I am definitely envious of them lol. Having said that, if you met many of these women in real life, you would have a better chance.

Historically, women outnumbered men in the 20 - 40 brackets but this isn't the case anymore, so there are slightly less women than men in the mating prime, largely because there are slightly more men born than women. In the past, more men died because of war and dangerous jobs like mining, which made finding a woman easier, but that's not the case any more, so it is harder to find a date for men than it is for women. Still it's easier for men to find a date in the real world than it is on here, much easier in fact.

I know the figures show there are slightly more women than men in the UK but this is because the upper aged populations are more likely to be women than men, due to them living longer.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 3 (view)

Aggressive blocking - Why?
Posted: 2/25/2013 6:55:41 PM
The problem with dating sites is men outnumber women by 3 to 1 on average OP. Overwhelmingly its men who post topics like yours. I feel for you I do. Because there are more men than women, women can afford to be picky, but men end up being desperate as a result. A lot of the people who use the forums seem ok, so just use the forums to chat. The dating part of it is full of models, sky divers and alleged gym bunnies who weigh 20 stone. They are no loss to you, you're best off without them.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 30 (view)

Money,Money,Money....
Posted: 2/25/2013 5:00:38 PM
In the 21st century, it's still expected that a man pays for things on a date and earns a decent wage. Research has shown that it's because women like to know their men can be providers. On the other hand, I think most men would hate to date a woman who earned more than he did.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 15 (view)

Prawns
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:32:35 PM
Llamagirl101 I know how you feel, it's the same for men really, we are expected to have good jobs, be tall, dark and handsome and have a muscley body. I guess seeing all the celebrities on TV makes us want to date someone like them, but most of these celebrities are nothing special. It's the money that makes them look good. They can afford personal trainers, they get proper food cooked for them, they have make up artists etc, so they are bound to look much better than either you and I ever could. Remember Colleen Rooney? Look at her just as Wayne was becoming famous. She was chubby and frumpy. Now look at her.

I would refuse to go out with any woman that looked like a model, not that I would have that kind of chance with them anyway. I just prefer the woman on the street :o). I prefer women on the same looks levels as myself, as it balances out the relationship evenly. I have seen countless times in couples where one is ugly and the other very attractive, and it's always the attractive one who pulls the strings. They know they can walk at any time and there will always be someone else to fill the gap.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 14 (view)

Prawns
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:25:15 PM
They are pumping the iron to make up for an ugly face I guess lol. I would rather date a woman that was facially not great, but was slim, than a very attractive but overweight/not a nice body.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 30 (view)

Shops or online shopping.
Posted: 2/25/2013 4:17:37 PM
I don't know of any man who could go out shopping and just start talking to anyone without getting frowns message 27 lol, it's reality. Women could get away with it, as society paints them as less as a threat as men.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 24 (view)

Shops or online shopping.
Posted: 2/25/2013 2:00:12 PM
I buy everything off the internet, from food to other goods. I only go into the shops now if I need something that same day. Saves on petrol, queueing up, time, money. Some may say it's unsociable, but you can't exactly start talking to random people in Britain anyway, they think you're mental otherwise. Weird country is Britain.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 68 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 2/25/2013 12:44:18 PM
O collect vinyl records, a nice, novel nostalgic way to listen to music in the 21st century. It is now classed as high end audio. I have 7" singles from the 50s upto modern stuff from Adele etc.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 50 (view)

Child free by choice
Posted: 2/24/2013 4:16:05 PM
You sound almost bitter that people with no kids have freedoms message 49. I always say that when you bait a mate, you have to take responsibility, no point being jealous of other people with no kids having freedoms you can't have.

One of my mates had a girl in 2006, so she is 7 now. I don't go round much any more because he has a kid. I have seen her 3 times. I just think he won't have the time and being around kids does annoy me. Their not too bad once they get older. He messages me sometimes saying "it's alright for you, you have no kids" etc, but I didn't make him have them, in fact I remember warning him in 2005 when he was going on about having unprotected sex with his misses, telling him she will become pregnant etc, and him saying he didn't want kids. He has obviously grown attached to her now and wouldn't change anything, but still, it was a risky and silly chance to take.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 201 (view)

Have bankers ruined the economy? are we partly to blame?
Posted: 2/24/2013 1:03:57 PM
I just said this in another topic:

Gross National Happiness is more important than Gross National Product, but try telling that to our people and government,. Our government is running this country via a Ponzi scheme, there's no gold to back our currency, and we will be back in the dark ages in the next 20 years if we are not careful. People keep saying the value of gold is increasing, well I can assure you it's not. It's the Pound loosing value. This one of the reasons petrol costs so much now, aside from demand from a finite energy source.

Proof than money doesn't buy happiness:

If you look at the Happy Planet index out of 50 countries that were ranked, we came in 41st place, and that was only because we have a relatively high life expectancy. Iraq came in at 36th. Most happiest was Costa Rica in 1st place.

Immigrants:

I went to the Gambia last year. They call the Gambia the smiling coast of Africa, even though most people have got nothing. I told them they would be unhappy in Britain. They might have more money and a better standard of living here, but that's all, I can't imagine any of them being happy here, which is why many foreign people who come here with the outlook of living here permanent, leave after a few years, after they get as much money as they can saved up, and go back. It's a big reason why our economy suffers so much, more money leaves than comes in.

We need a sustainable game changing plan. What that is I don't know, but we can't keep focusing on economic growth. When it peaks it just goes bang. We need to focus on sustaining what we have got, NOT on growth. All growth does is increase populations which in turn puts more pressure on finite sources and it's a viscous circle.

Another thing is bank cards. When you don't see your money, it doesn't feel like it has as much worth as it did when we used to receive hard cash as or wages. People spend more on plastic now than ever, it's rare any of us see money unless we draw it out to go the pub with.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 42 (view)

Way of meating British citizens ?
Posted: 2/24/2013 12:17:13 PM
And postwriter, I would personally not bother going out of your way to meet any of us British. We are too reserved, selfish and materialistic. Old people fall over in the street and most people would just step over them as an example. When I went to the Gambia last year, the amount of them that wanted to come here was unreal. Still they seem so happy over there, more so than they could ever be here, and communication plays a great part in their culture, something our culture doesn't.

They call the Gambia the smiling coast of Africa, even though most people have got nothing. I told them they would be unhappy in Britain. They might have more money and a better standard of living here, but that's all, I can't imagine any of them being happy here, which is why many foreign people come here with the outlook of living here permanent, but leave after a few years, after they get as much money as they can saved up, and go back. It's a big reason why our economy suffers so much, more money leaves than comes in.

If we were a great and happy country to live in, everyone would stay, but they don't. In fact if you look at the Happy Planet index out of 50 countries that were ranked, we came in 41st place, and that was only because we have a relatively high life expectancy. Iraq came in at 36th.

Gross National Happiness is more important than Gross National Product, but try telling that to our people and government,. Our government is running this country via a Ponzi scheme, there's no gold to back our currency, and we will be back in the dark ages in the next 20 years if we are not careful. People keep saying the value of gold is increasing, well I can assure you it's not. It's the Pound loosing value. This one of the reasons petrol costs so much now, aside from demand from a finite energy source. Is Britain still great? I'll leave that for you to decide. I feel better now after that lol.

Interesting:
http://www.moneyweek.com/investments/currencies/fiat-money-inflation-gbp-pound-sterling-10405
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 38 (view)

Way of meating British citizens ?
Posted: 2/24/2013 11:48:51 AM
The postwriter was asking about something, but most of the people here are more concerned with if she broke the repressive rules. No wonder so many people are single. I will just say I am not perfect though, but come on, be nice.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 46 (view)

The Undateables C4 Tuesday 3rd April 9.00
Posted: 2/24/2013 11:46:04 AM
The thing that channels are bothered about that show adverts, is the adverts themselves. We watch TV to see the programs, and the adverts are the breaks, but TV companies see it as the other way around. Adverts are their real reason for existing.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 44 (view)

The Undateables C4 Tuesday 3rd April 9.00
Posted: 2/23/2013 6:37:45 PM
I really like watching this, it's nice to see so called undateable people find love, but I can't help feeling that these people are exploited a little. A few of the people who starred in the show were saying they hadn't dated in 3 years as though it was shocking. I haven't had a date since 2006, so do I need to go on the un-undateables show? lol. By the way there is nothing wrong with me physically or mentally, I just don't seem to attract women, I never have, or at least ones I fancied too. I feel for these people.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 46 (view)

can't sleep ,help!!
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:32:49 PM
A lot of the time we can't sleep because of distractions like phones and TV etc. Get rid of the lot and you will be so bored you will sleep lol
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 62 (view)

Question - ever RE-met someone on here?
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:31:34 PM
Never lol. I met one woman off here in 2009 but she was a bit odd.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 53 (view)

Just how acidental was the valentines shooting?
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:30:06 PM
I think he found out she was interested in someone else and shot her out of jealousy. She was a very pretty woman, and he probably felt he could never find a catch like her again, especially with a disability like his.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 62 (view)

The Pope Resigns - 11 Feb '13
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:24:31 PM
Religion - the second biggest global problem after oil.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 124 (view)

dating deal breakers
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:20:05 PM
It's tickling me some of the blokes trying to look masculine with killing animals for food lol. I couldn't do it it I admit that, that's why there are slaughter houses. Most of us choose to ignore what goes on and think of meat as just something you eat rather than something that once lived. I don't blame them, it's horrible stuff.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 65 (view)

Is music important?
Posted: 2/23/2013 4:16:58 PM
I love music, I collect vinyl records.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 16 (view)

Ethnicity Data
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:10:22 PM
Yes they should carry on collecting data regarding ethnicity as it allows the government to allocate resources more effectively.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 23 (view)

What happened to taking your time xx
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:07:41 PM
I think women are just as bad, but go about things in different ways so they don't get called slags.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 36 (view)

Child free by choice
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:27:57 PM
I don't think you're selfish at all. We live in times when the world is overpopulated, there's not enough resources to go around and our governments seem hell bent on maintaining western standards of living through pyramid schemes that will go bang one day soon, you haven't seen nothing yet. So no you're not selfish, you're doing the world a favour by not having kids. I am in the same mind.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 99 (view)

tattoos a turn on ? or turn off ?
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:33:10 AM
I haven't got any. I think people get them to be fashionable. A lot have people have big ones that cover all of their bodies. Just wait til the times change and no one wants tattoos anymore. There will be a lot of miserable people lol.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 123 (view)

I don't understand the 'too nice' line....
Posted: 1/13/2013 1:57:55 AM
It's just a nice way of saying "thanks, but no thanks"
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 220 (view)

how do you know if someone is out of your league
Posted: 12/31/2012 11:49:14 AM
Angelina Jolie wouldn't date the elephant man would she? Come on people, that's the basics of what the post writer was asking. You rarely see one ugly and one good looking person in a relationship. If you do, the good looking one normally has the ugly one wrapped round their finger because they can easily find another partner. We instinctively look for people who are similar to ourselves. I am just average, so seek the same etc.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 140 (view)

Internet v Real World Dating
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:48:18 AM
That seems more like it lol.

You might like to read this: http://pofsucks1.wordpress.com/2008/01/01/my-own-plenty-of-fish-experience/

I know women in general will say it's just a load of disgruntled men, but think about it. I have yet to hear of women complaining at all about being ignored. There must be something in it.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 51 (view)

Do 4 out of 10 women prefer shopping to sex?
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:45:16 AM
No wonder the UK has the second largest amount of consumer debt in the world lol. Us men need to get some good advice sex books haha. Maybe then our economy will recover lol.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 138 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2012 8:29:23 AM
Lmao Tim.Buktu I wish. There are 316 women in a 5 miles radius of me and 600+ men.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 114 (view)

Timewasters
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:26:05 AM
I would never give anyone a second chance on here, life is to short to waste :o). If you are talking to a woman and all seems to be going well on here then suddenly she stops messaging you, just leave it. That's what I do. If they were interested in you they would get back to you. They can't forget to be interested in someone.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 83 (view)

Are You Confident?
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:23:42 AM
I feel more confident one some days that others lol. Depends on how good a night sleep I had :o). I will say though that a man with no confidence is unattractive to women apparently, but yet not the other way around. Figure that one out lol.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 20 (view)

Seven Day NHS?
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:17:44 AM
I think we should have a 7 day NHS service. If it costs more and we all want it, which I am assuming we do, then we have to pay for the privilege, simple as that. Nothing is free, not even the NHS, even though it's always said it's free at point of use, you're still paying for it, but then I don't mind because the only thing that should be free is the air we breathe. Nobody owns it.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 56 (view)

Iran
Posted: 12/30/2012 8:08:54 AM
The real threat to the world is America. The next possible threat to the world will be China. The most powerful countries like to force their influence on others. The showdown will come when China invade Taiwan. They will do it when they think they could defeat America, as America has a pact with Taiwan to defend it if China invades. That is when the balance of power will change. America is worried, and I don't care. They have caused most of the problems in the world, so has oil and religion. I guess we instinctively have ways of population control by blowing each other up, but wouldn't it be nice if we could practice protective sex instead and control the population that way and make the world last longer at the same time? :o)
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 306 (view)

What puts you off messaging someone?
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:58:34 AM
Lusipher you would never agree with anything another man said because that wouldn't make you look good in front of the ladies would it? I never said that a woman flaunting her flesh shows she is up for it. I said MEN interpret she is up for it. Have ahappy new year anyway.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 22 (view)

What do you look for in a profile picture?
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:55:11 AM
The legs lol. My favourite part of a woman :o)
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 302 (view)

What puts you off messaging someone?
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:40:22 AM
The one thing women don't seem to understand, is that when they show lots of flesh in photos, the brain in mens trousers are telling men she is advertising her body as a object of pleasure. Why else would she be showing her body off in this way they think? Because her house had just been robbed and someone pinched her clothes? Maybe not. hmmmm
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 132 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2012 7:34:50 AM
Real world dating, 49% men/51% women. Online dating 70% men/30% women. Which would you choose?
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 54 (view)

Replies... Am I Going Wrong?
Posted: 12/30/2012 7:30:16 AM
Another thing too, a lot will disagree with me but I am going to start doing it more often, is when a woman asks how long you have been on here and how many people you met, just say you been here for a fortnight and you have never met anyone off here. If you say you have been on for more than a few months they won't bother replying as they think there is something wrong with you. It's a little white lie that won't do you or them any harm, and gives you a fairer chance with that massive competition between men on here and the fewer women. Women trust other women's judgements that you may be undesirable if you're still here after a while. That's how women work. Ever noticed when you find a girlfriend, more women are interested in you than when you were single? With the advantage women have on here, being there are more men than women, they will bin you if you have as much as an eye brow hair out of place. Sounds far fetched but it's true lol.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 9:58:42 AM
I just did it with women ages 30 to 32 within 5 miles of me, baring in mind I live right by liverpool. Women who want a long term relationship = 316. Doing it with woman looking for man = 600+. So there's at least twice as many men than women where I am
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 20 (view)

Universal Credits !!
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:21:04 AM
MaK4072 only some people get their rent as benefit to pay themselves, such as those with private landlords. Soon everyone, social and council, will have to pay their rent as well themselves. I am not ignorant, I have first hand experience of things you never know existed while cocooned inside your nice warm house with a comfortable bed and all the other accoutrements you're used to.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 53 (view)

Replies... Am I Going Wrong?
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:11:43 AM
Ok let me help you out here.

On this site there are 3 men to every woman. Women can afford to be picky, men can't. No matter what you say to who, they will rarely reply. If you get more than a 5% reply rate you're doing well. The women who snub you might not do so in real life, so try and look at it that way to keep your confidence up. Even better idea is to ditch this site and find a singles club somewhere. I have heard of so many previously confident men who weren't exactly ugly, completely lacking any confidence after using this site for a number of months, because hardly any women replied to them. They got stuck in that vicious circle of just messaging anyone for a reply, just so they could reassure themselves. Not a good thing at all.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2012 9:05:52 AM
That seems to be the case. Agreed above post lol.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 40 (view)

Modelling
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:03:58 AM
Yeah I am sick of reading the same things. I would love to know why people think modelling is desirable. It's seedy and hard work, and poorly paid. Anyone that says they go sky diving, modelling and the gym every day, avoid them like the plague, you WILL be disappointed lol. That's the cliché.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 112 (view)

Timewasters
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:00:17 AM
They lie because they feel guilty they would upset you if they told you they had changed their mind. She probably found someone else on here, the sex ratio favours women.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 15 (view)

Universal Credits !!
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:58:46 AM
If they are getting one large payment to pay their rent with and council tax etc, there will be a lot of homeless drug and alcohol addicts for sure.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 38 (view)

Modelling
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:57:02 AM
50% of women here are models apparently.
 Kieran_1981
Msg: 79 (view)

Does someone having kids put you off
Posted: 12/29/2012 8:55:58 AM
If they have loads of kids to different dads then yes. If they only have one or two kids then I see no major problem, the thing is as we get older we don't get as much choice because they chances of coming across someone with no kids reduces. Compromises are needed lol

Show ALL Forums