Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mods, Rockers or Punks...
 Tuskadero
Msg: 90 (view)

Mods, Rockers or Punks...
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:26:23 PM
I was really amused by the headgear Wiggo wore on his cycling extravaganza, with what I thought was an RAF badge on his helmet..it wasn't it was a mod emblem, and really funny to see him in a mod suit with Paul Weller at the celebration party! good for individualism. Dont think the media quite had it on the "rool up" tho...There was a mod rally here a few weeks back, I went for the bands, and a great stately house setting, great vibe, 2 tone music, no aggro, biker events could learn a lot from that gig. There are some cool scooters here too, with 2 tone paint jobs. Saying that, I'm totally into bikes and the engineering, have 5 bikes all road bikes, not customs, I like pure engineering, not schoolboy wet dreams made real by err...Harley...whatsits name,,,the tractor factory..no brakes...no power...no handling...LOL : ))
Music... Captain Beefheart, Doctor Feelgood, Doobie brothers...Soft machine...The Who,Little feat, Blues band, Sonny Terry and Brownie Mc Ghee, , Ry Cooder. in my youth,But still learning...
So: )) I would take a crack at Motorcycling hippie with a Tuned 500 BSA Cafe-racer,and a need for speed and loud music
Nowadays I think I prefer the Mod rallies, only been to one, but far and away from aggro like "storming the castle" at Durham : ( Spoiled by drunken "men" fighting. But no need for a scooter yet...: ))
 Tuskadero
Msg: 97 (view)

Bad spelling
Posted: 8/19/2012 5:19:29 PM
Bad spelling shows a lack of care for life, like a gentleman not knowing which pipe is appropriate for after dinner use,or a woman not knowing how to use a fan properly.
 tuskadero
Msg: 75 (view)

Bad spelling
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:35:08 AM
On enrolling at my local college to do a Teaching qualification, I noticed, on my photo id card, my course was written as "7407 Techers Certificate"
I wore it with pride : ))
 Tuskadero
Msg: 16 (view)

would you date a person who dd not get Shakespeare?
Posted: 7/1/2012 10:27:19 AM
I don't "get" football.I don't "get" Shakespeares funnies, but I do "get" Finnegan's wake (Who?)
I don't think a relationship is made or broken by knowledge of Shakespeare, but football would be a deal breaker for me.A bunch of overpaid moronic rapists running round being shouted at by a bunch of foul-mouthed drunken yobs...pass the Shakespeare......: )
 Tuskadero
Msg: 7 (view)

Naked pretty young girl
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:11:28 PM
And that is funny? She could have a 20 note hidden, that would be fanny.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 2 (view)

Prick
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:08:38 PM
What do you get if your donkey eats my chicken's feet?.......Two feet of my C0ck in your Ass
 Tuskadero
Msg: 4 (view)

Top 10 Indicators Your Profile Sux
Posted: 4/20/2012 5:04:17 PM
The night nurse is reading over your shoulder
Your mother IS your girlfriend but you're cheating on her
You have a petting zoo as a Facebook friend
You cut your own fringe for your profile pic
"Prefer not to say" IS your profile
You used someone else's photo, now you are stalking them
Your personality profile has been reported to the police
Your needs profile has been given to an armed response unit
You have to go as your father wants you in bed Now, or slipper...
Your matches can only reply between 3.30 and 4.00 during exercise time
 Tuskadero
Msg: 19 (view)

OK, I finally found out what prefer not to say means...
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:55:56 PM
I reckon she is pretty lonely, and maybe got dumped by a complete arse, and looking for a father for the child, but its a bit scary not saying.....
 Tuskadero
Msg: 26 (view)

Lillies
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:45:37 PM
They give me a headache, only other thing that does it is too much chocolate and peach shake n vac.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 9 (view)

Should uk take threats seriously ?
Posted: 4/20/2012 2:30:10 PM
Mi6 could frame him for hacking into US computers.....: )
 Tuskadero
Msg: 68 (view)

Platonic relationships...can they work?
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:27:08 PM
Bollocks, you can have males and females as friends, just as male and male, does that mean you must fancy your auntie Edna because she's female.The only people who cannot understand platonic..OK friendship, are serial letchers and cheats.
I have many female friends, in fact both my best mates are female.
Known them for 30 yrs thru thick and thin.Never tried to shag either of them.Shagged their mates though.
Its a bit like Having a relationship with someone you work closely with, great at the time, but if it goes wrong it isnt worth it.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 24 (view)

Most Attracted To You
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:20:34 PM
My list has people 100 miles away....maybe because I dont watch much tv, or something, certainly the list is bollocks.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 20 (view)

Memory loss through drink
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:15:00 PM
There was a girl who tried to give me a BJ , drunk at New Year, in my Aunties house, while everyone else was sober, she had a good hangover next day,probably still cant remember.She was quite stong willed... :P

Age 25, I woke up on a roadside in the highlands after drinking whisky with some old guys, just remember buying drinks then waking up, thinking maybe I was drugged with sheep drops or something, but I still had my wallet and my arse was intact...
 Tuskadero
Msg: 40 (view)

Furthest you have travelled for a date
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:05:15 PM
If I dont travel at least 60 mls I won't get a date! : /
Could meet halfway, in a bog.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 36 (view)

fleas
Posted: 4/15/2012 2:02:55 PM
An itch turns into an international scare, where are the conspiracy theorists, we need one here now!
LOL
IMHO its maybe a sensitive reaction to cats, does this happen with other cats?or just the minders.

I wonder what the CM would say if she saw all this?

: &
 Tuskadero
Msg: 122 (view)

funny one liners thread
Posted: 4/15/2012 7:40:33 AM
Q: What would you get if your donkey ate my chicken's feet? A: Two feet of my c0ck in your ass.
 tuskadero
Msg: 233 (view)

Vegetarians, Vegans and Meat Eaters
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:15:38 PM
I'm a "mostly" and quite unambiguously unguilty. but pick what animals I eat.and follow a healthy diet and exercise, hillwalking, kayaking, wild swimming,

I know loads of people in the village here who's "traditional" diet is cooked in burnt fat and consists of cheap meat and potatoes. they think anything else is "mucked about with" and I need a good feed up with "real food"
IE I'm not 20 st of lard.lots are on loads of medication, heart attacks, diabetes, dont do exercise...
When I moved here,a year ago, to a small pretty village, I was called,"son", by a few people in the pub, after a year, there was a birthday party, everyone was celebrating, and some pulling the piss as "I was the youngest one there", when they asked me my birthday, it went a bit quiet when it turned out I was 6 yrs older than anyone there.....
 tuskadero
Msg: 15 (view)

Will POF float on the stock exchange?
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:57:38 PM
I joined a few sites, and I got "messages" from users all at the same time. Ie I joined Borders dating through Scottish Borders radio, but I get "messages" from people in Devon.Yes there are lots of those dating sites.

The point I'm making is POF has invested in a client base with a specific unique idea, it will be free, its niche...now its not so free.
As POF has a quite large membership, why not build on its uniqueness, with more features, for free to compete with the paying sites.Ads like utube, showing for 5 secs, not so intrusive, or disenfranchising of your clients.
I'm surprised the site has taken this step, its quite exraordinarily alienating, weak in strategy and has no depth or breadth of understanding of the appeal to users.

Too many white lines in the marketing meetings?

Markus parkus, you are at a spartacus moment, step up to the line to be punished...: ))
 tuskadero
Msg: 15 (view)

Rip off Britain
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:45:38 PM
My mate bought a Nissan Primera, fully loaded, for 1/3 the UK price. Went to Cyprus on holiday, bought car from a mate who has a garage there, shipped car back to UK.
The car was made in Sunderland........
Its called "consumer related pricing" its what the market will stand..IE what is the most we will pay in UK.
 tuskadero
Msg: 231 (view)

Vegetarians, Vegans and Meat Eaters
Posted: 3/13/2012 6:33:45 PM
Its all to do with inbred attitudes, how you're brought up, diet, religion, anything experienced from a young age, its programming, people just cant help their attitudes., some are completely immune to shrugging off programming and taking control of themselves, always will be those, and it is almost a tribal thing, because it is tribal, and basic, thats why meat/veg arguments are never resolved, its inbred percieved attitudes versus choice.
A lot of people who have broken away from meat eating are rebellious, most meat eaters are conformists, by the nature of society,its not just about what you eat, its about why you eat what you do, bombarded with advertising, peer pressure, tribalism, Thank goodness for schools with school uniforms, conforming yes, but to stop out of control consumerism, £80 trainers etc.......................Adidas and Mc donalds..anyone?
MMM ONLY THE BEST HYDRAULICALLY RECOVERED MYSTERY MEAT FOR MY KIDS...YUMMY....
 Tuskadero
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 3/13/2012 5:27:59 PM
Because POF has an already established client base, and if they accept extra charges for services it already provides, it proves they are "malleable" and productive.

So website businesses are not profit making? Or not controllable enough? Most of Dragons den programmes shown on Dave are 10 yrs out of date.
As you are a business man, I would be grateful for your thoughts, though.
Best
T
 Tuskadero
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 3/13/2012 5:21:07 PM
Are you floating? Can you sell me some shares, they're worth more than POF it seems : ))

Tuskadero
Msg: 1 (view)

What is the longest you have waited for a date?
Posted: 3/13/2012 5:10:42 PM
OK, so not the best thread to wheedle a response to, but how long?
far apart, working hours,shyness?
I am asking because some dates take ages to arrange then when you meet its obvious theres no compatibility, usually because their profile isnt accurate.
Spurred by the news that* Di+k Van Dyke has married , at 86 to a 40yo, so there's time yet.
I always thought he was a dirty sort.
Glad he got Surge of DEEP satisfaction at his age : ) xxxx

Hope this cheers up those waiting for love xxx never give up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deBLgzLc0bk
 Tuskadero
Msg: 106 (view)

Why is it so hard for a woman over 40 to get a date
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:45:55 PM
The dirty old chimney sweep.LOL
My kids really like Mary Poppins and this remix.Dick's accent was hilarious at the time, but now just part of the fun .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deBLgzLc0bk

86! theres hope yet! judging by how long it takes to get a serious relationship on here, I'll be that age too! : )) A SURGE OF DEEP SATISFACTION.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 8 (view)

Arrested For Facebook Comments
Posted: 3/13/2012 4:26:58 PM
I have it on good authority the USA is doing its best to make amends
h**p://w*w*w.thedailymash.co.uk/news/war/predator-drone-visiting-afghan-families-on-condolence-mission-201203135003/

Sad that UK soldiers may die as the result of Us indifference to civilians.or"towel heads" in durka-durkastan. : (
 Tuskadero
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 3/13/2012 4:13:27 PM
And Facebo=k, is that similar.
Yes...imho POF has shot itself in the foot, but what I commented on was intention, not result of negative reaction : )

Feel free to put a question mark in the thread header..I forgot..: )

Tuskadero
Msg: 1 (view)

Will POF float on the stock exchange
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:53:45 PM
Is POF going to float on the stock exchange? like Fac=b==k, information on customers is a huge moneymaker, but , like FB, it will have to change to make it acceptable to "investors"..fat cats...
Someone starts a free site, makes millions, then gets used to making millions..then gets influenced to make gadzillions, but by selling out the client base, hoping no-one will complain., and make an obscene amount on the back of pissin g off the client base they have created, hoping enough will stay on board and be malleable enough to send money to him for a service they already..had..until it was taken away.....anyone who cant see whats happening does'nt understand how business and capitalism works, or how it can affect those who can earn millions through its process. Its the biggest blight on humans ever.
Share..?? ok.....oh, heres some money.. no I must stick with my principles....OK..heres 1 million...Hmmmm..how can I scam some more of this stuff from those idiots..; /

Make no mistake, big money is at stake here, there will be people pressuring for change, and more profit, it is inevitable with any successful business, which POF undoubtedly is, but a business built on trust and a feeling of community could be changed for the worse by client charges, but if successful, could make the site far more "sexy" to investors.
FB was a community social site, now it is about to float on the stock exchange, and the "timelin=" feature is designed to capture your information for use by outside interests.
There have been very sophisticated programmes developed to look at psychological profiles, activity changes through the month, trade names mentioned, etc, then your internet accounts can be targeted with specific advertising, and spam, at a price to advertisers. Soon this will be linked to loyalty cards so as you pass something on the supermarket shelf a little buzzer will sound so you know a 2personal special offer" is available..to you only....

Nothing in advertising is free, every ad every billboard, every aspect of your life information is a commodity, one of the fastest growing commoddities right now, as the stock exchange wakes up to the net.
Can't we just leave big business at the door for a little while longer on this site?
Get a bit more LOVE back on this site or it will turn to HATE.......IMHO : [
 Tuskadero
Msg: 729 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:36:57 PM
Its not profit mining so much as information selling, POF will probably float on the stock exchange, like Faceb==k generating millions for selling information about you, everyone has their price.Income comes first, but at a price..POF going back on its first FREE moral obligations..free..but at a price.
This is the 3rd time I have posted this and it has been deleted...why??
 Tuskadero
Msg: 709 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:59:45 PM
Seems the anti-viewed me trolls have quietended down, seeing the volume of disaffection : ))
Question..if viewed me is not important,
or you have it turned off..what difference would it be if you had to PAY to secretly view someone, would that make you slightly..creepy?

Charge £80 uk for a feature...because they can..and a stock market floatation may be on the cards like Facebook, its worth hundreds of millions for personal information, and everyone has their price..£100 million anyone....
 Tuskadero

A consequential impact
Posted: 3/13/2012 7:03:34 AM
Pauline....."Id agree with that if there were any figures that supported the viewed me tool as a positive way to make contact."
Can you prove it was negative? to others rather than yourself?

Arent you mixing up how you percieve and use the feature with what others get from it?
As usual, someone who doesnt use it...argues with those that did.
Its like a cyclist who never drives commenting on the cost of car insurance???
 Tuskadero
Msg: 16 (view)

gets my goat big time
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:49:03 PM
pauline2012..wrong....this is a very interesting thread, esp sprite.

You say
"Is this the similar type of thread that was posted from another profile? Seriously if people are going to make 3 profiles to post similar rants, try and make sure the information contained in the profiles are even slightly different."

No it is not the same.Even if it werent, so what? or show where the "other2 thread is..some people don't have the time or inclination to trawl through every thread ever started in case somethings been mentioned before...

You seem to be multiply posting on many threads, mostly with the same attitude, ..are you some sort of thread gestapo, what business is it of yours?
 Tuskadero
Msg: 180 (view)

I have to upgrade to see who viewed me now???
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:37:34 PM
Pauline2012..if You're so pissed off about this thread, why are you on it?? plenty others to waste time on, surely....
doesnt make sense ?
 Tuskadero
Msg: 37 (view)

Change.org Petition to POF
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:33:19 PM
What gets me is the secrecy, POF has zero customer communication. AND barring users for TRYING to contact the mods..just plain sad.
Cut and pasted but not working.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 4 (view)

Would you still use POF if it was no longer free to send and receive messages?
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:17:00 PM
No I wouldnt.
See who viewed you...£80 a year.. pulling the p IMHO
 Tuskadero
Msg: 33 (view)

Anyone ever been Geocaching?
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:14:51 PM
There are over a million caches worldwide, and it is a great way to encourage kids to go out.Its not about looking on the ground all the time, caches are on your gps, you only look for it within 5m radius once you get there.. and they are often located in very beautiful spots, I discovered a huge unused viaduct and old chapel hidden 2 mls from where I live, its now one of my favourite spots.
Most intelligent phones have gps these days.
I now know 6 really beautiful picnic spots within 10 mls of where I live.
my geocaching user name is donvanvliet.

give it a go, its fun and you never know where you'll end up..its not just about the hunt..but the location.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 159 (view)

Posted: 3/12/2012 3:46:13 PM
What advertising is going to be removed...? I can't see any! : /
 Tuskadero

viewed me
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:34:34 PM
Looks like a lot of free stuff is going to become pay for extras, like who viewed me.£80. per year!!
 Tuskadero
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 3/12/2012 3:28:28 PM
Every time I look at this thread its been heavily deleted....
 Tuskadero
Msg: 65 (view)

viewed me
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:25:40 PM
There is some heavy deleting going on in this thread...every time I look half has gone...

and if this site enerates millions of profit..what does that say about the POF attitude to users??
 Tuskadero
Msg: 52 (view)

Would you be interested..??
Posted: 3/8/2012 3:12:05 PM
No offence, but a multi-shagger delving into a Bi-sexual space contains problems, don't you think?
And, no I have nothing against you personally. You make no secret about it, fine, and I have a moral and sexual disease problem with that..fine too..or what?
 tuskadero
Msg: 50 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2012 2:44:05 PM
One person has history there from another thread : ))Conspiacy theory..mad so has a hatchet to sharpen..sad...get over it...sgb....You were barred from posting on conspiracy th for good reason..

Lusipher seems to think he can shag everything he can get with no come back, either emotionally, for the marrieds he shags, nor medically, he advocates multiple sexual connections with both single and married women, or bi-sexual, as a sex health worker, that, to me puts him in a High risk bracket, as he is the only one with a high profile on UK Forum with that particularly lax sexual hygiene, I just am concerned for the contamination of other POF'ers because of his sexuality.The message he is giving out is not good.
Be safe..or is he. How many unemotional shags between HIV tests?
Nothing personal at all, I'm just alarmed at his indifference.
Why has no-one else commented on this before,?.... because theres a clique of posters with a grudge to bear because of other threads..if you disagree with one they gang up..pathetic. Grow up.
This was posted prior to msg54
 Tuskadero
Msg: 41 (view)

bad at maths
Posted: 3/8/2012 1:01:31 PM
I did'nt get my O level GCSE in maths, but a science teacher taught me how to round up figures to make a quick calculation, then get a more accurate figure with whats left. round up the whole numbers , calculate then round up the bits that are left. I work with lots of sq m...m2 and its handy. I'm Level 2 Maths Lit Num now.
My maths teacher coming up to GCSE's did'nt like me as I was'nt "performing well" now I'm a tutor myself, I see where she went wrong. Dont blame yourself, get help, and find ways of getting around any problems.
Best of luck anyone with maths difficulties, but there is help available.
Crisps..yes the multi packs are SMALLER..bastds.
T
 Tuskadero
Msg: 70 (view)

sits on the toilet outside in public?
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:42:10 PM
We can see right into his garden to see him crimping one off..why don't you put a fence up..well, we would'nt be able to see him then...
 Tuskadero
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 3/8/2012 12:17:43 PM
Lusipher, when was the last time you had a test for sexual diseases/Hiv?
Just asking, mate : /
 Tuskadero
Msg: 125 (view)

What is God ,Ghosts Spirits Made From ?
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:12:19 PM
God, ghosts and devils are made from dysfunctional brain cells affecting an individuals ability to think clearly..IMHO
 Tuskadero

sits on the toilet outside in public?
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:09:02 PM
I always take a shit at the bus stop on the way to work, plenty people look but say nothing, as long as I put the toilet paper in the bin with my bag of shit, no-one seems to mind, in fact a few others have started to join me at the bus stop for a communal shit, its engaging with the community at a basic level, and a very levelling experience, after all, we all shit. I feel a "fight club" phenomenon starting to happen here. Maybe we could start a website on where its acceptable to shit at bus stops on the way to work?
Best
T
 Tuskadero
Msg: 44 (view)

An eye for an eye....
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:02:22 PM
So who are "the Smugs "?? secret society : ))
 Tuskadero

Would you date someone famous?
Posted: 3/8/2012 11:59:24 AM
I dated 2 people who are now , well, one a bit famous the other was an oscar nominee, unfortunately, 25 yrs before they were famous....
Isnt it strange how, as soon as someone becomes famous they are groomed/made up and look great,totally different, but still look like their old selves in the morning..still great but not hollywood.
I think it is bad that people arent allowed to go shopping without full-on make-up in case HELLO. gets a pic..pathetic.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 5 (view)

reporting incidents to police is it worth it
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:49:10 PM
Working with disadvantaged people, you would not believe how families have been split up by social services, totally beyond a nightmare. Lots of suicides too.
 Tuskadero
Msg: 264 (view)

Things that cause you irrational/rational rage
Posted: 3/6/2012 12:32:31 PM
OK, just this month's issues,
, otherwise we'll be here all day........

Someone putting their shopping trolley full of stuff on the supermarket conveyor before I'm half way through my trolley...WHY, what space-time continuum are they dealing with??

Waiting in a shop for the owner to stop chatting to her daughter for 10 mins, then being told..sorry, we're closed....Well, you wont be getting the £60 for the bracelet I ordered then, I said..; )

Cashpoints, look, get your money and go, don't do your monthly accounts while I'm waiting.

Parking..cant find a motorcycle parking bay, so park by cars, leave ticket under screen, come back to find ticket replaced by Parking fine as some moron has knicked the ticket....

Regulars in Wetherspoons being served before "outsiders" I blame myself for going in.....

Chavs spitting in supermarket doorways so you have to step over it..if poss.

Not picking up dog shit..I do, why not you yer fekin inbred.

People letting their dogs pee on stone I'm about to handle, then ignore me when I complain.

AND..kissing dogs with tongues...yeeewww.
Not bad for only the 7th day of the month..: ))

Show ALL Forums