Author Thread: Need Help Cooking for Valentine's Day
 moonchild51
Msg: 17 (view)

Need Help Cooking for Valentine's Day
Posted: 2/14/2014 12:45:23 PM
Yum! I am all over this one Miss Molly. Thanks a bunch
 moonchild51
Msg: 44 (view)

When should a mature lady become more proactive?
Posted: 1/23/2014 11:05:01 AM
I don't think the OP suffers from low self esteem necessarily. She obviously likes this fellow and wants it to go further is all.

However, OP, I have now changed my mind on my initial post. I think this man is definately looking for sex, and nothing more. His lacking in the contact department, late calls, suggestions for going to his house.

You are a big girl. If you want to take the guy at face value and have a little fun without expecting more, hey go for it. Again, I re-iterate that I really do not think the guy is going to make relationship material. Good luck honey, whatever you decide
 moonchild51

When should a mature lady become more proactive?
Posted: 1/20/2014 12:59:41 PM
From what you have just typed I think he is interested. Otherwise, he wouldn't have suggested the wine or meeting half way.

However, a day is but a blip on a man's radar darlin. I would wait maybe half a week or something. Men don't like to be pushed, least that is what my experience has been. If you are in contact the day after, asking him out, hmm....could indicate you are rushing/needy. Then again, I am no Anne Landers and am single at this age, so I think it's kinda like a dart game. Throw the dart and if it sticks, bingo!
 moonchild51
Msg: 2 (view)

Found old family Sugar Cookie Recipe
Posted: 1/7/2014 7:01:46 AM
Thanks for posting this one. I printed it off for future reference. I made some sugar cookies for Christmas and they were the nice chewy kind, not the actual crisp ones that most sugar cookies are. So this one, being a soft cookie recipe is of interest to me. As well? Easy peasy to make without a lot of fussing and that works just fine for this gal! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 41 (view)

Is it because we are older/more forgetful or are people really not paying attention?
Posted: 12/23/2013 10:22:28 AM

Some have contacted me a second time, and I just laugh it off and thank them for the interest, but no thank you, if I am not interested back....;)

^^^Yes you did just that and it hurt more the second time Mr. Deacon...*sniff*. lol Merry Christmas old friend!
 moonchild51
Msg: 478 (view)

skirt length when over 50
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:21:51 AM

Sexy pants and/or jeans will get my attention

^^Just as long as no one shows any toes!!! Oops, sorry, that was my inside voice!
 moonchild51
Msg: 4 (view)

Flaming proposal dessert!
Posted: 12/6/2013 7:06:18 AM
Mr. Paul? I would like to have to "pretend" propose to me my good man. (I say pretend as I am allergic to marriage) lol...please send me particulars as to when you might be available to cook me such a fine meal! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 12 (view)

Is this normal behavior for over-45 men?
Posted: 12/5/2013 11:17:37 AM
Oh Miss Beach, please don't take offense. Most of the comments were to assist you with improving your profile. They meant no harm. The one fellow who asked you about posting a "stupid" question, shows his intelligence.

OT: I remember way back, more years than I care to count, the very first time I was sent a picture of a man's one eyed trouser snake. I was totally shocked!Just what kind of man would do such a thing I asked myself... Now, should I get them, it's like water off a ducks back. Seen one, seen em all. What makes that "one" attractive to me is the man that comes attached to it who is a true gentleman with class..
 moonchild51

How To Cook A Turkey
Posted: 11/28/2013 8:30:05 AM
I was with you all the way Mr. Procol till I saw the drink of choice was scotch. Ewe! lol..now give me a nice rum or rye and egg nog....and it's toikey time!
 moonchild51
Msg: 28 (view)

What no deviled eggs thread?
Posted: 11/21/2013 7:51:19 AM
I am going to have to try this with the eggs and pickled beet juice. I make awesome pickled beets if I say so myself. They are always a huge hit wherever I take/serve them. Neat idea to try. Thanks for this one folks!
P.S. - Missing my foodies! xx
 Moonchild51
Msg: 9 (view)

The much sought after emotion...Love
Posted: 11/1/2013 6:53:09 AM
Mr. Danimal? At a time where I find myself trying to define "Love", your post has truly hit home for me. You have no idea how your post on this subject has hit home...and for that, I thank you immensely! *hugs*
 moonchild51
Msg: 54 (view)

starting over
Posted: 10/28/2013 8:40:43 AM

To Opp : These women will gut you like a fish , Things have really changed since you were younger , chance of finding a decent woman is very slim . Its all about instant chemistry and wallet size now

Wow, I know you have been told this before honey, but as long as you have this attitude, you won't get very far. A man with such a huge chip on his shoulders is not an attractive man to anyone. Why can't you simply take a woman at face value and go with that using your best judgement on how it is going? I think that is how most of us do it?
 moonchild51
Msg: 11 (view)

Butternut Squash...how to cook?
Posted: 10/9/2013 8:43:58 AM
Squash bread? Care to share the recipe with us? And I never thought of putting squash in soups or stews but now that you mention it why not? Sounds awesome!
 moonchild51
Msg: 13 (view)

Easy applesauce recipe?
Posted: 10/2/2013 10:04:46 AM

not only do you end up with fabulous applesauce ... but you have the additional
benefit of a wonderful-smelling house all morning ...

Silly point but? Realtors tell you that when showing your house, you should have a pot of this or even just water and cinammon brewing on the stove to make the home much more attractive to potential buyers!
 moonchild51
Msg: 31 (view)

homemade beans
Posted: 10/2/2013 9:59:37 AM
Molly, I remember when as a kid, my Mom would make white beans and pork hocks. God how I hated having to eat them. Now being older? I adore them. She puts in a bayleaf when she cooks them up. I try to duplicate it but I don't know....sometimes I think things taste better cuz Momma made it.
 moonchild51
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2013 9:48:08 AM
Ah Mr. Rax, you cutie you. Thanks ever so much
 moonchild51
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2013 8:23:57 AM
I knew I could count on you folks to provide some great alternatives for me. Many thanks!
 moonchild51
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2013 7:58:14 AM
I have 5 butternut squash and cooked one last night in the oven. I used brown sugar and butter. Came out amazingly well. I was just wondering if any of my other foodie friends had a special way of doing theirs? Or any other squash recipes would be appreciated...
 moonchild51
Msg: 40 (view)

'Girl hot' vs 'Guy hot' fashions and trends...
Posted: 9/24/2013 8:17:11 AM
Now my dearest Mr. Deac..surely you are not insinuating I wear jeggins when 40+ overweight? lmao...Seriously, I get what you mean though. But as you say, that is the thing with two people meeting up and it all connects. Jeggings, weird toenails, hair..whatever. It is all about how the two people in question get along. And as I said, at this stage I want someone who takes me for me and all that I am. May have just met the lil bugger too! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 38 (view)

'Girl hot' vs 'Guy hot' fashions and trends...
Posted: 9/24/2013 7:35:10 AM
Know what? I just wear what I like. At this stage in my life, I am about doing things I like to do and what makes me feel good. I have earned that right. If I have multi colored toenails, it doesn't change who I am in side, nor will it change how I will make you feel as my male counterpart. Some will handle it and some won't.
 moonchild51
Msg: 93 (view)

Do you care about a womans number ?
Posted: 8/29/2013 7:55:49 AM
Funny but most men I have dated never even ask the question? I think perhaps that comes with being the age I am at. At this point, we all know that there has been a sexual history on both parts. What matters most is the here and now far as I am concerned. I was actually a bit surprised at some of the comments here. Like no one has had a sexual past? Really....lol
 moonchild51

not my recipie......but DAYUM its good
Posted: 8/15/2013 6:53:30 AM
Now Mr. Rax...how in God's name is a middle aged gal fighting the battle of the bulge to keep her figure when you post recipes like this? lol...I have a friend that makes something similar with artichokes and cheese...omg this kind of stuff is lethal! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 63 (view)

Life is less and less worthwhile
Posted: 8/15/2013 6:52:01 AM
Drumming I too echo the thoughts of the two ladies above me. Am sending you my prayers to beat your kick azzed cancer as I know you will. You have a tremendous outlook on life and a real fighter's spirit! *hugs*
 moonchild51
Msg: 22 (view)

paula deen
Posted: 6/26/2013 6:37:12 AM
I read a copy of the pending suit. Wow is all that I can say. After viewing it, I don't see it as racial, but more discriminatory. I have always loved Paula Deen however, from what I have read, on a personal basis, she is not a very nice lady and neither are her sons. It is about the overall treatment of human beings far as I am concerned. Having money doesn't make you better than others.
 moonchild51
Msg: 121 (view)

No kids,never married, what kinda midlife crisis they go through?
Posted: 5/31/2013 9:27:00 AM

I have a 9' x 6.5 round penis, I wear size 36x34 pants and size large shirt, all my bills are paid off with money in the bank.

^^No one will have you even with this clearly stated in your profile honey? lmao...
 moonchild51
Msg: 25 (view)

Acceptable behaviour or not ?
Posted: 5/28/2013 9:09:22 AM
No matter how things came about, they did. You needed her and she put herself first. I am not one to want someone around when I am sick but for sure, if I did ask for assistance and they went to a party instead, they sure wouldn't be coming back round me.
 moonchild51
Msg: 172 (view)

Why do Men of a Certain Age HATE Facebook?
Posted: 5/24/2013 6:37:50 PM
I don't know...any way that folks can connect in this day and age is ok with me. Far as being spammed, heck, we get spam mail at work on our regular email from time to time and they are always updating to try and keep that away. I am actually surprised at the ages of some folks who do use the available social networks. Folks in their 80's have adapted to this new age. Except one comes to mind...my mother who is 74 refused to even remember how to turn her puter on and off! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 167 (view)

Why do Men of a Certain Age HATE Facebook?
Posted: 5/24/2013 7:14:06 AM
I use LinkedIn and it has been and is a great tool for business for a lot of reasons. Job searching, connections, being able to see who is employed where. Being in the sales industry it's always good to be kept in the loop of who is doing what where. Social networking for whatever reason is most definately on the rise.
 moonchild51
Msg: 19 (view)

GIRLS DON'T LIKE BEER!
Posted: 5/23/2013 6:29:58 AM
The idea of a nice cold cider does sound inviting Mr. Rax. I will have to keep on the lookout at the locl beer/bevvy store! Thanks
 moonchild51

GIRLS DON'T LIKE BEER!
Posted: 5/22/2013 8:30:54 AM
Nothing quite like a cold beer on a hot summer's day in the sun! Or maybe two...something about it that takes the thirst away
 moonchild51
Msg: 6 (view)

whats your favorite recipie you learned on here?
Posted: 5/22/2013 8:29:18 AM
OMG Charmic! That sounds wonderful and no wonder you gained weight as I would have too! lol...still on my bum but am working on it. lol...I am going to have to look up the black bean fudge recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth without blowing the calorie bank! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 4 (view)

whats your favorite recipie you learned on here?
Posted: 5/17/2013 7:50:34 AM
I have to agree with Miss Molly Mr. Rax. Landra's recipe was to die for! I actually made about 4 pans of the stuff at Christmas time. Probably ate two of them all by myself and gained 10 lbs! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 69 (view)

Common Interests
Posted: 5/16/2013 9:44:07 AM

Now.....MY requests: Dance with me. He complied by going out with me...sitting at a table bored, but requesting that other men should ask his wife to dance.

I am sorry sweetie but you know me....all I could think of when I read your post was that you should have asked him for sex! lmao...I know, I know, my bad! *hugs*
 moonchild51
Msg: 32 (view)

help! never made a ham.
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:51:49 AM
Yes Mr. Jim and Mrs. Savant. They have deleted the link to the forums. Which is fine for us oldies (in a good way) as we can find the way here on our own but it sucks for newbies as they would have no access. Not sure why they did this as it makes for boring forums. Hope they change it back! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 209 (view)

Does it matter if he lies about his age
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:21:40 AM
I had a date a bit ago with a man who lied on his profile. Said he was occasional smoker, then told me he is a heavy smoker. Then he admitted to being 5 years older than what his profile said. Told me that what POF had to offer for ladies at his age wasn't inviting to him. Then went on and on about his ex live in. Pppfffttt..nexxt please?
 moonchild51
Msg: 23 (view)

WHO ELSE loves their Gerorge Foreman grill ... ??
Posted: 4/19/2013 3:25:48 PM
I just pulled my GF out tonite. I was craving an italian sausage on a bun with onions and dijon mustard. Way too cold out today to use my bbq..in heaven right now with my tasty treat! they do come in handy!
 moonchild51
Msg: 56 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 4/18/2013 5:05:46 PM
Sheesh, correction to my post...that would be an all BEAN diet!lol..and think I would pass on a relationship with someone who ate that way! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 54 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 4/18/2013 12:28:24 PM

I’ve been on that all-bean diet again and wearing my special weight-loss pants – the mylar ones with the elastic at the waist and cuffs. I feel lighter already.

^^Talking about scents? An all ben diet and mylar pants? OMG! lol
 moonchild51

Common Interests
Posted: 4/17/2013 11:11:50 AM
Miss Wooby you have a good point with your post. I was just thinking back when young, I never met a boy wondering what his interests or his commonalities with me were. We just met and dated. Found out things about each other as we went along having fun! Thing is with dating sites and preferences, I think they preclude us from meeting some great folks if we let it.
 moonchild51
Msg: 32 (view)

Oral stimulation of breasts and nipples
Posted: 4/17/2013 9:37:07 AM

quote] everyone just forumgangbangs the poor guy....:)

Aye Boyo!....It's a fine and proper man who can take a full on forumgangbangin in the mornin...Isnt it Squire?

Seriously...you dont think this guy is typing with one hand "Just in case"? :)

^^I am sorry OP but I am having huge fits of the giggles after reading the comments in this thread. The above one, however, by far and large takes first place! OMGG! lol
 moonchild51
Msg: 22 (view)

Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 9:32:16 AM

I use 'cuddle', 'snuggle' and 'have anal sex' interchangeably...

^^Now Mr. Wolf, I would take offense at cuddle and snuggle myself! lmao...my bad! Gonna take my blanky and go nappy!
 moonchild51
Msg: 44 (view)

scent of an older man
Posted: 4/17/2013 8:33:28 AM
I don't know about all the scientific issues. All I know is that I prefer my man to eat pineapple and lots of it! :):)
 moonchild51
Msg: 13 (view)

Cuddle vs. Snuggle
Posted: 4/17/2013 7:17:41 AM
As was previously mentioned, it all comes down to personal choice OP. But from my perspective, yes, it seems silly to take issue with cuddle vs snuggle. There is so much more in life to pay attention to.

As a side note? I agree with Blonde in the pics of your little girls should be taken down from your profile. There are so very many not nice folks out there and we need to do all we can to protect our babies. jmho
 moonchild51

Stuffed Jalapenos
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:59:05 AM
Mr. S, I have tried the breaded ones and don't care for them as much as the bacon wrapped. And why shouldn't I? The more calories the merrier! lol. I really want to try Miss Mick's sausauge ones though, they sound awesome!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 9 (view)

Women can fix this!
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:04:16 PM

It seemed like a pretty good idea...until I read dragonbits post, he has a couple good points
But really, most women with any class delete/block the perverts after their comments usually, so they're essentially gone anyway from their search inventory, just let the creeps keep doing their thing, and soon the old cliche will come true and the nice guys WILL finish last!

^^That pretty much sums it up. Thank you kind Sir! Myself and my gal pals do just what the above says. No time for creepers.

And Mr. Proteaus? You need to change up your woman bashing to something of interest hun. You are getting to be old hat. And if what you say is true of the gals you meet, then I would suggest your picker may be broke Sir!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8 (view)

Stuffed Jalapenos
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:59:43 AM
all right Miss Mick. That's enough. I am boarding a plane for your house. I want to sample all of the tasty stuff you make...salivatatin here girl! lol
 Moonchild51
Msg: 34 (view)

over 50 then look at this
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:14:02 AM
Oh my dear Miss Seal..the miklman has been replaced by the following:

Postman
Landscaper
Snow removal dude
Canvasers
Neighbour....

possibilities are endless! lol...omg...I am in a mood today!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 49 (view)

Opening the Door for Sexual talk
Posted: 4/10/2013 3:29:31 PM
Hi Muted. imho I think you read a whole lot more into what I said than what I wanted you to! lol...basically what I meant was if one goes there, male or female, depending on exactly "what" they say, then it does give a green light to either being open to having sex at some point or right away if that is one's choice. If a lady doesn't infer anything at all sexual at any point, I would think a guy would think she is strictly not open to a sexual relationship and make his choice to continue from there or not. However, even without "talking" about it, there are ways that men and women converse to let the other one know they are interested or not. Body language being a huge indicator. Maybe I am not explaning myself propertly here...been a long day! lol
 Moonchild51
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2013 2:47:13 PM

Agreed. I never bring up sex first or make any reference to it. I let the woman say something funny, make a reference, etc. she is the one who gives the green light on the topic. After that I may try and touch her but the ice has been broken. As males, however, we still need to respect how she receives our advances. My experience is that most women coyly resist you the first time in a playful manner but then are more the instigator the next date. They are letting you know that they are not 'loose' and we need to, again, respect their boundaries.

^^This post to me, represents a mature man who understands it in a nutshell. Mr. Science? I bow to you Sir....and also thank you on behalf of my sisterhood...we are just as sexual, if not more so, than you fellows are except there is a protocol. A man confident in his abilities to "understand" this, probably has no problem at all having sex. Wereas his bold, just throwing the sex card out there brothers, spend a lot more time fishin! And I also agree with Mr. Goat (sheesh that sounds funny)...if we gals are going to be out there talking sex, for sure we are indicating that the guy has a green light. That is understood. I will give the OP a bit of a break due to her youth...oh to be 20 sumpin an know what I know now! lol
 Moonchild51
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2013 8:57:16 AM
^^^We do try Lil! lol...maybe the good morning texter guy is the same one she speaks of in this thread?

Show ALL Forums