Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: cant find the girl in search anymore
 OopstooLate
Msg: 11 (view)

cant find the girl in search anymore
Posted: 7/8/2014 7:08:17 AM
Optimism... *shakes head*
So many fish in the sea? Throw out another line?

Meh... Don't take it too bad, online "dating" is such a noncommittal form of getting to know a person... Chances are she was a dude anyways.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 8 (view)

She wants to meet me but.....
Posted: 7/7/2014 9:36:19 PM
Oh man... I hate that glitch, now I have to rewrite my little blurb about the stupid meet me feature... And my hello to the mooner, cuz his tone makes him so easy to spot!

Meet me feature sucks OP... I'd never meet a dude just cuz I clicked a little pretend button on the interwebs. It's too easy, meeting up with people requires confidence...
 OopstooLate
Msg: 9 (view)

cant find the girl in search anymore
Posted: 7/7/2014 3:10:51 PM
You've been blocked!
Denied!

Sorry... First time back in a while... I got excited!
 OopstooLate
Msg: 13 (view)

Messaging ettiquette...
Posted: 12/14/2012 7:06:30 PM
I just put up some new pics...pretty sure it isn't gonna make Aristotle love me anymore than he already does.
*Le sigh*

Send them another message if you so desire...it doesn't hurt to try.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 41 (view)

Death of the Twinkie
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:32:58 PM

I'm not accepting higher prices just so some single parent cashier can raise their six children. If people hate Wally World wages ... then QUIT. Find a higher paying job. But then, a better job might require an education. If said single parent was busy breeding ... chances are they didn't finish their education.

There are lots of Jack-Ass assumptions in that statement. What exactly does being a single parent have to do with education? Please post a peer reviewed study that clearly demonstrates the correlation.

You also assume that people working at Walmart are uneducated? There are more socio-economic factors than education that contribute to a person's employment. You do remember that thing they had south of the border...what was it called again?...oh yeah, a recession.

And as AA pointed out all Walmart employees are single and parents to boot?

Go back to sniffing your glue jack-ass.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 13 (view)

Opinions from color experts needed
Posted: 10/21/2012 6:34:29 PM
I love that sage green color

+1

I always paint my walls in muted greens...looks good with most wood grains and especially with my bamboo shades. I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet that bamboo shades while they block out sight and let in light during the day can be completely see through at night if the light is on inside.

My ex found that out the hard way...when he got caught masturbating and could be seen from the street. One of the neighbors came up to let him know the next day...lullz
Apparently it is mortifying.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 30 (view)

Bullied teen leaves behind chilling video
Posted: 10/15/2012 4:38:46 AM
The bullying is an issue in this story, but the bigger issue was the guy who received a topless picture of the girl (who was 12-14 at the time) and tried blackmailing her with it. Did you even read the article?

Sorry sweetheart but extortion is bullying.
When someone has leverage and position of any kind, whether they are the big or popular kid on the playground, it is bullying.

In fact your snide little remark

Did you even read the article?

is an attempt at bullying me with what you believe is your greater intellect.
Shame on you...looks like you deserve that retribution you seek...

Hypocrite.

Edit>>> This one is particularly hypocritical
You're confusing dictating with mocking sarcasm. In case you missed it, my rhetorical question was the latter. In any case I was surprised you had the audacity to make a generalized and silly (see: stupid) statement regarding (1) an entire religion and (2) an entire social view. However, you can think whatever you wish. Time quickly passes the close-minded by.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 18 (view)

Bullied teen leaves behind chilling video
Posted: 10/13/2012 6:44:34 AM

not everyone is afflicted by christianity or liberalism

That's pure gold...you must be an alchemist ;)

This girl certainly got a raw deal. She did not deserve to be bullied/stalked/harassed in said manner...but as someone pointed out to me on another site; How exactly did this boy get the leverage on her to begin with?

There are also a lot of parents, teachers and other authority figures involved in this situation that should be ashamed of themselves for not setting the right examples and taking responsibility for their children, students and otherwise...and as Aristotle stated abuse/bullying is a societal issue on a much broader scale than we all may realize.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 14 (view)

Height, body size, and longevity: is smaller better for the human body?
Posted: 10/12/2012 6:50:34 PM

The Neanderthals somewhat proved that the bigger does not always prosper, as they went extinct an the Homosapien prospered, though most of us still carry ~5% Neanderthals DNA. (Neanderthals = Humans Ver 1.0, Homosapien = Human Ver 1.1) In the resign we got smaller and gain the ability sarcasm.* (Offer not valid in Kansas)

I missed this while I was on my POF sabbatical.

sweet spot is not 6" it is closer to 5.6".

Mine's there too...
 OopstooLate

Height, body size, and longevity: is smaller better for the human body?
Posted: 10/12/2012 4:37:01 PM
I was under the impression that the Okinawa's longevity was related to their diet, which is mainly vegetarian (with raw soy nuts not as much processed tofu) supplemented by the occasional fish.

I've also read that they have the lowest cholesterol levels in the world.

When I was a vegan my Doctor was amazed by my cholesterol levels, both the good and bad. He claimed they were lower than any he had ever seen, which was surprising given I'd grown up in the West and followed a standard grease and meat rich diet for the first 14 years of my life.

But if you're right and shortness = long life I'll be just as lucky.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 20 (view)

youre pretty hi whats up I like your profile
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:36:30 AM
It wasn't worded like "You must be..." well it was, but it was preceeded by "So what's with all the requirements on POF?" which I followed with relatively advanced topics in science and philosophy.

It's a way of lightheartidly making converstaion, and from the multitude of messages I got regarding it, I'd say you are wrong on both accounts.

I'm not very insecure with regards to making friends over the internet, as were none of the men that responded.

Also just as a little sidenote, if a person claims an ideology they should be able to explain why.

EDIT>>>Also please disregard my spelling mistakes as my browser does not have a spell check option...and spelling is my bane.
 OopstooLate

What would she think if I did this?
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:37:27 AM
2 pieces of advice...

1) Buy her the coffee...she was testing you to see if you're interested. It's not llike she asked you to jump off a bridge, swim across the ocean and bring her back an freshly brewed French roast.

2)Don't listen to crazy people...they are jaded for a reason. Take the chance, follow your instincts. If it turns out "bad" and she's a coffee whore whose only goal is to "use" you to get her fix then at least you tried.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 17 (view)

Bad gifts - from parents...
Posted: 10/10/2012 6:44:26 AM

Say thank you.

Start a lucrative e-bay business.

That's fantastic advice.

I used to (and still sometimes) have that problem. It developed into a phobia about opening gifts in front of people...I have a hard time holding back the "WTF" look from my face, as such I began to dread opening presents.

I found the best way to counteract this was to say I wanted nothing (when asked) or just something useful like socks. My father, who likes to get a big reaction from gift giving, would then stuff said socks with money...or give me all the money in his piggy bank (I've always liked counting money...even as a child).

So yeah...just say no thanks to the gifts...or do the ebay business...
 OopstooLate

Posted: 10/9/2012 7:16:59 PM
You guys are crazy.

At one time I had a detailed profile, that sounded something like a resume. It listed some of the coolest things I've done, things I like and the many subjects of my post secondary studies.

It also included a list of what a "man" should be able to do...including explain his ideologies, choose (and explain his choice) one of either quantum theory or string theory, compose a poem, name at least one constellation ...and so on.

I got lots of responses, and most men included the answers to my "requirements" section. I had many profs from the university I attend send me messages. Those that felt they couldn't answer them suggested that they would get back to me after they did some more research...

So really you need to mention their interests and ask questions in a friendly and unassuming manner. Humor is fantastic, but don't get too friendly.

Really you need to have both a good profile and the capability to engage in conversation in an easy unassuming manner. Pictures help someone decide if they are "hot" for you, but how you look isn't the only factor determining your success.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 10/9/2012 4:39:19 PM
I hate boring 1st contacts, I roll my eyes every time. Usually they are coming from young men attempting to initiate a meeting on the same night as that first email...I tend to assume that they are looking for an intimate encounter and don't continue the correspondence.

BUT

I've had some really nice, long, well thought out 1st contacts. Most were from very well educated men that also happened to be older. None of them said the same thing and they all made an effort to talk about what was in my profile. I even had poems...all of these men get responses.

Is it stereotypical? I dunno...
Does the same thing happen to all women on here? I dunno...

Aristotle,
I think you're pretty.
 OopstooLate

Happy Turkey Day fellow Canadians
Posted: 10/8/2012 7:01:16 PM
and do you say "eh", I never say "eh"...

Yes, I say eh...but it's more of a *sigh* type or a *hmmm* not so much an *asking for agreeance*...but "friggin" is significantly more Western Canadian...and everyone I know says it, but it sounds more like "fricken".
 OopstooLate

Posted: 10/8/2012 5:26:28 PM
Ok fine...you're right.

I apologize for my crankiness on this Thanksgiving evening.
I'm thankful for having been reminded that at times we are all in need of correction.
 OopstooLate

Posted: 10/8/2012 3:53:02 PM
I live in NB and it's a stat here.
I don't think I've ever met anyone who observed a religious Thanksgiving holiday.

Unless by religious you mean...Yay everybody lets get together and celebrate the liberation of these great Americas from those evil savage first nations peoples

If you don't get my "sarcasm" tough, cuz I don't think there's even one residential school survivor that would agree that "God" and his "good works" were present in the subjugation of our ancestors.

...must be those same people who think humans may one day walk on the sun...

Anyhow I ate bad food and complained about the evils of Colonialism on an internet forum...neither of which I am thankful for.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 24 (view)

How to know when someone is thinking about you
Posted: 10/5/2012 7:29:41 PM

I'm curious though...exactly when did ESP become a "proven fact"?

+1

My mom swear ESP is a "fact" and she obviously is capable of it. She also agrees with the ancient alien theory championed by Hitler...

I dunno...at times I have felt like I could read the minds of others, but if I think on it hard enough...I would be able to recall the shifty gazes, sighs or other body language that gave them away...really we're social animals and much of our communication is silent...we are trained from the beginning to respond to slight variations in facial expressions and body language.
ESP possibly unreal...
 OopstooLate
Msg: 19 (view)

They take pignapping very serious here in Texas!
Posted: 10/5/2012 2:53:56 PM

Only in the POF forums can we have a simple pignapping thread get reported for racism

Funny story...typical replies.
I give this thread 9/10 for its vigorous amusement.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 22 (view)

How to know when someone is thinking about you
Posted: 10/5/2012 2:46:35 PM

Some of the people in this thread need to quit smoking hash.

More importantly, some of the people on this thread need to start smoking hash.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 25 (view)

Recent Fad: stay-at-home moms drink wine while minding kids / Naptime is the new Happy Hour!
Posted: 9/28/2012 4:20:59 PM

One way that moms could look after their kids & interact with them, & still have fun, is to read them stories from Edward Gorey's books & explain the illustrations.

Hahahaha

The Gashlycrumb Tinies

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs.
B is for Basil assaulted by bears.
C is for Clair who wasted away.
D is for Desmond thrown out of the sleigh.
E is for Ernest who choked on a peach.
F is for Fanny, sucked dry by a leech.
G is for George, smothered under a rug.
H is for Hector, done in by a thug.
I is for Ida who drowned in the lake.
J is for James who took lye, by mistake.
K is for Kate who was struck with an axe.
L is for Leo who swallowed some tacks.
M is for Maud who was swept out to sea.
N is for Nevil who died of ennui.
O is for Olive, run through with an awl.
P is for Prue, trampled flat in a brawl.
Q is for Quinton who sank in a mire.
R is for Rhoda, consumed by a fire.
S is for Susan who perished of fits.
T is for Titas who blew into bits.
U is for Una who slipped down a drain.
V is for Victor, squashed under a train.
W is for Winie, embedded in ice.
X is for Xerxes, devoured by mice.
Y is for Yoric whose head was bashed in.
Z is for Zilla who drank too much gin.

-Edward Gorey

I love you POF Trolls.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 36 (view)

Photos of Kate
Posted: 9/21/2012 7:33:03 PM

I bet that many other women have hotter, sexier, nicer boobies than Kate Middleton

True...but she's still gorgeous and I don't find very many women attractive.
I'd totally do her...
 OopstooLate
Msg: 8 (view)

Do Women write off Men in low status jobs?
Posted: 9/21/2012 7:17:18 PM
Not usually...but I'm turning over a new leaf tonight...so yes NOW I DO!
 OopstooLate
Msg: 7 (view)

Justifiable Homicide?
Posted: 6/18/2012 9:49:54 AM

Justifiable Homicide?

Yes.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 2 (view)

The Jerry Sandusky Trial
Posted: 6/11/2012 6:31:21 PM
I agree, but the smiling and laughing is all a biproduct of the society that allowed him to continue abusing children.
In my opinion he honestly thinks that he is beyond reproach. He was permitted to continue, despite having been reported to his superiors...
Any culture of obsession (religion, sports, hollywood etc) excuses the shortcomings of its idols, it's denial....
I find it disgusting, but not surprising.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 22 (view)

Thomas Mulcair can’t see the difference between Canada and Nigeria
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:47:06 AM
No. You said the ONLY difference between us and Nigeria is that good Canadian folks are allowed to protest. The rest of it, the complete and total lack of any land reclaimation or regulation or standardized wage structures or any of the just over a gillion other major differences, don't matter because adorable Thomas Mulcair says so.

No, you misunderstood took it literally and are now putting words in my mouth.

By far the biggest and most damaging environmental disaster occurs at the end use...people (including vegetarian kids) heating and lighting houses, driving cars, eating any kind of mass produced food etc.

Provide proof. Hardly any of that even applies to me...While all my friends were begging their parents for cars I was biking...

Sounds like your making excuses for industry. Good on you for supporting manufacturing, as the provision of those goods does absolutely nothing to further consumption...*rolls eyes*

We should all be crystal clear on what effective royalty rates are now that Stelmach raised them, watched oil companies move ten feet across the border to Saskatchewan only to beg for their return a year later.

LOL! Saskatchewan has an effective long term plan for oil extraction and production because unlike Alberta their government is not comprised of a national party with partisan interests. They also have a sliding scale for royalties which ensures that those taking the most pay MORE. They have effectively cut subsidies (as of this year) for many corporations, have slashed immigration, made huge government cut-backs and have fought multi-national corporations to ensure that jobs remain for their residents in natural resource extraction.

Again, what people? What emplyment? We're already begging for people to work here. If you foot the bill for a 5 billion dollar upgrader/refinery, you will have to find people to stir the big pots. You'll have to find someone willing to risk the capital. You'll have to compete with existing infrastructure already past the capital development stages. It's simply not economically viable. If it was I guarantee you someone would be doing it. Imperial Oil just shut down their Dartmouth refinery because it lost money. And that's in NS where you would think there would be people looking for work and where you have immediate access to shipping not like Alberta where you have to pipeline it to somewhere first.

Are you on crack?
Most of my cousins and childhood friends work at the Sands, they are getting cut-back, laid off and replaced by workers imported by their America based employers. They are shutting old refineries down because they have started shipping oil through the Bay of Fundy into Maine to be refined and right now USA is promising big tax cuts to business's that keep employment in the country. Similarly my mother's former employer is setting up in Seattle and closing their Edmonton and New Westminster plants for the same reason.

There is an employable population, and the resources we have if properly managed would be able to provide for that population if we focused on sustainability rather than growth.

BUT once again the growth is the base of economics and economics is king.
 OopstooLate

Posted: 5/27/2012 5:42:17 AM
OMG!WTF,

I'm very sorry I used a catch all phraseto indicate that the corruption of the Nigerian government is what makes us different with regards to the accountability of the Oil industry. I just expected you to be able to read between the lines, my bad.

By environmental disaster do you mean like oil spills?

When I say environmental disaster I am referring to any situation that causes harm with regards to any industry, mining in all forms, oil extraction (liquid and bitumen). I am versed in environmental impact assessments, as I stated it is legally the proponents responsibility to clean it up ( which is a governmental short-fall in my mind since they sign off on every project and EIA) which is why the government doesn't seem to mind the danger that may be associated with said project.

the biggest of all disasters...YOU and your automobile and all your gas guzzling little children (if you have any)?

I don't have a car, we walk most places. My children? YOU mean the ones that were entirely breastfed, co-slept and wore cloth diapers? YOU mean the vegetarians from birth, that eat mainly local food and wear hand-me downs? The children that delight in taking the bus?...sorry if you can't read between the lines I'm calling you a jerk.

Mostly because it's really hard to make a buck at the refining stage. We just closed a refinery in the maritimes because they couldn't make money at it. First of all, building a new refinery will cost you about 5 billion dollars and then you still have to find employees and ship the product to markets. We're already about 20k employees short in our current economy which makes refining at any consequence an impossibility. The low hanging fruit of profit is in selling the raw materials of which we have about a hundred year supply to keep our current employees busy.

So??? You work for an Oil company? Doesn't that make you the disaster? or maybe just a hypocrite for attempting to give me a hard time? or are you speaking on behalf of exporting oil because we cannot refine it fast enough?

The Oil industry (all industry fr that matter) is about keeping profits at an increasing level, growth. Unfortunately there is no growth of the resource it is non-renewable and once it's gone it's gone, because we had to remove and process as much as we could in over a short window for the sake of keeping profits up.

We subsidize Oil companies to keep their business, we sell off our resource at minimal royalties and destroy all of our land at the same time. I do not advocate shutting down the Oil Sands, but neither do I advocate the express rate at which we extract, nor the export of a resource that could offer long term employment in the event of the government actually started thinking about the good of it's people.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2012 6:02:09 PM

We need to rectify this refining shortage

Yes, that is a serious issue. Many however, don't see the problem with shipping off the raw good to be refining elsewhere. They think the short term benefit of jobs in added infrastructure for transport and the quick $$$ (despite subsidies to Oil companies) is fan-freaking-tastic, rather than having longterm job stability for in province/country refining.

Makes no sense to me.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 5/26/2012 5:33:21 PM

what is the point of yet another training course for a person that lives 80 miles from nowhere in a remote part of New Brunswick?

The training programs are bogus and they only take them to meet the necessary requirements. Even after living in NB for 4 years I still don't understand the culture of seasonal working. Lots of families get by with 1 adult working part-time full year and another doing seasonal + EI.

But honestly even if Mulcair wanted to shut down oil production (in the event the NDP ever got power) he couldn't do it. Ethical oil does not exist, it's all spin.
The only thing that makes us different than Nigeria is the right of the citizen to protest the outcome of oil extraction and refining. Our government relies on good press so they appease us by appearing to care about environmental consequences. The do their risk assessment and economics always wins over the possibility of an environmental disaster.

In the event that a disaster happens it's the proponent who is liable to reclaim and re-mediate, despite their adherence to the requirements of an Environmental Impact Assessment...so the government passes the buck and the responsibility for public resources.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 15 (view)

Summer plans....
Posted: 5/26/2012 10:18:10 AM
I really liked Cape Breton, the people are very nice (which is out of character for Nova Scotians ;p...lol) and the scenery is fabutastic.
Northern Ontario is beautiful too...As is Alberta, Jasper in particular during the summer (null humidity which is awesome).

I've only been to 7-8 states when I was 9, so I cannot claim any of them as great vacation spots and European experience is minimal as well (3 northern European countries, YES some Socialist ones...lol).

This summer we're doing all of the maritime provinces, whale watching, kayaking, tubing, camping, waterparks (yay!) and lots and lots of driving (and eating).
We're gonna check out the chocolate factory too!
 OopstooLate
Msg: 27 (view)

My twist on the regular breakfast pizzas.
Posted: 5/26/2012 7:00:16 AM
The improper way is to post your off topic rants on the said thread thereby creating continuous ambiguous and intimidating insults to the food crowd who know good and well what the rest of the forumites are meaning to convey to each other in a reasonable and respectful manner.

Considering that this happens so often in the Recipes Forum it may actually be better if he does state the obvious idiocy of copy and paste of someone else's property in a public forum. If you think there isn't a problem with it (copy and paste of another websites property) you are wrong. There seems to be a constant need for reminder here.

This is NOT about the recipe and where you got it, the issue is ONLY with the blatant stealing of another's words or PLAGIARISM. If you post it in your own words it isn't a big deal.

Aristotle is being completely reasonable.
 OopstooLate

Game of Thrones
Posted: 5/24/2012 10:40:15 AM

You saw what happened to her family....right?

You've read the books so you know what happens...and I'm pretty sure that if you reread you could see why. I don't want to give away anything for the viewers about the end of this season, but she was a total **** to John Snow...and for no actual reason (that's my foreshadowing cuz I think I know what he's gonna do with John Snow's actual heritage).

And little finger...she pretty much made him the wheezily **stard he is...
I could go on and on...but it's less about what she does in the present/future for the book readers and viewers and more about her past.
 OopstooLate

Women and politics
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:30:00 PM
Depends what those views are on.
For example, abortion is not something you get to discuss with a woman unless you participated in fertilization.

In my opinion religion is ok if you have the same one, not so much if you don't.
Everything else is fair game as long as you are conversing and not lecturing, lecturing is a turn-off, as are condescending men.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/23/2012 12:12:11 PM
Buwahahaha...Ethical Oil.

It makes me laugh every time. There is no such thing as Ethical Oil, and I'm an Albertan if anyone was gonna want to spin oil as being ethical it would be an Albertan...lol

Also, I love Mulcair. He's sooooo friggen adorable.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 6 (view)

Fired For Being Too Busty
Posted: 5/22/2012 1:14:59 PM
This is the thing I absolutely hate about having large breasts (other than not being able to run without 2 bras).
No matter what I wear it always looks too revealing. Before I had the kids I had an itty bitty waste and huge boobs. Finding shirts is soo hard as everything looks tight or low cut, I always felt like I looked trashy.

My sister on the other hand is flat chested and she could wear anything and it did not look cheap/too sexy.

I wouldn't doubt the story, as having lived the "my eyes are up here" situation many times, I think it is plausible.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 21 (view)

Gordon Ramsay - Shark Bait documentary
Posted: 5/22/2012 1:06:14 PM
And the Copepoda and Cladocera wept, for in haste man had forgotten their orders.

winkee face...I luv Zooplankton.

*sighs*
 OopstooLate
Msg: 4 (view)

Gordon Ramsay - Shark Bait documentary
Posted: 5/21/2012 5:11:23 PM
Yes, it is very disturbing that such significant waste comes of such an idiotic dish.
They are alive when they cut off the fins and throw them back into the ocean...
 OopstooLate
Msg: 43 (view)

Why Are Women So Mean to Other Women?
Posted: 5/20/2012 6:00:43 PM

I've always been fascinated by how women will be nice to each other in person, yet talk bad about each other in private.
You really don't see that sort of thing among men.

Unfortunately this thread only reasserts that.
It's a pretty sick, destructive cycle.

BUT I've seen men do it too, though I've rarely met men who will repress feelings of anxiety to such a point that they feel victimized, they let it go so far and then put their foot down.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 5 (view)

Game of Thrones
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:23:24 PM

she's the worst. So is Catelyn

I couldn't agree more. She's a serious c*nt...
 OopstooLate

Reality shows...yes, HELL no or maybe?
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:12:08 PM
No, I don't care for them at all, except Mobwives cuz those chick are whacked...and I've only seen it 3 times.

I'd rather remove my own eyeballs with a rusty knife than watch Big Brother, American Idol or Survivor...gross
 OopstooLate
Msg: 203 (view)

People who hate cats -- why?
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:58:37 PM
Domestic cats account for 500,000,000 bird deaths annually according to the American Bird Conservancy. While there is no shortage of cats, our birds are under severe threats of continued existence.

Lol...if a domesticated cat can kill a bird, that bird is not "fit". The removal of it from the population enhances the community's fitness.

Aristotle is correct, we should be more concerned about pesticides, disease (including that **** of a fungus that is killing off all the bats) and loss of habitat/migrational routes.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 2 (view)

Game of Thrones
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:46:45 PM
Books are way better, though I certainly do not agree that he is the "next" Tolkien (possibly I'm biased).
My fave characters are John Snow and Arya, and they both only get better as the books go on...too bad the douche wont get the next book written till the HBO series has caught up.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 24 (view)

Who do people compare you too???
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:35:38 AM

I think you look a lot like a young Cybill Sheppard. A really strong resemblance

I can deal with that, you know why?

Cuz I'm worth it....lol

I just hope time will be a little kinder to me...lol

http://dreamchimney.com/tracks/28004

I also agree that Filly looks like Cher pre-surgery.
 OopstooLate

Who do people compare you too???
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:19:06 AM
When I was in high school I had really short hair and everyone said I looked like Mia Farrow and Dolores O'riordan (sp?).
Later with chin or shoulder length red hair it was Gillian Anderson.

With long bleach blonde hair I have been likened to Pamela Anderson, but not in a classy way...lol

Most often though people just say I look like my mom.

Part Deux, I totally agree with all those...Milla especially.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 7 (view)

Do women kiss on the first date to be just nice?
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:31:31 PM
Not me.
I do it cuz I like to stick my tongue down people's throats...mmmm stranger saliva.
 OopstooLate

The Infamous Duckface
Posted: 5/16/2012 12:05:05 PM
I never make duck face...I hate ducks.
I do however make dork face...because my face doesn't seem to think smiling is a natural thing.
Also, I am a dork so it just channels through the camera.
 OopstooLate

**Raw-Vegan Recipes and networking.**
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:34:25 AM

Yes, actually, it was only a few months ago as we're going to begin the whole family thing and it came out just fine

Did it come out average?
An average is determined via normalization, the average has fallen consistently over the last 60 years, most doctors compare against the average.

http://www.ispub.com/journal/the-internet-journal-of-urology/volume-2-number-1/the-sperm-count-has-been-decreasing-steadily-for-many-years-in-western-industrialised-countries-is-there-an-endocrine-basis

I'm not attempting to win any argument here, so please do not assume that is my motivation. My field is conservation science and trends in toxicity concern me. If I were in the financial position to do it properly I would remove all plastic products from our home and only eat organic and homegrown.

You might consider reading up on William McDonough, he tackles toxicity issues in his design and is very upfront about toxic materials in things like children's toys.

http://www.nndb.com/people/296/000106975/

Good luck with the starting a family, it is very rewarding.
 OopstooLate
Msg: 12 (view)

**Raw-Vegan Recipes and networking.**
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:57:30 AM
When any kind of plastic is heated, the softer the plastic the worse, molecules migrate from the plastic into whatever substance is surrounding/filling it.
In order to make a good cup of coffee the water has to be heated to 90-97 degrees Celsius, similarly so does the water with which you mix baby formula, hence rules regarding heating plastics in the microwave and the BPA free fad.
The Keurig uses heated water and transfers it into plastic, note also that it has an aluminum lid which is also lined with epoxy resin (just like the tin cans you get your beans and alphagetti out of), a petrochemically derived polymer.

While Keurig's K-cups are BPA free, that is inconsequential.

Have you ever wondered what they replaced BPA with?

It is necessary to add hardeners and softeners to plastic in order to get it to the right consistency, when they remove BPA they need to add another compounds, usually ones that have not yet been tested for toxicity, so you replace the devil you know for one you are ignorant of...
 OopstooLate

What if...
Posted: 5/14/2012 6:46:00 PM
I'm assuming you mean a significant amount of money...a million would just be enough to make me (and my family) comfortable for my entire life.

If I won a crazy ass amount of $$$$ then my bestie would receive her wood paneled Porsche, various other loved ones would receive large (too large to hide) gold plated sculptures of chickens (outstretched wings), over-sized velvet matador paintings (by popular artists), and of course huge pieces of phallic art.
It's always been my dream to provide my friends and family with useless and/or absurd oddities.

Edit>>>LOl..cover_me that's from veggie tales!

Edit for below>>>My best friend bought me the Klingon Hamlet one year for my birthday. It's pretty great.

Show ALL Forums