4 Lines
Posted: 4/15/2014 8:16:49 AM
deep in the eye of perception
self protection or predilection
all in the name of fun
trying to share some
 swamp_dude
Msg: 123 (view)

would you turn down a relationship with someone who believes in a God?
Posted: 4/15/2014 8:11:59 AM
spiritual but not religious

Want to create their own truths because they can't accept reality as it is

1. I think most of the people who say things like this do not actually know what reality is ... well in reality ... non of us actually know what reality is ... all we have is our own perception of reality from the actions and reactions that have occurred around us during our life experience .... All that book reading and net cruising is antidotal.

2. The people I have heard say that most often are agnostic and don't really want to talk about religion at all. Some believe in ancient astronauts and ufo's and psychic phenomenon etc. and some just want to get you off their backs and stop the inquisition.

Now ... let's get back to the real question and stop the b.s. attacks on atheists, agnostics, theists. I wouldn't date any of the attackers ... pro or con god. They are just too emotional about it all or too stuck in the mud of it all.

Fortunately most people are not devout in any direction because they are too busy living and trying to be part of this reality that they don't really understand so will not argue for or against.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 82 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 3/1/2014 1:31:16 PM
WTF you should ... just let it go .... because you lost.
your focus on stats ... lost
your criminalize it more lost ... to the UN
so have fun in your imaginary world.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 78 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:20:56 AM

At this point you're just good for a laugh. Keep 'em coming. So now being a prostitute is no different than being an ice cream vendor? Think of it this way, what does an ice cream vendor give up when he/she is robbed as compared to a prostitute?

you're the confused guy that wanted ... just any other job ... relationship ... so there y0u are .. a street relationship that blows your stupid argument out of the water.

you are losing your argument completely at this point. .. [oh ... and buskers and panhandlers are not all homeless hobos , that make you sound like a bigoted *&%#]

here is another stat for your confused brain that is worried about the rape of prostitutes so very much.... since the street robbery [vendors and oh ... buskers are not hobos, that make you sound like a bigot which becomes a waste of time communicating with] seems to mean nothing to you.

Okay ... here is a Bureau of Justice statistic for you .... in relation to rape ... one of your big concerns in this discussion.
?In 2005-10, 78% of sexual violence involved an offender who was a family member, intimate partner, friend, or acquaintance.

so ... the real danger is not being a prostitute on the street and especially not in a brothel. ... You are more of a threat.

swamp_dude
Msg: 89 (view)

Banks and the financial system
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:10:57 AM
**^^^^** maybe it should ... but because of the example you explained above ... it doesn't .... the value has already been used from previous promises. and then because of outside influences .... the money market ... the value arbitrarily changes with demand by the speculators.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 76 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/26/2014 12:52:05 PM
^^^^ I take it you were looking in the mirror and talking to yourself on that last sentence... another lame duck answer.

If you want street stats to count ... ask how many buskers and panhandlers have been robbed or assaulted in the last year or two. then compare your useless exagerated stats.

and again with your un stats ... they are the ones recommending legalization or at least decriminalization globally

Here is some cherry picking for ya ... even though stats are hard to find but in this post from the LA Times shows street stuff in a larger light.

Ramon Romero, owner of El Paraiso Paleteria, which supplies 45 ice cream vendors in the Florence area of South-Central Los Angeles, says at least one of his vendors is robbed every week
 swamp_dude
Msg: 152 (view)

There is no such thing as time, and thus no such thing as death
Posted: 2/26/2014 6:42:56 AM
The biggest problem with time ... is its momentary consciousness. We live in moments of time and nobody is able to quantify those moments. This leaves it in an abstract conceptual state within our conscious understanding.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 74 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/26/2014 6:22:45 AM

One more time, economic differences is basically the only condition required for human trafficking.

One more time ... human trafficking takes place in the drywall industry, textiles ... and many other industries ... and even in speculative , no industry involved ... so get those statistics out of your confused brain and this argument/discussion

oh and you like the UN stat on this ... but don't like the UN recommendations ... way to go. so we will go the other way ....

So if you're happy with those stats and can, with a straight face, say that prostitution is just like any other job, then you've got me. I would however like to see another job with such criminal risk involved
There you go again ... cherry picking one side of the post and ignoring the other ... the side he was stressing ... the non street side ... and also those stats are in the illegal prostitution sector .... so invalid.

Keep your cherry picking straight face and keep posting b.s. and ignoring the actual gist of the articles and gist of everyone else's positions.

Nobody is trying to say an IT job wouldn't be better ... but as those articles and interviews stated .... there are women who do choose the profession and do not want you to save them. For their human rights ... they should have the rights ... and it is our place to try and make it safer and maintain their rights. ....

Please post the link to your statistics ... or they are bogus too.
 Swamp_dude
Msg: 67 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/25/2014 4:33:38 PM
Trying to find you some valid stats ... but there is major bias and problems in most that I've found so far.

problem 1 http://sex-crimes.laws.com/prostitution/prostitution-statistics

says 22 countries have legal prostitution then go to state a bunch of stats from countries where it is not legal ...
making all thoses stats useless.

problem 2 http://www.humanityinaction.org/knowledgebase/312-the-audacity-of-tolerance-a-critical-analysis-of-legalized-prostitution-in-amsterdam-s-red-light-district ... who the hell are they?
... nice article full of bias and no real statistics ... useless in our search.

Talk of influx from other areas is again a bogus argument since the truth is the legalization needs to be in more than one jurisdiction/country surrounded my so many larger and or poorer countries ...
makes for bogus arguments.

3rd site on stats ... http://findingjustice.org/prostitution-statistics/ bogus again ...
stats are from illegal areas . USa so imbedded in the criminality of the USA.

referrence to NZ is made in comments and the author tries to fluff it off but he looks lame. And even in NZ ... until SE Asia and Australia and Mylasia do the same ... the full effect will not be realized.

here is someone totally against your position ... with stats .. not that I can validate the stats ... but neither can you.
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/12/22/185323/82

Here is a valid researcher from George Washington University, USA .... and you should read his research ...http://www.gwu.edu/~soc/docs/Weitzer/Prostitution_Facts.pdf

I also find it very hard to oppose the UN report recommendations for their reasons.

and back to the UofT professor's interview ... she did not want the Federal government to get reinvolved in the prostitution laws.
 Swamp_dude
Msg: 150 (view)

Posted: 2/25/2014 3:52:50 PM
Ah ... and then we so believe ... "Time is Money" ... so ... now we can debate the existence of money. especially since its value is always being adjusted too.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 5283 (view)

First Line, Last Line (Part Deux)
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:37:21 AM
less divorces
less special forces
lest we forget
have no regret
with the right bet
you move past go
then "what do you know?"
its on with the show
don't blow it
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1314 (view)

Pick a line, any line, from the poem above (props to W)
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:34:49 AM
don't talk the talk
walk the walk
even on a really short dock
use coloured chalk
never balk
swing for the fence my friend
it works much better in the end
 swamp_dude
Msg: 3816 (view)

8 Line Poetry Stanzas - Use Last Line 4 First Line
Posted: 2/24/2014 10:32:45 AM
an electric pocket warmer for those cold nights
seems like a good idea unless it bites
then my frozen fingers might not like that place
also I still need to heat up my face
so a handy bellaclava and warm turtle neck
extra layer socks for "what the heck"
all going with my nice goose down outerwear
lets me wander in winter almost anywhere
 swamp_dude
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2014 10:28:39 AM
I can live with that ... lol ... and I guess I have been ... lol
 swamp_dude
Msg: 143 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2014 10:13:58 AM
So ... is the "real" 4th dimension just an axis on a mathematical matrix? and not have a place in our experience?
 swamp_dude
Msg: 81 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2014 10:06:01 AM
WTF your ... vaguely understanding my supposed vague understanding is a joke... go read the post again. nothing vague involved... complete understanding should be obvious.

the example was for your confused mind to be able to relate it to your person when you can't see that the bank is in essence doing the same thing.... collateral is just that and does not guarantee a value to the IOU.

rethink your insulting position and look in the mirror as you do it.

I know legislation can fix it the subprime problem ... but it still happened. And people still default and collateral does not always cover the loan. So ... the IOU of that loan is not necessarily of the same value that it gets sold for. the created money does not always exist or come into existence. [loans are IOU's my friend , even if you don't think they are]
 swamp_dude
Msg: 65 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/24/2014 9:37:38 AM
They were talking about this on CBC yesterday because the Canadian Government is being pushed to rethink their position because the Supreme court UNAMOUSLY struck down the present laws on prostitution.
A law professor from UofT was explaining why and its mainly because how poorly they work and how they are unconstitutional.
I love laymen who think they know better than the Supreme Court.
The drive for new legislation in her eyes should not be as strong as a drive to use present legislation on Health and Safety and zoning etc. to make the industry conform to normal standards that will allow for a better life for all involved.

The criminal element would then be no greater than any other business. [and that is its own problem]
 swamp_dude
Msg: 101 (view)

Use of Marijuana for medicinal purposes. What's your take on this?
Posted: 2/23/2014 3:41:23 AM
All I can do is to recommend that everyone look into how Portugal has handled the drug problem and then press your own government to admit the positive results that Portugal has obtained ... then copy their approach.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 61 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/23/2014 3:36:51 AM
WTF ... you are out of it for sure.... we do have it fully illegal for the Johns ... where do you live? ... and it does not work ... we need to fix it with new ways ... your way does not work and has been proven to not work for as long as we have had these laws.

oh ... and you are the guy bringing up world statistics for your bad argument... so I mentioned other world events ... and you don't like that ... too bad.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 70 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2014 3:24:02 AM
too funny ... did you actually read the wiki post that explained the out of thin air thing.... or not?

It states ... there is some truth to the statement ... but of course to you guys ... that is ignored for your own personal opinion. ... cool. let's go over it again ... because its not fully understood.

Where did the IOU come from? Was it created from thin air? More or less. Yes, a certain amount of paper and ink and work might have been involved in producing it, so its production didn’t come with zero cost. But typically the cost of making the promise will be so low in proportion to the amount promised, that we don’t go far wrong in thinking of the promise as having been produced from thin air, created ex nihilo as it were. And it is not as though to make a promise I have to pull the promise out of my pre-existing promise stash. The promise doesn’t really come from anywhere. There is no effective limit on my ability to make promises beyond the length of my lifespan, and the number of people in the world to whom I might make them. But the fact that my ability to make promises is virtually unlimited does not mean that my ability to get my promises accepted is virtually unlimited. Some people and some commercial entities have a much easier time getting their promises accepted than do others. Making promises is a lot easier than making credible promises; and accepting a promise that you personally find credible might be a lot easier than trading such a promise to someone else. To trade away any promises you possess, you must be able to convince others that they should find the promise just as credible as you did when you first acquired it. Also, once I have made a promise and had it accepted, I am bound in a way I wasn’t before. The holder of the promise possesses a legally binding claim on my assets

it kind of becomes a grey area in all of this debate...
much like the grey area of how I value what you value and what something is really worth in this free market

I agree with the credit vs debt based society ... but that credit base is very biased in its development and also very hard to be any other way. who's your daddy?

the IOU's values are not really set in stone until they are paid and their imagined value is kind of the thin air thing that is passed around in these sub prim bundles etc. This is where the problem was. ... treating these IOU's as actual money when they were yet to become real wealth.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 57 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/22/2014 12:59:05 PM

So, I'm going to leave it up to you to prove that prostitution is in fact safe, healthy and as sound as any other job/business

as any other job? .... get a grip boy.... how safe is mining in most of the world... you seem to like world statistics.
how safe is working in the tanneries of Morocco ... there are lots of unsafe , unhealthy jobs all over the globe.

We have a profession that has been around forever and you just seem to think we can legislate it out of existence . Pretty dumb is what I think. We need to change its relationship , one way or another to make it healthier and safer. No, it will never be completely safe , which is the only way you will accept it ...WTF ... this is not a perfect world and never will be. No job is completely safe ... for there are no guarantees in life no matter how much insurance you buy or how many guards you hire. Life is inherently dangerous.

Lets try to make it a little safer for some of these exploited and abused women that you just want to go away.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 186 (view)

Over 50-Where do you go when you are lonely?
Posted: 2/22/2014 12:40:36 PM
The real problem is having enough of your own stuff and finances in decent shape that you now distrust the other people you see as potential users , abusers, layabouts, and just plain irresponsible.

I kind of remember ... way back when ... I had nothing but a future to imagine
debt from student loans and a car
my own skill and ambition and I was open to pretty much anyone that struck a resonant note with me.
Ah ... those were the days... I fell in and out of love with resilience and didn't worry about alcoholics or people in debt.
I was often alone and never lonely even though some people thought I was ... they were wrong.

I do think I should cultivate some ambition and continue to use my skills to create the next future and if love falls in or out ... I need to continue to be resilient.
Forever young in attitude will benefit your life.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 2/22/2014 12:26:05 PM
What is also true about the banks creating money from thin air ... is the interest paid on the asset.
Yes the asset exists and yes you have shown the ability to pay to get the loan ... but the interest on that loan is money that previously did not exist.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 41 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2014 9:40:22 PM
Governments may be the biggest customer for spending but the overall population is much larger and it is consumer confidence in their own spending that actually drives the economy ... the downfalls are pretty much always people stopping their spending out of fear. due to whatever. ... the actual collapse in 2008 was driven by fear and people pulling their money out of the economy ... so much of it too late to do anything but speed the downfall and guarantee their own losses.

the bail out was only needed because people in general were not willing to do the required spending. Our economy rests on the fickle attitude of the fund managers more than the government.

Banks used to be just banks and held and borrowed money but now they sell insurance and promote stocks and have major conflicts of interest ... if the government had any balls they would force the banks to be just banks again. And for them to settle for the pretty much guaranteed profits that are respectable but not exponential like they presently strive to have by any means possible.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2014 5:17:54 PM
Your model does not allow for the creation of wealth through labour ... or the acquisition of natural resources , which in fact is the main component of the economic growth of so much of the global economy.
Oil wells and gold mines etc. the $ is printed in accordance to what the government thinks is needed to allow for the flow of business in the economy and then the global money markets determine the value of that dollar in relation to other currencies.... that is where the gdp comes in and all the speculation any market has.

Corporations also create money by creating stock issues and then selling them to prospective investors.
your whole argument is way to simplified.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 5274 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2014 5:00:58 PM
let out a howl before we spoon
let everyone know we are in this dark room
the fork and the knife get left at the table
for this bowl of cherries we're really quit able

some delicate spooning will fulfill our desires
consuming and mooning as we get higher
the looming empty bowl doesn't bother us much
as we evolve from that special touch
 swamp_DUDE
Msg: 3798 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2014 4:53:25 PM
icicles come crashing, setting lovers free
for a few dollars more they get the specialty
shrimp a la carte with marinated frogs
all ya need to do is wrestle it from the dogs

as diamonds disappear from the resulting fog
the lovers casually stroll across the bog
wondering what to do with this new found freedom
they remember the brochures and start to read them
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1306 (view)

Posted: 2/16/2014 4:46:33 PM
its just not fair
unbelievable hair
the premier chair
everyone's stare
why do they care
its like I'm not there
so where else might I be
some alternate reality
the back seat of a taxi
on the upper limbs of a tree
just trying to be free
 swamp_dude
Msg: 34 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/14/2014 8:47:26 AM
Legalize ... organize and Unionize. The real criminals are the Union busters.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 27 (view)

Prostitution
Posted: 2/13/2014 9:18:28 AM
Well .... in Canada {Toronto] we caught a human trafficking case of drywall construction workers that were held in slavery in a basement ... they were trafficked from Portugal .... so .... does this mean we should make drywalling illegal?

You can't stop bad guys from being bad guys by passing laws that actually take away human rights and choice for others.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 4 (view)

Are Latino men different from Gringos?
Posted: 2/10/2014 4:10:48 PM
I hate generalizations that border on racism
 swamp_dude
Msg: 51 (view)

meds when u r older & side effects
Posted: 2/10/2014 3:53:12 PM
with sub categories of
Over the Counter
Under the Table
Experimental prescriptions
Working prescription
Other
 swamp_dude
Msg: 3789 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2014 3:49:08 PM
living in the moment
feeling fine about it all
can't say how long it will last
that's someone else's call

vibrating inside the theory
are we being strung along
that's a valid query
maybe should write a song
 swamp_dude
Msg: 5268 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2014 3:44:04 PM
over me
I see you are
under me
won't get too far

in front of me
you don't want to be
behind me
its hard to see

on top of me
the weight of the load
beside me
let's walk down the road
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1290 (view)

Posted: 2/10/2014 3:40:21 PM
rewinding memories of yesterday
now sit and watch the picture play
You might not be in every shot
water fun's contagious when its hot

those where the days of daisy chains
of electric cool-aid and wandering brains
the pain of forgetting would be too much
so I keep a copy in the hutch

then when friends or family show up
we sit around and drink a cup
maybe two or three depending on content
laughing about those past events
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1015 (view)

4 Lines
Posted: 2/10/2014 3:33:50 PM
the winds stopped blowing
the sun came out
so I crawled under and fixed my truck
whorah goes the shout
 swamp_dude
Msg: 139 (view)

Posted: 2/9/2014 12:24:33 PM
sorry drink ... look is a mistake[one of those short on time brain farts] ... but please don't pray ... that will drive some people off the deep end.
Even though there is no time for them to do it , the entropy will make it happen
 swamp_dude
Msg: 79 (view)

When it comes to finding a relationship, are you ambitious, or are you a slacker?
Posted: 2/9/2014 12:17:47 PM
yea ... and if its as good as his matching algorithm .... its a total waste of time and space.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1013 (view)

4 Lines
Posted: 2/9/2014 12:10:10 PM
justification is one thing
who do think is pulling the strings
stop and listen to the birds sing
back on the move as the bell rings
 swamp_dude
Msg: 3787 (view)

Posted: 2/8/2014 8:43:49 AM
she sneered
he leered
their piers sat quietly drinking cõcktails
the clock seemed to stop

she cheered
he teared
as the band stepped out of the shadows
when that snare shot dropped
 swamp_dude
Msg: 137 (view)

Posted: 2/8/2014 8:37:14 AM
so ... why are you pretending that its a fact? ... all your redundant dribble in this forum is implying that ... despite all your denial.
and why are you bringing up my little musing .... which if you do comprehend English ... the statements use the word "may" as a disclaimer to it being any kind of fact. ..... try it some time, in your parroting.

you are the crazy dude .... and I'm laughing... but like look says .... that's fun.

Oh ... and how about your explanation of life ... braaaak. so we can then deal with death.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 1006 (view)

4 Lines
Posted: 2/8/2014 8:25:49 AM
unintentional
interventional
realization
revitalization
 swamp_dude
Msg: 66 (view)

Girlfriend Stayed the night at her friends house (male)
Posted: 2/6/2014 7:32:17 AM
Well .............. you either "trust" her or you "don't" trust her.

you make the choice.

former ... have a great life
later ... without trust your relationship is doomed.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 30 (view)

Was I wrong?
Posted: 2/6/2014 6:50:06 AM
I'm with ... bebedelu... msg 20 ...... there is something fishy about this story as to the fish profile part .

and "Lucy, yuzz gotz somz esplainin to do" ... there is a lack of full disclosure in those hours of phone calls at the end of the summer.

As for the problem of her not listening .... let her read this forum ... you don't need to be a member to do that .... just send her a link. If the rest is honest disclosure well ... she can see your pain, confusion, and our opinions.
What will be , will be, thereafter.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 176 (view)

Over 50...Are We Now Invisible?
Posted: 2/5/2014 11:48:06 AM
Thanks VK for the PM invite but not much into that these days ... also understand the stuck age thing. [same here and who cares when its mostly the forums I'm into]. I also noticed the attitude thing seems to have gotten mentioned by you and that you must understand that too and what DP said was solid.
We intelligent folk will put on our costumes for the events we partake in ... be that cycling, walking, golf, party time, dance club time, or board of directors time. That is kind of normal and in a sense will make us invisible to outsiders and partly visible to insiders. If we want to be visible to everyone then the trick is to wear the wrong costume.
The result may not be what you desire though.

Searching for that love, soul-mate, partner, is not something you really should be doing directly with driving intent. You will most likely become disillusioned, bitter and feel very lonely. Not at all what you desire.
Best to do the things you like, in places that may provide the opportunity to be with people of the opposite sex {if that is your preference] and socialize honestly, chatting about your interest and desires. Then you may just one day find that partner, mate, lover but even if you don't, you will feel good, because you are doing the things you like to do and discussing your interests and desires.
 swamp_dude
Msg: 255 (view)

Time Travel-Is it possible?
Posted: 2/5/2014 11:12:00 AM
too funny and too specialized a search ... lol the fools.
they should have done the search for something really big that would really mean something to the future.

like Justin Bieber being arrested or the mayor of Toronto smoking crack. .. lol
 swamp_dude
Msg: 999 (view)

4 Lines
Posted: 2/5/2014 11:04:08 AM
a crumb may just be enough to survive on
we cannot eat diamonds despite illusionary value
a fresh glass of water might be just what you need
unrequited love creates unnecessary pain for you
 Swamp_Dude
Msg: 5261 (view)

Posted: 2/5/2014 9:18:35 AM
so I see past your darkest night
its easy for me without your fright
I know you would love to feel my way
still that darkness seems to stay

a hollow feeling within the heart
beating erratically from the start
noticing time crawling way too slow
you wish this moment would quickly go
 swamp_Dude
Msg: 1283 (view)

Posted: 2/5/2014 9:13:14 AM
twin hybrid electric drive composite shell
hope it don't catch fire creating a hemp smell
driving along some busy congested street
me thinks it might feel better to be using my feet

Show ALL Forums