Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
 raxarsr
Msg: 49 (view)

Election 2014: Karma is a b!tch
Posted: 10/21/2014 9:27:47 PM
it never ceases to amaze me when i hear a liberal saying that the republicans refuse to compromise..............do you understand the meaning of this word?

an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.

hmmmmmmmm

i seem to recall that at the time of the government shutdown every single thing sent to the senate by the congress was immediately tabled

matter of fact not one single bill or even memo sent by the republican controlled house to the senate has been read on the floor......harry ried has tabled EVERYTHING
 raxarsr
Msg: 13 (view)

How can I spice up my chili?
Posted: 10/14/2014 8:05:46 PM
best way i've found is to get a small can of habanero's in adobe sauce..............clean out the seeds...chop en fine and add the pepers and sauce.still not hot enough..add the seeds.....................also.....get a couple anahiem and pableno chillis.......fore roast the skns off.....chop fine and add.....not a lot of heat...bot it really "balances" the chilli
 raxarsr
Msg: 1245 (view)

Have all the really older guys given up?
Posted: 10/14/2014 1:44:15 AM
well.....cant speak for all men.............but i've noticed that a lot of women keep their figure by a vigorus exercise of jumping to conclusions
 raxarsr
Msg: 157 (view)

Off-Grid Living?
Posted: 10/11/2014 6:19:11 AM
a bit..............but not enough

most solar systems are battery systems.............the extra energy is stored in batteries.............however....unless you have a lot of solar panels....and a lot of batteries.......your not able to run everything 24/7 solar panels simply cant generate that much energy............ok.......yes...........if you have a massive amount of panels......but the average rooftop system...no way.........my cousin.who lives in the desert where sunshine is pretty much every day year round.......still needs a generator to assure he has enough power for everything

a combination of solar and wind power is a lot more reliable..........however.........getting the permits for a wind turbine can be quite a hassle...........the very same folks who rant about "green" energy also rant that windmills kill birds................also.......lots of times the neighbors complain about having to look at your windmill all the time

one thing to remember about wind and water turbines..........speed equals power..............spin a wind turbine at say............30 revolutions a min..............you get x amount of energy.............spin it at 300 ...........you get 1000 times as much......thats why steam turbines.........[nuulear, coal, gas]........are such great prouducers..................should you be able to install a water turbine.............unless you have something like the hoover dam........your not going to produce lots of extra energy..........though.........water turbines are better than wind or solar
 raxarsr
Msg: 155 (view)

Off-Grid Living?
Posted: 10/10/2014 5:55:30 PM
this discussion has gone from off grid living to survival living.............2 very different things

off grid living is reletively easy.........but it does take planning and careful fore thought

survival living on the other hand.....is pretty much hand to mouth.........fully 75% of your time will be spent trying to find and store enough food to get by........plus gathering firewood.........then theres all the other chores that need doing

at one time.........i might have been willing to try the survivalist life............not anymore.......while my hunting and fishing skills are as good as ever....physically...there aint no way
 raxarsr
Msg: 17 (view)

Does a man need to feel needed?
Posted: 10/1/2014 12:04:58 PM
do we want to feel needed?............interesting question..........i think you could ask if we want to feel wanted........i think a lot of guys see both questions as the same thing.................sure.....i like doing things around the house..........but if thats all a woman wants from me...........she better be paying cash...........

a guy wants to feel both wanted and needed........be it for conversation .......killing spiders or putting up the storm windows
 raxarsr
Msg: 69 (view)

Slow cooker apple butter for canning.
Posted: 9/30/2014 12:49:11 PM
bumping this again
 raxarsr
Msg: 3 (view)

Things going too fastÉ you decide
Posted: 9/21/2014 2:15:33 AM
really odd?....................not really.............if the spark is there..its there............just go with it and good luck
 raxarsr
Msg: 5 (view)

How does this work??
Posted: 9/13/2014 4:20:46 PM
once i started thinking about it.i realized that i got a lot more messages and responses after i'd been here a while and had posted here in the forums.................not that i get a ton of messages..........but the number did go way up

your profile is your number 1 asset here....make sure its interesting and has some humor in it
 raxarsr
Msg: 30 (view)

Nude cellphone photos
Posted: 9/5/2014 7:32:13 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm..seems a bunh of folks think its ok to be hacked and have pics posted because."you shouldnt take nude pics"

hmmmmmmmmmm

what about you same folks..suppose your computer got hacked......or your id.....your banks computers?.......and all your stuff was stolen........still ok?.....why not?..you should know better that putting your info out there.

simple fact is.someone illegally looked for those pics and them posted them publicly......sorry....but thats a crime.........not much different than any other kind of theft
 raxarsr
Msg: 26 (view)

OK Sports Fans it's Bowl Time...Chili, Snack, Dip
Posted: 9/3/2014 6:45:08 PM
dr pepper bbq sauce is basically your favorite bbq sauce and add a can of dr pepper...........its fantastic in a crock pot
 raxarsr
Msg: 4 (view)

To recline ... or not recline!
Posted: 9/3/2014 12:12:47 PM
double...i wouldnt kick the seat.................aint in my nature.........

my point was..nobody has the "right" to inconviance anyone
 raxarsr
Msg: 26 (view)

Hey good looking, and others, what ya got cooking?
Posted: 9/3/2014 7:41:57 AM
havnt made it yet............but very soon i'll be making dove breasts wrapped in bacon over an open fire with friends.........we do it every year when we get enough doves........definately a meal i look forward to
 raxarsr
Msg: 2 (view)

To recline ... or not recline!
Posted: 9/2/2014 11:34:36 PM
and suppose the person behind you decides to kick your seat the entire flight?..............after all..if its your right to make them uncomfortable.....they have the same right to make you uncomfortable

best idea?...........right side of the plane can recline.............left cant
 raxarsr
Msg: 10 (view)

Should I get a behind the ear or a completly in the canal hearing aid?
Posted: 9/1/2014 8:35:49 AM
one advantage of the behind the ear type..they are indeed more noticible......but.being so...people tend to be a bit louder and more precise talking to you
 raxarsr

Is a new war on the horizon?
Posted: 8/18/2014 6:54:05 PM
well.................theres already been a bunch of wind farms turned down because of killing birds.....................lots of water turbines turned down because of fish kills
 raxarsr
Msg: 22 (view)

What's up with flight MH17?
Posted: 7/21/2014 7:02:52 PM
i gotta admit.............i cant help wondering if its not a case of some untrained idiot playing with a new toy
 raxarsr
Msg: 10 (view)

Any tiny home dwellers?
Posted: 7/16/2014 11:35:05 AM
the trouble with a home on wheels such as a small trailer is that the plumbing/electrical systems simply are not up to full time use............the self contained mobile home units are better...but you will always need a sewer disposal and fresh water source.......but again...unless you spend $60 k or better.[new price].......the systems are still designed ffor occasional use.....................also.....if you drive the trailer/cheaper mobile home......they tend to rattle themselves apart....so maintanance will be higher

i do know several folks who live in tiny houses..one guy has a house thats 16x20......he loves it....but hes a loner that prefers living "rough"........he has all amenities..............sewer..........water.......makes his own electricity has free natural gas heat and lights......[his land is leased to an oil company.......part of the agreement is free natural gas]
 raxarsr
Msg: 17 (view)

Winchime ideas needed to make my own.
Posted: 7/14/2014 1:00:52 AM
i would stay away from glass/bottles........not worth the risk................i have seen some made from sea shells..............no idea how they might sound though
 raxarsr
Msg: 15 (view)

Things to do in Vegas
Posted: 7/12/2014 10:09:22 AM
i have a friend who was just there........his favorite part?.........he went to the gold and silver pawnshop of the history channels "pawn stars" fame.................he said the place was really cool
 raxarsr
Msg: 233 (view)

Is It Rape If She Consents and Changes Her Mind During the Act?
Posted: 7/11/2014 12:06:38 PM
no ALWAYS means no........ALWAYS..............there are NO EXCEPTIONS.....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 raxarsr
Msg: 9 (view)

Do condoms encourage more promiscuous sex?
Posted: 7/11/2014 12:05:17 PM
i think that maybe way back in the 70's they might have.............mostly because they were a bit tough to get..they were kept behind the counter.and a lot of guys .espically teens.........were a tad embaressed to ask for them....for a girl?...........it was even worse...at least the guys could go to a bowling alley or truckstop restroom and find a vending machine...................remember.back then.sex was still "dirty" so to speak

now days............i dont think they have near as much inpact
 raxarsr
Msg: 8 (view)

Winchime ideas needed to make my own.
Posted: 7/11/2014 7:22:39 AM
go to a hardware store and buy electrical conduit.........its fairly inexpensive and its soft steel..easy to cut with a hacksaw...and easy to drill.......shoot......they might even have short pieces they would be happy to get rid of.............also.....an add on craigslist might get you a bunch for free

i would suggest a roll of stovepipe wire.....[wire clothes hangers would work too].......to make loops for the pipes to hang on..fishing line would proubly wear thru.............get around 30 lb test line...........

you can use copper pipe too........but thats gonna be expensive
 raxarsr
Msg: 6 (view)

History of No long term relationship
Posted: 7/11/2014 1:19:56 AM
well................i know one guy who didnt marry till in his 40's..........never really had any long term relationships...........he was taking care of his sickly parents from the time he was 20 till he reached 40
 raxarsr
Msg: 9 (view)

She asks me to be exclusive and says she wants to try it with me then doesn't want to know me?
Posted: 6/30/2014 12:28:30 AM
easy.she got a bigger better deal......................like the others said.....get checked for std's
 raxarsr

Frozen Yogurt
Posted: 6/24/2014 12:54:30 AM
dont know if i'd chop up the strawberries too fine.....your machine should handle that chore.......and mashing the strawberries in the machine should infuse more flavor,,,,,,,,,,,,it works that way in an ice cream maker anyway
 raxarsr

Do girls ever change their feelings for guys?
Posted: 6/21/2014 12:28:04 AM
yes it happens........fairly often.....i know one or 2 couples who were "just friends .for years..........now......they are married to each other......so yeah,....it happens
 raxarsr

Let's not kid ourselves. Dating sites are all about the pics.
Posted: 6/21/2014 12:12:52 AM
hes good looking and hes a bad boy.........................i dont care what all the "bad boy" threads have said............this is proof being played out for all to see
 raxarsr
Msg: 52 (view)

serious question.............what exactly is sexual assult?
Posted: 6/18/2014 1:27:56 PM
well............i finally got more info......seems that the boy was totally innocent

what happened is this...the picture got taken and the students were told they could move....one of the "touched" girls friends........another girl.........patted her butt and said."we made it".......the girl indeed did yell out........and the teachers and princapals did the right thing and tried to find out what happened........

thanks to digital photography.....they looked at the pic and called all the guys who were close to her aside for questioning.......[but no girls]..........all the guys denied any contact........but the girls guidance councilor got involved and gave all of them the 3rd degree.............finally......the punished boy stated.........."i might have brushed against her.....but i never grabbed her ass"...........well....that single statement was enough for the girls guidance councilor to go apeshyte and demand as severe action as possible.......resulting in his expulsion and loss of diploma....[which has been given to him with lots of appoligies from the school]...........

heres the bad part............when the word got around....the girl that actually patted the other girls butt came forward to the counsilor.....and was promptly dismissed......nor did she pass the information on till a couple days ago

only good thing to come out of this mess is that that paticular girls counsilor is now looking for another job.......and is likely facing a civil lawsuit fro the boys parents
 raxarsr

Everything Ceviche!
Posted: 6/18/2014 1:15:15 PM
jen..........if there are any sunfish around where you live...they are tough to beat.......and trust me.they are so sustainable that they can be a pain in the butt!........other than that........saltwater fish are usually the best ceviche............mahi mahi being one of the best.....but i bet sand shark would be great...use mostly lime juice with sunfish
 raxarsr
Msg: 27 (view)

whatever the local authorities have deemed as such
Posted: 6/10/2014 7:54:29 PM
i have gto............and so have several parents from that school.........[its a neighboring town]

from everything i've heard...its the girls guidance counsilor who is behind everything and raised the ruckus........right now the kid and his family is at the beach...........but from what i've heard about his dad.things are far from over
 raxarsr
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2014 12:23:26 PM
wow...........i never expected some of these replies.......sexually groped?....sexually manhandled?

i've learned a bit more about what happened today..........[talked to the mom of one of the students].........

the class was in their cap and gowns in the gym for the class pic....the girl yelled out."who grabbed my ass"................[btw.this girl has a bit of a history of being a drama queen/class clown].................the girls councilor got involved and decided to raise a big stink..............the girl changed her story several times.............from grabbed to pinched to touched.......the boy who got expelled was chosen because he was the boy standing next to her............not the two guys behind her............also.when he was asked....he said..."i might have....but i didnt do it on purpose".......to which the councilor said "yeah right"

no.........if it was him.....he sure as hell didnt have the right to touch her.....................but i still think the kid was done wrong
 raxarsr

How do I approach her?
Posted: 6/9/2014 10:29:43 PM
lol.........way back in high school...........i dated a girl that me and everyone else thought was way out of my league.[not saying thats you]..................one day on the bus...i was totally zoned out....day dreaming.and without realizing it...looking directly at her...[never would have had the guts to do that any other way]

anyway.she said "would you please stop stareing at me"..........broke me out of my daydream.....totally embaressed me and scared the crap out of me all at the same time............after about 30 seconds i said".yeah..i'm sorry...........i guess a girl as pretty as you gets mighty sick of that"

lol........never saw anyone turn that red that fast........[btw ladies.....blushes are totally unfair]..........we ended up starting to talk......then date for a while..............nothing ever came of it...........but it is a very fond memory
 raxarsr
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2014 10:20:15 PM
ok..the reason i'm asking.....a local kid.......very good student.......college bound..[at least.that was the plan]...never in trouble in school or with the cops.........was just expelled on the day of graduation for pinching/touching a girls butt........[she first said pinch.then changed it to touched...........he was charged with sexual assult....and as it stands right now..didnt graduate nor will he get his diploma...............and it will be on his record

now look..........i know that any..........any unwanted sexual advances are wrong...........but is a high school boys touching of a girls bottom really on the same level as a rape?

i havnt heard much of the boys side...........though i didnt hear of him denying it.........but i also know that when you stand 300 or so high school students on the gym bleachers to take a picture theres liable to be some unintended touching going on......and most likely some that was intended
........but isnt this an example of taking things a bit too far?
 raxarsr
Msg: 8 (view)

Quinoa
Posted: 6/8/2014 1:29:19 PM
why not?......you can eat anything for breakfast.....................shoot.truth be told.............proubly one of the top 15 breakfasts in america is cold pizza

that being said.........quinoa is a grain.......cereal is made from grain...oatmeal is a grain..........so why not?

might be pretty good treated the same as oatmeal
 raxarsr
Msg: 12 (view)

The Mental Health system in America:Why is it failing?
Posted: 6/3/2014 12:29:22 PM
the only thing about mental illness is this.........theres really no set peramiters for a lot of them............depending on what psyciatrist you visit..............and wether or not you've had a bad day..........everybody could be diagnosed as mentally ill

this isnt just my opinion..........watched several programs .......[discovery.learning channel........?].........where this was the subject...........often times............people are deemed mentally ill just because they disagree with their dr

its not like the flu or the common cold
 raxarsr
Msg: 127 (view)

Off-Grid Living?
Posted: 6/2/2014 12:34:06 PM
i think many people think that living off grid means self sufficient...........nothing is farther from the truth.......i have a cousin that lives in arizona....high desert.........he is a doctor......but his house is completely off grid.........solar panels, generaters.......wind mills......................i've never visited him.....but cousins that have say his place is georgous.......not lacking in any comforts............though he doesnt use his air conditioning much
 raxarsr
Msg: 125 (view)

Off-Grid Living?
Posted: 6/1/2014 11:46:57 PM
living off grid really isnt that tough.......in my area.......the amish and mennoites have been doing it for centuires
 raxarsr

Should I be suspicious/ticked?
Posted: 5/27/2014 9:57:01 PM
well............it happens..............i was divorced without knowing a thing about it.......one day i got the divorce decree in the mail.....when i called the courthouse.......i was told ."they tried all avenues at their disposal to contact me"...........hmmmmmm...lets see............my address hadnt changed........my name is in the phone book......and i was home almost every day/all day
 raxarsr
Msg: 15 (view)

How to approach and ask out a stranger?
Posted: 5/20/2014 5:21:49 AM
what poster 11 said....but instead of lunch......give him your number and say "call me sometime"
 raxarsr

A friend of mine just told me she had a registered sex offender move into her apt. complex.
Posted: 5/19/2014 9:19:06 PM
definately check first.....one of the most upstanding young man i know was branded as a sex offender because his [now] wifes father caught them having sex on his 18th birthday..........the girl.[his wife]......is about 6 weeks younger than he is..............2 teens having consensual sex............but hes branded for life as a sex offender
 raxarsr
Msg: 266 (view)

'toooo many fish in the sea?'
Posted: 5/15/2014 11:55:17 AM
its not a problem of having too many fish....................the problem is....there arent enough keepers
 raxarsr

Is he being sincere?
Posted: 5/13/2014 9:26:09 PM
he said your the type of girl he see's settling down with...........not exactly a marriage proposal........i kinda see it as complimentary

big thing is.........did you feel comfortable with him/around him
are you interested in seeing him again?

go with your gut.................but from the little info i have..i'd say hes worth at least one more date
 raxarsr
Msg: 14 (view)

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Posted: 5/10/2014 6:22:16 AM
my mother drinks cherry juice.......a home remedy yes..............but she claims it helps a lot...............8 oz a day
 raxarsr
Msg: 4 (view)

Help! Need a side dish or accompaniment idea!
Posted: 5/7/2014 12:53:49 PM
with salmon...i'd definately go with asparagus.........bit of hollandaise sauce and some lemon juice.........i'd also serve the baby red potatos too
 raxarsr
Msg: 5 (view)

Does a education man intimidate younger women?
Posted: 4/26/2014 11:04:09 PM
i looked at your profile op..............to me you come off as an egotistical snob that thinks hes better than anyone else.................you might want to get a profile review
 raxarsr
Msg: 47 (view)

Pet Suggestions
Posted: 4/26/2014 10:56:39 PM
get him a pet rock.........
 raxarsr
Msg: 7 (view)

Battery Lawnmowers
Posted: 4/24/2014 9:30:03 PM
theres one more choice.........you can get lawnmowers and snowblowers with gas engines that you can plug into an extension cord to start them.............simply unplug the extension cord from the mower after its started and its a regular gas mower
 raxarsr

Anyone here work as a copy/tech writer? Having issues with my work
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:36:40 AM
well..................while i've never worked in your field.......i have worked in a few small companys where several people thought they were the one to give orders..............best thing i ever figured out is go directly to the guy who signs your paycheck and ask him what he wants.............explain whats going on and leave the decision up to him
 raxarsr
Msg: 12 (view)

nice mug or fit body. What do you prefer
Posted: 4/14/2014 8:33:09 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww crap................i miss on both counts

Show ALL Forums