Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What's with all the attitude?
 *rem*
Msg: 17 (view)

What's with all the attitude?
Posted: 6/27/2012 4:22:16 PM

Or is online dating so heavily weighted in the female's favour, they could pretty much come out with any sort of twisted, aggressive nonsense and men, so desperate for any sort of response, will still just like it and lump it?

Yep. Even below average looking women can talk to and meet as many men as they have time for and they do.

You have to meet a player to know one. They go for the same type of guy again and again, and instead of looking at themselves and what they're doing they just blame men in general.

Anyway.. Who is likely to be the biggest players.. men who get few messages... or women who get lots??
 *rem*
Msg: 49 (view)

Ever think someone is out of your league and not messaged them?
Posted: 6/27/2012 3:26:23 PM
"how did he get her" or for that matter "how did she get him" Reality is that loads of couples exist that are "supposedly" a mis match lookswise, and it's not always the case of pretty young gold digger on the arm of a rich old ugly guy

Agreed. I see this all the time, including someone i work with.. He's not ugly but in my opinion his GF is very attractive.
Some women like a "bit of rough" (yes I hate that term too) but maybe we're all missing the point on this thread?

Sometimes in real life you can meet someone and simply miss the opportunity to try to take things a bit further, then never see them again and regret not making a move. But realistically this website is like shooting fish in a barrel... If you keep shooting you'll hit something probably sooner rather than later. But if you keep your powder dry and dont squeeze the trigger the result is guarranteed.. No fish for supper!

I tend to avoid women who's profiles say they're into motorbikes and Led Zeplin etc..
But if you say you like Skrillex and Damian Marley i'd think... hmmmm Interesting.

Truth is i rarely message women because I look for things that tell me we have a lot in common... and there aren't many women in MY league. That doesnt mean my league is any higher or lower than anyone elses though

Moral of the story?
Shoot first, ask questions (of yourself) later
 *rem*
Msg: 8 (view)

Hotel rooms..
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:54:46 PM
So thats a no then, men dont do this and are always the one holding the camera... with one hand..
 *rem*
Msg: 7 (view)

Ever think someone is out of your league and not messaged them?
Posted: 6/26/2012 3:11:24 PM
I don't buy lottery tickets and i don't message many people or expect an answer mainly because Its not cricket to ask a woman "do you date black men?". So dont feel too bad.. I'm consigned to the ugly bin for being black AND ugly so things cant be too bad for you.
Must say i have a lot of respect for the OP saying it the way she sees it
 *rem*
Msg: 1 (view)

Hotel rooms..
Posted: 6/26/2012 2:57:23 PM
Why have a profile picture of yurself in a hotel room?
Ladies, do guys do this?
You know its a hotel room by the fire drill on the back of the door, or the massive headboard with lampshades attatched, or those damn ugly curtains!!
Is it just me that thinks " was it your last bunk up who took the picture?"
 *rem*
Msg: 139 (view)

What words should be banned from profiles?
Posted: 6/25/2012 4:18:03 PM
Real profile:

No i won't meet you for sex, Invite you to my home or just give you my number . Unless you are a multi millionaire who wants to be my sugar daddy . Been played and won't be doing that again .

So if i drop a few notes on you i can shag you?

Next!!
 *rem*
Msg: 40 (view)

what is love?
Posted: 6/25/2012 4:04:35 PM

You "talked yourself into" love, and you can also talk yourself out of it. (As indeed, many people do, at the end of relationships).

Agreed.
 *rem*
Msg: 9 (view)

Quitting smoking and profile updates
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:38:08 PM
Why should you put smoker if you havent smoked for a month? Why put off non smokers when you arent smoking?
You go 6 months then have a bad day and smoke 1 fag... Does that make you a smoker?

P.S
To any of our US viewers I'm not homophobic. Smoking a fag doesn't mean killing homosexuals here.
 *rem*

Quitting smoking and profile updates
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:27:48 PM
Too many ramifications to worry about. Put non smoker immediately.
What are you supposed to do? Give up for a week and still have smoker? A month??....
 *rem*
Msg: 27 (view)

Can people who use POF be trusted once they have found somebody
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:22:27 PM
If your proposed other is an attention junkie and likes being on here, that too can be a problem.
 *rem*
Msg: 15 (view)

Success
Posted: 6/25/2012 3:09:44 PM

Yeah you need to catch them early before they get sick of the guys on here or end up picking players and then become bitter and twisted.

Or find an alternative to daytime tv by talking to every bloke here
 *rem*
Msg: 178 (view)

why you get no reply
Posted: 6/25/2012 2:56:53 PM

Him : Hi, hows things?
Me : What things? Whose things? Which things? Where are these things?

Your things. Your things. Your things. How should I know, they're your things thats why i asked!

No wonder a lot of us don't bother any more.
 *rem*
Msg: 52 (view)

Claim to fame.......
Posted: 5/28/2012 5:32:49 PM
When i was 7 my brother took me to a party in sheffield.

Thin Lizzy were there
 *rem*
Msg: 51 (view)

Claim to fame.......
Posted: 5/28/2012 5:30:50 PM

I was dead chuffed to be drinking coffee outside on the pavement next to Robert Plant

Wolves fan :)
 *rem*
Msg: 32 (view)

Looking for a normal guy?? No Players?? Advice please.....
Posted: 5/25/2012 5:39:52 AM

OMG it's become a male/female hate-fest again !

What the hell is wrong with someone describing themselves as 'normal' ? They simply mean you're not likely to find a wacko or pervert on the first date. Also likely to be a truthful and modest type. What's not to like ?

Really, you people are far too analytical when viewing profiles !

Why not just go down the pub and meet a REAL LIVE PERSON rather than rejecting dozens who you've totally box-ticked and pre-judged ?

As for 'players'...gawd knows what it means.

A word coined by people on dating sites ?

Spot on. Whats wrong with being normal considering so many women moan about perves? Seeing NO PLAYERS on a profile immediately makes me think shes been through a lot of men. Her problem not mine. In my opinion those who scream about players on their profiles need to accept their own behaviour.
 *rem*
Msg: 29 (view)

What piece of equipment upsets you most when it goes wrong?
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:20:28 PM
During the act I'm listening for other things..
 *rem*
Msg: 30 (view)

Clairvoyants and Mediums
Posted: 5/20/2012 5:05:18 PM
Government agencies even down to police have used clairvoyants with some success for a long time.
Do you really think our governments won't take advantage of future events if they have an inclination?
 *rem*

Do we hurt ourselves more than we need to?
Posted: 5/18/2012 5:04:14 PM

I've said this quite a few times, but that's no reason not to say it again.

My opinion of myself, is always going to be more important than everyone else's opinion of me. There are times when other people's opinions will affect my life, but how I see myself always takes precedence over how other people see me.

That's not to say, that I ignore what other people think... I am happy to hear any opinions, but it's unlikely they're ever going to phase me.

So if a number of people thought you were a****ead it wouldn't bother you? But you would try to change..
 *rem*
Msg: 61 (view)

Ladies Who Go To The Gym.
Posted: 5/18/2012 4:37:12 PM

Gosh.. how some of you love to moan about fat women. I suggest you just stop looking at their profiles

Just before I do, yours says you have great norks.
Great tits (and nipples) overcome a bit of timber in my opinion.
 *rem*
Msg: 279 (view)

Height Filter
Posted: 5/18/2012 3:52:58 PM
Why? Actually who cares. Block who you like.
More for me.
 *rem*
Msg: 106 (view)

Are conditions like ADHD an excuse for parents who have naughty kids?
Posted: 5/18/2012 12:15:51 PM
Everyone's different. We all develop differently but I can tell you one thing. My mom could get your attention real quick.
I know i bang on about it all being in the mind but imagine this:. My older brother (back in Jamaica) comes home regularly crying that a particular boy has beat him up. Sick of hearing it my mom dragged him to where the boy lived and told him to fight him again.. And if he didn't fight she was gonna beat him.
And if he fought and lost... she was gonna beat him.

Guess what?

Motivation.
 *rem*
Msg: 50 (view)

Ladies Who Go To The Gym.
Posted: 5/18/2012 11:32:40 AM
My appearance has changed in the last couple of years (I regularly change my hair and I lost some weight then put some back on due to an injury) but that doesn't stop me from knowing what I am looking for!!! How ridiculous to come up with that assumption. It doesn't make me a lesser person that on one holiday I was a size 22 with blonde hair and now I'm a size 18 with short dark hair lol.

Agreed but I don't see many people showing both.
Ususally just head shots which can be very deceptive

vvvv
Besides ive seen profiles with eight pictures and i still wouldnt be able to tell who she was if i met her.
 *rem*
Msg: 18 (view)

Coloured hair on blokes
Posted: 5/16/2012 4:26:31 PM
I have lots of white streaks going through my hair courtesy of an allergy to hair dye.
Chicks seem to dig it
 *rem*
Msg: 24 (view)

Road Tolls and Charging
Posted: 5/16/2012 3:06:12 PM
Well they manage to get us all to pay for something that is the very essence of life, falls out of the sky for free and they even add a known poison to it for good measure.

You couldn't make that up really :)))

People dont really want to know about MKULTRA. I wish they did so they'd all know what this is about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIEJ1vdM_nU&list=UU-RbDFA6BrW2uwfGNONbyKA&index=9&feature=plcp
 *rem*
Msg: 85 (view)

The Click
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:26:24 PM

I totally agree that they should feel able to voice their opinions... as long as they understand (sooner or later) that they may get responses that they don't like.

I understand they may be upset about things that don't upset me... I find this one hard to grasp, as I've never felt that way about so-called Internet cliques, with any new forum which I may have joined.

The speaking to people bit was in reference to the explanation Sprite gave, about what a clique is.

I know some people don't like that picture... I find it funny though.

Like happiness it depends on your definition of upset.
I was upset because i didnt have more than one coffee before going to work.
 *rem*
Msg: 270 (view)

Height Filter
Posted: 5/15/2012 3:55:22 PM
I like short petite women.. I have a filthy mind and logistically speaking, smaller women= greater posibilities :)
Even tall women only need to wear two things for the bedroom sometimes.
Heels are one of them
 *rem*
Msg: 83 (view)

The Click
Posted: 5/15/2012 3:30:09 PM

Well I didn't think of a clique as some people who speak more often to each other, than they do with other people.

Now I am aware of that, then yes I would say there are many cliques.

Although I still don't see why it's something to get upset or have a whinge about. It's perfectly natural for some people to speak more to some people that they do with others (especially if they tend to have conversations, arguments or whatever that other people don't really join in with)

I didnt mention speaking to anyone.. There are people i like just because i feel what they say. I'm sure there ares some who feel me as well but I havent messaged or spoken to them.
You have to remember new posters are new and may not be "upset" in the traditional sense.
But its their right to ask questions, front up and say whats on their mind right?

BTW I dont have a problem with the blue eyes. The ni**ers joke bothers me though.
As for the top dog thing..
 *rem*
Msg: 80 (view)

The Click
Posted: 5/15/2012 2:49:46 PM
Sprite you've solved the problem of forum cliques... I tip my hat to you

You could have just agreed with the OP.
Or others that thought there's a clique.
Its pretty obvious there are cliques. There are a few peple who i think understand me better than others on here so even I'm in a clique.
New forumites should just start a thread. I'll almost always vote to not delete and theres no better way of making your presence felt
 *rem*
Msg: 17 (view)

A latest plastic accessory is…….
Posted: 5/14/2012 4:16:26 PM
Won't a boosted butt look ridiculous if she puts on weight? ( since ive heard of the possibility of this happening)
If it looks good in jeans it works for me, but i'd rather not think of the mechanics behind (oops) it.
Nose jobs are bad enough but you really have to be up your own... you get the idea
 *rem*
Msg: 22 (view)

Tooth whitening
Posted: 5/14/2012 3:25:22 PM
I tried the tooth whitening "gumshield" while i was in America in 2001. The gumshield made for me by a dentist (my ex's boss) but you can buy a kit that does pretty much the same thing. .. (edit: £400?? you can get kits for a tenner. Im glad mine was a freebie. At least you should be glad you're not paying an american dentist)
They do noticably work (better) over a period of time, but the golden rule has to be not to leave the gumshield in too long. It makes your teeth feel.. sore/numb/rubbery??! Cant describe it but don't do anything daft like sleep with it in..
 *rem*
Msg: 58 (view)

Free Loaders?
Posted: 5/13/2012 1:22:46 PM

not the best introduction for yourself to the forums, the moderators on here are very strict, it may help if you aren't so rude

Rude? Get a grip!
He's alright by me! :)
 *rem*
Msg: 125 (view)

When to kiss for the first time
Posted: 5/13/2012 1:01:24 PM
I think both people should recruit a kiss advisor to accompany them... On said date they meet and their kiss advisors sit a discrete but earwiggable distance away and negotiate when the best time to kiss would be... If at all.
Notification by text.
 *rem*
Msg: 26 (view)

Dating superior/inferior careers to your own
Posted: 5/13/2012 12:32:54 PM
I would date someone who had a much better than job than me. If a woman chose not to date me, because I was in a much worse job than her... I would totally understand.

Well I wouldn't. I'd think she was a materialistic moneygrabbing goodtime girl and tell her to fnck off.
I've done all sorts. Vacuum cleaner salesman,studio engineer, dishwasher, chef, teacher, musician, network manager, factory worker...
Who cares??
 *rem*
Msg: 11 (view)

When do you give up on online dating?
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:07:31 PM

yes yes I understand that there are lots of people here for lots of different reasons but I wish I could filter out the ones I dont want. I dont really reckon anything till I've met them and talk to people who think they have found something special before meeting and then they cry about it. Really??? You know nothin till you have met. Thankfully I am a good judge these days after a learning period and now have several really good mates. Maybe one day 'my prince will come' but I'd be well smacked in my face if that does happen. I rate 'mates' a lot though so it doesnt bother me

You can filter out the ones you don't want just fine by simply passing them by. Or are you confused by the choices?
 *rem*
Msg: 33 (view)

writing code is the New Latin - dating and computer literacy
Posted: 5/9/2012 5:04:40 AM
Isn't all OOP pretty much of a muchness apart from syntax?
For the things i'm interested in i'll stick with Actionscript and Flash.
 *rem*
Msg: 12 (view)

Free Loaders?
Posted: 5/9/2012 4:44:48 AM
Sounds a bit like the woman who suddenly wants to be a part of her sons life who (coincidentally) recently won the lottery.
I didnt notice a compelling need for the money, just that you think you're "entitled" to it. Just as one of my ex's thought she should be entitled to a lump sum, regular payments and a cut of my pension.
Greed is so unattractive.
 *rem*
Msg: 9 (view)

Social Skills
Posted: 5/9/2012 3:58:47 AM

I think we learn social skills from our parents, or where we don't find ourselves disadvantaged in the grand scheme of things because social skills are the glue that holds everything together. I've read quite a few books on this, but reading books doesn't help with the anxiety, it just gives you things to try when you do meet new people.

My ex suffers from anxiety but i'll never accept the label the medical profession have put on her.. Its a mental health issue apparently. What a crock of sh1te! Its just fear, a useless emotion. If your football team plays with fear they spend all day fannying around with the ball instead of going forward.. If you fight with fear you'll hesitate when you should strike.
My advice on confidence building would be.... Karaoke! Being a musician is a great confidence builder if you play live because your audience is there for one thing only... to judge you. So not only do you have to be prepared, you have to execute the things you've practiced.
Ever noticed how many singers on tv talent shows can sing in tune but sound rubbish? Its because they're so nervous they cant breathe properly and if you cant breathe you cant sing.
Maybe you read the wrong type of books? As i've mentioned before the two most important books i've read dealing with this are on Yoga (meditation) and Martial Arts training.
 *rem*

Why are we lied tto or maybe its imagination
Posted: 5/8/2012 3:12:13 PM
In my opinion you'd have to hijack last minute if you're aiming for London. Nobody's gonna be flying around willy nilly for ages like 911 again (i hope). US originating flights used to have an armed marshal on board.. not sure if thats still the case but if protocol is observed a hijacker should have serious problems getting past the c0ckpit door, which makes a last minute job a bit difficult.
 *rem*
Msg: 10 (view)

Advice please ladies?
Posted: 5/8/2012 2:59:55 PM
Whilst I don't have two x chromosomes, my advice would be to let her go

I agree with that bit..

If she didn't intend to continue actively fishing she wouldn't have blocked you. I wouldn't fancy being used as a crutch for an emotional cripple (edit: again) anyway
Just move on.
 *rem*
Msg: 37 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:15:30 PM
Twice?
The horse thing. Hows a bloke supposed to think he' can compete with a horse? Yeah i said it!
Not like a dog or cat is it.? So where does a man fit into all that?
 *rem*
Msg: 31 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:07:28 PM

Yup....we heard you the first time.

Women with loads of pictures of horses....just make me think they'll stink of horse shite and drive a 20 yr old 4x4...that stinks of horse shite.

My brother.
 *rem*
Msg: 15 (view)

Spammers who message you...
Posted: 5/6/2012 3:30:23 PM
You guys get messages?
 *rem*
Msg: 16 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:23:23 PM
are we allowed to post links to profiles with silliest pictures?

No

You guys complain too much, you're ignoring the real issues, the one that affect us all and that is "average weight"

Man don't even go there.. I'm too tired..last thing i need is another argument.. Ha!
 *rem*
Msg: 24 (view)

Box Sets
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:18:31 PM
I dont even have a tv. Why?
 *rem*
Msg: 10 (view)

Pointless Pictures
Posted: 5/6/2012 2:09:18 PM
I dont mind the odd alternative pic, after all I have one but i dont understand why anyone would think i want to see their dog. I love dogs but I dont want to "love" a dog!

Shoes...
Feet...

WTF??
 *rem*
Msg: 30 (view)

Lottery winnings
Posted: 5/5/2012 4:08:09 PM
Spend the rest of it? (Brewsters Millions springs to mind).. I'd love to know how you keep 100m quiet! 100 million couldnt even fit in your house, so just finding somewhere to keep the cash would give the game away.
Personally i'd set up trust funds for each member of my immediate family and they could spend the INTEREST as they wish but not the capital amount invested.
 *rem*

Finding someone who likes something specific
Posted: 5/5/2012 3:06:50 PM
Whats the point? So he wont leave you for a skinny bird? He could still leave you for another fat bird.
I think POF should be open source.. Markus please let people edit the html on their page and do whatever the hell they want because this is getting fckin ridiculous.
 *rem*
Msg: 35 (view)

If you're hairy and you know it, raise your arm......
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:56:24 PM

So should this form of bullying be allowed

What? Seriously?? Get a thesaurus or grow some nuts ffs.
 *rem*
Msg: 50 (view)

Squatters Rights or wrongs?
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:33:42 PM
Msg 26

I'd have no problem with 'squatters', if they only targeted the very wealthy.
The real problem (IMO) is that 1% of the population, owns 70% of the land, "the "landed gentry".
This has resulted in artificially high, land, property-prices, and rents.
Much higher than in any comparable country.
We're all squeezed onto just 7% of the available land mass.

Absolutely agree. I stated the same a few years ago and got nothing but earache from a former forum member with a posting style we all know and "love".
You only have to take a flight from Manchester to London to see thousands of square miles of land doing nothing, while major cities look like a speck of dust in your living room.
I'd be more than happy to see whole communities of squatters take this vacant land and use it for something more constructive than depriving everyone else.
 *rem*
Msg: 136 (view)

Do Women go for submissive men?
Posted: 5/4/2012 2:57:12 PM

Different strokes for different folk... make of that what you will, sadly I don't have the time to run rings round that statement.

Misandry at its finest.

Show ALL Forums