Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mossie66
Msg: 3
How fast can you fall in love?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The dictionary says this is what love is... love (lv)
n.
1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
a. Sexual passion.
b. Sexual intercourse.
c. A love affair.
4. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.

So looking at number 3a and 3b...I wld say that yes love most certainly has a time frame...its just a little bit quicker for some people....
 Lord God
Msg: 20
How fast can you fall in love?
Posted: 5/22/2008 10:10:30 AM
God you're an 'orrible, cynical lot.

AND THE ANSWER IS: Exactly as long as it took for you to care at least as much about that person, as you do about yourself.

If you ain't done this, you aint loved.

Oh boy! I'm excited. It sounds profound.

Lord God
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/23/2008 8:24:57 AM
As long as it take to unzip my fly.

God I'm 'orrible.
 Lord God
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/23/2008 8:40:12 AM

Oh my goodness!

The correct form of address is: Oh My Godness.

Ta.
 tensail
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/4/2012 1:26:34 AM
takes about 2 yrs, before that it is infatutation which is a chemical trigered response to procreate v species.
 tensail
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/18/2012 1:37:05 AM
bout 2 years, before that its just temporary infatuation.
 gingerosity
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2012 2:25:27 AM
takes about 2 yrs, before that it is infatutation

bout 2 years, before that its just temporary infatuation.

You're stuck in a 14 day loop, mate.
 tensail
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/25/2012 2:36:23 AM
im not intrested in ur opinion, mate
 jb rumda
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 2:56:12 PM
that depends how long it's been since i had sex
 jb rumda
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 3:14:05 PM
life is to short to fall in love hehe
 Indi_guy
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/27/2012 6:42:56 AM
At first sight for an 8 year relationship. It's probably how I roll.
 tensail
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:15:32 PM
2 yrs anything b4 that is infatuation n temporary.
 kmac6
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2012 10:44:04 PM
^^^ Groundhog day.. Anything posted in the forums is bound to get peoples opinions, looking for them or not. :)
 Hilly02
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:15:39 AM
^^^Sorry...but shouldn't you two be seen and not heard. Haven't you got some ironing to do or something?? :-)
Love, lust....who cares. Surely a combination of both is most healthy anyway??
 kmac6
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:57:19 AM
Ironing??? Now there is a scary thought!!
 gingerosity
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2012 1:53:19 AM

no nudity and a successful job interview

what is your official job title

I think we can rule out 'nudist-beach lifesaver'.
 greyingred
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:45:51 PM

Older people are more selfish and hypocrite when it come to fall in love and be in love. they just play thier dirt mind games with each other, while pretending to be stronger and lovable.

If cynical, you have a point. However would suggest that older people have a wealth of personal experience with which to judge the new found love/lust and extrapolate the probable outcome without having to go through all the palava of months, years with the wrong person. As for playing dirt mind games, well yup we do tend to become less inhibited and why not play with a willing partner? We'll leave all the shy shenanigans and coy coquettishness to the young cos they have years to learn and waste on the subject.

if you dont love yourself, no one can love you, nor can you love anyone

Nice popular cliche that is, given statistical evidence (which of course I do not have but meh) will prove to be glaringly wrong. It is quite possible to not love yourself and have someone in love with you and vice versa...otherwise unrequited love would be an entire fiction....which ironically in essence it is.

older people are probably less likely to accept love as a result of the experiences they have had.

B*llocks. Older people are more likely to be descerning in their acceptance of love due to experience. Just cos someone loves you and you fancy them does not mean they are good for your life or that it will last. It's a bit like going skateboarding without the protection gear, after a while even though you love skateboarding the idea of the consequences of falling off tend to make you prepared to look a complete wally in protective gear (being cautious in love) so it doesn't hurt when you stack it.

Sheesh all this talking about older people has quite worn me out, must take a nanna nap before I fall in love again....mind you am so old falling might be too taxing, think I will trip up instead...so much less effort.
 greyingred
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2012 4:46:55 PM

Older people are more selfish and hypocrite when it come to fall in love and be in love. they just play thier dirt mind games with each other, while pretending to be stronger and lovable.

If cynical, you have a point. However would suggest that older people have a wealth of personal experience with which to judge the new found love/lust and extrapolate the probable outcome without having to go through all the palava of months, years with the wrong person. As for playing dirt mind games, well yup we do tend to become less inhibited and why not play with a willing partner? We'll leave all the shy shenanigans and coy coquettishness to the young cos they have years to learn and waste on the subject.

if you dont love yourself, no one can love you, nor can you love anyone

Nice popular cliche that is, given statistical evidence (which of course I do not have but meh) will prove to be glaringly wrong. It is quite possible to not love yourself and have someone in love with you and vice versa...otherwise unrequited love would be an entire fiction....which ironically in essence it is.

older people are probably less likely to accept love as a result of the experiences they have had.

B*llocks. Older people are more likely to be descerning in their acceptance of love due to experience. Just cos someone loves you and you fancy them does not mean they are good for your life or that it will last. It's a bit like going skateboarding without the protection gear, after a while even though you love skateboarding the idea of the consequences of falling off tend to make you prepared to look a complete wally in protective gear (being cautious in love) so it doesn't hurt when you stack it.

Sheesh all this talking about older people has quite worn me out, must take a nanna nap before I fall in love again....mind you am so old falling might be too taxing, think I will trip up instead...so much less effort.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >