Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crayonzz
Msg: 26
Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?Page 2 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
They don't! And good women arent paticularily rare either. It's just that they are all happily married.
 ComefromAway
Msg: 27
Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?
Posted: 5/23/2008 9:46:41 AM
Define "good". Doesn't matter if you talking a woman or a man, everyone definition of good will vary.

Finding a good person takes time, you just don't pick one off a shelf. you need to spend time with them, get to know their idiosyncracies, and figur eout if your a good match for you.

I know some good women, but they have unfinished business that makes them less than suitable romantic partners. Other just turn out to be down right nuts, once you get past the initial attraction , and spend some time with them.

It's much easier to just move on , rather than wondering why people pass you over.
 akmusic
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/23/2008 11:52:11 AM
This is a weird question. It takes a long time to get to really know someone. Today it seems that people are way into instant gratification and no one is interested into doing the work that a real relationship requires. We have become a very anti-social society, hence we hide behind IM's, emails, etc.
 racer256
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/23/2008 5:02:11 PM
I did not know men overlook good woman...Could it be looks, maybe...Maybe...Im not sure
 caj1234
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/23/2008 5:20:23 PM
Doesn't really matter why...the right man will never overlook the right woman for them and visa versa. I'm glad that the wrong type of man overlooks me, I'm just waiting for the right one. It only takes the one that is right for you. I'm so sick of men that lie through their teeth and try to pretend they're the one for you until they meet someone better! Be glad that the a-holes overlook us great women! I'm soooo sick of the phonies! Patience is the key.
Good luck to you, your a very attractive woman and deserve an honest great hearted man!

Keep the Faith girlfriend! Why settle.
 StrangeBreed
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/23/2008 5:28:44 PM
This is a very easy question...It's the same from both men and women. It's all about the attraction. No matter how good you are. If you dont have the looks to go with all your goodness your over looked.
 eldiel
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/23/2008 7:09:11 PM
i agree with the comment that it is best to just move on ....if we take someone moving on from us personally then we are damaged and who needs that? as far as looks....all i have to say is that i am thankful there are men who appreciate women for who they are as well as for what they look like. i mean some men like us thin and some like them a bit "more substantial" and thank the good lord for that. and i have met many men that after getting to meet them i am very attracted to whilst at first glance...perhaps not so much. beauty is so much more than skin deep....and i personally....LOVE THAT!
 dazx
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/23/2008 7:59:42 PM

we don't,women just insist on being with ***holes,so may as well let em,you can't fight city hall
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/23/2008 8:18:17 PM
Being a "good woman" does not automatically make a woman right for me, just like being a "good guy" doesn't mean I'm right for someone else. There's a hell of a lot of things that go into a relationship, including physical attraction, similar interests, compatible values, and so on and so on.

If all you have to say about yourself is that you're a "good guy" or a "good woman" then you really don't have all that much to offer, really.
 tallhorseman39
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/24/2008 6:00:53 AM
hmm well maybe if they aren't over looking you but their email doesn't give you the warm fuzzies or their picture doesn't strike sparks on your prince charming meter YOU are overlokking them?It could even be that if you converse with them for a time
you start thinking there has to be someone who moves faster than this? I get accused of moving tooo slow and of moving too fast so i guess i should hunt middle ground somehow.
 simpleman20188
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/24/2008 10:43:15 AM

Just because a woman thinks she is a good catch doesn't mean that guys are going to.

For the same reason guys ask "Why Do Women Overlook Good Men?".
Because they just aren't that good to anybody but them selves.
 tuckerjo
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/24/2008 11:10:57 AM

Because they are forever chasing after women they could never get and who would never want them. They choose to ignore the women right in from of them who are perfect for them , and who want them, and chase someone way out of their league.
 Aleyrebel
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2008 1:17:01 PM

That is why I love the internet. Yes, initial attraction is visual for women and men. But, that is merely a preference. We all have them, we just should be wise enough to not let that completely rule our attraction. I fell in love with a man online, because after chatting for hrs at time, I knew his feelings on many subjects. His looks weren't my normal preference. (Too short, hair too curly, back hair, etc. etc. ) But, after getting to know tis man, and him being emotionally supportive for awhile,I fell for him. It didn't work out, but did open my eyes to the possibilities of relationships with men, not my normal preference in looks. In the first place he lived 1300mi away, so without the net we never would have met. And secondly, without email and chatting, we wouldn't have known each other enough to fall in love.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/24/2008 1:19:20 PM

and chase someone way out of their league.

Personally, I think that whole concept of "leagues" is completely silly. There's no such thing as a woman who is out of my league, and no such thing as a woman for whom I am out of hers. There are only people who are compatible and people who are not.
 sbnt
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:07:17 PM
I guess the question I have is, define what a "good woman" is, and exactly how are we overlooking these.

While I can't speak for all men, and this probably applies to plenty of women, there are three states of awareness when considering someone as a potential mate. We/I are either Interested in you, Not Interested in you, or you are invisible.

If you feel that you're a good woman and that men overlook you, have you done anything to make sure you're not invisible to them. If you are not invisible to them, then let's face it, they are just not interested in you...

It's easy to overlook someone who doesn't put themselves on your radar screen.

So, if you're being overlooked, the problem isn't them, it's you.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:11:14 PM
maybe they feel as if some of us good women aren't good enough for them.....either too good or not good enough we can't all win can we?
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/27/2008 10:01:20 PM
Just because your a " Good" Woman dosen't make you the " Right Woman... They say the Honda Accord is such a " Great car" so safe and great on gas,but its not the "Right" car for me. Yes my Nissan 350Z is a Gas guzzle'n beast... but its RIGHT for ME !!! Fast and Sexy just how I like it !
 ComefromAway
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/28/2008 8:52:46 AM
From my experience on POF thus far the men on here want a girl to be close to perfect. They want the woman to be physically fit ( 110-130lbs), independant, financially set, knows what she wants in life, able to cook, likes to play sports, have a good sense of humor, respectful, good in bed and my favorite, childless. I see this over and over. I can check off a few of those things on that list which describes me. But certainly not all of them. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have preferences. But be realistic. I pass right by a man's profile that lists all these qualities as what they look for in a woman.

Conversely women are only interested in tall, well built millionaires, etc etc. Generally both have unrealistic expectations.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/28/2008 6:48:57 PM
I know the forum is why do Men overlook good women. But it realy does go both ways a guy can meet a lot of the things a woman is looking for but she goes right by him. It might be that when we see some one that seems like they are the right one for us we think they must be to good to be true. So we pass them by. I know its the old saying its better to be safe than sorry. But if you don't try you will never know if they are or are'nt the right one. You should at least give it a shot.
Good Luck
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/28/2008 7:00:56 PM
A person with issues would overlook anyone probably - good or bad. A person with unrealistic expectations will overlook good ppl because they think they de man...
 yllwgt2001
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/29/2008 4:14:09 AM
Men are all about the high maintenance chics. Ya know Barbie doll type. If they don't look good on their arm and be able to show you off, they don't want you. It's all about ego and lust.
 weird_revolutions
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/29/2008 4:16:58 AM
Has anybody ever noticed how every person on this planet in their own eyes is some kind of saint?

I'm a good man, in fact I'm the best catch on here, so line up ladies.
 ginnie1957
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/29/2008 4:32:47 AM
Oh wow, a man that thinks logically. I really enjoyed your answer, it is so true. What one person finds good may not be what the other thinks. We are all individuals and we need to respect that. I don't think it is a matter of being overlooked; it is a matter of chemistry. Sometimes it takes more than one or two dates to get to know the person and to know if in your heart they are for you or not. have a nice day.
 The_Fat_Bandit
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/29/2008 4:39:05 AM
Well let me put it this way. A few years ago me and my friends are sitting in a bar, the hotspot in town, and my buddies are going look at all the hot women around here. They say there must be a 100, but I look at them and go there is about 4 in this bar. I found the best way to judge someone if they are dating material is look in their eyes, and also talk to them about things.

The most excited I got about a women in the past few years was this short, chubby, school teacher I met one night, who just had a wonderful personality, and warmth in her voice, I was just taken aback. But most men would have just blown her off as a 5 or a 6. That's the problem....we thing we want someone who's hot, and the good women don't try to be hot, they are just real.
 indehills
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/29/2008 4:55:40 AM
I don't exactly understand the OP's problem. I would not overlook a good woman, and I don't know any other men that would, either.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?