Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr.WriteGuy
Msg: 96
Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Yes, you are so right -- so true -- and well put.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 97
Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?
Posted: 6/3/2008 12:12:27 PM
Maybe they only THINK they are "good"???
 CherylCake
Msg: 101
Posted: 6/3/2008 1:20:27 PM
Everyone feels entitled to the hot partner, but not everybody gets one. If the women who feel passed over would stick to the men who feel passed over, then that would leave the hotties for eachother, and all would be in perfect balance.
 foxiehue
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/3/2008 2:33:12 PM
formulas,
I'm not sure about that only because most of us on this site dont get any mail either, I know I dont; nor do any of my friends that are on this site. I think that has to do with what the one guy said about the women to men ratio on dating sites. The women out number the men 7 to 1.
 j4ym4n
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:13:37 PM
I gotta say that after alot of stuffing around and what 8 years of proper dating, the first thing i think of when considering a chick for a long term thing is weather or not she is fit and healthy. Then comes the cute face. Not model cute, just what >I< would consider cute.
After that i consider kindness, motorvation, honesty, general fun-ness of the person.

And no, i'm not shallow, just blatantly honest. We all do it, no one says it.
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/4/2008 2:27:31 AM
I'm sure we all overlook many good people in our lives. You could be the sweetest person ever but if you're not attractive to me for whatever reason you will be overlooked as I would be to you should we be in opposite positions. You could be beautiful but have a laugh like fingernails on a chalkboard to me, and someone else would find it music to their ears. There are reasons why anyone would overlook anybody. Some good, some outrageously stupid, but such is life. The main thing to remember is just because you find someone attractive doesn't mean they will find you attractive.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:47:56 AM
dreamer that can't be right. Are you saying there is a hole lot of Shallow People out there.
To bad its true. When people can drop the superfical way they look at each other. Then we can find our match. Yea like thats gona happen This is a materialistic world if it was'nt we'd all be happy. This is'nt a shot at you just makeing fun. Its like the other post said the ugos should go to one line and the stuck up I mean Hot people should be in another line. Hey where is the ugo line i have Qupons I get to go to the front of the line
 Shauna13
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/24/2008 10:26:42 AM
These men are dumb and just want sluts? Most likely.
They don't care about the good women who would actually love them forever.
 SKAJ
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/24/2008 1:50:25 PM

These men are dumb and just want sluts? Most likely.
They don't care about the good women who would actually love them forever.

How do you tell one from the other when all you have is a flimsy self claim?
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/24/2008 2:04:00 PM
I can't imagine, unless they are much shorter than the man ...

vvv Who ... meee?
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:54:11 AM
I don't think this is a man vs. woman debate.
We all may overlook a "good" partner.
But the fact is that we know within ourselves when we find it - what it was we were seeking, and we know when it just isn't there.

You can settle. And accept someone because they're "good enough" or "ok" or "close!"

But the reality is you just know when you know.

Yeah, lust can sometimes make the "close enoughs" do-able.
But for something lasting or to commit to?

You truly take your own, sweet, time and don't rush it.
 JimtheToolman
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:58:16 PM
I think alot of great people are over looked due to reading in black and white. No voice tone. No facial expression. An then you have the bull chitter filters. That filter is like a wall with a woman. She gets so used to listening to the bull chitters feeding them a line of chit that when a guy is being real then their walls are sooooooo far up in the air they are sceptical and sometimes miscommunicate and hit the block button or else read and delete. It's only a certain percentage of people that makes us all sceptical. Some people have their standards set so high that they will only talk to someone thats really above their league. There's some guys that play them selves down when talking so the woman doesn't think he's feeding her a line.
Some women need to lighten up and take a chill pill. I don't know about the guys because I don't email them. We're all humans tho. Some just take more showers than others.
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/25/2008 2:56:47 PM
because i don't have a picture
nyuk-nyuk
 UR 2 girls away from 3sum
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:46:25 PM
Is it a lack of self confidence or merely paranoia that makes people hope others are talking about them?

whenyer_strange
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:31:00 PM
ooppppsss double post
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/25/2008 4:31:34 PM
I'm thinking there's a group of men an women that just want to play the finger-pointing game. They sit on the opposite side of their own little fences and fling rotten tomatoes at each other. Why they are busy being miserable, the rest of us are ignoring them and having a fine and happy life without the BS. What you do reflects back on you. That includes blaming others. It tells a lot about a person.
 author66
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:26:49 AM
Greetings,
I think a lot of men want a trophy to display on his arm. "Look at me! See what I have. I won her!" I also think men are more apt to be taken in by sight and over character , intelligence, and spirituality. Then there are some who are searching for all those benefits. I guess envy of others would fit in here.
Author66
 Invictus01
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:00:56 AM
Hm. Weird. A nice/good men/women thread that not only wasn't deleted on the spot but also has almost 8 pages of replies?!? That is almost hard to believe!

To answer the question... who knows. Women like a**holes, men like beyatches. We all are collectively screwed up in the head.
 SKAJ
Msg: 126
Posted: 8/5/2008 4:07:17 AM

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are lazy. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy.......

Yeah, my sister sent me that chain letter a while back.

MEN OVERLOOK GOOD WOMEN BECAUSE MOST ARE JUST CONCERNED HOW A PERSON LOOKS ON THE OUTSIDE AND NOT WHAT KIND OF PERSON THEY REALLY ARE. THEREFOR MOST OF US PLAIN WOMEN GET OVERLOOKED AND GET JADED WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE AND DATING. ONE THING MEN DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS THAT LOOKS ISN'T EVERYTHING AND THAT THEY COULD BE MISSING OUT ON SOME WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES AND THE GOOD FEELINGS THAT COME WITH KNOWING SOMEONE, JUST BECAUSE LOOKS IS THE MAIN THING THAT DRIVES THEM IN THIS CRAZY DATING WORLD. BUT OH WHO CARES ANYMORE.

WELL MAYBE IF ALL THE GOOD PLAIN WOMEN WENT OUT WITH THE NICE GUYS EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY.

I'm guessing the answer is the same as all the other questions people ask on this forum. One particular man might not be attracted to a specific woman despite how 'good' she may be or 'nice' he is.
 linbloom94
Msg: 127
Posted: 8/5/2008 12:28:40 PM
Overlooking " GOOD WOMEN" or is it GOD's WOMEN?"
Are men really looking ? Are they LOOKING ?
What are they looking with ?
MEN : Do tell ALL !

REAL MEN LOVE WOMEN with CURVES ; YES MOVIE TITLE but excellent referral

Shallow HAL ; another MOVIE

OKAY ; NOW we know the WHY but do you really want those that " OVERLOOK."
 SapphirePoet
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2008 3:35:22 PM
Oh My, I almost peed my pants on that one Loz....
One eyed trouser snake!
I haven't heard that in years.
I knew this would turn into something funny.
Thanks
:~()
Deb
 Henry L. Moon
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/6/2008 12:03:03 PM
Ok...thanks for all the advice, I'm taking notes here because I'm a stupid, dumb assed man.....so...let me see
If I want to be happy for the rest of my life................and I do,
Never make a pretty woman my wife.........................ahhhhh
From my particular point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you................this has been my downfall

Now, I want to give you all something in return. You know the expiration date on a jug of milk?...well, it don't mean sheeeeit when you leave it out on the counter! I had two more days left too!!!
 linbloom94
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:39:09 PM
Posted By: Henry L. Moon on 8/6/2008 12:03:03 PM
Subject: Why Do Men Overlook Good Women?

Real men do not overlook good women if they are good men looking for good wmen. It's not the look....but the LOOK . . within ... Why ask :WHY ?

We have all overlooked the good catch that's why we all

One eye trouser snake . . .{LOL}

What do we say about the women ?

Give up now Ladies and Men .....Time go before the expiration date ....
 IM MUSIC
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/6/2008 7:36:15 PM
I know why, but we don't want to go there. In here.
 JamesP166
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:06:54 PM
I thought about this

if we turn this around - - - we all think that we are good people - - -

and can say this - - - - "why do women or men overlook a good man or woman"

which basically means - - - why doesn't she or he like me or want to go out with me.

I have heard stories from women about a man that they meet, he is wondering why she got up and left - - - going - - why does this good looking woman not want me ( a good man)

I have done the same with women - - - she shows up - - 100 lb's over weight(picture is old very old) , or is a smoker when I have clearly said - - I do not want anyone that smokes. She thinks she is a good woman and I go - - forget it. - - she might be but clearly not my type.

We all have done this - - - - - - to someone that thinks they are a good person and desirable - while they are clearly what the other is not interested in - - - -

and other reason is we do not always realize how we are coming off to the other person.

I have a buddy, old long time friend but his wife - - - oh boy, I swear if he was to record some of the conversations she has and plays them back - - she will be totally shocked at how she is coming off. - - - totally, the worst part of it is she thinks she is smart - - not realizing how she is really coming off. - - - - We are all this way in some way at some times. Just some are worst than others.

Jim P
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >