Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 9
Let's start to explore possible McCain VP candidatesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I think Huckabee's the last person he'll choose, he's too polarizing.

The Republican party is going to suck it up and vote for McCain. Who else do they have? If they vote 3rd party they know they're throwing the vote away, and I think they want Obama in office even less than Hillary Clinton's supporters -- if that's possible.

What McCain needs to do is attract the disenfranchised Hillary supporters. If he goes middle-of-the-road Republican I think he'll get them.

Both parties will get votes siphoned off by Barr and Nader, but not Paul. He's said he wasn't going to make a 3rd party bid, or at least that he was 99.9% sure.
 feeltobefree
Msg: 10
Let's start to explore possible McCain VP candidates
Posted: 5/21/2008 8:25:38 AM
chevelle,

On what basis are you saying that Obama will lie more when he is in office than bush's administration has in the last 7 years?
 flyguy51
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/21/2008 8:49:54 AM
I'm holding a right wing publication right now that shows at least four people in the running:

-Senator from Wisconsin Paul Ryan-- I believe I've already heard McCain mention him on "The Daily Show"
-South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford
-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
-Former Ohio Rep. Rob Portman

Ready, set... Google!

Frankly, I'm surprised at all the talk of Powell here. That man is so over the political arena, and the Bush neocon agenda in particular, that it's not even funny.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2008 9:13:36 AM

You think you have seen lies the last 7 years just wait until Obama gets in office then the Presidency will be based on a lie everyday

I cant possibly understand how you came up with this conclusion. The present government cannot do anything without lying and there's plenty of facts to back it up. To claim that it will be worst with Obama is simply a poorly biased opinion that is based on absolutely nothing hence, not worth much if you ask me.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/21/2008 10:48:01 AM
i'm with romantic. mccain has had trouble with the christian right. he already has the popular support of the slightly right of centre group. he needs that christian right to solidify his position and huckabee makes a better choice.

condi won't bring the black or female republicans to the polls - mccain already has whatever support he's going to get from those demographics. powell would be a great choice but he won't bring the christian right and neither will mit. so huckabee gets in by process of elimination. he's already got a ground swell of support...that was a different demographic than mccain's supporters. combined, they would be a logical ticket.
 readyornot57
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 8:56:56 AM
Colin Powell equals UN presentation equals Weapons of Mass Destruction farce.
He is out even if he wanted it.
Republicans need a candidate untainted by incompetence or corruption.
Which leaves only a handful.
My choice for McCain VP is Hillary Clinton because if he gets elected he owes it all to her. Besides, they are similar on the war and immigration.
 readyornot57
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 8:59:34 AM
What about Pat Robertson? LOL It will be someone very obscure, with no record.

BTW, Charlie Crist has gay rumors swirling about, the Republicans don't need that. Especially after the Mark Foley disaster.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >