Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Grand Forks, menards, border crossing.... bars... rubber glove ???wtf      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 amber187
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Grand Forks, menards, border crossing.... bars... rubber glove ???wtf ! lolPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well instead of complaining why don't you check out what time you actually got there last time. Yah they may be young and that but being as they have to follow the rules they are assigned with when hired they have to do there job. I'm young so are you saying if I was to work at the border crossing I would be power tripping cause i have a certain amount of authority over people I dont think I would for the simple fact i would just wanna do my job the way it is suppose to be done.Yah so maybe those border crossing guards were on a power trip but you know not all young people are like that you know. So is it ok when an older person doesn't follow there job duties like there suppose to does that mean we can call them idiots and that or does that mean we will just have alot of other people sitting there calling us the idiot even if we are right. I think hey you should know the border rules and that before you cross shouldn't you infact anywhere you travel you should know the rules and that guess that's just common sense isn't it. I think all different ages are on a power trip so they are equal.
 amber187
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Grand Forks, menards, border crossing.... bars... rubber glove ???wtf ! lol
Posted: 3/20/2009 10:48:32 PM
I may not of worded this properly due to the amount of work i have been working lately but yah oh well lol
 TooShadows
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Grand Forks, menards, border crossing
Posted: 4/16/2009 6:31:39 AM
I went to the States on Tuesday the 14th. Bit of a pain with Hwy 75 closed,but we crossed on Hwy 59 and worked our way south-west to Grand Forks. Crossing the border into the States wasn't too bad,even though my mother forgot her birth certificate. The immigration officer allowed me to vouch for her. Coming back into Canada at the same crossing we encountered something new:we had to first stop at US Customs and show our ID before proceeding on to Canadian Customs. No problem there,we didn't even have to pay duty on the $150 we were over our limit.
 TooShadows
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Grand Forks, menards, border crossing
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:05:12 AM
Well,another trip to the States under our belt. We went down for a yearly muzzleloading competition I've been attending since about 1985. We decided to get the new enhanced ID cards instead of passports. There was a major difference at the border. When we arrived the line-up started just before the entrance to the Canadian Duty-free store. A year ago it would have been at least an hour wait from that point,probably more,but in fact we got through in under a half hour. The border guard swiped our ID's,asked us where we were going and how long we were going down for,asked exactly what kind of guns I had(cartridge firearms require a permit, muzzleloaders don't)and we were off.
Coming back was just as quick;we got back to the border at 1:30 pm,the line-up was about 7 cars in each of 4 lanes,and we were through in under 10 minutes. The new passport/enhanced ID rule may have seemed silly,but it sure sped things up both ways.
 rocz
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/16/2011 6:05:48 PM
I had the same problem.. Only it was 45 min shy of the 48 i also had to return my booze . We had all our reciepts and were not over on our 48 hour but because we were approx 45 mins shy they nailed us hard and i think the really enjoyed it. We we polite and respectful so there was no reason for them to do this to us ..Your right what a bunch of PRICKS
 edjoecdn
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2011 11:14:34 AM
They should have an "undercover boss" cruz thru the border 45 minutes early... that would be sweet for those power tripping kids....... grrrrrrrrrrr

Oh news flash.... apparently they plan on stopping every 10th car to hassle... so it may be a beat the odds kind of thing...
 TooShadows
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2011 11:09:28 AM
I thought we were all supposed to get the new Enhanced Driver's Licence?

My Enhanced ID card expired last fall when I renewed my driver's licence and it the new Driver's Licences look EXACTLY like an EIC. However much to my surprise when crossing the border on August 5 the Customs Officer informs me that I don't have an "Enhanced" Driver's Licence. Luckily she allowed me to also use my birth certificate as proof of citizenship. Now I have to see about either an Enhanced Driver's Licence or renewing my EIC.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:14:51 PM
Isn't this where people are saying 'don't do the crime if you can't do the time?' If it says 48 hours, why would you think that 47.75 is 48? Keeping time is something most of us learned by junior high, most vehicles and cell phones have clocks, so I'm not sure why anyone is complaining when they fail to meet the known in advance requirements...
 1978CY
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:10:44 PM
I've had horrible boarder experiences and great ones. I found out that apparently there is a vehicle exactly like mine that has been a known vehicle to transport drugs over the boarder. So every time I went over saying I was going to a concert they raped my vehicle... because anytime someone goes to a concert they are obviosuly doing drugs ... so once I got wind of that, I always make sure I am diligent at the boarder. I have all my facts straight, and everything I need to back it up. I know the answers before they ask the questions. Since I have in essence prepared myself, I've never had an issue...

I've never had the time issue... but at the same time I have never been even close to bringing back my allowed limit.
 edjoecdn
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 10:58:52 AM
Belle,

Whay aren't you fortunate enough to be OCD with the time... so if someone tells you they'll see you in a week that it'll mean exactly 168 hours from that specific second ???

Perhaps with you, most others would throw in a "ish" ... but the intent is the same...

I couldn't prove when I went into the states... stupid me for assuming they record shit like that and share it between the two various agencies working only yards apart from one another...

But then to have someone come on like it's matter of fact and implying I was less then intelligent... well I took offense at that and felt you needed to be corrected.

There are likely a zillion things I know "matter of factly" that you may not be able to grasp; do I insult ? no .... empathy and compassion and understanding.... the canadian way .. except at the border...
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Grand Forks, menards, border crossing.... bars... rubber glove ???wtf ! lol