Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age typically does the "know it all princess" attitude end, 3      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carolann0308
Msg: 7
view profile
History
At what age typically does the know it all princess attitude end, 30 what?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I suppose you have the whole package to offer her? Decent job (one that pays your bills), hard worker, good family ties, no bad illegal habits and normal friends? Most women my age do not expect Superman but certainly don't discriminate against you for working hard and being honest. Look for a gal that has her own money, education and appreciates the fact that you treat her well. In turn you should shave on occasion, listen to her when she has concerns and pick up your dirty socks.
If you gravitate towards high maintenance Barbie dolls don't blame the rest of us for not giving you a shot.
 ImThatSteve
Msg: 8
view profile
History
At what age typically does the know it all princess attitude end, 30 what?
Posted: 5/23/2008 1:01:56 AM
WOW! This is great! These are the same experiences that I have had. I believe all of you so far are dead to rights on target. I find that most men and women mature with age somewhere in their 30's, or atleast have a chance to at these ages due to bumps in the road to life that allow us to grow into great people or get stuck and left behind to repeat mistakes till we finally learn from them. Then there is the reality that if you allow an insecure person to act badly they will because that is the only coping skill that they have (help them learn new ones by not responding to the old ones) BTW. I have not been attracted to the "barbie" types since junior high school, that reminds me I need to shave again to put a better face forward. thanks for the responses, I was hoping to bring on a topic which would interest and inspire people like this one seem to have done. WOW! This IS great.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/23/2008 8:31:55 PM
I was never a princess, so I dunno. I think it's fairly stupid to decide that thin women are arrogant.
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/23/2015 11:18:40 PM
Made me think some of you might be able to find cheaper doormats at home depot.....
 6146Catch
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/24/2015 7:29:44 AM
It doesn't end. I've known women in their 80s who acted like spoiled princesses.

It's pretty sad to watch them end up that way, because they all believe life has gypped them when they pass retirement age and nobody wants to bother with them anymore. More and more nowadays, it happens in a nursing home.

But hey... AFAIC you reap what you sow.
 spot4username
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/24/2015 2:12:18 PM
Somebody hold my tiara while I type out a response.

Some people have the attitude of being entitled. Men, women, all ages. Every so often something will happen in a person's life to give them a bit of humility and "wake them up". Other people will just always be that way.
 CharminC
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/25/2015 12:14:19 PM

At what age typically does the "know it all princess" attitude end and the "accepting and worldly" women begin to emerge and evolve from that younger mindset, or social programming if you prefer it catagorized as.

Some people have the attitude of being entitled. Men, women, all ages. Every so often something will happen in a person's life to give them a bit of humility and "wake them up". Other people will just always be that way.

She nailed it right on the spot.

Pun intended *giggles
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 14
 MasterOfReality84
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:09:13 AM
It never ends, most women need some kind of traumatic experience to snap out of it, and some require even more traumas to start acting like actual human beings.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:15:12 AM

It never ends

Misogyny apparently doesn't either. :/
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:32:10 AM
I don't get what being a "know it all" has to do with being a "princess"? I've never been the princess sort, but have struggled most of my life with being a know it all. The latter has started to change in my forties. I think it the change has more to do with life experience than with my body type (wtf).
 overunity
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:57:19 AM
I just checked Msg 38's history. Hmmm.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/6/2015 10:04:42 AM
^ Haha! How did he do that?? Crook Catcher: If you can do that, surely you can figure out how to get these bloody cuffs off me. Seriously, it's not funny any more :/

*Below: Like I haven't heard that before.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 20
view profile
History
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/6/2015 1:51:47 PM
I made that copy at home depot for you Joe lol
 VeeDub_EVO_III
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/6/2015 5:35:15 PM
I've notice this "Princess syndrome" You speak of all over POF. It seems there are some very "entitled" ladies in my city. The list of physical, educational, and financial requirements to date them can be rather sickening to read.

I think they grow out of that phase in their 40's when they realize than men are probably aiming for a slightly younger crowd, and all of a sudden they're not quite as desirable as they previously believed...
 Peas_
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/6/2015 5:46:46 PM
^^^

I am "entitled". I'm entitled to be single and keep looking, maybe never find "the most perfect relationship" either. But I am entitled to look if I would like to.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2015 6:25:10 PM

I made that copy at home depot for you Joe lol

I will take that as an invitation. Make sure to leave it in that special place! lol
 foreverbelieving79
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/6/2015 8:31:33 PM
It depends. Having children is the best remedy. That rarely fails to bring people down to earth. Women past 30 who have no children can actually be more self-obsessed than younger women, in my experience.
 south_city
Msg: 26
Posted: 9/6/2015 8:43:01 PM
For some people, it never ends until they die.
 tequila157
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/8/2015 12:05:04 AM
Not all women are the same and no body weight does not play a factor. I know some bigger women who have the "princess" mind set. It comes down to the individual. Whether they are mature or not. The "it's all about me" syndrome normally tones down when reality hits. That could be at any age!
 chrisshrew
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2015 6:11:16 AM
I don't think all princesses are all very attractive but I would guess that its a high percentage.

I think the belief that many very attractive women are high maintenance can act as a consolation to many men who are unable to attract these women. Looking at a couple where the female is extremely good looking and thinking that there's a good chance she is very demanding rather than just feeling jealous can be reassuring in a way. I have no doubt of course that many attractive women are 'down to earth' but maybe they are more the exception rather than the rule.

I don't really know whether most extremely attractive women are high maintenance but I certainly think that the idea that they are can be reassuring in a way. As the saying goes 'the grass is always greener on the other side' and if you look at the disadvantages of a situation that before you wished you were in it then you feel better about your own circumstances.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/8/2015 6:48:13 PM

Never. Gimme cookie.

Chocolate chip. Chocolate brownie. Ginger bread man?
 hemingway234
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/12/2015 1:27:28 PM
At what age typically does the "know it all princess" attitude end? - never, at least not for those particular women.

What's the solution? - find a low maintenance woman. You only need one good one. Who cares about all the rest?

By the way, do you know what's good about marrying an ugly woman? - If she ever leaves you, who cares?!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/12/2015 7:13:10 PM

By the way, do you know what's good about marrying an ugly woman? - If she ever leaves you, who cares?!

Quote: I got tired of my man cheating on me, so I got me an ugly man. Came to find out he was cheating on me with an ugly woman!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > At what age typically does the "know it all princess" attitude end, 30 what?