Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StarreGazer
Msg: 2
Do You Believe It is Possible to Find Your Future Husband/Wife via Online Dating?Page 4 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Msg: 1 -- possible to find your future husband/wife via online dating {i.e.--plentyoffish.com}?

I think all who are serious about the pursuit of such believe that it is possible. I know I most CERTAINLY would NOT waste my time here if I didn't believe in such a possibility.
 DebbieC1953
Msg: 4
Do You Believe It is Possible to Find Your Future Husband/Wife via Online Dating?
Posted: 5/22/2008 5:18:35 PM
Since my sister is going on year 8 of her happy marriage to her online personals-ad match, (and he was in Alaska and she in New York at the time!) and one of my dearest friends found her now-fiance here on POF, I'm voting for yes!

Ever hopeful -

Debbie
 ForumFilly
Msg: 5
Do You Believe It is Possible to Find Your Future Husband/Wife via Online Dating?
Posted: 5/22/2008 5:52:01 PM
Yes, I believe it's possible. I'm in an exclusive relationship with a terrific man that I met on POF. We both think the idea of a future together is a great possibility. Read the Testimonials forum and you'll see many success stories.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:47:35 PM
anything is possible, which is why i always keep checking under my bed
 ~1happywoman~
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/22/2008 7:27:34 PM
Yes, it is very possible. I came on here just looking to meet people, maybe date a few, but not looking for anything permanent or long term. And this sweet, sweet man came halfway around the world to find me! (Okay, so he was in the US, but he had to get here sometime).He has been the catalyst for some big changes in my life, and awakened a sense of adventure I didn't really know I had. I really feel that we will be together for a long, long time. I can say with 100% certainty that I would not have met him without internet dating.
 mist344
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/23/2008 2:27:20 PM
I hope so....I've been divorced for 12 years and I stay busy with kids and work but I'm finally going to give this internet dating a shot.

Just started so we will see what happens,
mist344
 cowtrucker
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2008 5:43:40 PM
I believe anything is possible, just don't be in such a big rush to settle down and get married. Make sure this one is the right one for you, and you are for him. Of course we all ask ourselves if this person is someone who we could spend forever with, just don't move too quick and pass up something more suitable for you.

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 clearandbright1
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/26/2008 6:35:24 PM
I know of 7 couples who met through match.com and are still married.. I havent been looking which is why I havent found anyone, not ready I guess. I could be in a relationship (married with a house) now if I wanted, met him here, but I wasnt sure about him, still not sure if I made the right choice in leaving
 techgirl27
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2008 11:07:36 PM
I think its possible, after wading through all of the posers and serial daters. i.e. the ones that are just in it for the 1 night stands or just looking for validation.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/8/2008 12:07:12 AM
Why wouldn't it be?! Anything is possible. Online dating is only a prelude to real life, isn't it?
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/9/2010 5:15:25 AM
I know it's very possible - I met my wife here!
 ExquisiteEccentric
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/14/2010 11:01:15 AM
HELL YA!!! AND 2nd and 3rd and 4th and 7th and 19th.. the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >