Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ahron123
Msg: 70
How Many Take The Time To Say Hi??Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I say hi to everyone cause I'm friendly, but this whole "you should say hi to them because they serve you" is a bad attitude. You should say hi to them because saying hi to people makes the world a plesant place.

They are not serving you either, they are working for money, and effectivly serving themselves.
 Ahron123
Msg: 72
How Many Take The Time To Say Hi??
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:24:19 AM

of course work=money.... that's why people do it for the most part... why should we made their day any harder by not being polite?...

I didn't say we should. I said the opposite. The thing is, the reasons for being polite need to be real (it genuinely does make the world a better place, and that in itself is a good reason).

I'm not big on formalities, and sometimes it's the less friendly staff that I feel most comfortable talking to. I HATE fakeness. I have made quite a lot of small talk with people at check outs who are complaining about how boring their job is, or implying that it is boring by stating that they "only have 2 hours and 56 minutes left". I don't have a problem with it. I would go as far as to say that people being friendly and acting happy when I can tell that they are actually not, really irritates me.

Having said that, sometimes friendliness is very genuine and that's fantastic. It makes me think: should staff be told to act happy and friendly, or instead, should employers create an environment in which staff actually ARE happy and friendly? I think the importance of the latter is sometimes under estimated.

Anyway, back on topic, friendliness over rated. Genuine-ness is under rated. Say hi if you feel like it, and can do it for the right reasons.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >